PDA

View Full Version : LT talking Bills

CUHATIN
10-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Tue, Oct 21 Chris Brown reports San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson said the Buffalo Bills are a legitimate playoff contender in the AFC. "I do think the Bills are a legitimate 5-1," said Tomlinson. "They don't make many mistakes and we saw that. They didn't turn the ball over. They play a solid defense and good special teams and that's the formula for success. They will be a team to reckon with late in the season."

:rockon:

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 10:44 AM
well it's nice to hear a compliment from a talented player, but what's he going to say after his team just lost to us? "Nah, they're not a legit 5-1- all they do is beat patsies like us in their own stadium"?

CUHATIN
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
well it's nice to hear a compliment from a talented player, but what's he going to say after his team just lost to us? "Nah, they're not a legit 5-1- all they do is beat patsies like us in their own stadium"?

lol yeah you got a point there!!!!

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
In the meantime we all know what to expect from you "the bills suck"

BAM
10-22-2008, 11:01 AM
That's cool to hear... again. :D

:gobills:

HAMMER
10-22-2008, 11:12 AM

He could have said nothing you miserable puke, take the compliment and zip it for once.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 11:34 AM
OP has become a FTP like troll .

Tatonka
10-22-2008, 11:35 AM

um, well he could have not said anything at all. he clearly took the time to even speak to what it is that we do well.

cynical :poop: head.

Tatonka
10-22-2008, 11:35 AM
He could have said nothing you miserable puke, take the compliment and zip it for once.

oops.. you beat me too it.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 11:36 AM

so, if a reporter asks him a question, he's just going to sit there drooling on himself?

Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Tatonka
10-22-2008, 11:48 AM
he could have said, "yeah."

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 11:50 AM
so, if a reporter asks him a question, he's just going to sit there drooling on himself?

Yeah, that sounds reasonable.
is there anything false about what LT said? Yes he was asked and he simply told the truth. We are legitimate 5-1, we didn't make many mistakes ,we played solid D and good ST which translates to formula for success.

there are days when I think you and FTP are one poster and sometimes you look like a troll compared to wys.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 12:20 PM
is there anything false about what LT said? Yes he was asked and he simply told the truth. We are legitimate 5-1, we didn't make many mistakes ,we played solid D and good ST which translates to formula for success.

there are days when I think you and FTP are one poster and sometimes you look like a troll compared to wys.

the parts where he stated things that happened in the game were true. The rest was his opinion, or at least the opinion he felt comfortable to express on the record.

I don't know why you people insist on believing everything players and coaches say to the media without stopping to think about their motives. There is such a thing called "public relations".

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 12:24 PM
the parts where he stated things that happened in the game were true. The rest was his opinion, or at least the opinion he felt comfortable to express on the record. . and you are so quick to take a crap on anyones positive opinion on the bills EVEN IF HE ISNT A BILLS HOMER. When a homer says something you whine.

I don't know why you people insist on believing everything players and coaches say to the media without stopping to think about their motives. There is such a thing called "public relations".
we take it with a grain of salt and in the meantime you go around acting like you are an authority on what people say in media.

You need to get rid of your crystal ball because by the looks of it, you are going to get owned again at the end of the year. I will make sure to bring it up everytime you act like you know it all. You may want to get that ignore button ready. :up:

Seriously OP. you need to fess up and tell us you're a finfan and that you hate the bills. No one here will be shocked.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
C'mon kids, Op raises a point that is at least debatable.

Although I will say that if it was a Patriots player he would say something pissy and not give any respect. But a classy guy like LT who just got his ass kicked (41 yards????) will give props when due.

Buffatexas
10-22-2008, 12:29 PM
the parts where he stated things that happened in the game were true. The rest was his opinion, or at least the opinion he felt comfortable to express on the record.

He could have simply answered the question with "sure they are legit, they dont make mistakes and teams that dont make mistakes win games" and ended it right there and no one would have said anything about it.

LT chose to give us a little pat on the back which was rightfully deserved.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
and you are so quick to take a crap on anyones positive opinion on the bills EVEN IF HE ISNT A BILLS HOMER. When a homer says something you whine.

yet, if LT had trashed the Bills and said they've played weak teams and gotten lucky, you and everyone else would be on here talking about how he's just bitter and has no credibility. Of course, when he says something positive about the Bills, it's immediately valid.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post because it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 12:33 PM
yet, if LT had trashed the Bills and said they've played weak teams and gotten lucky, you and everyone else would be on here talking about how he's just bitter and has no credibility. Of course, when he says something positive about the Bills, it's immediately valid.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post because it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
NO I would just say, 23-14 bills win.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 12:35 PM
NO I would just say, 20-14 bills win.

And I would say 23-14 Bills win.

Buffatexas
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM

and then you would have responded with a statement like "I couldn't agree more"

j/k

To get back on topic, if he would have said something negative about the Bills, yeah, we would have shouted "sore loser" sure, who wouldnt? Point is that he "went out of his way" to give us praise when he did not need/have to.
I do not see any debate in his comments

Griff
10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Jesus could part the clouds and descend from heaven and announce that the Bills are the best team in the league and Opi would still say we suck.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Jesus could part the clouds and descend from heaven and announce that the Bills are the best team in the league and Opi would still say we suck.

Well the Patriots are Satan's team and the Dolphins and Jets suck, so Jesus really doesn't have any choice other than being a Bills fan at the moment.

Buffatexas
10-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Well the Patriots are Satan's team and the Dolphins and Jets suck, so Jesus really doesn't have any choice other than being a Bills fan at the moment.

I'm sure Jerry Jones would disagree. After all, I think he traded two first rounders and the soul of TO to get a little help down there in Big D

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 01:20 PM
didn't you have the fins sweeping us a couple of weeks ago and now they suck?

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
didn't you have the fins sweeping us a couple of weeks ago and now they suck?

oh they suck but I still think they could sweep us. If we want to split with them, we have to win this week because we already ceded our home field advantage in Toronto.

Jimbuktu
10-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Op is being outrageous here.

Keep in mind that LT is a player that has **** on other teams after losing. For example, the playoff game at home against New England two years ago.

This is good to hear from a player that has been one of the best in the NFL in recent history.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 01:36 PM
oh they suck but I still think they could sweep us. If we want to split with them, we have to win this week because we already ceded our home field advantage in Toronto.

you predicted a sweep. Now it's down to "could" .

Toronto is not their home game too ya know. So the toronto game points to which team is better but the fins suck and will sweep us. Nice logic there.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 01:38 PM
you predicted a sweep. Now it's down to "could" .

Toronto is not their home game too ya know. So the toronto game points to which team is better but the fins suck and will sweep us. Nice logic there.

that's not the logic.

The Bills don't tackle well and tend to overpursue. That's a bad matchup for their Wildcat O and Chad's short passing game.

On O, the middle of our OL sucks and they can probably shut down the run. That's another matchup I don't like.

But hey, let's just look at record and forget about everything else. That makes a lot of sense too!

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 01:41 PM
that's not the logic.

The Bills don't tackle well and tend to overpursue. That's a bad matchup for their Wildcat O and Chad's short passing game.

On O, the middle of our OL sucks and they can probably shut down the run. That's another matchup I don't like.

But hey, let's just look at record and forget about everything else. That makes a lot of sense too!

the match up expert speaks once again. How did your chargers vs. bills match up do? How bout' Jags? Thought so.

I agree the fins can beat us. Hell, anyone can beat us. You're just covering all bases this time.

Yeah you hate our record because it makes you look clueless. :snicker:

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 01:46 PM
the match up expert speaks once again. How did your chargers vs. bills match up do? How bout' Jags? Thought so.

I agree the fins can beat us. Hell, anyone can beat us. You're just covering all bases this time.

Yeah you hate our record because it makes you look clueless. :snicker:

I hate our record because people like you look at it and assume we can beat anyone without thinking about it logically, just like you did with the LT quote.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 01:46 PM
that's not the logic.

The middle of their defense is not very good.

And their secondary is terrible.

And so their receivers are suspect.

Why are you only looking at the match-ups you dislike for the Bills and not the ones that are positive?

Oh, one more: Their kick coverage units? Last in the NFL.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
I hate our record because people like you look at it and assume we can beat anyone without thinking about it logically, just like you did with the LT quote.
Youre getting deperate . In case you missed it the very post you quoted me on states that the fins can beat us. Stop putting words in my mouth out of desperation because you have nothing on me. I own you :snicker:

Our record simply makes it look more REALISTIC that we can beat a miami team. Every weeek I always say that I don't take any team lightly. You on the other hand always take this bills lightly. :coocoo:

It's more unrealistic that a team you say sucks can sweep a 5-1 bills. It more unrealistic for a team YOU SAY SUCKS WILL SWEEP A 5-1 Team. Talk about a screwed up logic. Then again you wouldn't know what realistic means.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
The middle of their defense is not very good.

And their secondary is terrible.

And so their receivers are suspect.

Why are you only looking at the match-ups you dislike for the Bills and not the ones that are positive?

Oh, one more: Their kick coverage units? Last in the NFL.

Their receivers are suspect? Half our DB's are injured and that won't in any way counteract the Bills' overpursuit or lack of tackling. That's why I'm not looking at it.

Their kick coverage units? In case you haven't noticed, our return units have been pretty average themselves the last few weeks. That's why I'm not looking at it.

Their secondary is terrible? Doesn't matter if they can drop everyone back and don't have to defend the run. That's why I'm not looking at it.

Get it now?

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Youre getting deperate . In case you missed it the very post you quoted me on states that the fins can beat us.

Our record simply makes it look more REALISTIC that we can beat a miami team. It's more unrealistic that a team you say sucks can sweep a 5-1 bills. Then again you wouldn't know what realistic means.

