PDA

View Full Version : Trade our 2nd and 3rd.....

Confused
10-20-2008, 07:22 PM
for Kellen Winslow Jr. ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright you arguementative *****s, tear this apart.

I think this is a great idea. Give Trent one of the best young Tight Ends in league. Many think that the Browneyes will trade him this offseason. Lets capitilize on this.

So, In no particular order, here are your typical responses when some one suggests trading picks away for stars....

1 "we have too many other needs to fill" I agree, however, we are kicking ass right now in spite of those needs.

2. "We can draft a tight end" BS!!!! There is no one on Winslow's level in this draft, and with the salary cap and all, our "window" for a superbowl run may not last long enough for said tight end to develop.

3. "He's not worth a 2nd and a 3rd" He's worth a 2nd all day. ( your a fool if you think otherwise) and the 3rd is the gravy that sets us apart from the numerous other would be teams. Look what we did with our 3rd last year. Big impact so far....yeah right. you cant steal a Trent Edwards every year. I'll take the risk.

4. "Ralph would never go for it" The most plausible of the group but I think even 'ol stingy pants himself would see the logic and potential this trade would bring.

Our draft....

1. LB (I'd love to dream that we sign Suggs but....)
2&3 Kellen Winslow Jr.
4. Center
5.New Backup QB
6. Project o-line
7.BPA, DE,WR,SS.

Maybe we trade Greer or McGee for a 3rd who knows.

DBrown77
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM

I think this is a great idea. Give Trent one of the best young Tight Ends in league. Many think that the Browneyes will trade him this offseason. Lets capitilize on this.

So, In no particular order, here are your typical responses when some one suggests trading picks away for stars....

1 "we have too many other needs to fill" I agree, however, we are kicking ass right now in spite of those needs.

2. "We can draft a tight end" BS!!!! There is no one on Winslow's level in this draft, and with the salary cap and all, our "window" for a superbowl run may not last long enough for said tight end to develop.

3. "He's not worth a 2nd and a 3rd" He's worth a 2nd all day. ( your a fool if you think otherwise) and the 3rd is the gravy that sets us apart from the numerous other would be teams. Look what we did with our 3rd last year. Big impact so far....yeah right. you cant steal a Trent Edwards every year. I'll take the risk.

4. "Ralph would never go for it" The most plausible of the group but I think even 'ol stingy pants himself would see the logic and potential this trade would bring.

Our draft....

2&3 Kellen Winslow Jr.
4. Center
5.New Backup QB
6. Project o-line
7.BPA, DE,WR,SS.

Were having an awesome year. lets enjoy it and not think of next year right now

Pinkerton Security
10-20-2008, 07:38 PM
why do you think hes on the trading block? they are having a bad year so far, but they have a lot of talent. I'm not saying he WONT be available, but I havent exactly heard that hes so upset about the goings-on that he wants out.

Confused
10-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I have hurd that he wants out. I saw some rumblings on a browns message board on FF.com

X-Era
10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
1) Posters who would respond to your posts are not argumentative *****s. At least not anymore than you are.

2) The major issue with this is one that you didnt even mention. Winslows character and injury concerns make him a risk.

3) I beg to differ that there are no TE prospects that are as good as Winslow. That may be true right now. But, guys like Beckum (a virtual Winslow clone) and even Gresham who can out block Winslow today are very good prospects who may turn out to be all we need without giving up as much as your giving away.

Pinkerton Security
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
wow. he sure would be worth it. there are very few TEs out there with the complete package, and he has it all and then some. bit injury prone, but some of those were also freak incidents. if he does get on the block, i would agree we should put forth some effort to pry him away.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2008, 08:11 PM
The trade deadline has passed anyways

FlyingDutchman
10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
from what I hear, hes having trouble with that particular coaching staff. Hes cool with his team, but not the staff. Romeo will probably be gone after this year anyways so I wouldnt be surprised if he stays.

