X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffalony85
    • Nov 2007

Jackson Should Start

This is not a Lynch bashing thread, but I believe Lynch would be more effective if we brought him off the bench after having Jackson soften up the defense. It's obvious that Jackson is a far more instinctive runner than Lynch and I believe Lynch's 1-2 yard runs in the begining of games slows our offense down, bringing Lynch in on short yardage plays and having him fresh in the second half would turn his 1-2 yard runs in the first two quarters into 8-15 yard runs in the second half once the defense is tired and simply will not be able to bring him down (much like Marion Barber with Parcells and Wade's 1st year in Dallas), just a suggestion, your thoughts...

• syracuse76
    Knowing is half the battle......
    • Aug 2008

Re: Jackson Should Start

no..........i like jackson but no. running lynch up the middle 85% of the timeis starting to get old. he has gained most of his yards when bouncing out to the outside. i say run more sweeps and more tosses to the outside and utilize his skills. if you look up any clip on him even from college any big yard gains are from the outside.
    2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
    POZ will lead us to the promise land
    "That which does not kill me,
    will only make me stronger"
    Nietzsche

Comment

• ALL D
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by buffalony85
      This is not a Lynch bashing thread, but I believe Lynch would be more effective if we brought him off the bench after having Jackson soften up the defense. It's obvious that Jackson is a far more instinctive runner than Lynch and I believe Lynch's 1-2 yard runs in the begining of games slows our offense down, bringing Lynch in on short yardage plays and having him fresh in the second half would turn his 1-2 yard runs in the first two quarters into 8-15 yard runs in the second half once the defense is tired and simply will not be able to bring him down (much like Marion Barber with Parcells and Wade's 1st year in Dallas), just a suggestion, your thoughts...
      I have been thinking this for a while now... give jackson a legit shot, he deserves it..

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

No. Hell no. No.

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

If they do that it will seem as if Lynch is a bust. I don't think they ever do it for that fact.
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• buffalony85
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by syracuse76
            no..........i like jackson but no. running lynch up the middle 85% of the timeis starting to get old. he has gained most of his yards when bouncing out to the outside. i say run more sweeps and more tosses to the outside and utilize his skills. if you look up any clip on him even from college any big yard gains are from the outside.
            Yeah of course but i'm just saying the same inside running plays where Lynch simply hasn't learned where the cutback lanes are going to be are easy 4-5 yard runs for Jackson.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Lynch goes in, pounds the rock. Tires the defense. Creates an advantage. In comes Jackson. He takes advantage of the tired D, and he gets better yards per rush. But Lynch is the workhorse and #1.

Jackson is what we call a "change of pace back".
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• buffalony85
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                If they do that it will seem as if Lynch is a bust. I don't think they ever do it for that fact.
                Lynch looks like a bust averaging 65 yards a game, I would like to see him coming into the second half of games fresh so he can break the long runs.

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                  That has nothing to do with it. They won't do it because Lynch is a superior player. Jackson does a nice job in his role. Why can't everybody just be happy with that?

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

This actually reminds me of when many Bills fans felt Darrick Holmes should be the #1 back. How did that turn out?

Comment

• Stewie
                      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                      • Aug 2002

Lynch is the starting running back. That said, I'm not at all opposed to Jackson getting more first half carries, and giving the rock to marshawn 15 times in the second half.
                      Originally posted by Topdog
                      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      I love Weiner.
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      also cheese

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Lynch is and will be the starter for years to come

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by buffalony85
                          I LOVE Freddy Jackson (see my thread on this subject).

That said, it is Marshawn that makes him a more effective runner, and not the other way araound. It is ML that "softens up" defenses, and not the other way around. Fred Jackson is not a runner who wears down defenses.

Marshawn makes yardage despite poor blocking....he can make a no gain into a 2-3 yard game just because of his AMAZING leg drive...this guy ALWAYS falls forward.

Fred Jackson is a runner (and pass receiver) who is better in space. You can't compare him to Marion Barber....ML is more like Barber...a BULL.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                            I LOVE Freddy Jackson (see my thread on this subject).

That said, it is Marshawn that makes him a more effective runner, and not the other way araound. It is ML that "softens up" defenses, and not the other way around. Fred Jackson is not a runner who wears down defenses.

Marshawn makes yardage despite poor blocking....he can make a no gain into a 2-3 yard game just because of his AMAZING leg drive...this guy ALWAYS falls forward.

Fred Jackson is a runner (and pass receiver) who is better in space. You can't compare him to Marion Barber....ML is more like Barber...a BULL.
                            Exactly. Not to take anything away from Freddie--I love the guy, but if Marshawn went down and it was purely the Freddie Jackson show, I don't think he'd be nearly as effective as he is in his current change-of-pace role.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

I don't think you could do that. I like Jackson and I do believe that Lynch needs to change somethings with his running style, but you can't start Jackson. What they need to do is work with Lynch on how to read his blocks better...he just doesn't seem to have a feel for finding the hole...no matter how small it may be.

Comment

Working...
                              X