• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Trade our 2nd and 3rd.....

for Kellen Winslow Jr. ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright you arguementative *****s, tear this apart.

I think this is a great idea. Give Trent one of the best young Tight Ends in league. Many think that the Browneyes will trade him this offseason. Lets capitilize on this.

So, In no particular order, here are your typical responses when some one suggests trading picks away for stars....

1 "we have too many other needs to fill" I agree, however, we are kicking ass right now in spite of those needs.

2. "We can draft a tight end" BS!!!! There is no one on Winslow's level in this draft, and with the salary cap and all, our "window" for a superbowl run may not last long enough for said tight end to develop.

3. "He's not worth a 2nd and a 3rd" He's worth a 2nd all day. ( your a fool if you think otherwise) and the 3rd is the gravy that sets us apart from the numerous other would be teams. Look what we did with our 3rd last year. Big impact so far....yeah right. you cant steal a Trent Edwards every year. I'll take the risk.

4. "Ralph would never go for it" The most plausible of the group but I think even 'ol stingy pants himself would see the logic and potential this trade would bring.

Our draft....

1. LB (I'd love to dream that we sign Suggs but....)
    2&3 Kellen Winslow Jr.
    4. Center
    5.New Backup QB
    6. Project o-line
    7.BPA, DE,WR,SS.

Maybe we trade Greer or McGee for a 3rd who knows.
  • DBrown77
    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
    • Mar 2005

Re: Trade our 2nd and 3rd.....

Originally posted by Confused
    for Kellen Winslow Jr. ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright you arguementative *****s, tear this apart.

I think this is a great idea. Give Trent one of the best young Tight Ends in league. Many think that the Browneyes will trade him this offseason. Lets capitilize on this.

So, In no particular order, here are your typical responses when some one suggests trading picks away for stars....

1 "we have too many other needs to fill" I agree, however, we are kicking ass right now in spite of those needs.

2. "We can draft a tight end" BS!!!! There is no one on Winslow's level in this draft, and with the salary cap and all, our "window" for a superbowl run may not last long enough for said tight end to develop.

3. "He's not worth a 2nd and a 3rd" He's worth a 2nd all day. ( your a fool if you think otherwise) and the 3rd is the gravy that sets us apart from the numerous other would be teams. Look what we did with our 3rd last year. Big impact so far....yeah right. you cant steal a Trent Edwards every year. I'll take the risk.

4. "Ralph would never go for it" The most plausible of the group but I think even 'ol stingy pants himself would see the logic and potential this trade would bring.

Our draft....

1. LB (I'd love to dream that we sign Suggs but....)
    2&3 Kellen Winslow Jr.
    4. Center
    5.New Backup QB
    6. Project o-line
    7.BPA, DE,WR,SS.

Maybe we trade Greer or McGee for a 3rd who knows.

Were having an awesome year. lets enjoy it and not think of next year right now

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

why do you think hes on the trading block? they are having a bad year so far, but they have a lot of talent. I'm not saying he WONT be available, but I havent exactly heard that hes so upset about the goings-on that he wants out.

Comment

• Confused
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2007

I have hurd that he wants out. I saw some rumblings on a browns message board on FF.com

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

1) Posters who would respond to your posts are not argumentative *****s. At least not anymore than you are.

2) The major issue with this is one that you didnt even mention. Winslows character and injury concerns make him a risk.

3) I beg to differ that there are no TE prospects that are as good as Winslow. That may be true right now. But, guys like Beckum (a virtual Winslow clone) and even Gresham who can out block Winslow today are very good prospects who may turn out to be all we need without giving up as much as your giving away.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

wow. he sure would be worth it. there are very few TEs out there with the complete package, and he has it all and then some. bit injury prone, but some of those were also freak incidents. if he does get on the block, i would agree we should put forth some effort to pry him away.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

The trade deadline has passed anyways

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

from what I hear, hes having trouble with that particular coaching staff. Hes cool with his team, but not the staff. Romeo will probably be gone after this year anyways so I wouldnt be surprised if he stays.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Bad idea. Giving up two picks for a guy who has injury and attitude issues? Two picks when this team needs LB, DL, possible S, C and TE? Using high picks to fill one hole? A TE who is not a great blocker?

No way in hell.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

he's injured yet again

you want a guy who's always on the injured list?

not a great idea.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Kellen Winslow is like Plaxico Burress. He's one of the most selfish and immature players in this league.

He denigrates everyone around him to lift himself up, and never mans up to his own shortcomings.

Comment

• gil
                        • Mar 2005

Would he bring his grapefruits with him?

Comment

• UltimateBillsFan
                          • Oct 2007

Robert Royal is playing so hard lately. somebody lit a fire up his ass. who cares what SI rates him, he's the type of player you want on your team. He'll give guidance to rookies like Hardy and McKelvin.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

not going to happen, and for the same reason the browns want to get rid of him. his personality is not buffalos type. i wish we would but now way they will. i do have a feeling that TE is going to be our top priority in free agency though. i dont think we draft a TE high, i have a feeling that we will trade for one or sign a FA during the offseason. we need a vet TE for edwards not a rookie. now with our glaring OLB hole (ellison is not starter material) i could see us drafting one. there is some very good late first early 2nd round prospects coming out this year in the draft at that position.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

It is kinda early for this, but I would like to trade some '10 picks for some '09 picks. Ideally we need a starting C, a starting impact TE, a starting OLB, and someone to push Ellis, Schobel, Denny, and Kelsey if not start at DE.

Basically we need like 3 first rounders and a second. lol

Man, it would have been nice to have extended Crowell this past off-season. I looked over the FAs for this offseason, and Crowell is our best option to upgrade any of our weakest positions, IMO.

Heck, we should transition tag him.

Anyways, I would trade a second for Winslow all day. Actually, if you recall, they traded ahead of us in the last draft and took Martin Rucker who has been slowed by surgury, and inactive so far this year, after twisting his knee.

Why they moved up to take Rucker right before the Bills when they had Winslow had me scratching my head. I would definitely take Winslow off their hands. Maybe they would take an '10 2nd rounder.

Anyways, this is alittle far fetched. The Bills don't do that kinda thing often.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X