I don't know what realistic means? You're looking at our record and saying it means it's realistic we can beat the fins, yet you're not even CONSIDERING the **** teams we've beaten, our injuries or how the Fins' O matches up with our D. So, don't go lecturing me with the definition of "realistic" when all you have is short-sighted, homeristic thinking.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know what realistic means? You're looking at our record and saying it means it's realistic we can beat the fins, yet you're not even CONSIDERING the **** teams we've beaten, our injuries or how the Fins' O matches up with our D. So, don't go lecturing me with the definition of "realistic" when all you have is short-sighted, homeristic thinking.

Consdering the teams we've beaten? We just beat a team you predicted we couldn't beat. So what now? The chargers blow which is why we beat them ?

A 2-4 team should sweep a 5-1 team. Thats realistic , in your world.

We have a bet going. I predicted at least wild card. If we make it then am I a homer for being right or are you just clueless ?

Buffalogic
10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Here's the video of him saying that at the chargers post game press conference. You can see that Phillip Rivers still doesn't know where Mitchell came from lol.

Lt comes on after Rivers..about 4:30 or so.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80bc243f

evol4276
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. lol i was just about to post that, he was probably asked the question people need to calm op isnt ripping this time lol

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Consdering the teams we've beaten? We just beat a team you predicted we couldn't beat. So what now? The chargers blow which is why we beat them ?

A 2-4 team should sweep a 5-1 team. Thats realistic , in your world.

We have a bet going. I predicted at least wild card. If we make it then am I a homer for being right or are you just clueless ?

well, to use your logic, how did the Browns beat the Giants or the Rams beat the Cowboys? The Cowboys and Giants had better records, therefore they shouhd have won.

Griff
10-22-2008, 02:14 PM

I'll take realistic homerism to pathetic negative nancyism any day. Tell me do you think the Redskins think that the Rams suck? How about the Cowboys. I bet the Colts don't think the Jaguars suck. I bet the Patriots don't think the Chargers suck. I pity you and your gloomy world.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Their receivers are suspect? Half our DB's are injured and that won't in any way counteract the Bills' overpursuit or lack of tackling. That's why I'm not looking at it.

Their kick coverage units? In case you haven't noticed, our return units have been pretty average themselves the last few weeks. That's why I'm not looking at it.

Their secondary is terrible? Doesn't matter if they can drop everyone back and don't have to defend the run. That's why I'm not looking at it.

Get it now?

So in other words, the Bills are so terrible and bad nothing good can come out of this game?

Who will cover Lee Evans? And the Bills overpursuit was not a problem this week, was it? Ask LT what he thinks of that idea. While the return game has not been what it once was, the Dolphins are last in the NFL. Last. 32nd. I guarentee you if the Bills were last in a category you would promise the opposition would exploit it.

Do you think the Bills have any favorable match-ups with Miami? Did the win last week impress you at all?

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 02:17 PM
I'll take realistic homerism to pathetic negative nancyism any day. Tell me do you think the Redskins think that the Rams suck? How about the Cowboys. I bet the Colts don't think the Jaguars suck. I bet the Patriots don't think the Chargers suck. I pity you and your gloomy world.

there's no such thing as "realistic homerism". Homerism is homerism BECAUSE it's not realistic.

My "negative nancyism" is actually realism because sometimes the reality isn't what you homers want it to be, and you're incapable of realizing that. You shouldn't pity my world. I'd rather be gloomy and realistic than blissful and ignorant any day.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
well, to use your logic, how did the Browns beat the Giants or the Rams beat the Cowboys? The Cowboys and Giants had better records, therefore they shouhd have won. they should have. That would be the more logically safe/realistic thing. But logic doesn't always produce the same results which is why I said the fins could beat us. Every team has a Chance to beat any team. I've said that several times. You on the other hand got owned by talking like we can't beat the chargers. What now?

When talking about the bills vs. fins you are talking about the POSSIBILITIES. Yes, it is possible the fins could beat us or sweep us. But it isn't the logical and realistic thing to say that a 2-4 team can sweep a 5-1 team.

Your match up expertice said that a team wiht a worse record (3-3 chargers) will beat a team with a better record (4-1) team using "what team have we beaten?" . What result did that produce? Aha!

Griff
10-22-2008, 02:21 PM
there's no such thing as "realistic homerism". Homerism is homerism BECAUSE it's not realistic.

My "negative nancyism" is actually realism because sometimes the reality isn't what you homers want it to be, and you're incapable of realizing that. You shouldn't pity my world. I'd rather be gloomy and realistic than blissful and ignorant any day.

you cheer for our opponents don't you.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
they should have. That would be the more logically safe/realistic thing. But logic doesn't always produce the same results which is why I said the fins could beat us. Every team has a Chance to beat any team. I've said that several times. You on the other hand got owned by talking like we can't beat the chargers. What now?

When talking about the bills vs. fins you are talking about the POSSIBILITIES. Yes, it is possible the fins could beat us or sweep us. But it isn't the logical and realistic thing to say that a 2-4 team can sweep a 5-1 team.

Your match up expertice said that a 3-3 chargers will beat a 4-1 team using "what team have we beaten?" . What result did that produce? Aha!

See, what you're saying isn't logical because ALL you're looking at is record. You're not looking at their players vs our players. You're not looking at how we played vs crappy teams in those wins. You're not thinking about external factors, like the heat and the road trip to Florida or the pressure of playing in Toronto. Your so called logic is superficial and does not account for all the available data.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
you cheer for our opponents don't you.

see, the only people who make statements like this are people who have to pretend the team is better than it is to keep rooting for us.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 02:27 PM

don't preach to us about what is realistic and what isn't. If you knew what the REAL definition of what realistic is, you would have at least won one of our bets in the past . You haven't won one and it's looking like you're going to lose every bet we've made prior to the season starting.

The best chance you have is the browns game where you have a 50/50 chance.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 02:28 PM
See, what you're saying isn't logical because ALL you're looking at is record. You're not looking at their players vs our players. You're not looking at how we played vs crappy teams in those wins. You're not thinking about external factors, like the heat and the road trip to Florida or the pressure of playing in Toronto. Your so called logic is superficial and does not account for all the available data.

well using team record beat your player v.s player in the chargers game.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 02:36 PM

No it is the same damn thing. The opposite of the same coin.

The Bills are the best team. The Bills are the worse team. The Bills will lose every week. The Bills will win every week. How are you realistic when you guareteed losses to Seattle, Jacksonville and San Diego? Is that real?

Do you think the Bills have any favorable match-ups this week? Even one? Are they so much worse than the Dolphins that they are not better in even one category?

Knock 5-1 all you want. It is still 5-1. Miami is 2-4 with losses to the Jets and Baltimore.

How bad do you think the Bills are? Do you even think they are a top 30 team?

Fact is the Dolphins, as of today, have holes in their team and have more than Buffalo. Can you admit that? It is not a guarenteed win, for sure. But try and give the Bills some credit.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Op's predictions based on what he percieves to be realistic keeps producing the wrong results and yet he keeps insisting he's the realistic one.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
No it is the same damn thing. The opposite of the same coin.

The Bills are the best team. The Bills are the worse team. The Bills will lose every week. The Bills will win every week. How are you realistic when you guareteed losses to Seattle, Jacksonville and San Diego? Is that real?

Do you think the Bills have any favorable match-ups this week? Even one? Are they so much worse than the Dolphins that they are not better in even one category?

Knock 5-1 all you want. It is still 5-1. Miami is 2-4 with losses to the Jets and Baltimore.

How bad do you think the Bills are? Do you even think they are a top 30 team?

Fact is the Dolphins, as of today, have holes in their team and have more than Buffalo. Can you admit that? It is not a guarenteed win, for sure. But try and give the Bills some credit.

I predicted losses to all three of those teams. I never guaranteed losses because there are no guarantees in sports.

The Bills are barely a top 10 team. I'd have to look at the rest of the league a little more closely, but I may not even put them in the top 10. Off the top of my head, the following teams are better: Tennessee, Dallas, Arizona, NYG, Carolina, Washington, Philadelphia, NE, Pittsburgh. And I'm basing that on which team would probably win head-to-head.

This team wins but they don't win convincingly. That's what makes me nervous about them. They allow teams to hang around, so when they play teams like the Dolphins on the road, I still have no confidence in them. We're still a young team. We have a bunch of injuries now.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Op's predictions based on what he percieves to be realistic keeps producing the wrong results and yet he keeps insisting he's the realistic one.

at least I attempt to back up what I'm saying instead of just saying "we're 5-1 so we'll win" over and over again.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I predicted losses to all three of those teams. I never guaranteed losses because there are no guarantees in sports.

The Bills are barely a top 10 team. I'd have to look at the rest of the league a little more closely, but I may not even put them in the top 10. Off the top of my head, the following teams are better: Tennessee, Dallas, Arizona, NYG, Carolina, Washington, Philadelphia, NE, Pittsburgh. And I'm basing that on which team would probably win head-to-head.

This team wins but they don't win convincingly. That's what makes me nervous about them. They allow teams to hang around, so when they play teams like the Dolphins on the road, I still have no confidence in them. We're still a young team. We have a bunch of injuries now.I don't think you are any longer a head to head expert since you've been wrong more often than you've been right.

FYI, the fins are younger and have lesser experience in their system than we do with ours.Thats not saying they can't beat us but your logic blows.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 02:50 PM

This team wins but they don't win convincingly. That's what makes me nervous about them. They allow teams to hang around, so when they play teams like the Dolphins on the road, I still have no confidence in them. We're still a young team. We have a bunch of injuries now.

Dallas? Are you serious? Have you seen them the last couple of weeks? Blown out by the Rams? NE has played exactly one good game, has a crap QB and has a defense that averages 90 years old. Philadelphia is not playing too well either. Carolina is wildly inconsistent. Tenn? Yes. NYG? Yes. Arizona? Already happened. Washington? Meh. Toss-up. Same with Pittsburgh, especially with their injuries.

