justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
He's Terrell Suggs' cousin.

BlackMetalNinja
10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Merged multiple threads

mysticsoto
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Marcus Buggs showed alot of potential early - which is why he was kept on the PS. Experience will hopefully make him that much better!

I wonder who they will sign to the PS in his place?

The last buffalo fan
10-22-2008, 10:47 AM
He's Terrell Suggs' cousin.

And son of Bugs bunny and a G man.

patmoran2006
10-22-2008, 11:23 AM
lets just pray we dont have any more LB injuries

mysticsoto
10-22-2008, 12:40 PM
I might consider bringing Jon Banks back. He's worked with the group here before and could adapt quicker than another might. He had great athleticism, but was kind of slow and also needed to bulk up a bit...he does have experience playing all 3 positions though...

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Buggs over Haggan
By Chris Brown - Posted October 22nd, 2008
I’m going to start by saying that Marcus Buggs was one of my favorite undrafted free agent pickups after the draft in terms of the group that Buffalo assembled. I liked his aggressiveness and hitting ability and believe he can be an asset on special teams.

That being said, I’m surprised that Mario Haggan was not signed to replace John DiGiorgio on the roster. Buffalo’s coverage teams improved this past week against San Diego, but losing DiGiorgio hurts. It’s another veteran special teamer that will be replaced by a young player.

Haggan, who worked out for the Bills a few weeks ago, was available and ready to go and could slide seamlessly into all four of the spots manned by DiGiorgio on cover and punt and kickoff teams having played under Bobby April the past four years. More importantly he’d add a veteran presence and experience that’s still trying to be gained by a lot of the new special teamers.

In addition, during his time with the Bills he had snaps at MLB and could be a consideration there to fill the void left by DiGiorgio as well. Buggs is an outside linebacker at this level.

Since they chose not to go with Haggan, it’s likely that Kawika Mitchell would serve as the backup MLB, a position he played with the Chiefs. We’ll find out for sure after coach Jauron holds his afternoon press conference at about 2:30pm.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

bigbub2352
10-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Buggs over Haggan
I’m going to start by saying that Marcus Buggs was one of my favorite undrafted free agent pickups after the draft in terms of the group that Buffalo assembled. I liked his aggressiveness and hitting ability and believe he can be an asset on special teams.

That being said, I’m surprised that Mario Haggan was not signed to replace John DiGiorgio on the roster. Buffalo’s coverage teams improved this past week against San Diego, but losing DiGiorgio hurts. It’s another veteran special teamer that will be replaced by a young player.

Haggan, who worked out for the Bills a few weeks ago, was available and ready to go and could slide seamlessly into all four of the spots manned by DiGiorgio on cover and punt and kickoff teams having played under Bobby April the past four years. More importantly he’d add a veteran presence and experience that’s still trying to be gained by a lot of the new special teamers.

In addition, during his time with the Bills he had snaps at MLB and could be a consideration there to fill the void left by DiGiorgio as well. Buggs is an outside linebacker at this level.

Since they chose not to go with Haggan, it’s likely that Kawika Mitchell would serve as the backup MLB, a position he played with the Chiefs. We’ll find out for sure after coach Jauron holds his afternoon press conference at about 2:30pm.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

i think Chris Brown brings up a good point, because Buggs is way to small to contribute on D in case of injury

ST yes but we need to seriously address the depth here at least adding someone to the PS with some size at the LB position

bigbub2352
10-22-2008, 12:55 PM
I might consider bringing Jon Banks back. He's worked with the group here before and could adapt quicker than another might. He had great athleticism, but was kind of slow and also needed to bulk up a bit...he does have experience playing all 3 positions though...

I agree i liked him better than Buggs in the preseason 4.5 speed and decent size, at least give him a look for the PS , buggs is smaller than London was and that is small

bigbub2352
10-22-2008, 12:59 PM
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=731938

He added Marcus Smith DE from Dallas PS

Marcus Smith - Defensive Lineman

<TABLE class=playerinfo width="100%" itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TABLE class=yspcontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=974 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=800>Marcus Smith

