PDA

View Full Version : The Edwards Scamper

ghz in pittsburgh
10-20-2008, 09:33 AM
that he started out with the ball on his right hand. Just before a defender on his right reaching out in an attempt to strip, Edwards switched the ball to his left hand.

That, I guess, showed a bit of his awareness of people around him. But I'm not sure it is a prudent thing to do when you run with a ball.

hydro
10-20-2008, 09:54 AM
that he started out with the ball on his right hand. Just before a defender on his right reaching out in an attempt to strip, Edwards switched the ball to his left hand.

That, I guess, showed a bit of his awareness of people around him. But I'm not sure it is a prudent thing to do when you run with a ball.

It is something running backs tend to do a lot but I think they conceal it more. I wouldn't expect a QB to do it though seeing as I doubt that is something they practice much. Shows big time awareness.

jmb1099
10-20-2008, 10:07 AM

Not sure what you're going for here. Either he knew the defender was coming and it was a brilliant awareness move or it was a boneheaded thing to do and he got lucky???
Considering everything Edwards consistently does right I'm going to assume it was an awareness move and he made the right call. Just saying...