BTW, blow outs do not happen every week any more. Teams are too close. They are still young, but beat they Chargers this week. Is that worth anything? While they have played close in a number of games, they still find a way to win. And they blew out the Rams and Seattle.

And, just to repeat: Dallas? No way. Wrong.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 02:51 PM

You said they had no chance to beat San Diego, beating Seattle was a virtual impossibility and gave them no hope in Jacksonville.

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 02:53 PM
at least I attempt to back up what I'm saying instead of just saying "we're 5-1 so we'll win" over and over again.
I only used the record because you've used it. If you think I use the record then maybe you should switch since I've been right more than you have :roflmao:

Your FTP logic blows. So what now 2-4 is better than 5-1.

I base it unit vs. unit in matching them up.

Our O can handle their D and our D can handle their O. Our St is better than theirs.

trapezeus
5-1 is awesome. i think if we played SD 2 more times, we'd lose at least once. it was a close game until the turnovers. we didn't get stops on defense. We got the ball which is great for that game, but to constantly rely on turnovers instead of good sound defense that gets you off the field in 3-5 plays, you're playing with fire.

the bills defense is banged up, and they didn't call a great game. we can all agree on that. if we were charger fans we'd be screaming why leodis who gave up an ugly slant touchdown wasn't thrown at more often.

The bills have work ahead of them. As they recover from injuries, we'll be in better shape, but i think alot of us, Nancys or Homers, want that running game to get going. it's going to start getting cold and throwing 30+ passes a game may not be realistic.

If we could play our divisional games with decisive wins, i think we'd all be little more homer than Nancy.

That all being said, enjoy 5-1 and get ready to enjoy being 6-1.

OpIv37
Dallas? Are you serious? Have you seen them the last couple of weeks? Blown out by the Rams? NE has played exactly one good game, has a crap QB and has a defense that averages 90 years old. Philadelphia is not playing too well either. Carolina is wildly inconsistent. Tenn? Yes. NYG? Yes. Arizona? Already happened. Washington? Meh. Toss-up. Same with Pittsburgh, especially with their injuries.

BTW, blow outs do not happen every week any more. Teams are too close. They are still young, but beat they Chargers this week. Is that worth anything? While they have played close in a number of games, they still find a way to win. And they blew out the Rams and Seattle.

And, just to repeat: Dallas? No way. Wrong.

You guys are selling Dallas short. They have injuries and they weren't quite clicking early in the season, but when they get it together they'll be scary good. And that will probably happen when they get healthy.

Forget about every week, how about more than one convincing victory in 7 games? Especially since two of those games were against god-awful teams in St. Louis and Oakland? We didn't blow out the Rams. We played 2 good quarters, and the Rams are so bad that it looked like a blowout on paper when in reality we allowed the rams to hang around for roughly 2 1/2 quarters.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 02:57 PM
You guys are selling Dallas short. They have injuries and they weren't quite clicking early in the season, but when they get it together they'll be scary good. And that will probably happen when they get healthy.

Forget about every week, how about more than one convincing victory in 7 games? Especially since two of those games were against god-awful teams in St. Louis and Oakland? We didn't blow out the Rams. We played 2 good quarters, and the Rams are so bad that it looked like a blowout on paper when in reality we allowed the rams to hang around for roughly 2 1/2 quarters.

Dallas has lost two in a row. How is that not clicking early in the season? They are falling apart right now.

And why is a "close" win against the Rams worse than a blow-out loss to the Rams like the one Dallas just suffered last week. The lack of logic in that thinking is ridiculous!

BTW, injuries are no excuse for losing. Remember?

justasportsfan
10-22-2008, 02:57 PM
You guys are selling Dallas short. They have injuries and they weren't quite clicking early in the season, but when they get it together they'll be scary good. And that will probably happen when they get healthy. .we have injuries too but once we get healthy, we'll still blow in your world.

Forget about every week, how about more than one convincing victory in 7 games? Especially since two of those games were against god-awful teams in St. Louis and Oakland? We didn't blow out the Rams. We played 2 good quarters, and the Rams are so bad that it looked like a blowout on paper when in reality we allowed the rams to hang around for roughly 2 1/2 quarters. the god-awful rams not only beat the cowpokes ... a team that you are talking up , but they *****slapped the cowboys:rolleyes:

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Dallas has lost two in a row. How is that not clicking early in the season? They are falling apart right now.

And why is a "close" win against the Rams worse than a blow-out loss to the Rams like the one Dallas just suffered last week. The lack of logic in that thinking is ridiculous!

BTW, injuries are no excuse for losing. Remember?

Look who Dallas beat and how they beat them. Look who we beat.

BTW, when the Bills got blown out by the Cards, it was "good teams have bad games." Yet, now that same logic doesn't apply to Dallas? Why not?

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I am agreeing with Justa. :ill:

trapezeus
10-22-2008, 03:02 PM
op, i tend to agree with your "negativity" because i understand where it comes from. The bills have sucked for the majority of our lifetimes with a brief repreive from 88-96. So it's kind of a defense mechanism to short change our team because there is such a history of our team screwing us.

That being said, on this LT issue, LT has shown from interviews about the Pats, that he'll say what he's thinking and not follow the PR notebook. If he thinks a team is classless and dirty, he says it. If he thinks his team is the better team and he doesn't know how they lost, he'll say it. He's done it before. Therefore, i'd be more likely to take the complement at face value and move on.

it's the dick jaurons of the football world where you don't know what they mean because they always say the PC thing.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
op, i tend to agree with your "negativity" because i understand where it comes from. The bills have sucked for the majority of our lifetimes with a brief repreive from 88-96. So it's kind of a defense mechanism to short change our team because there is such a history of our team screwing us.

That being said, on this LT issue, LT has shown from interviews about the Pats, that he'll say what he's thinking and not follow the PR notebook. If he thinks a team is classless and dirty, he says it. If he thinks his team is the better team and he doesn't know how they lost, he'll say it. He's done it before. Therefore, i'd be more likely to take the complement at face value and move on.

it's the dick jaurons of the football world where you don't know what they mean because they always say the PC thing.

the thing is that in this case, it wasn't an option of whether or not a team is classless or dirty.

Option A is the Bills are for real and LT's team got beat by a team in the playoff chase.
Option B is that the Bills aren't for real and LT's team just got beat by a bunch of overachievers due for a crash.

He's not going to admit to option B even if he thinks it's true.

I'm not psychic. I don't know if he actually meant what he said or if he was just talking the Bills up because then it's less embarrassing to have lost to them. But the possibility that he was covering for himself and his team is very real.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Look who Dallas beat and how they beat them. Look who we beat.

BTW, when the Bills got blown out by the Cards, it was "good teams have bad games." Yet, now that same logic doesn't apply to Dallas? Why not?

Because they are now fighting amongst themselves and are losing to bad teams as opposed to good ones.

BTW, Dallas has beat Cleveland, Philadelphia, Green Bay and Cincinatti (who they struggled against)

Is that more impressive than Seattle, Jacksonville, Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego?

Not really. The Browns are horrible. The Bengals are no better than the 31st best team (And the Cowboys had more problems against them than the Bills did against the Rams). Philadelphia was a good win (in Dallas). Green Bay is average.

They have lost to the Rams, Washington and Arizona.

I don't see how they are better.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Because they are now fighting amongst themselves and are losing to bad teams as opposed to good ones.

BTW, Dallas has beat Cleveland, Philadelphia, Green Bay and Cincinatti (who they struggled against)

Is that more impressive than Seattle, Jacksonville, Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego?

Not really. The Browns are horrible. The Bengals are no better than the 31st best team (And the Cowboys had more problems against them than the Bills did against the Rams). Philadelphia was a good win (in Dallas). Green Bay is average.

They have lost to the Rams, Washington and Arizona.

I don't see how they are better.

They would beat us head to head. That's how they're better.

Buffatexas
10-22-2008, 03:17 PM

Please define your version of "convincing victory"

Against SD, everything was solid across the board. Mind you, I said solid, not overpowering. And we earned that victory as a team. That was a convincing victory. Seattle was convincing too. Remember, other teams last year took advantage of our injury bug and did what they came to do and that was win.

Against Oakland, we got lucky. However, they came in with a good D, and a potentially dangerous offense and the motivation to help their coach keep his job.
Not a convincing victory, but a victory none the less. I would not call Oakland God-Awful. That title solely belongs to Detroit.

As far as Dallas is concerned, almost every team has had an injury in one way shape or form that has been influential in their games. On paper, Dallas is definately a team to contend with but they got absolutely throttled by St. Louis (albeit without Romo) and beat by Washington in Dallas. I dont see their struggles as something that will just resolve itself prior to the seasons end. I believe they have chemistry issues that will take much longer than the 10 weeks we have left to fix.

HAMMER
10-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I don't know why you guys bother with this guy anymore, he is obviously off his rocker and just looking to argue. He is completely unrealistic. He will find a way to be negative no matter what happens. When you can't give your team credit for being 5-1 you are just being an argumentative jerk. It's beyond reason and he obviously has some issues that might be worked through with a couple years of therapy. What a miserable way to go through life. Total loser mentality.

HAMMER
10-22-2008, 03:19 PM

WTF? You know this how?

tat2dmike77
10-22-2008, 03:20 PM
First off this thread is a classic.

Second Op just because you DVR the game and watch it over and over again does not make you an expert. If you are such an expert at breaking down defenses and offenses then why are not coaching or atleast scouting for a team in the NFL. Big deal you DVR games and nit pick every game.

You have had nothing but bad things to say about Buffalo. You expect blowouts from this team. Which really makes me think you are playing to much Madden games. Blowouts don't happen that often. So if we went by your logic of not blowing out opponets then every team sucks. The giants suck cause they lost, so do the cowboys who you think are a better team then the bills. Which i find hilarious.

