PDA

View Full Version : What We Learned In Week 7

Coach Sal
10-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Always a Bills item included. I think you'll enjoy this one........

http://www.salsports.com/week7WhatWeLearned.htm (http://www.salsports.com/week7WhatWeLearned.htm)

Mudflap1
10-21-2008, 12:34 PM
It's a great point, however, mass protection with only three receivers running patterns won't work forever. Teams will catch onto that in a few weeks. So Schonert needs to still mix it up. But your basic premise is correct -- when Edwards has time, he's very efficient.

Jon

shelby
10-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Great read, Coach!

i agree with you about Monte Kiffin, too.

Lexwhat
10-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Nice read as usual. Thanks!

One thing though: Indy @ Tenn is on Monday night.

madness
10-21-2008, 12:53 PM
I watched the highlights of the Raiders game and couldn't believe what a bonehead move that was! :up:

Coach Sal
10-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Nice read as usual. Thanks!

One thing though: Indy @ Tenn is on Monday night.

Thanks. I mixed up that game with the one they have the following week vs. New England. The first is on MNF, the 2nd is on SNF. I had them reversed.

I'll have to change it later.

Lexwhat
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks. I mixed up that game with the one they have the following week vs. New England. The first is on MNF, the 2nd is on SNF. I had them reversed.

I'll have to change it later.

No big deal. Just thought I'd mention it :up:

Coach Sal
10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
It's a great point, however, mass protection with only three receivers running patterns won't work forever. Teams will catch onto that in a few weeks. So Schonert needs to still mix it up. But your basic premise is correct -- when Edwards has time, he's very efficient.

Jon

It's "max" protection.

I agree that could cause a problem, but:

1) it's tough to cover people for 5-6 seconds, no matter how outnumbered you have them. There are always holes to find.
2) What I saw the Bills do a few times was keep those extra guys in, then if they saw the pass rushers had already been picked up, they sliped out into routes, becoming the outlet receiver.

But, yeah, they still have to spread the field and have 4-5 wide once in a while to show a different look and prove to the defense they can be successful that way, too.