PDA

View Full Version : Home field adavantage- Bills or Titans who'll get it?

blackonyx89
10-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Look at the remaining schedules of the Bills and Titans, the schedule favors Buffalo. Titan's schedule's tough. Thoughts?

http://www.titansonline.com/press_box/schedule/index.php

http://www.docsports.com/schedules/nfl/Buffalo.html

northernbillfan
10-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Too soon for this talk.

shelby
10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
what :nbf: said. Way too early.

Tatonka
10-20-2008, 08:58 AM
now that you jinxed us... the titans will get it for sure.

:mad:

Saratoga Slim
10-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Too soon for this talk.

I disagree. It's actually WAY too soon for this talk. We haven't even played a divisional opponent yet. We're one big hit away from watching the JP show again.

The best way to enjoy this season is going to be to keep expectations where they started at the outset.

Pinkerton Security
10-20-2008, 09:00 AM
just for s***s and giggles...

I only see the Titans losing to the Colts once, and two other games, possibly Pitt and Jax.

We will not be better than 13-3.

blackonyx89
10-20-2008, 09:01 AM
I disagree. It's actually WAY too soon for this talk. We haven't even played a divisional opponent yet. We're one big hit away from watching the JP show again.

The best way to enjoy this season is going to be to keep expectations where they started at the outset.

Sorry, overenthusiam.

HHURRICANE
10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
I think the Titans are a really good team but I don't think they are as good as their record would indicate.

This is a year with alot of evenly matched teams and I think they'll hit a wall and get marginalized.

There is no team this year that you can say is domiante which means that the Bills have just as good a shot as anyone this year.

Mitchy moo
10-20-2008, 09:19 AM

JP's best games are against the Jets / Fins, so the HFA thread is not out of place. There is no one on the schedule we have that we shouldn't beat, that means playing .800 ball gets us to 13-3. That should be good enough to be there, close at least.

Nighthawk
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM

I agree 100% and have been saying this all season. Yesterday's win was extremely exciting and some people have gotten a little ahead of themselves. But hey, at least we have that opportunity this year....it's been great, so far.

syracuse76
10-20-2008, 09:29 AM
buffalo all the way
THE ROAD TO THE SUPERBOWL IS GOING THROUGH BUFFALO!!!!

Griff
10-20-2008, 10:27 AM
just for s***s and giggles...

I only see the Titans losing to the Colts once, and two other games, possibly Pitt and Jax.

We will not be better than 13-3.

sorry you feel that way. But I'm back to feeling every game on the schedule is a should win.

Mitchy moo
10-20-2008, 10:48 AM
sorry you feel that way. But I'm back to feeling every game on the schedule is a should win.

That's my point as well, if you're the favorite in the last 10 games, you should win at least 7 of them if not 8.

BAM
10-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Steelers. It'd certainly be nice for the Bills to get it though. We're playing very well at home this year.

Night Train
10-20-2008, 10:53 AM
I still think the Titans & Steelers are better teams but we keep working to get better. Another positive step yesterday. :bf1:

Staying humble & just wish a playoff spot.

El Guapo
10-20-2008, 10:54 AM
If we win the East, we will get at least one home game, right?

Griff
10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
That's my point as well, if you're the favorite in the last 10 games, you should win at least 7 of them if not 8.

good teams win all the games they are favored in. But we'll probably be the under dog in the Denver game since its in Denver.

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Stupid Titans, look how they've got to 6-0 so far.

Jacksonville - okay that's a good team
At Cincy - Bottom 5 team in the league
Houston - Still sucked at that point especially on the road
Minnesota - Vikes have shown that they suck
At Baltimore - Ravens had the game in the bag and they lost it themselves
At KC - It's a mess down there

Who are they looking at now?

Indy - L
Green Bay - L
At Chicago - W
At Jacksonville - L
Jets - W
At Detroit - W
Cleveland - W
At Houston - W
Pittsburgh - L
At Indy - L

11-5 for them

Mitchy moo
10-20-2008, 11:05 AM
I see at least 4 tenn. losses in there, maybe 5.

Indy - L
Green Bay - L
At Chicago - W
At Jacksonville - L
Jets - W
At Detroit - W
Cleveland - W
At Houston - W
Pittsburgh - L
At Indy - L

11-5 for them

Night Train
10-20-2008, 11:06 AM

Understand your logic, looking at their Offense.

Still, that D can stone anyone in the NFL.

Lexwhat
10-20-2008, 11:10 AM

Indy - L
Green Bay - L
At Chicago - W
At Jacksonville - L
Jets - W
At Detroit - W
Cleveland - W
At Houston - W
Pittsburgh - L
At Indy - L

11-5 for them

I disagree. They will lose 2 in a row at home? The Titans are a very good team at home, and both Indy and GB have been very inconsistent.

I think their 1st loss could be either at Chicago or at Jacksonville.

tat2dmike77
10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Look at the remaining schedules of the Bills and Titans, the schedule favors Buffalo. Titan's schedule's tough. Thoughts?

Whats funny is after the AZ game you were one of those people screaming the sky is falling. Now you're back on the bandwagon most likely till the next loss.

blackonyx89
10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Whats funny is after the AZ game you were one of those people screaming the sky is falling. Now you're back on the bandwagon most likely till the next loss.