I seriously think you just enjoy arguing with people knowing you are pissing them off. I also think that you have some serious anger issues and that you are only happy when you have something to ***** about. All year last year and during the offseason you said this team needs to make the playoffs. Now that may happen and here you are finding every little thing you think is wrong with the team. So which is it OP do you hate this team because they are making you look like a fool or are you only happy when you have something to ***** about?

trapezeus
10-22-2008, 03:23 PM
i dont think the cowboys beat us this week in a head to head. the romo injury is big. they are a pressure cooker. They lose to the bucs, a real possibility, this season is on a crash course for becoming the 2007 Lions.

While the bills struggle to run early, they do get some yards. there are positives in their negatives and they are getting wins.

i personally think the bills could be dallas in dallas right now.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 03:29 PM

Based on what?

You always want facts to support the claims. You made contention of a number of alleged facts. Those were disputed.

Why does Dallas beat Buffalo right now?

Typ0
10-22-2008, 03:30 PM

Op I see a lot of your points but this is just opinion and a silly one at that. Dallas is a mess. I'm going to take credit for identifying them as pretenders some time ago. They have WAY too many ego's and a coach who has no clue how to manage an ego. They are done and will be lucky to win against anyone.

Typ0
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
for the rest of us...just because LT say's we're a legitimate contender does not make it so. That is just LT's opinion...so anyone saying it's a fact because LT says so is wrong. What criteria makes you a contender? Simple, you play in the league and haven't been eliminated from the superbowl race yet.

HAMMER
10-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Jeez Louise, a future HOF RB gives us a little credit and it gets analyzed like a stock. WTF people? Just enjoy the praise being lavished on the Bills and take it with a grain of salt, one game at a time. Buffalo sports are fun right now, stop the BS and enjoy it!

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 06:05 PM
First off this thread is a classic.

Second Op just because you DVR the game and watch it over and over again does not make you an expert. If you are such an expert at breaking down defenses and offenses then why are not coaching or atleast scouting for a team in the NFL. Big deal you DVR games and nit pick every game.

You have had nothing but bad things to say about Buffalo. You expect blowouts from this team. Which really makes me think you are playing to much Madden games. Blowouts don't happen that often. So if we went by your logic of not blowing out opponets then every team sucks. The giants suck cause they lost, so do the cowboys who you think are a better team then the bills. Which i find hilarious.

I seriously think you just enjoy arguing with people knowing you are pissing them off. I also think that you have some serious anger issues and that you are only happy when you have something to ***** about. All year last year and during the offseason you said this team needs to make the playoffs. Now that may happen and here you are finding every little thing you think is wrong with the team. So which is it OP do you hate this team because they are making you look like a fool or are you only happy when you have something to ***** about?

I hardly ever play Madden and when I do, I usually lose.

I'm not talking about a blowout. I'm talking about a convincing victory. If Mitchell misses that interception, we lose. We were literally one play away from losing to SD. That's not at all convincing.

And I'm not "finding" things wrong with the team- I'm pointing out the obvious to people who don't want to see it. Has this team made the playoffs yet? No, and I don't think they will for a variety of reasons I already stated.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Op I see a lot of your points but this is just opinion and a silly one at that. Dallas is a mess. I'm going to take credit for identifying them as pretenders some time ago. They have WAY too many ego's and a coach who has no clue how to manage an ego. They are done and will be lucky to win against anyone.

TODAY, We could probably beat Dallas.

When Romo and Felix Jones are healthy, I don't think we could.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Based on what?

You always want facts to support the claims. You made contention of a number of alleged facts. Those were disputed.

Why does Dallas beat Buffalo right now?

Today, they probably wouldn't cuz of all the injuries. When Romo and Felix Jones are healthy, they probably would beat us.

Reasons: Solid OL that would keep the pressure off Romo and largely negate our front 7. Tall, fast receivers that would make big plays.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I hardly ever play Madden and when I do, I usually lose.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I'm not talking about a blowout. I'm talking about a convincing victory. If Mitchell misses that interception, we lose. We were literally one play away from losing to SD. That's not at all convincing. <o:p></o:p>
And I'm not "finding" things wrong with the team- I'm pointing out the obvious to people who don't want to see it. Has this team made the playoffs yet? No, and I don't think they will for a variety of reasons I already stated.<o:p></o:p>
But he did not miss the interception. He made it. <o:p></o:p>
The Bills made the play they needed to at the time they needed to win the game. That is what good teams do at crunch time. You can be the micro-analyzer all day long. But you do not analyze other teams like you do the Bills. You nit pick them to death. All while acting like the other teams holes are insignificant. <o:p></o:p>
If Michael Gaines had made a block last year against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> the Bills beat the Cowboys. He did not. If the Bills make any number of plays against <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> they win the game. They did not. So the “if this happened” scenario is kinda worthless. <o:p></o:p>
Why can't you admit they are likely to make the playoffs? <o:p></o:p>
Split against the East. Beat two out the following three: San Fran, KC and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City>. Ten wins will be good enough to make it this year in the AFC. <o:p></o:p>
Fact is, other teams are down. Indy is down. NE is down. <st1:City w:st="on">Jacksonville</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Diego</st1:place></st1:City> are so horrible they lost to the lowly, horrible rancid Bills. <o:p></o:p>
All NFL teams have weaknesses and holes. Not just the Bills. No doubt they have them. But are they bigger than the holes NE has on defense? Or <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> in the defensive backfield? <o:p></o:p>
There is a reason why the Bills are so damn good in the 4th quarter. The ability to play well late in a game and make the big play at crunch time is a sign of a good team. While I understand your apprehension because of past seasons, this team is clearly different. You might not see how Edwards is very good and that he leads the team. He is 10-5 as a starter in the first 15 games of his career. Maybe you miss that other teams you rate highly like the Giants also have flubbed this year (against the Browns).<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p>
There are no dominant teams. Right now, the teams that play well together and improve as the game goes on are the ones that succeed. And that describes this Bills team. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

FlyingDutchman
10-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Dude OP we're 5-1. your negativity sharade is getting really old. If the Packers dont intercept Manning twice in the red zone and bring it the other way for TDs, then maybe the Packers dont win. This game is about inches and breaks.

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 07:25 PM
But he did not miss the interception. He made it. <o:p></o:p>
The Bills made the play they needed to at the time they needed to win the game. That is what good teams do at crunch time. You can be the micro-analyzer all day long. But you do not analyze other teams like you do the Bills. You nit pick them to death. All while acting like the other teams holes are insignificant. <o:p></o:p>
If Michael Gaines had made a block last year against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> the Bills beat the Cowboys. He did not. If the Bills make any number of plays against <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> they win the game. They did not. So the “if this happened” scenario is kinda worthless. <o:p></o:p>
Why can't you admit they are likely to make the playoffs? <o:p></o:p>
Split against the East. Beat two out the following three: San Fran, KC and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City>. Ten wins will be good enough to make it this year in the AFC. <o:p></o:p>
Fact is, other teams are down. Indy is down. NE is down. <st1:City w:st="on">Jacksonville</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Diego</st1:place></st1:City> are so horrible they lost to the lowly, horrible rancid Bills. <o:p></o:p>
All NFL teams have weaknesses and holes. Not just the Bills. No doubt they have them. But are they bigger than the holes NE has on defense? Or <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> in the defensive backfield? <o:p></o:p>
There is a reason why the Bills are so damn good in the 4th quarter. The ability to play well late in a game and make the big play at crunch time is a sign of a good team. While I understand your apprehension because of past seasons, this team is clearly different. You might not see how Edwards is very good and that he leads the team. He is 10-5 as a starter in the first 15 games of his career. Maybe you miss that other teams you rate highly like the Giants also have flubbed this year (against the Browns).<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p>
There are no dominant teams. Right now, the teams that play well together and improve as the game goes on are the ones that succeed. And that describes this Bills team. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

The "if this happened" scenarios are relevant because he accused me of wanting blowouts because I said "win convincingly." What I mean by "win convincingly" is NOT needing a 4th quarter turnover to win the game, because sometimes (often), we're NOT going to get that turnover. If it's that close, we'll lose as many as we win and that's not good enough. You think Dallas or Denver fans felt good after those wins last year? I'm sure they did in the moment, but once they had a day or two to think about it, they must have been concerned.

FlyingDutchman
10-22-2008, 07:27 PM
The "if this happened" scenarios are relevant because he accused me of wanting blowouts because I said "win convincingly." What I mean by "win convincingly" is NOT needing a 4th quarter turnover to win the game, because sometimes (often), we're NOT going to get that turnover. If it's that close, we'll lose as many as we win and that's not good enough. You think Dallas or Denver fans felt good after those wins last year? I'm sure they did in the moment, but once they had a day or two to think about it, they must have been concerned.

Something tells me youve never played football in your life

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Something tells me youve never played football in your life

That's true.

I've said that on here numerous times.

But it doesn't make what I said any less true. We can't keep relying on 4th quarter comebacks or last minute turnovers. I was at the Chargers game and my seats were section 123, row 22. That means the Mitchell interception was right in front of me. That pass was on target for a San Diego touchdown. The SD receiver was WIDE OPEN between me and him when he caught the ball. If Mitchell was out of position or a step late, SD scores and we most likely lose the game. It was that friggin close.

FlyingDutchman
10-22-2008, 07:31 PM
You think the Giants were mad that they won the Super Bowl on a missed FG....

OpIv37
10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
You think the Giants were mad that they won the Super Bowl on a missed FG..

SB is different.

There is no next game.

If the Giants had to play, say, SF the next week, they damn well should have been concerned by how they played against the Bills.

FlyingDutchman
10-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Dude you get the point. Thats why I made the point that you obviously have never played. Its a game of breaks, and inches. We acquired Mitchell in the offseason, and he made a play when we needed it. This is all part of the game. Would you be upset being a Charger fan had Rivers completed that pass and you only beat Buffalo by a point in the last second...NO... youd be happy with the win.