Dr. Lecter
10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Bad idea. Giving up two picks for a guy who has injury and attitude issues? Two picks when this team needs LB, DL, possible S, C and TE? Using high picks to fill one hole? A TE who is not a great blocker?

No way in hell.

Ingtar33
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
he's injured yet again

you want a guy who's always on the injured list?

not a great idea.

Lexwhat
10-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Kellen Winslow is like Plaxico Burress. He's one of the most selfish and immature players in this league.

He denigrates everyone around him to lift himself up, and never mans up to his own shortcomings.

gil
10-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Would he bring his grapefruits with him?

UltimateBillsFan
10-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Robert Royal is playing so hard lately. somebody lit a fire up his ass. who cares what SI rates him, he's the type of player you want on your team. He'll give guidance to rookies like Hardy and McKelvin.

jimbohastle51
10-20-2008, 10:31 PM
not going to happen, and for the same reason the browns want to get rid of him. his personality is not buffalos type. i wish we would but now way they will. i do have a feeling that TE is going to be our top priority in free agency though. i dont think we draft a TE high, i have a feeling that we will trade for one or sign a FA during the offseason. we need a vet TE for edwards not a rookie. now with our glaring OLB hole (ellison is not starter material) i could see us drafting one. there is some very good late first early 2nd round prospects coming out this year in the draft at that position.

yordad
10-20-2008, 11:17 PM
It is kinda early for this, but I would like to trade some '10 picks for some '09 picks. Ideally we need a starting C, a starting impact TE, a starting OLB, and someone to push Ellis, Schobel, Denny, and Kelsey if not start at DE.

Basically we need like 3 first rounders and a second. lol

Man, it would have been nice to have extended Crowell this past off-season. I looked over the FAs for this offseason, and Crowell is our best option to upgrade any of our weakest positions, IMO.

Heck, we should transition tag him.

Anyways, I would trade a second for Winslow all day. Actually, if you recall, they traded ahead of us in the last draft and took Martin Rucker who has been slowed by surgury, and inactive so far this year, after twisting his knee.

Why they moved up to take Rucker right before the Bills when they had Winslow had me scratching my head. I would definitely take Winslow off their hands. Maybe they would take an '10 2nd rounder.

Anyways, this is alittle far fetched. The Bills don't do that kinda thing often.

eyedog
10-20-2008, 11:17 PM
A 2nd and 3rd.
They should make that trade in a second.
Never happen though.

Lexwhat
10-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Heck, we should transition tag him.

There's no way Crowell wants to play for Buffalo ever again. What would a transition tag do? We won't get any compensation even if he signs with another team. We'll only get an opportunity to match any contract offered to him by another team.

Anyways, I would trade a second for Winslow all day. Actually, if you recall, they traded ahead of us in the last draft and took Martin Rucker who has been slowed by surgury, and inactive so far this year, after twisting his knee.

Why they moved up to take Rucker right before the Bills when they had Winslow had me scratching my head. I would definitely take Winslow off their hands. Maybe they would take an '10 2nd rounder.

I'm just curious. Why would you want Winslow? He's so damn selfish. He just publicly criticized his General Manager, Phil Savage, for not checking on him while he was in the hospital with a bacterial infection. (I forgot that it's Savage's job to hold Winslow's hands and pet his forehead).

The Browns will also likely discipline him for "conduct detrimental to the team."

On top of that, when this season began, he held out cuz he wanted a new contract. This was after he almost destroyed his own career with that motorcycle accident, and the Browns were generous enough not to recoup his signing bonus at that time.

Trust me, I love big mouth players who can back it up on the field. Winslow is definitely one of the hardest working and toughest players in the entire league. But he needs to get over himself.

Griff
10-21-2008, 12:43 AM
The trade deadline has passed anyways

some people seem to be a little slow.

lordofgun
10-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Maybe after we win the Super Bowl, Tony Gonzales will have a change of heart. :snicker:

Historian
10-21-2008, 04:47 AM
I would take him for a 4th and Losman.