You know how some Bills fans are, we're schizo!!! LOL! I just want the best for the team. I'm not a blind Homer you know, so spare the bandwagon rhetoric.

Mitchy moo
10-20-2008, 11:17 AM

Many fanatical suicides after the AZ, we'll give them all a insanity plea and move on from here. All of them know their guilt and can plead out.

Lexwhat
10-20-2008, 11:19 AM
It's premature, but I would be happy with the #2 seed in the AFC too. A bye week would be great.

Pinkerton Security
10-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Steelers. It'd certainly be nice for the Bills to get it though. We're playing very well at home this year.

The Steelers are good, but they have a TOUGH schedule filled with many potential pitfalls. i dont think they will beat out the Titans, or even us perhaps, just based on scheduling.

Ebenezer
10-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Steelers.
Beat me to it.

tat2dmike77
10-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Guys i would be happy with one playoff game. Yes homefield would be nice. BUT let's not get to greedy. We have not been to the playoffs for a very long time and i personally would be happy with one playoff game at home. Wildcard or divisional game.

But i agree it is to early to be talking about this. Although the schedule favors the Bills. But one week at a time now lets focus on the Lolphins.

Saratoga Slim
10-20-2008, 01:15 PM
I think the Titans are a really good team but I don't think they are as good as their record would indicate.

This is a year with alot of evenly matched teams and I think they'll hit a wall and get marginalized.

There is no team this year that you can say is domiante which means that the Bills have just as good a shot as anyone this year.

I agree. With our 5-1 record and a look at the competition, it's not irresponsible to say that, barring critical injuries, we can beat anyone out there.

I'm just trying to keep my own expectations in check--we're good, but nonetheless not so good that we can't yet be derailed by a few key injuries or unlucky bounces.

Pinkerton Security
10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
I agree. With our 5-1 record and a look at the competition, it's not irresponsible to say that, barring critical injuries, we can beat anyone out there.

I'm just trying to keep my own expectations in check--we're good, but nonetheless not so good that we can't yet be derailed by a few key injuries or unlucky bounces.

exactly. look what an injury to TE did for us against the Cards. we unraveled.

BillsOwnAll
10-20-2008, 06:21 PM

...exactly..im so dissapointed we can only go 15-1..i reallly thought we were 16-0 team this year.

X-Era
10-20-2008, 07:16 PM

I honestly dont care

I think we can end up with the 2nd or 3rd best record in the conference.

I think we can get a bye and at least one game at home.

This team can play at home or on the road, I like our chances.

Thats said NBF has it right, we need to win each and every week. Pile them up while we can.

The Fins can play tough, don't look past any team.

Hyperion
10-20-2008, 09:23 PM

Indy - L
Green Bay - L
At Chicago - W
At Jacksonville - L
Jets - W
At Detroit - W
Cleveland - W
At Houston - W
Pittsburgh - L
At Indy - L

11-5 for them

I'm a Titans fan, here's my take

The NFL is full of mediocre teams and the vast majority of games will be against mediocre teams. I don't think discrediting wins does anything. I could say the Raiders had the game against the Bills in the bag which they should have, but that discredits what the Bills did in coming back. The Titans are allowing 11 pts. a game. Pretty damn good no matter who the opposition is.

If you win your first six games you're very good. If you win five of your first six you're very good.

Here's how I see the remainder of the schedule playing out. Honestly I don't think there's any chance the Colts sweep as you have it. I see 12-14 wins with anything more or less being surprising.

Indy-W(They're not the same Colts folks. Not even close. However the Colts need this one bad and I expect them to play a good game. Problem is the Titans have had this game circled for a while and the Titans are currently much better than the Colts.)

GB-W(Playing at home, Titans will control GB's running game and force Rodgers to win. He has yet to see a defense like the Titans. Titans have the secondary to take care of that)

at CHI-L(Most likely loss on the schedule IMO. Bears can play the Titans style and Orton is underrated IMO. Bears will need the game more and the Titans will be in the middle of a tough stretch with the hated Jags looming on the horizon. All around terrible spot for the Titans.)

at JAX- L. I see the Titans losing at least one division game somewhere. This game makes the most sense. Honestly it's 50/50.

Jets-W

at DET-W

Browns-W

at Houston-W(tougher game than most of you will think, probably a win but it'll be close)

Steelers-W(Home game, Titans D-Line will obliterate that Steelers O-line as currently constructed.)

at Indy- Just depends on if the Titans need the game and what the Colts are playing for at this point. There's no way to know.

TheBrownBear
10-20-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't think the Titans are necessarily better than us, but they have an inside track on the homefield due to what looks like a weak schedule and being one game up on us already. The one positive for us is that our lone loss was to an NFC opponent, so our conference record is still perfect.

Hyperion
10-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Bills also have a much better shot IMO to get homefield over the Steelers. Pittsburgh has got a brutal schedule and a terrible offensive line. Both will catch up to them later in the season and they'll likely lose 5 and that won't be enough to get homefield.

Lexwhat
10-20-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't think the Titans are necessarily better than us, but they have an inside track on the homefield due to what looks like a weak schedule and being one game up on us already. The one positive for us is that our lone loss was to an NFC opponent, so our conference record is still perfect.

I think Trent > Kerry Collins, but Tennessee's running game is superb. We would have a good chance to win at home, but a road game would be tough.