FlyingDutchman
10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Stop trying so hard to find things wrong and enjoy a time when we're actually doing more right

Griff
10-22-2008, 09:10 PM
see, the only people who make statements like this are people who have to pretend the team is better than it is to keep rooting for us.

I don't have to pretend anything, the Bills are 5-1 playing NFL, not college teams. Since any team can beat any team as proven many times this year already, the measure of how good a team is, is simply its record, not the record of its opponents.

billsburgh
10-22-2008, 09:26 PM
but you've been wrong more often than not so far this year.

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2008, 09:32 PM
How many teams in the NFL could "win convincingly" over SD?

And do these wins count double or something?

yordad
10-22-2008, 09:35 PM

My "negative nancyism" is actually realism because sometimes the reality isn't what you homers want it to be, and you're incapable of realizing that. You shouldn't pity my world. I'd rather be gloomy and realistic than blissful and ignorant any day.I would rather be blissful then gloomy anyday.

Buffalogic
10-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Man I hate all this winning...How can we make things worse so we can ***** more? Oh wait, things don't have to be going badly at all for people to have temper tantrums and fits over nothing. Sorry, excuse me for forgetting that cardinal rule.

Griff
10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
That's true.

I've said that on here numerous times.

But it doesn't make what I said any less true. We can't keep relying on 4th quarter comebacks or last minute turnovers. I was at the Chargers game and my seats were section 123, row 22. That means the Mitchell interception was right in front of me. That pass was on target for a San Diego touchdown. The SD receiver was WIDE OPEN between me and him when he caught the ball. If Mitchell was out of position or a step late, SD scores and we most likely lose the game. It was that friggin close.

Except there was like what 6 minutes left in the game? Yeah you fail, oh and btw that didn't happen, so it doesn't matter.

Oaf
10-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Are you serious Op?

You could never get a guy like Brady or Owens to acknowledge another team after losing to them. "We shot ourselves in the foot", "We beat ourselves today", "We play better than that", etc.

LT saying something like that takes class, it's definitely not a given just because they lost. :rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 05:59 AM
That pass was on target for a San Diego touchdown. The SD receiver was WIDE OPEN between me and him when he caught the ball. If Mitchell was out of position or a step late, SD scores and we most likely lose the game. It was that friggin close.

BTW, did you see the replay last night? It confirmed what I first thought when I read this.

Gates was 100% covered by Scott. Highly unlikely he catches the ball. He was not even close to wide open.

So no, the ball is not caught (most likely). And even if it was, there was 6 minutes left in the game.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:00 AM
I would rather be blissful then gloomy anyday.

and that's exactly the problem with you homers. Sometimes real life is gloomy, but you'd rather be blissful, so you refuse to acknowledge the truth.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:02 AM
BTW, did you see the replay last night? It confirmed what I first thought when I read this.

Gates was 100% covered by Scott. Highly unlikely he catches the ball. He was not even close to wide open.

So no, the ball is not caught (most likely). And even if it was, there was 6 minutes left in the game.

I haven't had a chance to watch the replay but I saw it with my OWN EYES in the stadium. He had a step and the ball was on target. That was 6 if Mitchell doesn't make the play.

mayotm
10-23-2008, 08:03 AM
and that's exactly the problem with you homers. Sometimes real life is gloomy, but you'd rather be blissful, so you refuse to acknowledge the truth.Nothing gloomy about 5 -1. Yet, you want to still be miserable. It must really suck being you.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Except there was like what 6 minutes left in the game? Yeah you fail, oh and btw that didn't happen, so it doesn't matter.

It didn't happen THIS time. But if we keep the that close and can't put teams away, they're not all going to end like this one did. Why is that so hard for you people to see?

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Nothing gloomy about 5 -1. Yet, you want to still be miserable. It must really suck being you.

I want to be miserable?

No, this isn't about what I want.

This is about what happened on the field. We let the Rams- one of the worst teams in the league- hang around for 2 1/2 quarters. It took a last minute drive to beat a one-dimensional Oakland team. We played 3 decent teams- we barely beat two of them (and one of those two is a terrible road team on a 3000 mile road trip) and got crushed by one of them. Our OL can't run block. Our D can't cover slants. Our ST has been average.

You guys want to see 5-1 and stop at that. You don't want to think "can we beat NE or Denver or even the Jets or Dolphins playing the way we've been playing?" But the reality is that playing like this will eventually catch up to this team.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I haven't had a chance to watch the replay but I saw it with my OWN EYES in the stadium. He had a step and the ball was on target. That was 6 if Mitchell doesn't make the play.

Watch the damn replay. I have been to enough games to know that what you think you saw the first time is not what is the actual truth. He was covered.

mayotm
10-23-2008, 08:26 AM
I want to be miserable?

This is about what happened on the field. We let the Rams- one of the worst teams in the league- hang around for 2 1/2 quarters. It took a last minute drive to beat a one-dimensional Oakland team. We played 3 decent teams- we barely beat two of them (and one of those two is a terrible road team on a 3000 mile road trip) and got crushed by one of them. Our OL can't run block. Our D can't cover slants. Our ST has been average.

You guys want to see 5-1 and stop at that. You don't want to think "can we beat NE or Denver or even the Jets or Dolphins playing the way we've been playing?" But the reality is that playing like this will eventually catch up to this team.You're right. I do see 5 - 1. That's what matters. Last time I checked, a win is a win. We can beat anybody in the league. Just like we could lose to anybody in the league. However, the fact is that we are 5 - 1. Period.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 08:27 AM
I want to be miserable?

You guys want to see 5-1 and stop at that. You don't want to think "can we beat NE or Denver or even the Jets or Dolphins playing the way we've been playing?" But the reality is that playing like this will eventually catch up to this team.

What NFL team is dominating teams every game? This does not happen. Fact is the defense had one bad game. That does not mean they can't stop slants at all.

And you do want to be miserable, whether or not you realize it. You make more excuses for the Bills winning than the homers do for them losing.

Nobody is saying they are perfect. They are not. What people are saying is that they are playing well enough to win. Fact is, San Diego is a better team than NE, Denver, Miami or the Jets. And the Bills won the damn game. How you have gone from your post game feelings that the team is good back to them being terrible, I really don't know.

The fact remains the Bills beat those teams. Except for Tennessee every team has had burps. Do you discount the Gaints for losing to Cleveland? Is their season invalidated now?

Sit back and enjoy what the Bills have done so far. Be concerned that they, like every NFL team, has weaknesses to fix. Enjoy the 5-1 record. Enjoy the 10-6 record in the last ten games. Enjoy Trent's 10-5 record as a starter.

At this very moment, the positives far outweigh the negatives, even though the negatives exist.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:31 AM
You're right. I do see 5 - 1. That's what matters. Last time I checked, a win is a win. We can beat anybody in the league. Just like we could lose to anybody in the league. However, the fact is that we are 5 - 1. Period.

We CAN'T beat anyone in the league playing the way we've been playing. That's what your fact doesn't show.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:34 AM
What NFL team is dominating teams every game? This does not happen. Fact is the defense had one bad game. That does not mean they can't stop slants at all.

And you do want to be miserable, whether or not you realize it. You make more excuses for the Bills winning than the homers do for them losing.

Nobody is saying they are perfect. They are not. What people are saying is that they are playing well enough to win. Fact is, San Diego is a better team than NE, Denver, Miami or the Jets. And the Bills won the damn game. How you have gone from your post game feelings that the team is good back to them being terrible, I really don't know.

The fact remains the Bills beat those teams. Except for Tennessee every team has had burps. Do you discount the Gaints for losing to Cleveland? Is their season invalidated now?

Sit back and enjoy what the Bills have done so far. Be concerned that they, like every NFL team, has weaknesses to fix. Enjoy the 5-1 record. Enjoy the 10-6 record in the last ten games. Enjoy Trent's 10-5 record as a starter.

At this very moment, the positives far outweigh the negatives, even though the negatives exist.

Every game? Forget about every game- let's start with MORE THAN ONE. The only solid game this team put together was the very first game of the season against Seattle.

You and justa always do that- when I say the team needs to do something more consistently, you jump to me expecting it EVERY time, which simply isn't true.

The positives outweigh the negatives in terms of results SO FAR, but the negatives are strong enough that this trend won't continue.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 08:35 AM
We CAN'T beat anyone in the league playing the way we've been playing. That's what your fact doesn't show.

The Bills have not been playing as bad you claim they have been.

Limit LT to 41 yards? Force 3 TOs from Rivers? 80%+ completion % for Edwards? 35 minutes TOP?

That is not playing bad. They had one really bad game. So did the Giants. The NFL is not longer about a team winning every game by 20+ (except the Pats last year). It is about finding a way to win.

Your expectations for this team are way too high.

At the start of the season, what did you epect their record to be after 6 games? 1-5? 2-4? 0-6? Do you get ANY happiness out of 5-1?

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Every game? Forget about every game- let's start with MORE THAN ONE. The only solid game this team put together was the very first game of the season against Seattle.

You and justa always do that- when I say the team needs to do something more consistently, you jump to me expecting it EVERY time, which simply isn't true.

The positives outweigh the negatives in terms of results SO FAR, but the negatives are strong enough that this trend won't continue.

So the San Diego game was not a solid game? Jacksonville?

Every team has negatives in this league. There is too much parity. It is very rare to see a team dominate across the board any more. Sometimes the other team deserves credit for making plays.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 08:39 AM
You think the Bills did not play well vs the Chargers? What game were you watching??? You are getting ridiculous

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:41 AM
The Bills have not been playing as bad you claim they have been.

Limit LT to 41 yards? Force 3 TOs from Rivers? 80%+ completion % for Edwards? 35 minutes TOP?

That is not playing bad. They had one really bad game. So did the Giants. The NFL is not longer about a team winning every game by 20+ (except the Pats last year). It is about finding a way to win.

