PDA

View Full Version : HAHA! Suckers...

BillsWin
10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-159/Dolphins-among-many-who-missed-on-Edwards.html

I already knew this, but thought Id post the article.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Best QB in the draft!!!

billsburgh
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Best QB in the draft!!!
BY FAR. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

He's miles ahead of #1 overall pick Jamarcus Russel and Beck who who the dolfags pick ahead of him.

Philagape
10-22-2008, 09:17 PM
:lolpoint: Raiders
:lolpoint: Browns
:lolpoint: Eagles
:lolpoint: Fins
:lolpoint: Lions

Mad Bomber
10-22-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm too lazy to go back through the posts from when we drafted him #3, but there were a LOT of posts ragging on this pick. Most notably (and I don't want to pick on you, Op, but I will), some posters on here (and I will pick on you here Op) complained about a "wasted pick on someone who won't play a single down"....he did play, and is now our starting QB, and the #4 rated QB in the NFL.

I know that many of you think that QB ratings are BS (I tend to agree) but the only thing I have to say is that he is 5-0 when he was the QB, has lead 2 impressive come from behind victories, and was positively MAGNIFICENT in the Chargers game.

Trent is the REAL DEAL.

SquishDaFish
10-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Im loving Trent myself but Mad hes 5-1 he started the loss. :lol: Messing with you

Mike13
10-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Meh, no use crying over spilt milk, If I whined over every blown pick by the Dolphins I would have been on a bell tower by now with a sniper rifle.

BTW has Brady Quinn even played a down yet?

Mudflap1
10-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm too lazy to go back through the posts from when we drafted him #3, but there were a LOT of posts ragging on this pick. Most notably (and I don't want to pick on you, Op, but I will), some posters on here (and I will pick on you here Op) complained about a "wasted pick on someone who won't play a single down"....he did play, and is now our starting QB, and the #4 rated QB in the NFL.

I know that many of you think that QB ratings are BS (I tend to agree) but the only thing I have to say is that he is 5-0 when he was the QB, has lead 2 impressive come from behind victories, and was positively MAGNIFICENT in the Chargers game.

Trent is the REAL DEAL.

I will raise my hand as a stand up guy and admit I was one who complained about the Trent Edwards pick when it happened. I watched the guy a bunch of times in college, and he got his head kicked in (of which the team sucked). I said it then, that I hope Marv and Trent prove me wrong with the pick. While it's still early in his career, I'm glad to say that so far I am wholeheartedly eating my words. I thought it was going to be another case of the "same old Bills" this decade picking a player in the 3rd round and hoping he was going to be great, and he wouldn't. Obviously, that doesn't appear to be the case so far.

Jon

Scumbag College
10-22-2008, 10:19 PM

Trent is the REAL DEAL.

i remember this site on draft day when the Bills drafted Trent. Pretty much everyone here, myself included, was pissed about the pick. Most people wanted a CB from Cal, I can't even think of his name off the top of my head. So, maybe we got lucky, maybe it was good scouting, or maybe both.

Captain Obvious
10-22-2008, 10:37 PM
i Most people wanted a CB from Cal, I can't even think of his name off the top of my head. S

Daymeon Hughes.. Who was drafted by the Indy Colts who picked Daymeon 2 or 3 picks after the Bills picked Trent.. Is he even starting for them?

Oaf
10-22-2008, 10:42 PM
When he was drafted I was thinking best case, he gets some mop up action due to injury or blowout, accumulates some stats and we deal him for a 1st or 2nd a la Rob Johnson.

jimbohastle51
10-23-2008, 12:02 AM
:lolpoint: Raiders
:lolpoint: Browns
:lolpoint: Eagles
:lolpoint: Fins
:lolpoint: Lions

while i think trent is the man, the jury is still out on quinn who has looked every bit a stud when he has had his chances. i am definatly glad things worked out how they did with us taking marshawn over him but i have a feeling he is going to be a great QB. the eagles, fins, and lions are all idiots though and boy they must be kicking themselfs now.