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>function go() { selected_index = document.select_player.player.selectedIndex; window.location.href = document.select_player.player.options[selected_index].value;}</SCRIPT><FORM id=select_player name=select_player action=#><LABEL for=player-roster>Roster:</LABEL> <SELECT class=yspgens id=player-roster onchange=go() name=player> <OPTION value="" selected>Select Player</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/4298;_ylt=AlPWp24DetXx7cZENXeU7g_.uLYF>Adams, Flozell</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8449;_ylt=AisT9tz_1j3SieRtBXyvGXP.uLYF>Anderson, Deon</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8021;_ylt=AvSPZh7Eu3cTHIPhwUsaiwX.uLYF>Austin, Miles</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8491;_ylt=AnpID92yABzrP6UMx2sYlvL.uLYF>Ball, Alan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7285;_ylt=AggeAh6Ha1mWLXnO8nSPsvb.uLYF>Barber, Marion</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8838;_ylt=AiOqSdWoVU64hAmvHwfQB6v.uLYF>Bennett, Martellus</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7383;_ylt=AtRcAkzNI_UJ57zVdY6eHqv.uLYF>Berger, Joe</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6536;_ylt=AlGZBIg4MrWkh6QuoKsLdWz.uLYF>Bollinger, Brooks</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8087;_ylt=An9DJac8pqPDD1MDRF1lSBH.uLYF>Bowen, Stephen</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8466;_ylt=AqzUGZMLlMw6qFwoyFK5rDT.uLYF>Brown, Courtney</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7218;_ylt=AoqHMez0QQYgE4ZMfpeu8SP.uLYF>Burnett, Kevin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7308;_ylt=AlKrI3h3x8T.0ALTXsK3MrD.uLYF>Canty, Chris</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7767;_ylt=AmfXF_.mzbaO1RXSQgSHqpX.uLYF>Carpenter, Bobby</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8902;_ylt=AoDWFo1qfiGQWN9iNfs2Dtr.uLYF>Choice, Tashard</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5915;_ylt=AlSSCv_EbgYl9RiTvy3vONr.uLYF>Colombo, Marc</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6975;_ylt=Ah5BjitV6y68zEwnT6FI3Jv.uLYF>Crayton, Patrick</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7581;_ylt=ApXKp6hp7TNTG_NmD.1C6HX.uLYF>Curtis, Tony</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6269;_ylt=ApuhXsuJgr7m7HGqW46wccX.uLYF>Davis, Keith</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5449;_ylt=AmYMUg2UHGNzh8URRkjyuI3.uLYF>Davis, Leonard</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/4274;_ylt=AhczJTa8EI.J3VU6e4ekOGb.uLYF>Ellis, Greg</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8432;_ylt=AtWNVEye5AOy3yIw0dVa8Af.uLYF>Folk, Nick</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8376;_ylt=AgLag5Y1YSRSqGfBFgHT1qb.uLYF>Free, Doug</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5923;_ylt=Aj8zmekG770TFECaleNmV9D.uLYF>Gurode, Andre</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6378;_ylt=AnK7Q0lnT4J5bdawv0VPz.X.uLYF>Hamlin, Ken</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7841;_ylt=Ak6s0FLR_vbZBnSqqVGq9eP.uLYF>Hatcher, Jason</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5545;_ylt=AnkGjSm8WS5Qn7Yo5z.cdYP.uLYF>Henry, Anthony</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6438;_ylt=AhJNWLKV60OYRiMHjd0mntv.uLYF>Holland, Montrae</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8024;_ylt=AmPFk5JKkzxlRa46UYmaf9b.uLYF>Hurd, Sam</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6439;_ylt=AiJdeeE_B.l0.C6Lcx2fCBb.uLYF>James, Bradie</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8802;_ylt=AkypqPDz86bUB_WMsufzHZH.uLYF>Jenkins, Mike</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/2160;_ylt=Ag5_vrlzuCNb_nmgMq2HEfb.uLYF>Johnson, Brad</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6806;_ylt=Am.68ce1.UdvsY1sBG.A7IP.uLYF>Johnson, Tank</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8799;_ylt=AmmFY0dB546Wt3paODRusM3.uLYF>Jones, Felix</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6109;_ylt=AqjqkCJkrJl9E_1wh7KhZzb.uLYF>Kosier, Kyle</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7512;_ylt=AimVHafDUUIRdHOfdeZOion.uLYF>Ladouceur, L.P.</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7960;_ylt=AkLHj9lPMXnuxrlvsv6nRsD.uLYF>McQuistan, Pat</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6341;_ylt=Aik_cAsNnSEKhIshM3mSNUH.uLYF>Newman, Terence</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/3664;_ylt=ArY9nci7e_x31wEqqe_SI6H.uLYF>Owens, Terrell</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8772;_ylt=AvFhgjiifZ7VjNn1XV0MNnf.uLYF>Paulescu, Sam</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5560;_ylt=Ak_JVEJsAGnj3xiyAecnKED.uLYF>Polk, Carlos</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7591;_ylt=AqrJM1AvRSP06KNPHLZuvb7.uLYF>Procter, Cory</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7400;_ylt=Au2weRbc0EQ3p2t97PTbuqD.uLYF>Ratliff, Jay</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8434;_ylt=AvNihGKESX5hBOTAiRHvZ5n.uLYF>Rogers, Justin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6624;_ylt=AiLmTWG_4xvAyYfnkcJ_..3.uLYF>Romo, Tony</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8909;_ylt=AsZKimx9SlZ5ISWKo.xVBMv.uLYF>Scandrick, Orlando</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7196;_ylt=AiwcOckHYYFjFE8g3PR31Gb.uLYF>Spears, Marcus</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8280;_ylt=As18XY6efwqHebMczq87EpD.uLYF>Spencer, Anthony</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8357;_ylt=Ah.RTmEg19R4u0rWsp5pzYD.uLYF>Stanback, Isaiah</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/3569;_ylt=AsBt7vWJwNBwli.GjUTvLPT.uLYF>Thomas, Zach</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7187;_ylt=AiNdxrkGUKWmlvampRqB8wz.uLYF>Ware, DeMarcus</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7887;_ylt=AmA_yRD9bTSex5F.QlKA.sT.uLYF>Watkins, Pat</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6766;_ylt=AtEikEEUadAzT2QIjWsZ3o3.uLYF>Williams, Roy</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5894;_ylt=AlfrTCqvY6KAdWhfHqMcdTz.uLYF>Williams, Roy</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6405;_ylt=AgeZJ0r4aM4DiWiARdxpICf.uLYF>Witten, Jason</OPTION></SELECT> </FORM>
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nfl/players_l/20080904/8575.jpg?x=65&y=85&xc=1&yc=1&wc=164&hc=215&q=100&sig=U.0aCrgJM0UC8WkkXRXuxw-- http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/20080123/80x60/dal.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/dal;_ylt=AuxIaNc4w1rpk6lMkOzPyIj.uLYF)

