• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Edwards entering upper echelon

Bills head coach Dick Jauron is never one to gush about his players. He gives credit where it is due, and always describes his team as a hard working group that genuinely likes the game. But it was hard even for Jauron to repress the pleasure he took in watching Trent Edwards this past Sunday.

“That was really impressive,” Jauron said of Edwards after Buffalo’s win over San Diego. “That was really impressive. The guys is just a good football player. A very, very good football player.”

Edwards had just finished the most accurate passing day in team history with a completion percentage just over 83 percent (25-30) with a touchdown and no turnovers for the fourth time in six outings.

He’s only played from start to finish in five games this season, but very quickly Edwards’ weekly performances have vaulted him to the top of the league’s quarterback rankings board.

Entering Week 8, Edwards stands second in the league and first in the AFC in completion percentage (69.7%), fourth in the NFL and second in the conference in quarterback rating (98.8) and second in the league and first in the AFC in fourth quarter quarterback rating (133.1).

Link.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Re: Edwards entering upper echelon

I think I just figured out who I'm voting for in the Presidential election next month.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

We're totally set with this guy if he stays on the field. It's about time.

Comment

• Inetpub
        i'm a tool
        • Aug 2006

lets all hear it. put jp back in!

j/k. :) Go trent!
        That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

definitely looks like we found Kelly's replacement.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

After what we've seen so far from Trent Edwards, would it surprise anyone to see him surpass Jim Kelly as our all-time greatest QB?
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Let's not go that far yet.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                After what we've seen so far from Trent Edwards, would it surprise anyone to see him surpass Jim Kelly as our all-time greatest QB?
                it all depends on the team around him. If they continue to grow better with Trent and the FO doing a good job bringing in reinforcements every year then chances are he could .
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

the guy that is in there when we win the championship is the guy that does that...so, yeah, I think he'll surpass him this season.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Blasphemy!

But it could happen.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

I'd like to see at least one full season with him at QB before I make any sort of statement like that. Jim Kelly was a very special player.

D & S Sports

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                        • Oct 2002

If he wins a super bowl, he will.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Hopefully Trent will always be a better person off the field than Jim Kelly is... some of you might know what I'm talking about...

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

When you critique this guy it's so easy to overlook he's not even through his second year yet and is on his second offense. Yes, Turk did a lot of work to ease the players into his philosophy such as keeping some of the same terminology but what happens when "the light finally goes on"? It might be fair to put out a public announcement to the rest of league to be ready for embarrassment.

I laugh thinking of the bashing he took by our own fans in his ROOKIE season! It's really hard not to get excited about this guy especially when he does everything so right.

Everybody is quick to acknowledge (and rightfully so) his lighting quick release or how fast he goes through his reads but that's not what amazes me. Considering what he had to go through in college, it's his pocket presence that absolutely confounds me. Excluding H.S, I'm not even sure he's had ever been in an actual pocket @ Stanford. Where did he get that calmness... the ability move and avoid defenders while his eyes continue to scan down the field? This guy should be as close to shaken as a Vietnam war vet for the beating he took in college(I so bad want to compare who he should like, but I digress).

Sorry Jimbo...Bruce... we never thought we'd develop a man crash faster then the ones we had on you... but you both have to admit you never came along this fast. It might be the loneliness we had to endure for so long but Trent Edwards has swept us off our feet and we don't plan on letting go. We just hope for a long and healthy career so we can see where Trent takes us.

Comment

• thenry20
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                              If he wins a super bowl, he will.
                              No, not just 1. Let's say he only makes that 1 appearance, yet wins, and never goes back again with the team, IMHO, he will not have surpassed those 90's Bills.

2 on the other hand, well................................................................................

Comment

Working...
                              X