• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Besides Peters and Edwards....

It is time to extend Jauron's deal. He is a FA at the end of the season.
    Get him done and then those two. Unless there is a total collapse, he will have earned it. Hell, at this pace he will only lose out to Mike Smith for Coach of the year.

Get it done Ralph! Free the moths and open your wallet!
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Besides Peters and Edwards....

The corpse needs a raise.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

No, that would be a mistake. Let the season play out or wait until later in the season...it's way too early.

Comment

• Lexwhat
        • Feb 2005

Is there any doubt that Fred Jackson needs to be re-signed as well?

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          It is time to extend Jauron's deal. He is a FA at the end of the season.
          Get him done and then those two. Unless there is a total collapse, he will have earned it. Hell, at this pace he will only lose out to Mike Smith for Coach of the year.

Get it done Ralph! Free the moths and open your wallet!
          Absolutely....

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            No, that would be a mistake. Let the season play out or wait until later in the season...it's way too early.
            Scary proposition with the possibility of up to ten jobs opening up after the season and Dick's contract expiring.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              Scary proposition with the possibility of up to ten jobs opening up after the season and Dick's contract expiring.
              We are 6 games in! Let me remind you that Detroit was 6-2 last year, should they have extended Millen then? I'm just saying, relax and enjoy the ride...don't get ahead of yourself.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Man, someone is pleased after this game.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
                  Man, someone is pleased after this game.

It's OK, it's fun to be something again in the NFL and being 5-1 is great.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                    • Aug 2006

So, at what point do you finally say, "OK, it's time to give him an extension?"

How many games in and at what record?

The longer you wait, the more wins the team has, the higher the price goes. It simply comes down to whether or not you're convinced he's the guy you feel good about leading this group of players forward - most of whom are young and locked up for several more years.

I know you're not. But most of us are. I was after LAST year, after he won 7 games with a very young, inexperienced team that had 17 players on IR.
                    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

We are 6 games in! Let me remind you that Detroit was 6-2 last year, should they have extended Millen then? I'm just saying, relax and enjoy the ride...don't get ahead of yourself.
                      Difference is (for one) Jauron's deal is expiring.

And Millen should have been fired 5 years ago.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Are you seriously comparing the Bills to the Lions? I know I give Wilson a lot of crap but he's no where near as bad as Ford and Co. This team has had a few years of glory since it's introduction to the football world. The Lions have been THE laughing stock of the league since day one and that tradition continues.

Point is, Jauron has taken a team that has not made the playoffs in almost a decade and he has managed to turn it around in less than three seasons. He's put up with bad talent, bad coaching, bad ownership (to a point), etc..... and he has turned this ship completely around. He has clearly earned his money and deserves to be paid like one of the better coaches in the league.

I am in no way saying that Jauron is the best, or one of the best coaches in the NFL. What I'm saying is that he's easily earned himself at least two or three more seasons in Buffalo. If he's done this in three years I can't wait to see what he can do with four, five, six, seven, etc..... and now it LOOKS LIKE he has a real QB, the #1 thing every successful team needs.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                          So, at what point do you finally say, "OK, it's time to give him an extension?"

How many games in and at what record?

The longer you wait, the more wins the team has, the higher the price goes. It simply comes down to whether or not you're convinced he's the guy you feel good about leading this group of players forward - most of whom are young and locked up for several more years.

I know you're not. But most of us are. I was after LAST year, after he won 7 games with a very young, inexperienced team that had 17 players on IR.
                          All I'm saying is that the guy has one winning season in his career and he has started out this season very good. However, why does a 5-1 start erase all of the bad things he's done in his career that holds more weight then a month and a half of a season? I'm being logical...and looking at the entire picture. If he takes this team to the playoffs, then yes, extend him...until that happens, no...I wouldn't give him an extension.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

All I'm saying is that the guy has one winning season in his career and he has started out this season very good. However, why does a 5-1 start erase all of the bad things he's done in his career that holds more weight then a month and a half of a season? I'm being logical...and looking at the entire picture. If he takes this team to the playoffs, then yes, extend him...until that happens, no...I wouldn't give him an extension.
                            You're being irrational. If you were truly looking at the "big picture" you'd recognize that this team has gotten better each year that Jauron has been here and is currently one of the better teams in the NFL (record-wise.)

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              You're being irrational. If you were truly looking at the "big picture" you'd recognize that this team has gotten better each year that Jauron has been here and is currently one of the better teams in the NFL (record-wise.)
                              No, I'm not. Again, we are 6 games in...show me throughout this year and then I'm OK with extending him. I'm sorry, but a coach who has 1 winning season in his career does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. Nobody thinking rationally would.

Comment

Working...
                              X