PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XXLII (Bills vs. Giants) Play by Play

BillsWin
10-22-2008, 03:29 PM
I posted it on 7-23-08

I'd thought I'd post it up for you guys to read... (especially in light of Edwards' comeback skills..)

Superbowl XXLII... John Murphy Radio Broadcast. 4th Quarter

Trent Edwards deep in the backfield now, the Bills are in a hurry-up shotgun formation.

Heres the snap.
Drops back... THROWS!
CAUGHT! Josh Reed to the Bills own 24 yard line! first down and ten, with 1:04 left on the clock.

Clock continues to roll on here in Tampa. For those of you just joining us we are at Superbowl XXLII with an amazing underdog story underway. The Bills are now battling back against the New York football Giants and time is running out.

Clock Winding down now, Edwards, the snap.
drops back. pressure!!!! OH! slides off a defender! Throws off his back foot, it is a jumpball!!! HARDY WITH THE CATCH!!! and he falls out of bounds. Bills fans everywhere sigh together.

Bills are down 21-20 and they do not want this to be a repeat of their first superbowl match up. Everyone remembers wide- right. (Clips of the fateful miss are played on the jumbo- tron/ television sets across america.)

Bills are driving now.
Marshawn Lynch in the back field. snap. Edwards back to pass again. FIRES! Dropped by Lynch out of the backfield. he was really feeling the heat there.

Bills need some miracle here. there are 24 seconds left and they are taking their sweet time here. they need to get in field goal range and it is roughly 20 or so yards away.

Edwards calls the play at the line.
snap.
drops back.
everything is at a standstill.
the stadium is quiet now.
The Stanford man scans the field.
Fires a deep ball down the right side!!!!!

CAUGHT!!!! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EVVAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNSSSS!!!!!!!! HE bobbled that all the way to the ground! What a catch! what a catch! In field goal range!!! WOW FOLKS!

Timeout called here by the Bills with 4 seconds left.

Ive just recieved word that it will be a 47 yard field goal attempt. Lindell is a great kicker and should make it. This is uncanny folks because the last 47 yard field goal attempt by the Bills in a superbowl went wide- right and we all know how that turned out.
Folks.
history in the making
The crowd is going absoLUTELY INSANE!!!!!

The teams line up. no timeouts to ice the kicker.
it all comes down to this.
4 seconds is all it takes to win or lose this championship...

Edwards and the offense have done all they can... it all rests on one nervous leg. What a game folks. This is simply amazing.

The snap.
The hold.
The kick.
it is up...
AND ITS GOOD!!!! ITS GOOD!!!!!!!!! ITS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

The Bills have won the superbowl!
For the first time in the history of history the Bills have won the superbowl!!!!!
AMAZING!!!
STUNNING!!!!
In all my years of broadcasting!
I HAVE NEVER!!!!
GO BILLS!!!
GO BILLS!!!!
GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!

There are fans rushing the field!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS FANDEMONIUM!!!!!

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!

This is John Murphy! and today I can say that Bills fans everywhere, can die happy! WE DID IT! WE DID IT! THANK YOU DICK JAURON!!!! THANK YOU BILLS!!!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Poetic Justice.... http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/gold.gif

Find your opinions... and tell them to me.

I wrote this in preseason. I got bashed on that board. But they liked the outcome. at 5-1, I look like a genius. (Till we lose again.)<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

northernbillfan
10-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I get shivers when I read the paragraph right after the kick play by play.

patmoran2006
10-22-2008, 04:00 PM
If Lindell missed that kick, he shouldn't even bother getting on the plane.

BillsWin
10-22-2008, 04:19 PM

Crazy huh?

Albany,n.y.
10-22-2008, 05:14 PM
This is the final line Murphy should say of the broadcast: "The Bills are Super Bowl Champions, this one's for you Van, DO YOU BELIEVE IT!"

BillsOwnAll
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
haha wow...But do you think you can really deal with another kick to win a game? Im not sure id make it through the snap.

syracuse76
10-22-2008, 07:18 PM

dude.....you aint lyin.got the freakin chills.......weird

syracuse76
10-22-2008, 07:18 PM
god that would be awesome..........BILLIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT CAN HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!
ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!

BillsWin
10-22-2008, 07:48 PM
god that would be awesome..........BILLIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT CAN HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!
ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!

Its gunna happen!!!!