PDA

View Full Version : Imagine if we hadn't IR'd Crow

jpdex12
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
I know Ralph placed Crow on IR just to trump his BS injury surgery three days before the season when he was supposed to get extended many thought but he would really help right now if we still had him. Hindsight tells us we should have sat him long enough to get over the knee issues or let him have clean up surgery and we would still have him for the second half of the season.

We could really use him now!

THATHURMANATOR
10-22-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't want to imagine this.

jpdex12
10-22-2008, 03:30 PM
We had better all hope that Poz, Veek and Ellison are Iron Men for the rest of the year! Otherwise we are F'ed!

patmoran2006
10-22-2008, 03:31 PM
no comment..

HAMMER
10-22-2008, 03:34 PM
We will be fine, there are a lot of very good football players waiting for a chance. The time is now for Buggs to show his talent and desire. Have Faith.

Typ0
10-22-2008, 03:35 PM
I know Ralph placed Crow on IR just to trump his BS injury surgery three days before the season when he was supposed to get extended many thought but he would really help right now if we still had him. Hindsight tells us we should have sat him long enough to get over the knee issues or let him have clean up surgery and we would still have him for the second half of the season.

We could really use him now!

this player was trying to screw the team...he needed to be put down.

patmoran2006
10-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah.
"Screwing the team" going into a CONTRACT YEAR.. Makes a lot of sense, huh?

Ever think he tried as best he could to play THROUGH the pain, and just no longer could?

Typ0
10-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah.
"Screwing the team" going into a CONTRACT YEAR.. Makes a lot of sense, huh?

Ever think he tried as best he could to play THROUGH the pain, and just no longer could?

absolutely not. it's no coincidence that the day he was guaranteed his contract he decided he couldn't play through the pain...and the day before he would not have gotten paid. The league and the players union negotiated the rules on how these things take place. This player was in a difficult situation and decided to be selfish. Too bad. See ya.

Yasgur's Farm
10-22-2008, 04:58 PM
You all do realize that there is a distinct possibility that the team doctors pulled the plug on his worsening knee... Don't you?

1) There are many reports that he had some fear regarding surgery.
2) He's in his contract year and didn't want to decrease his FA value by missing time due to surgery.

I believe the team doctors couldn't morally allow him to do further damage to himself without surgery. And that surgey ended his season.

We went thru this same crap last year concerning POZ... Turns out POZ finally saw that he wouldn't have actually been able to return in '07!

jpdex12
10-22-2008, 07:22 PM
absolutely not. it's no coincidence that the day he was guaranteed his contract he decided he couldn't play through the pain...and the day before he would not have gotten paid. The league and the players union negotiated the rules on how these things take place. This player was in a difficult situation and decided to be selfish. Too bad. See ya.

I know but he would secure our LB corps more than they are now...

jpdex12
10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
You all do realize that there is a distinct possibility that the team doctors pulled the plug on his worsening knee... Don't you?

1) There are many reports that he had some fear regarding surgery.
2) He's in his contract year and didn't want to decrease his FA value by missing time due to surgery.

I believe the team doctors couldn't morally allow him to do further damage to himself without surgery. And that surgey ended his season.

We went thru this same crap last year concerning POZ... Turns out POZ finally saw that he wouldn't have actually been able to return in '07!

He wasn't having major knee surgery. They were only going to do enough to make him feel more comfortable and then finish up with more extensive surgery after the season. He pulled this because he was about to start the season without an extension and knew that he had a knee problem.

An eye for an eye from ole Ralphie!

Yasgur's Farm
10-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Makes no sense... Hurts his own wallet