Marcus Smith
Defensive End
Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/dal;_ylt=AsawfHlRCVPnB32dkT8Po3b.uLYF)<LI class=height>Height: 6-4 <LI class=weight>Weight: 281 <LI class=born>Born: Feb 7, 1984 - San Diego, CA <LI class=college>College: Arizona
Draft: None

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mysticsoto
10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
I agree i liked him better than Buggs in the preseason 4.5 speed and decent size, at least give him a look for the PS , buggs is smaller than London was and that is small

Haggan cannot be put in the PS...he's played on our roster for a few years already. Haggan is okay except that he always seems to commit a stupid penalty on STs...They may have chosen Buggs over him b'cse he is likely to play more STs than defense...and if another LB were to go down (God forbid), we can still get Haggan also since he's not signed with anyone...

mysticsoto
10-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Can't really find much on Marcus Smith...anybody know anything about him? I did find this stats page...it looks like he's a candidate to move to DT - perhaps in preperation for dumping McCargo?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=15041&draftyear=2007&genpos=DE

Lexwhat
10-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Buggs over Haggan

Yesterday, I also thought Haggan would be the best choice since he is a vet and has some experience. We better pray that nothing happens to our starters.

Jan Reimers
10-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Buggs was rated the 12th best OLB in the 2008 draft, just behind Alvin Bowen, by Scout.com. He was projected as a 4th or 5th rounder.

jimbohastle51
10-22-2008, 02:18 PM
marcus buggs- 5'11" 225lbs.
college- Vanderbilt

John Doe
10-22-2008, 03:41 PM
marcus buggs- 5'11" 225lbs.
college- Vanderbilt

Not that much smaller than DiGiorgio - maybe a little more robust actually.

Digi will be missed, but with Fine ready to play in a week or 2 his spot on special teams will be in good hands.

The Jokeman
10-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Can't really find much on Marcus Smith...anybody know anything about him? I did find this stats page...it looks like he's a candidate to move to DT - perhaps in preperation for dumping McCargo?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=15041&draftyear=2007&genpos=DE
While at Arizona he was considered a better player then current Buffalo Bill DE Copeland Bryan per Scout.com (http://arizona.scout.com/2/280906.html) Though injuries cost him playing time and as you elude he did spend some time at DT in college so he might prove a valuable swing guy. All and all probably just another body but who knows really.