Night Train
10-21-2008, 05:17 AM
" I'm A Soldier ! " - remember that gem ? :rofl:

This guy is has been an emotional train wreck ever since he came into the public eye at " The U ". His HOF Dad is a bitter, vindictive man who burns over the fact the big $$ wasn't around in his time. In turn, Winslow Sr. plays the racisim card every chance he gets in the media & governs his sons life.

His Rookie year, he blows out his knee. Naturally, he goes and buys a racing bike the next year and blows out his knee again. Conclusion - It's the Browns/medias fault. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of talented players in this league who's presence in the locker room is a complete negative to a winning team. Here's a prime example.

I'll take my chances with Royal & a mending Fine over this cancer. If he can't get along with Crennel , then he obviously has major maturity issues.

Get over the Big Name/Shiny Toy syndrome.

Pinkerton Security
10-21-2008, 06:42 AM
some people seem to be a little slow.

such as those that didnt read that the OP stated we should trade for him in the offseason? ya. you're right.

DraftBoy
10-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Skill wise, he's a top TE and would be a steal at that price, however his emotional outburst, his attitude, his injuries, and his character make it too expensive.

Typ0
10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
he doesn't want to play in Clevelend because it's remote and lacks the excitement of the big city...do you really think he's going to get excited about coming to buffalo?

justasportsfan
10-21-2008, 02:14 PM
" I'm A Soldier ! " - remember that gem ? :rofl:

Soldya

patmoran2006
10-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Bad idea. Giving up two picks for a guy who has injury and attitude issues? Two picks when this team needs LB, DL, possible S, C and TE? Using high picks to fill one hole? A TE who is not a great blocker?

No way in hell.
Even I agree with this... talented or not. We dont need another Willis.

jimbohastle51
10-21-2008, 03:05 PM
hey if the guy wasnt a known outspoken a$$ i would totally be for it but i just dont see him fitting the bills with his personality. i want us to trade for a stud TE and i wouldnt be upset if we got him but i see us revisiting gonzo in the offseason after we show we are a proven contender over trading for winslow. another TE to watch for is bo scaife. they just gave crumpler a big contract and scaife is a free agent after the year.

Lexwhat
10-21-2008, 03:14 PM
they just gave crumpler a big contract and scaife is a free agent after the year.

2 years for $5.25 million is a big contract? Crumpler has only 9 catches so far this year. If I were a betting man, I'm guessing they will cut Crumpler after this season. If not, they will definitely just let him walk after the 2009 season.

Crumpler will be 31 soon too. I don't think Crumpler's contract is gonna affect their decision on Scaife either way.

justasportsfan
10-21-2008, 03:16 PM
I would take him for a 4th and Losman.

trading deadline is done and they would not need to rade for JP after the season. Where have you been?

Confused
10-21-2008, 03:28 PM
For everyone stating the OBVIOUS, no frickin crap the deadline has past. meengya.

I was unaware of Winslows "character issues". Has he pulled a gun on any family members or been involved in questionable vehicular incidents?

If we have such "glaring" needs at other positions why are we 5-1?

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2008, 03:30 PM
For everyone stating the OBVIOUS, no frickin crap the deadline has past. meengya.

I was unaware of Winslows "character issues". Has he pulled a gun on any family members or been involved in questionable vehicular incidents?

If we have such "glaring" needs at other positions why are we 5-1?

His character issues involve how he acts towards teammates and coaches as well as being a whiny *****.

Confused
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
here we go again with the "character BS". nice pasty white men rarely win superbowls.

The guy is a stud, and while I doubt we will get him, I would be nice.

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
here we go again with the "character BS". nice pasty white men rarely win superbowls.

Right.

And Winslow is overflowing with Super Bowl rings.

And he is not a stud. He can't block for one. Secondly, he can't stop getting injured.

X-Era
10-21-2008, 04:27 PM

And the Cow-turds have 13 pro-bowlers many of whom are "characters" and dont look to be SB favorites right about now, at this rate they may not even make the playoffs or win the NFC East.

