PDA

View Full Version : Before Mitchell's INT

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I did.

I remember saying to my buddy "fasten your seatbelt" because I felt confident that Edwards were going to lead us down the field to score again. The only thing worried me at the time was the time left in the game. I was thinking we'd have the ball around the 6 minute mark which means SD might have the last possession if we score too quickly. My buddy was saying that it would be a Raiders game finish all over again.

Then Mitchell made me jumped out of my seat ...

Pinkerton Security
10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
I did.

Dujek
10-22-2008, 11:01 AM
I thought they were going to score, but I also thought the Bills would then march back down the field to win the game.

Glad I was wrong though, Mitchell was amazing in the 4th quarter.

patmoran2006
10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
i did.

but unlike Losman, I had confidence Trent would take us back down for a score no matter what.

MikeInRoch
10-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree. I thought SD was going to score, but that we would go down and score just before time expired.

Tatonka
10-22-2008, 12:25 PM
i had the Effing Over 40, so i was REALLY hoping that SD would score.

i was also confident that Edwards would march us right down the field for a score afterwards.

mybills
10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't remember thinking they would. I just kept saying "pick it off, pick it off" and my son kept saying, "they have to". Then they did, and his jaw dropped in amazement, like they heard me! :chuckle:

Griff
10-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah I thought that the win was going to rest on Trent's shoulder's again.

ublinkwescore
10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
I honestly wasn't too worried about it.

I knew if they did we'd still get another possession with Captain Clutch at the helm.

Jimbuktu
10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
I did.

I remember saying to my buddy "fasten your seatbelt" because I felt confident that Edwards were going to lead us down the field to score again. The only thing worried me at the time was the time left in the game. I was thinking we'd have the ball around the 6 minute mark which means SD might have the last possession if we score too quickly. My buddy was saying that it would be a Raiders game finish all over again.

ahaha, he made me jump right off of my couch too. LOVED IT!

thenry20
10-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I did.

Same here. I knew we would score again and then hold them for the win--unlike seasons past.

El Guapo
10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I figured they would score, but then we only needed a FG to win, so I was nervous, but not coming out of my skin.

trapezeus
10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
i was assuming they were going to score. especially since they had just converted a 3rd down. the crowd really got silenced on the conversion.

i had confidence that trent was going to lead the team the other way. i was worried that it'd happen too soon and that SD would come back the other way.

BillsWin
10-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I did.

I was excited, because I thought a 4th quarter comback by Trent against San Diego would be huge.

But when I saw the INT, I said to my buddy, "We're gunna drive down and put it outta reach."

Beating them by 9 is good too, but I had confidence we'd win even IF they scored.

Mahdi
10-22-2008, 05:03 PM
I thought they were going to score, but I also thought the Bills would then march back down the field to win the game.

Glad I was wrong though, Mitchell was amazing in the 4th quarter.
So was Fewell.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2008, 05:11 PM
I really though that we would come back and win anyway.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I was just hoping the Bills D would hold them to a FG.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2008, 06:41 PM
I was just hoping the Bills D would hold them to a FG.

I was in the same boat BEFORE they converted the last 3rd down and stood at 9 yard line.

Nighthawk
10-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I did because the Chargers were tearing us up threw the air all day. Good thing Trent was able keep the ball so long.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2008, 07:37 PM
I did because the Chargers were tearing us up threw the air all day. Good thing Trent was able keep the ball so long.

Berman of ESPN understood this concept very well when he kept mentioning that the Bills, a young team, is learning how to win by doing the little things, like getting a simple 1st down from their own end arond 1 yard line. In the big pitcure, that drive did nothing. But it kept a high power offense like the Chargers' on the side line for several more minutes while gaining some field position, making their drive a little longer. It really helps your defense.