PDA

View Full Version : Why is Schonert not getting more praise?

HHURRICANE
10-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Sorry, but this guy deserves some credit.

When was the last time you remember a play that left a player as wide open as Parrish was?

It's like night and day compared to what Fairchild ran last year. Last year I could almost call every play. One game I actually did.

Imagine what this offense would look like if we had a competant #2 WR and TE in there?

I'm really, really impressed.

Nighthawk
10-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I love what Schonert has done. He's taken a young QB and steered him in the right direction to get better. There is nothing but positive things to say about him.

alohabillsfan
10-20-2008, 08:44 AM
I agree, heap some more praise on him from me!

HHURRICANE
10-20-2008, 08:44 AM
I love what Schonert has done. He's taken a young QB and steered him in the right direction to get better. There is nothing but positive things to say about him.

I don't think it's his handling of Edwards that he should get praise for because Edwards is obvioulsy mature beyond his years. It's the incredible job he's doing of designing plays that maximize our offensive strengths and knowing when to call them.

When you see a team as talented as the Chargers on offense get outplayed by a team that doesn't possess the same level of talent you have to give it to the OC.

madness
10-20-2008, 08:45 AM
That throw to Parrish was a thing of beauty. Schonert is definitely our best OC in a long time and just like Trent, he'll only get better.

trapezeus
10-20-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm slowly begining to like Turk and believe in him. However, objectively, i think the reason he doesn't get any national praise is that the team hasn't blown out teams. Seattle had a punt return and a ST touchdown. St L was aided by a def touchdown.

The team is in the middle of the pack of scoring. But for us, fans without an offense for 5 years, this feels like a goldmine.

I think if he can get the running game going for the Bills, if he could have put in another TD before the half or got a TD at the end after the Kawaka INT,he'd earn more praise from me.

He's doing great as a rookie OC, but there is room to grow.

Tatonka
10-20-2008, 08:48 AM
i think Trents play has been as much of a reason to explain the improvement in the offense. Schonert has done an admirable job, but to improve on last years offense was not a challenge. it couldnt get worse.

Once i see a competent running game that can dominate opponents, then i think he deserves a ton of praise. we have a good set of running backs, and a huge Oline, there is no reason the running game shouldnt be better, and i trust that it will be by years end.

Philagape
10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
PRRRRAAAAAAAAIISE!!!

Nighthawk
10-20-2008, 08:52 AM
i think Trents play has been as much of a reason to explain the improvement in the offense. Schonert has done an admirable job, but to improve on last years offense was not a challenge. it couldnt get worse.

Once i see a competent running game that can dominate opponents, then i think he deserves a ton of praise. we have a good set of running backs, and a huge Oline, there is no reason the running game shouldnt be better, and i trust that it will be by years end.

I agree. Watching the game yesterday (the part that was actually on) it is obvious that Lynch doesn't always read his blocks correctly. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Lynch fan, but it does seem like he makes things tougher on himself by not hitting the hole at the right time or picking the correct hole to run through. On the other hand, this OL needs to get better because he doesn't get enough holes to make huge gains out of.

HHURRICANE
10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm slowly begining to like Turk and believe in him. However, objectively, i think the reason he doesn't get any national praise is that the team hasn't blown out teams.

I personally think we don't have enough talent to blow out teams. We only have one deep threat with Evans so that limits us to how many big plays we can get in a game.

The reason are running game is marginal is because teams can still play up at the line knowing this. Look at what happened to JP last year and in Arizona this year.

Until we get a guy that takes pressure off of Evans it's going be a "take what you can get" kind of offense.

mysticsoto
10-20-2008, 09:02 AM
I like Schonert's calls, but ultimately, I don't think he'll receive alot of praise (atleast from the media) until we can get a respectable run game going. As of now, the run game is still sub par. Nevertheless, I think Schonert does deserve credit for his creative calls and think that he will only get better if we eventually get the run game going!