No, I will wait longer for my ring if it means doing it the right way, with "good" guys.

Confused
10-21-2008, 05:42 PM
we dont have a fraction of the internal problems that the cowboys have. give shannahan, belicheat, juaron, tuna, ect the coaching job and put Jones in a pine box and that team is stout. DID I JUST SAY THAT? EWWWW- I JUST PUKED IN MY MOUTH A BIT.

How bout we give the niners our 1st and next years 2nd for Vernon Davis?

X-Era
10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
we dont have a fraction of the internal problems that the cowboys have. give shannahan, belicheat, juaron, tuna, ect the coaching job and put Jones in a pine box and that team is stout. DID I JUST SAY THAT? EWWWW- I JUST PUKED IN MY MOUTH A BIT.

Thats too much for a guy whos unproven.

But I love what that kid could bring. They wont trade him, but if they could, we should be all over it.

Id trade a 2nd straight up for him.

Night Train
10-21-2008, 06:17 PM

:rofl:

Lexwhat
10-21-2008, 06:26 PM

I think Davis would be a pro bowler here with our system, and with Trent throwing him the ball. I would rather give up a 2nd and 3rd for him than for Winslow.

But I think it's a moot point. I don't think the 49ers even want to trade him.

The Jokeman
10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Kellen Winslow is like Plaxico Burress. He's one of the most selfish and immature players in this league.

He denigrates everyone around him to lift himself up, and never mans up to his own shortcomings.
I might be mistaken but seem to remember Burress scoring a game winning TD in a Super Bowl last year. I'm not saying we'd win one with Winslow but think he'd bring us closer with him then without him. That said I wouldn't give up a 2nd and 3rd for him. A 2nd and possibly a later round pick for sure.

Mr. Pink
10-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Character issues?

His one motorcycle incident and now him talking out, albeit stupidly is character issues?

Does Big Ben have character issues then?

How about every athlete that has voiced things out of anger and frustration to the media? Do they have character issues?

Jim Kelly had character issues then.

Injury history he does have. The multiple staph infections he's had occur, I believe this is now his 5th is a concern. The fact that I don't think his knee will ever be 100% is also a concern.

But if you have the ability to get a player of his caliber and the price is right, you take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

That being sad, if the Browns were to trade him, they're stupid.

Marvelous
10-22-2008, 02:33 AM

Our draft....

2&3 Kellen Winslow Jr.
4. Center
5.New Backup QB
6. Project o-line
7.BPA, DE,WR,SS.

Sounds perfect for Madden in franchise mode... I accept that our fanbase has many who are stir crazy about the lesser skilled positions...TE is NOT a priority or a missing piece..When we are a elite team then IMO we can risk high picks on a TE,,,but until then there's NO-WAY in h*** i'm giving up a day one pick or a 3rd for a TE.. That's a Roscoe Parrish, a POZ, a McGee, A Trent Edwards, etc etc.. We have so many of our good players at skilled positions that are drafted outside the 1st round... Can't draft them next year if we don't have the picks....
-----You wanna trade those picks for a turd none the less??? wtf!

Confused
10-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Sounds perfect for Madden in franchise mode... I accept that our fanbase has many who are stir crazy about the lesser skilled positions...TE is NOT a priority or a missing piece..When we are a elite team then IMO we can risk high picks on a TE,,,but until then there's NO-WAY in h*** i'm giving up a day one pick or a 3rd for a TE.. That's a Roscoe Parrish, a POZ, a McGee, A Trent Edwards, etc etc.. We have so many of our good players at skilled positions that are drafted outside the 1st round... Can't draft them next year if we don't have the picks....
-----You wanna trade those picks for a turd none the less??? wtf!

yer right, every year we hit the jackpot with later round picks. Chris Ellis and Reggie corner or locked in a battle for DROY and both are a lock for the ProBowl. silly me.