PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: Power Rankings

northernbillfan
10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
As week seven comes to a close, the rankings come into focus a little bit more. Teams begin setting themselves apart and proving they can be a legitimate contender (Buffalo), teams continue to show that they are overrated (Dallas), and others prove that a win is a win no matter what (Washington).

I will be the first to admit that I jumped the gun a little bit in lasts week's rankings and the few people that actually read this were quick to jump on me. Not much has changed this week. There is just a little tweaking here and there, but nobody jumping double digit spots in the rankings. I'm trying to be a little bit more consistent as the season goes on and not being so quick to dump on a team or bump someone up. I think the Colts taught me that lesson this week.

1. Tennessee (1) – The Titans did exactly what the best team in the league should do, easily handle an inferior opponent and not even let the game be close. What a performance for the Tennessee running game.

2. Pittsburgh (2) – Much like the Titans, the Steelers did exactly what they had to do against the worthless Bengals. Sure they let them hang around till the mid-point of the third quarter but then they put their foot on the gas and left Cincy behind.

3. Buffalo (4) – The Bills got a huge win. The win was so big that most people should stop doubting whether they are for real or not. Kawika Mitchell was absolutely huge and completely justified the Bills signing him in free agency. He played like a champion should play.

Full list (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/21/the_zones_power_rankings_week_7.php)

hydro
10-21-2008, 10:05 AM
:homer:

Bills are too high :shakeno:

RockStar36
10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
:rofl:

Patrick76777
10-21-2008, 10:10 AM
:homer:

Bills are too high :shakeno:

Bills should be 3 or 4. Any higher or lower is insane.

Pinkerton Security
10-21-2008, 10:17 AM
give a little love to my boy Calvin Johnson, hes about the only good thing the Lions have going for them.

RoscoeMagic
10-21-2008, 10:32 AM
1. Ten
2. NY
3. Buf
4. Pit

How the Giants are not in the top 3 is beyond me. They will wipe the field with the Steelers next week, mark my words.

Pinkerton Security
10-21-2008, 10:39 AM
1. Ten
2. NY
3. Buf
4. Pit

How the Giants are not in the top 3 is beyond me. They will wipe the field with the Steelers next week, mark my words.

wipe the field? doubt that.

Patrick76777
10-21-2008, 10:43 AM
the Giants will wipe the field with the Steelers next week, mark my words.

Let's hope! That would be big for us.

Pinkerton Security
10-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Let's hope! That would be big for us.

Why? You think the Ravens are going to beat out the Steelers for the Division?

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-21-2008, 10:48 AM
My fiance is a big Giants fan and I usually root against them pretty heavily, but I told her I would be cheering for them this week. There were a lot of Steelers fans talking a ton of **** on the foxsports site about 6 things we learned from this weeks games. Saying the Bills arent for real and our division sucks. I hope the Giants knock Ben's head off!!!!

RockStar36
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
I'll be rooting for the Giants as well since I live in a huge Steeler town. Hopefully they do wipe the field with them, but right now I think Pittsburgh is the better team.

Patrick76777
10-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Why? You think the Ravens are going to beat out the Steelers for the Division?

I'm counting on both winning the division. If we have to play the Steelers in the playoffs, I want it to be here. So we need a better record.

Pinkerton Security
10-21-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm counting on both winning the division. If we have to play the Steelers in the playoffs, I want it to be here. So we need a better record.

gotcha.

madness
10-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Honestly, I'm not impressed with the Giants at all. O'Sullivan single-handedly took the 49ers out of a winnable game.

billogic99
10-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Honestly, I'm not impressed with the Giants at all. O'Sullivan single-handedly took the 49ers out of a winnable game.

So you think having a good season after a SB win is easy? You don't think teams try harder to win a game against the Giants then they do anyone else this year??

madness
10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
So you think having a good season after a SB win is easy? You don't think teams try harder to win a game against the Giants then they do anyone else this year??

Sure but last year's Giants would mop the floor with this year's Giants.

BlackMetalNinja
10-21-2008, 12:51 PM
:lolpoint: Cowboys

I love seeing them fall apart.