Your expectations for this team are way too high.

At the start of the season, what did you epect their record to be after 6 games? 1-5? 2-4? 0-6? Do you get ANY happiness out of 5-1?

7-11 third down conversions.

We forced 2 turnovers- Rivers just screwed up on the other one. We had at least 3 bad games- Oakland, St. Louis and Arizona. You keep saying we had 1 bad game, but that's not true. we had 1 loss and 2 other bad games where our competition was bad enough that we escaped with a win. It's not finding a way to win- it's getting away with a win and we're not going to continue to get away with it.

CUHATIN
10-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Did Trent not play well against the chargers???

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 08:45 AM

We forced 2 turnovers- Rivers just screwed up on the other one. We had at least 3 bad games- Oakland, St. Louis and Arizona. You keep saying we had 1 bad game, but that's not true. we had 1 loss and 2 other bad games where our competition was bad enough that we escaped with a win. It's not finding a way to win- it's getting away with a win and we're not going to continue to get away with it.
You can find problems with almost any win any team in the league ever gets if you look hard enough.

CUHATIN
10-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah Thurm ill take 10 more sloopy wins!!!!

OpIv37
You can find problems with almost any win any team in the league ever gets if you look hard enough.

Well, I don't have time to look for other teams' problems. All I know is that this team has problems yet somehow gets wins anyway. It's not going to continue.

OpIv37
Yeah Thurm ill take 10 more sloopy wins!!!!

that's the problem- you won't get 10 sloppy wins. No one ever does. Sooner or later a team has to play well to win.

CUHATIN
10-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Do you ignore everything good when you watch a game though opi??

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 08:49 AM
that's the problem- you won't get 10 sloppy wins. No one ever does. Sooner or later a team has to play well to win.
To say the Bills haven't played well is plain DUMB.... OP you are not a Dummy are you?

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 08:53 AM

i agree. those two points are big issues the bills have to address. however, i think as the bills keep winning, i think they are getting a swagger and they are going to make those stats look a lot better after these three weeks.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:54 AM
To say the Bills haven't played well is plain DUMB.... OP you are not a Dummy are you?

non sequiter.

Honestly, I need to re-watch the Chargers game to get a good impression of how we played.

But, we did NOT play well against Arizona. We did NOT play well against St. Louis. We did NOT play well against Oakland.

I don't think we played particularly well against Jacksonville, but I won't count that because it was a road game in oppressive heat and we got a win. So I'll call that a wash.

Best case scenario: We played well against Seattle and maybe (probably) SD. Jax is neutral. We played poorly against ST. Louis, Arizona and Oakland.

That's 3 poor games to 2 games where we played well.

mayotm
10-23-2008, 08:55 AM
We CAN'T beat anyone in the league playing the way we've been playing. That's what your fact doesn't show.You're doing it again. You're confusing facts with opinions. Fact, we've beaten five teams "playing the way we are playing." Including Jacksonville on the road and San Diego. Fact, you stated the Bills would lose both those games. My opinion, and really, the opinion of about 99% of fans, media, etc is that the Bills played pretty well against San Diego. You on the other hand see something completely different. Basically, you seem to be miserable about everything and want everybody else to join in your misery. Sorry, I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 08:58 AM
You're doing it again. You're confusing facts with opinions. Fact, we've beaten five teams "playing the way we are playing." Including Jacksonville on the road and San Diego. Fact, you stated the Bills would lose both those games. My opinion, and really, the opinion of about 99% of fans, media, etc is that the Bills played pretty well against San Diego. You on the other hand see something completely different. Basically, you seem to be miserable about everything and want everybody else to join in your misery. Sorry, I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.

Say we did play well against SD.

St. Louis? Oakland? Arizona?

Those games still happened. And if we had played like we played against those teams vs SD, the results would be the same as the results against Arizona.

So, go ahead and enjoy it while it lasts, because it's not going to last.

CUHATIN
10-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Only game that matters right now is the Dolphins game!!!

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 09:11 AM

OP is becoming FTP. They find ways to bash the bills even after a win . To them, it's not about the wins , it's about the stats. :rofl:

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 09:15 AM
OP is becoming FTP. They find ways to bash the bills even after a win . To them, it's not about the wins , it's about the stats. :rofl:

I never said anything about stats.

I'm looking at how we played and who our opponents are. We're not going to beat the upcoming teams playing the way we've been playing.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I never said anything about stats...

7-11 third down conversions..

I'm looking at how we played and who our opponents are. We're not going to beat the upcoming teams playing the way we've been playing.and yet the way the fins

you stated pretty much that we couldn't beat the chargers. That means you thought they were better than a 4-1 team. Now that we beat them ,you're saying we just beat a crappy team? :crazy:

have been plying, they will sweep us? LOL. It could happen but your basis blows.

Like I said, you'll find anything to bash a win.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I use one stat and all of a sudden it means it's all about stats to me? Don't be ridiculous.

MikeNC
10-23-2008, 09:19 AM
the thing is that in this case, it wasn't an option of whether or not a team is classless or dirty.

Option A is the Bills are for real and LT's team got beat by a team in the playoff chase.
Option B is that the Bills aren't for real and LT's team just got beat by a bunch of overachievers due for a crash.

He's not going to admit to option B even if he thinks it's true.

I'm not psychic. I don't know if he actually meant what he said or if he was just talking the Bills up because then it's less embarrassing to have lost to them. But the possibility that he was covering for himself and his team is very real.

Well if option B were really an option, why didn't LT say that they beat themselves? SAN just got beat, I am sure LT was probably pi$$ed, when your pi$$ed you usually speak the truth....

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 09:23 AM
I use one stat and all of a sudden it means it's all about stats to me? Don't be ridiculous.
but you did mention stats, so I wasn't lying. ;) Besides, where did I state that's all there is to you. I already mentioned you ability to pretend to be the match up expert when it comes player to player where you have yet to get it right

I mention wins and losses and all of a sudden you acuse me that that's all it was about to me? You're being just as ridiculous.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 09:45 AM
So because the Bills were not perfect against SD you are now finding the one bad area and using that to bash them?

You can find something in almost every game played by every team that was not great. And you say you do not look at other teams but yet you also somehow know that the Bills are finishing with a 5-11 record (intentional hyperbole!) . How can you say that there mistakes and weaknesses will prevent them from winning without knowing other team's weaknesses?

Typ0
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM
it's all about wins and losses to me right now. it's about not losing a playoff game and winning the superbowl. This could be the year folks. Embrace it.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
it's all about wins and losses to me right now. it's about not losing a playoff game and winning the superbowl. This could be the year folks. Embrace it.I've been humping

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 09:54 AM
BTW, in the Oakland game some credit should be given to Oakland. They are not as bad as you think. They just beat the Jets. They have played it close with the Chargers.

The Rams have won two games in a row and pulled out all of the stops in the first half against the Bills before being blown out in the 2nd.

Jacksonville was a road game in 90 degree heat against a very good team that the Bills came back and won. It was far from neutral.

This team is not winning it all this year. It is a team that is very much improved and is still young. It is a team that is very possibly playoff bound. It is a team that is exceeding everybody's expectations. (You still have not answered - at the start of the season what did you think their record would be? 1-5? 2-4? 0-6?).

Can't we, as fans, enjoy that while realizing there are more improvements to be made? Why is that unreasonable? Why is there a need to focus, 100%, on the "negative" while dismissing any and all good signs?

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Can't we, as fans, enjoy that while realizing there are more improvements to be made? Why is that unreasonable? Why is there a need to focus, 100%, on the "negative" while dismissing any and all good signs?
I'm enjoying and most of us are. There's only a minority that isn't. Wys ,Op and FTP.

Typ0
10-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Frankly, your attitude stinks about winning it all. Those opportunities present themselves not as often as we would like and when they are there you embrace them. Any team that wins a championship does two things: they position themselves well to win and they get some luck. We are getting ourselves into a good position and if we get some luck you never know. You have to take advantage of that. TE could end up being a top ten all time league QB and this could end up being his only trip to the Super Bowl. I know we are young but counting us out and then coming back later and claiming you knew something is BS. Only one team wins it a year the other 31 are left out in the cold so it's too easy to say we won't make it.

BTW, in the Oakland game some credit should be given to Oakland. They are not as bad as you think. They just beat the Jets. They have played it close with the Chargers.

The Rams have won two games in a row and pulled out all of the stops in the first half against the Bills before being blown out in the 2nd.

Jacksonville was a road game in 90 degree heat against a very good team that the Bills came back and won. It was far from neutral.

This team is not winning it all this year. It is a team that is very much improved and is still young. It is a team that is very possibly playoff bound. It is a team that is exceeding everybody's expectations. (You still have not answered - at the start of the season what did you think their record would be? 1-5? 2-4? 0-6?).

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
So because the Bills were not perfect against SD you are now finding the one bad area and using that to bash them?

You can find something in almost every game played by every team that was not great. And you say you do not look at other teams but yet you also somehow know that the Bills are finishing with a 5-11 record (intentional hyperbole!) . How can you say that there mistakes and weaknesses will prevent them from winning without knowing other team's weaknesses?

Not perfect?

WTF does perfect have to do with this?

You keep making completely illogical leaps.

When we played poorly against Arizona, it was just one game. If we played well against SD, why doesn't the same logic apply? It was just one game, right?

You're looking at microcosms, I'm looking at the season as a whole. Other teams' weaknesses won't matter when we can't exploit them because of our own weaknesses. We've already had this conversation.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 10:13 AM
You're looking at microcosms, I'm looking at the season as a whole. Other teams' weaknesses won't matter when we can't exploit them because of our own weaknesses. We've already had this conversation.your so called expertise on other teams produced WRONG results vs. the bills. Maybe one day you'll get it right. Could be this sunday but until then, your opinions needs more room for improvement than the bengals.

mayotm
10-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Say we did play well against SD.

