PDA

View Full Version : Lindell one of top kickers in league?

Billsfan3
10-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Even though he does miss a few from there and there but it is buffalo with strong winds. He hit all his clutch field goals so far so what do you guys think.

Dujek
10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Lindell is clutch, and that's what matters. If he was playing in a dome every week he'd have amazing stats.

mayotm
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
He's very underrated. He's been outstanding the past three years.

trapezeus
10-21-2008, 07:29 PM
i wouldn't call him clutch. he's a kicker on a team that struggles to score points at times. every kick is clutch and he's missed his share. his accuracy through this year is down.

mayotm
10-21-2008, 07:36 PM
i wouldn't call him clutch. he's a kicker on a team that struggles to score points at times. every kick is clutch and he's missed his share. his accuracy through this year is down.Overall, he's made over 40 kicks in a row from inside 40 yards. He's 12 - 15 this year with all three misses coming from 50+ yards. He was 24 - 27 in 2007. He was 23 - 25 in 2006. I'd say he's been pretty damn clutch. Do some research, you'll have a difficult time finding many kickers more accurate during that span.

trapezeus
10-21-2008, 07:42 PM
fair enough. i'm just gun shy on the guy since he was so terrible his first season with the bills. i always assume he's going to miss it, and often times i'm pleasantly surprised. but i don't trust him with the game on the line. i'm sweating bullets. and that isn't the sign of a clutch kicker.

MikeInRoch
10-21-2008, 09:35 PM
fair enough. i'm just gun shy on the guy since he was so terrible his first season with the bills. i always assume he's going to miss it, and often times i'm pleasantly surprised. but i don't trust him with the game on the line. i'm sweating bullets. and that isn't the sign of a clutch kicker.

Or it's the sign of you not paying attention to his last 5 years...

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2008, 09:37 PM
How many pressure kicks has he missed since his first year?

I admitted two years ago I was wrong about the guy. He is good.

Griff
10-21-2008, 10:05 PM

stuck in 2004 eh? Oh Reed doesn't suck anymore either.

ZacGriffi~82
10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah, i pretty much feel the complete opposite. It weird to be 100% confident in a kicker when we need him but he's earned it.

ajsdx
10-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Lindell is awesome from 40 yards and in. I have near-complete faith at that distance. I will admit I would be very nervous if he were attempting a crucial FG from, say, 50 yards.

Ingtar33
10-22-2008, 12:43 PM
he's basically Scott Norwood.

those of you who remember Norwood; remember he was pretty much perfect inside 40.

only he has a bigger leg... and amusingly is far more accurate from 40+ then Norwood ever was.

While Christie will always stick in my mind as the greatest kicker the Bills ever had, i think it's pretty safe to say that Lindell is a safe number 2 on that list.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
he's basically Scott Norwood.

those of you who remember Norwood; remember he was pretty much perfect inside 40.

only he has a bigger leg... and amusingly is far more accurate from 40+ then Norwood ever was.

While Christie will always stick in my mind as the greatest kicker the Bills ever had, i think it's pretty safe to say that Lindell is a safe number 2 on that list.

Greater than Nick Mike-Mayer???

Blasphemy!!!!

mybills
10-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately, he's had a lot of game time practice. He was also the only one who put up points for the Bills on opening day against the Texans. It took his 5 fg's to win it. :ill: