• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

"TOAST" Mckelvin

I hate to steal Op's thunder with a negative thread, but the sooner Mcgee and Youboty get back the better. This guy is a liabilty. He needs alot of work. The tools are there, dont get me wrong, his tackling is great. He is fast as hell, and he is an ASSET on run support. He had no bussiness covering the 6'5" Vincent Jackson by himself. He looked like a rookie.
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Re: "TOAST" Mckelvin

Originally posted by Confused
    I hate to steal Op's thunder with a negative thread, but the sooner Mcgee and Youboty get back the better. This guy is a liabilty. He needs alot of work. The tools are there, dont get me wrong, his tackling is great. He is fast as hell, and he is an ASSET on run support. He had no bussiness covering the 6'5" Vincent Jackson by himself. He looked like a rookie.
    Veterans as well as rookies get burnt from time to time. I hope McGee gets back ASAP!!!
    Last edited by blackonyx89; 10-20-2008, 09:45 AM.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

He is a rookie.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

He sure played like a rookie yesterday. We need McGee back soon.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

He's a rookie...I'm not worried.

Comment

• syracuse76
            Knowing is half the battle......
            • Aug 2008

its all good im glad we won. im glad he got exposed, it is good for em. YOU GOTTA CRAWL BEFORE YOU CAN WALK. i think that play for the td he was burned on was part of his welcome to the nfl package.
            2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
            POZ will lead us to the promise land
            "That which does not kill me,
            will only make me stronger"
            Nietzsche

Comment

• Confused
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jun 2007

No doubt he will get better. I guess what I am saying is we need to not put him in situations like that if we can avoid it.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

he was not really close to Floyd on the first Td. On the one to Jackson he was actually in decent position to whap it down, but Jackson has a big frame, the throw was an NFL-caliber throw, and its something hes gonna work on I'm sure.

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  he was not really close to Floyd on the first Td. On the one to Jackson he was actually in decent position to whap it down, but Jackson has a big frame, the throw was an NFL-caliber throw, and its something hes gonna work on I'm sure.
                  Agreed. He had pretty good coverage on the second one. Rivers made a perfect throw.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

McGee played better as a rookie.

just sayin'
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Confused
                      No doubt he will get better. I guess what I am saying is we need to not put him in situations like that if we can avoid it.
                      Nobody put him in that situation, it could not be avoided. He got beat by a very good receiver/QB combo, it happens to vets as well as rooks. This playing time will help him immensely and should not be discounted, good plays or bad.

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

I am he was able to take his lumps yesterday. He received an NFL education you just don't get in college. He'll improve and by the end of the season he'll be playing well. By next season he'll justify why we took him.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

I am not a fan of McKelvin i have been saying it all along since i seen him at the Preseason Night practices that i went to

He has bust written all over him, i know it is too early to say but he consistently run straight into the coverage on STs and regularly gets beat on double moves on D
                          Hope it can be corrected but i just dont see the potential everyone else does
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• BigGabes23
                            • Mar 2006

I would not even come close to taking another rookie CB over him...... He still has an amazing set of tools to work with, and a great coaching staff and peers (Mcgee, Whitner, Greer) to learn from. Look at Greer, I was on this board 2 years ago saying I can't beleive he is still on the team, and now he is one of the most under rated CBs in the league. If he is still "toast" this time next year (which he will not be) then you can say "I told you so." How about enjoying the fact that we are 5-1 and one of the best teams in the AFC rather than pointing out insignifigant problems with the team.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

if this team were on a 5-11 path I would say the kid can play and not to worry...I will feel better with McGee back.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X