St. Louis? Oakland? Arizona?

Those games still happened. And if we had played like we played against those teams vs SD, the results would be the same as the results against Arizona.

So, go ahead and enjoy it while it lasts, because it's not going to last.Again, your opinion.

tat2dmike77
10-23-2008, 10:18 AM
This thread is still classic

OP can't help it being a pissed off sports fan. I mean come guys he has the Logos of Notre Dame and the Washignton Nationals who wouldn't be pissed off if those were your favorite teams.

But seriously Op you should look into some therapy or anger management or something. Living life all pissed off and looking at the negative all the time will get you nowhere. I know i'm a stupid homer but you know something it's just a game. My life does not depend on the Bills winning. Yes it makes my life better when they win but i will not die if the Bills loose.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Again, your opinion.

well, given that we played like crap against those 3 teams and have to play teams that are equal or better, it's a very logical and valid one whether you want to admit it or not.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 10:22 AM
well, given that we played like crap against those 3 teams and have to play teams that are equal or better, it's a very logical and valid one whether you want to admit it or not.
your logic has been wrong several times. Most recently vs. the chargers. :dance:

mayotm
10-23-2008, 10:30 AM
well, given that we played like crap against those 3 teams and have to play teams that are equal or better, it's a very logical and valid one whether you want to admit it or not.It's quite arogant to think that your opinions are more logical, valid, etc than mine or anybody else's.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 10:37 AM
It's quite arogant to think that your opinions are more logical, valid, etc than mine or anybody else's.

I backed mine up. You just said "we're 5-1". Not all opinions are equal, and it's not arrogant to think that an opinion with a basis is better than an opinion without a basis.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I backed mine up. You just said "we're 5-1". Not all opinions are equal, and it's not arrogant to think that an opinion with a basis is better than an opinion without a basis.
LOl. your logic is backed up by YOUR OPION. Ours are backed up by FACTS! 5-1 baby.

FACTS are better than opinions especially an opinion of someone who's been wrong a lot. Then again, that may not be the case in your own twisted logic.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 10:42 AM
LOl. The basis of your logic is YOUR OPION. Our basis are FACTS! 5-1 baby. FACTS are better than opinions especially an opinion of someone who's been wrong a lot. Tehn again, that may not be the case in your own twisted logic.

How we played against AZ, StL and Oak is NOT my opinion, it's FACT.

FlyingDutchman
10-23-2008, 10:45 AM
No its your opinion

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 10:45 AM
How we played against AZ, StL and Oak is NOT my opinion, it's FACT. we won vs. stl and oakland. How we played vs. rams and oakland are your opinion. The results (W'S) are FACT and included in 5-1.

You conveniently chose to leave out SD because YOU WERE WRONG!

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 10:48 AM
No its your opinion

we won vs. stl and oakland. You conveniently chose to leave out SD because YOU WERE WRONG! How we played vs. rams and oakland is opinion. The results are FACT and included in 5-1.

really? It's opinion that we let one of the worst teams in the league hang around for 2 1/2 quarters? It's opinion that it took us to the last play of the game to beat an Oakland team that can't even pass the ball? It's opinion that AZ beat us 41-17?

Huh- I could have sworn that those things actually happened. I could have sworn I saw it on my TV. But I must be wrong- it's all just my opinion.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Worst team in the league Rams right? Same team that just beat Washington and Dallas right?

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 10:50 AM
really? It's opinion that we let one of the worst teams in the league hang around for 2 1/2 quarters? It's opinion that it took us to the last play of the game to beat an Oakland team that can't even pass the ball? It's opinion that AZ beat us 41-17?

Huh- I could have sworn that those things actually happened. I could have sworn I saw it on my TV. But I must be wrong- it's all just my opinion.

so you're telling us that the 2 wins vs. stl and oak are opinions? :roflmao:

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 10:51 AM
so you're telling us that the 2 wins vs. stl and oak are opinions? :roflmao:

well it's impossible to argue with someone who is convinced that it's impossible to play poorly in a win, regardless of how incorrect that is.

mayotm
10-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I backed mine up. You just said "we're 5-1". Not all opinions are equal, and it's not arrogant to think that an opinion with a basis is better than an opinion without a basis.Wrong. There have been numerous points in this thread that have poked holes in your "more informed" opinions. However, nothing has more basis than pointing out our record.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 10:52 AM
well it's impossible to argue with someone who is convinced that it's impossible to play poorly in a win, regardless of how incorrect that is.

moved for another post because I was editing : NO how we played STL and OAk will affect the way we play other teams is opinion. That opinion is what got you owned by saying the chargers will beat us.

BTw, OP . Still think we're going 8-8 for the rest of the year?

FlyingDutchman
10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
really? It's opinion that we let one of the worst teams in the league hang around for 2 1/2 quarters?

YES. what dont you understand?

HAMMER
10-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Op doesn't like the taste of Crow.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 11:15 AM

:tap:

Did Op forget how to read all of a sudden?

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 11:30 AM
YES. what dont you understand?

I could have sworn that it's a FACT that the score was close after 2 1/2 quarters.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 11:31 AM
moved for another post because I was editing : NO how we played STL and OAk will affect the way we play other teams is opinion. That opinion is what got you owned by saying the chargers will beat us.

How we played against Stl and Oakland is proof of what this team is and isn't capable of. But you just want to ignore that.

And yes, we could still go 8-8.

CUHATIN
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
I seen a team with a bad first half and then regroup and go on to pound the rams!!! Fact!!

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
How we played against Stl and Oakland is proof of what this team is and isn't capable of. But you just want to ignore that. . you're the one who ignores that what they did in those games had no bearing on the results vs. SD which you WERE WRONG :snicker:

And yes, we could still go 8-8.the world COULD end tomorrow but that's not what I asked. I asked if we are STILL going 8-8 if you want me to be more specific.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 11:39 AM
I seen a team with a bad first half and then regroup and go on to pound the rams!!! Fact!!

ok, for the LAST ****ING TIME.

If we have a bad first half against, the Patriots, Broncos or even Jets or Fins, we'll be DOWN by too much to recover. That's the problem. This team is going to have to play complete games to continue winning, and so far they haven't proven they can do that consistently.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 11:42 AM
you're the one who ignores that what they did in those games had no bearing on the results vs. SD which you WERE WRONG :snicker:

the world COULD end tomorrow but that's not what I asked. I asked if we are STILL going 8-8 if you want me to be more specific.

and the results of the Seattle game had no bearing on the Arizona game, so what's your point? Like it or not, this team has flaws and has not proven that they can consistently play complete games.

As far as 8-8, I think 9-7 is more likely at this point. 2-4 in the division, beat KC and SF.

zone
10-23-2008, 11:53 AM

If we have a bad first half against, the Patriots, Broncos or even Jets or Fins, we'll be DOWN by too much to recover. That's the problem. This team is going to have to play complete games to continue winning, and so far they haven't proven they can do that consistently.
Every week it is something, you said the same thing for San Diego. "This team has not proven it can win in big games and play a complete game."

Now that they have done it, they haven't done it consistently enough for you yet?

yordad
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
I could have sworn that it's a FACT that the score was close after 2 1/2 quarters.But, "one of the worst teams" is an opinion.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:13 PM
But, "one of the worst teams" is an opinion.

They're 2-4, 31st in offense, 29th in defense. I'd say "one of the worst teams" is a fact.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Every week it is something, you said the same thing for San Diego. "This team has not proven it can win in big games and play a complete game."

Now that they have done it, they haven't done it consistently enough for you yet?

Nope.

They lost 41-17 to Arizona. If playing one complete game means they can do it every week, then getting blown out once must also mean it can happen every week.

zone
10-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Nope.

They lost 41-17 to Arizona. If playing one complete game means they can do it every week, then getting blown out once must also mean it can happen every week.
Sure, it could... but with that logic it could happen to any team but the Titans.

At least our loss came at the hand of our backup QB.

The point is we have played in pressure situations this year and won, on the road and at home. You honestly don't believe we will win more than 3 more games this year?

billsburgh
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM

That's your opinion of what could happen. Stop trying to tell everyone you know what's going to happen in games that havent been played yet

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Sure, it could... but with that logic it could happen to any team but the Titans.

At least our loss came at the hand of our backup QB.

The point is we have played in pressure situations this year and won, on the road and at home. You honestly don't believe we will win more than 3 more games this year?

I think the Cleveland game on Monday night is a loss because I don't think our CB's can handle their receivers and due to the pressure factor. I think the Toronto game is a loss because of how Pennington is playing and the pressure factor again. I think the Jets and Pats are both good enough that the best we can hope for is a split. Denver is struggling but if they don't have any more injuries, it will be a really tough game.

I think we can go 2-4 in the division and beat KC and SF.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
That's your opinion of what could happen. Stop trying to tell everyone you know what's going to happen in games that havent been played yet

Notice how rather than trying to refute my opinion, you accuse me of trying to tell people what's going to happen.

Is it really all that unreasonable to say that playing like crap against a good team will result in a first half deficit and eventually a loss? I don't understand why I'm getting so much flak for something that makes a lot of sense.

billsburgh
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Notice how rather than trying to refute my opinion, you accuse me of trying to tell people what's going to happen.

Is it really all that unreasonable to say that playing like crap against a good team will result in a first half deficit and eventually a loss? I don't understand why I'm getting so much flak for something that makes a lot of sense.

I'm not accusing you, because you are trying to tell us what's going to happen, see the bolded, underlined portion of you own statement below. How do you know how the Defense is going to play that day? Do you think that the Defense that is ranked 9th in the league in points given up is not going to keep us in the game if the offense has a bad first half?

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm not accusing you, because you are trying to tell us what's going to happen, see the bolded, underlined portion of you own statement below. How do you know how the Defense is going to play that day? Do you think that the Defense that is ranked 9th in the league in points given up is not going to keep us in the game if the offense has a bad first half?

