• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

NFL replay observations

Good job NFL Films for getting the footage. Even if it was just steady cam work, they did a good, as usual, getting the right footage.

The first play for the Bills from scrimmage after they resumed the game sucked. It was a nice pass to Evans and the refs blew the whistles a little too early as he clearly broke free from the stop. In another situation he would have gained more YACs. The refs were understandable nervous and acted too early.

Freddy Jackson on his game breaking hit on Jammer: "I told him (Lynch) if it's me him and the defender, I'll get you to the end zone"

WTF was up with the missed face mask??? When Lynch's head turned around, it wasn't because he was looking behind him.

All in all it was nice to see what we missed. Kudos to the NFL network for putting this footage together.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: NFL replay observations

On the Mitchell pick I have to LMAO at what Rivers and Turner had to say. Rivers said he would make that pass 10 out of 10 times. Turner said that the linebacker was totally missed on that play. Mitchell said his job was to get whomever Poz didn't. He saw Rivers looking towards Gates so he tried to get into double coverage.

All that said, everyone overlooked the fact that Scott had Gates well covered in the first place.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• thenry20
      • Jan 2004

Not only that but the WR on the inside ran the wrong pattern. He then became coverable by Mitchell. Badly designed play, IMO. He should've run an out or corner pattern.

Comment

• Griff
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        On the Mitchell pick I have to LMAO at what Rivers and Turner had to say. Rivers said he would make that pass 10 out of 10 times. Turner said that the linebacker was totally missed on that play. Mitchell said his job was to get whomever Poz didn't. He saw Rivers looking towards Gates so he tried to get into double coverage.

All that said, everyone overlooked the fact that Scott had Gates well covered in the first place.
        glad I'm not the only one that saw Gates was already blanketed. I just didn't know by who.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

It's weird how Royal was making play after play when the power was out. Maybe he's camera shy. j/k Between his catches, yards gained, and blocking, I think the nay sayers from last week can all shut up now.
          Nice catches by Evans that I missed the first time around. Trent looked great with the power on and off. Reed too. I love Fred Jackson and the chemistry he has with Lynch. He told Lynch he wants to block to get him the TD, cuz that'll be like getting one himself. Talk about team work!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dujek
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by northernbillfan
            Scott was underneath Gates and Rivers pass was actually slightly behind where it should have been. After watching that play a few times I think that if Mitchell missed the ball Scott would have picked it off anyway.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Scott covered well. I was very impressed with him. Since I saw a lot of the game when it aired, I made sure to focus on a few players this time. Peters is back!
              Preston is an animal..I want him to start..forget Fowler! Not only does he protect Trent, he pumps up the team on the sidelines. Stroud..what can you say? This guy is extremely important to this team. The decision to pass on the coin toss, the decision to kick short to keep it away from Sproles, among other things..tells me that I wasn't wrong when I thanked that Bears fan for Jauron..even though she said, "Who's Jauron?"
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                Scott covered well. I was very impressed with him. Since I saw a lot of the game when it aired, I made sure to focus on a few players this time. Peters is back!
                Preston is an animal..I want him to start..forget Fowler! Not only does he protect Trent, he pumps up the team on the sidelines. Stroud..what can you say? This guy is extremely important to this team. The decision to pass on the coin toss, the decision to kick short to keep it away from Sproles, among other things..tells me that I wasn't wrong when I thanked that Bears fan for Jauron..even though she said, "Who's Jauron?"
                A few Bears fans I ran into weren't afraid to admit Jauron got a raw deal in Chicago and were happy to see him having a good season in Buffalo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Kawika was awsome.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Kawika was awsome.
                    No wonder LT had great things to say about the Bills.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

It's weird how Royal was making play after play when the power was out. Maybe he's camera shy. j/k Between his catches, yards gained, and blocking, I think the nay sayers from last week can all shut up now.
                      Yeah, I'd much rather have fumbling, penalty prone, only one foot in bounds, stay in bounds when we're trying to save time Robert Royal over Tony Gonzalez.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Nice catches by Evans that I missed the first time around. Trent looked great with the power on and off. Reed too. I love Fred Jackson and the chemistry he has with Lynch. He told Lynch he wants to block to get him the TD, cuz that'll be like getting one himself. Talk about team work!
                        no. Royals needs consistency. The only naysayers that need to shut it are the Reed *****es .
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Dujek
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2008

no. Royals needs consistency. The only naysayers that need to shut it are the Reed *****es .
                          Reed has been great this year. He's really come into his own as Edwards' possession receiver.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
                            Reed has been great this year. He's really come into his own as Edwards' possession receiver.
                            He was doing well regardless of who the qb was. He been the safety net for either qb's through the years.Doesn't put big nos. but his contribution to the team is very underrated.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

He was doing well regardless of who the qb was. He been the safety net for either qb's through the years.Doesn't put big nos. but his contribution to the team is very underrated.
                              He was injured when I saw the Bills in Seattle. He was wearing sweats on the side lines and still had on receiver gloves. I asked him for one after the game and it hangs in my den. Classy guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X