X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Griff
    • Jul 2008

Adjusting

For so long now Bills fans have become accustomed to losing. We've been out of the playoffs for nearly a decade and since the 90s have had the rug pulled out from under us repeatedly. Being a Bills fan is a challenge that only a few other sports fans can sympathize with, but we're not asking for sympathy, we've been forged in the fires of disappointment and frustration, Bills fans are tough and loyal. But this 2008 team is unlike anything we've seen in nearly two decades. While we expect a let down, they keep on surprising us. Every game this year I keep expecting the old Bills to show up and find a way to lose the game, but they don't.

The 2008 team wins. I've become so used to a team that never seems to win the close ones, that every time we pull out a win this year I am pleasantly amazed. So every game I can feel the knot in my stomach loosen and the weight of the last decade lessen. Its took a very long time, but we finally have a team that I can have pride in. I can now boast that I am a Bills fan while not preparing a line of defense from the haters and I can now watch a Bills game and not worry about how they'll lose. Thank you 2008 Bills for giving us something we can Billieve in once again.
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Adjusting

"Optimism, a strangely wonderful (but scary) sensation.....

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Griff
      • Jul 2008

Re: Adjusting

The fear is lessening. Its also nice that I've seen every game this season, something I haven't been able to boast since living in Rochester when I was 10.

Comment

Working...
      X