I don't KNOW how the D will play that day (notice the qualifing "IF" at the start of the statement you quoted). I DO know that if the D plays like it did against Arizona or in the first half against St. Louis, they will get destroyed by the teams I mentioned. If you don't believe me, go watch the tapes of what those teams did to defenses that didn't show up against them.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
and the results of the Seattle game had no bearing on the Arizona game, so what's your point? Like it or not, this team has flaws and has not proven that they can consistently play complete games.

As far as 8-8, I think 9-7 is more likely at this point. 2-4 in the division, beat KC and SF.
we shall revisit this post.

More likely? We'll shall see if that's realistic. But at least you're starting to change your mind because it's looking like you're going to be wrong AGAIN! As USUAL!!

FlyingDutchman
10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
They're 2-4, 31st in offense, 29th in defense. I'd say "one of the worst teams" is a fact.

one of the worst teams that beat the best two teams in the NFC back to back weekends. dude just stop digging, you look like fool trying to cover yourself

yordad
10-23-2008, 02:20 PM
They're 2-4, 31st in offense, 29th in defense. I'd say "one of the worst teams" is a fact.But, our rank and record mean nothing? huh?

Nope.

They lost 41-17 to Arizona. If playing one complete game means they can do it every week, then getting blown out once must also mean it can happen every week.So, in order to be "good" you have to play complete games and win every single week? Well, in that case every team sucks.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 02:28 PM
But, our rank and record mean nothing? huh?

So, in order to be "good" you have to play complete games and win every single week? Well, in that case every team sucks.

No, in order to be good you have to blow out bad teams and play more than ONE complete game (arguably 2) in 6. Let's start with that.

Every time I say the team needs to improve on something, people make this illogical leap that I'm somehow demanding perfection when that's not what I said at all.

mayotm
10-23-2008, 02:32 PM
No, in order to be good you have to blow out bad teams and play more than ONE complete game (arguably 2) in 6. Let's start with that.

Every time I say the team needs to improve on something, people make this illogical leap that I'm somehow demanding perfection when that's not what I said at all.If you simply stated the team needs to improve in certain areas, I don't think you would get much disagreement. It's when you start predicting that they have no chance against NE, Denver, etc when people disagree. As I stated earlier, we could lose to just about anybody on the schedule. However, we can also beat anybody on the schedule.

FlyingDutchman
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
you are demanding perfection though. jesus you can find something to complain about for any team in the league. This isnt Madden, nor college football. A win is a win no matter how you get it and who its against.

FlyingDutchman
10-23-2008, 02:39 PM

so based on this formula, bascially there is not one good team in the NFL....Except Tennessee who has played nobody good

tat2dmike77
10-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Nope.

Then by that logic the Giants, Skins and Dallas all suck right? I mean Dallas must really suck because as you stated earlier they got beat by the worst team in the league. Wait not beat blown out.

But you say Dallas is better then Buffalo. How is a team that got blown out of St Louis by the worst team in the league better then the Bills who yes let the Rams hang around. But OP any coach and player will tell you it's about playing all four quarters.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 02:48 PM
If you simply stated the team needs to improve in certain areas, I don't think you would get much disagreement. It's when you start predicting that they have no chance against NE, Denver, etc when people disagree. As I stated earlier, we could lose to just about anybody on the schedule. However, we can also beat anybody on the schedule.
In OP's world anyone can beat the bills but we can't beat anyone.

tat2dmike77
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
In OP's world anyone can beat the bills but we can't beat anyone.

The Bills can't even beat UB or the practice squad.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Then by that logic the Giants, Skins and Dallas all suck right? I mean Dallas must really suck because as you stated earlier they got beat by the worst team in the league. Wait not beat blown out.

But you say Dallas is better then Buffalo. How is a team that got blown out of St Louis by the worst team in the league better then the Bills who yes let the Rams hang around. But OP any coach and player will tell you it's about playing all four quarters.

First, the transitive property doesn't apply to sports. A beats B and B beats C does not necessarily mean A will beat C.

That's why I'm looking at how the Bills played against inferior competition in Seattle, Oakland and St. Louis and decent competition in Arizona, SD, and Jax.

Second, Dallas wasn't healthy against the Rams. Right now, we'd probably beat the Cowboys, but with Romo and Felix Jones they'd kill us.

Third, fans of those teams should be concerned. The Skins, for example, had back to back lackluster efforts in a loss to the Rams and barely beating the Browns at home. If they played any of the teams in their division like that, they'd get their asses handed to them.

Third, you said it yourself: It's all about playing 4 quarters. Did we play 4 quarters against Oakland, St. Louis or Arizona? In at least half of Buffalo's games, the team failed to put forth a solid effort for 4 quarters. That's what concerns me. You can play like **** for a while then pull something out of your ass in the 2nd half or even on the last drive to get by St. Louis or Oakland. But that won't work against teams like, say, Arizona.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 03:18 PM
That's why I'm looking at how the Bills played against inferior competition in Seattle, Oakland and St. Louis and decent competition in Arizona, SD, and Jax.

. You based the way we played the first 5 games to come up with the conclusion that we can't beat the chargers. You and your logic got owned!!!!

What you and your logic fail to see is that everytime we play a different team, our coaches make certain adjustments and have a different game plans. In other words, just because we played certain teams til the last whistle doesn't mean we'll play that way against other teams. THE SD GAME IS PROOF.

They may not be great wins but so far it's been good enough to WIN and they have been PROVING YOU WRONG SO FAR!!

Since you have been wrong more often than not, you have no right to be telling us HOMERS we're wrong because we've been right more than you!!!

Maybe you should start thinking like us homers and maybe you'll get something right .

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 03:22 PM
You based the way we played the first 5 games to come up with the conclusion that we can't beat the chargers. You and your logic got owned!!!!

What you and your logic fail to see is that everytime we play a different team, our coaches make certain adjustments and have a different game plans. They may not be great wins but so far it's been good enough to WIN and they have been PROVING YOU WRONG SO FAR!!

I didn't get owned. But I was wrong about the outcome.

Unfortunately, that old "any given Sunday" cliche holds true. So, logically, the most likely outcome for last Sunday was a Chargers win, but we don't have perfect indicators so no one can be right 100% of the time.

I know the coaches make adjustments and have different game plans. But I don't know what those game plans are. Neither do you. The only information to go on is how this team has actually performed on the field. Again, it's not a perfect indicator. There is no perfect indicator. But it's all we have.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 03:30 PM
I didn't get owned. But I was wrong about the outcome..

same crap different word.

Unfortunately, that old "any given Sunday" cliche holds true. So, logically, the most likely outcome for last Sunday was a Chargers win, but we don't have perfect indicators so no one can be right 100% of the time.

I know the coaches make adjustments and have different game plans. But I don't know what those game plans are. Neither do you. The only information to go on is how this team has actually performed on the field. Again, it's not a perfect indicator. There is no perfect indicator. But it's all we have.

typical. When the bills win it's a "on any given sunday" win for the bills. We'll never be good enough.

WRONG AGAIN, their ability to win games is what I have. WINS ARE FACTS. Your logic is all YOU HAVE, which has been wrong a LOT so far this year. Your logic is nothing but opinion.

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 03:43 PM
i think op's point is that the bills didn't look dominant vs the Chargers. and i think most of us would think that if we had to play them 5 time in a row, we didn't show anything in that first game that would make us think we'd sweep the remaining 4 games. I know i was thankful we won and wouldn't want to have to watch that game again.

I fully expect the bills to beat on the dolphins. and i expect for us fans to think, "wow, we could beat this team any time any day."

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Op is a crazy person!

FlyingDutchman
10-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Third, you said it yourself: It's all about playing 4 quarters. Did we play 4 quarters against Oakland, St. Louis or Arizona? In at least half of Buffalo's games, the team failed to put forth a solid effort for 4 quarters. That's what concerns me. You can play like **** for a while then pull something out of your ass in the 2nd half or even on the last drive to get by St. Louis or Oakland. But that won't work against teams like, say, Arizona.

Thats not what he meant OP. He meant in the NFL you can play like crap in the first half or whatever, and if youre the better team you can still win in the end. He meant you actually DONT have to play solid for all four quarters.

zone
10-23-2008, 05:28 PM
At the end of the day can anyone here rattle off how many points the Giants won each game by last year, or if they faltered in a specific quarter? Probably not (if they can they have too much time on their hands) but there is one thing that everyone know and that is that they won the Super Bowl.

Was winning the Super Bowl diminished any because they had to come from behind on the last drive? Would it have been a better Super Bowl win if they had blown them out?

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
At the end of the day can anyone here rattle off how many points the Giants won each game by last year, or if they faltered in a specific quarter? Probably not (if they can they have too much time on their hands) but there is one thing that everyone know and that is that they won the Super Bowl.

Was winning the Super Bowl diminished any because they had to come from behind on the last drive? Would it have been a better Super Bowl win if they had blown them out?

here's the problem: they won that SB against one of the best teams in history, so any way you can win is fine. More importantly, there IS no next game after the SB. So, unlike the Giants in the SB, we still have 10 more games to play, and many of them are against teams that are far better than the ones that took us down to the last drive of the game.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Thats not what he meant OP. He meant in the NFL you can play like crap in the first half or whatever, and if youre the better team you can still win in the end. He meant you actually DONT have to play solid for all four quarters.

But we're not always the better team.

We were the better team against the Rams and Raiders. We weren't the better team against Arizona. See what happened?

FlyingDutchman
10-23-2008, 06:01 PM
But we're not always the better team.

We were the better team against the Rams and Raiders. We weren't the better team against Arizona. See what happened?

well we were better for 5 out of 6 weeks, and that works for me and thats all I care about.

FlyingDutchman
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
seriously OP.....we're 5-1....give it a rest and be happy