PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Fins fan

FinFaninBuffalo
10-23-2008, 07:50 AM
First of all, congrats on a very nice season so far. The Bills are one of the most balanced teams in the league. They have a chance to win any game because they can play most any style. They are a bit inconsistent but that comes from the youth of the team.

Edwards is very impressive. He is so impressive that I picked him up on my fantasy team just before the Cardinals game and started him. Needless to say, I lost that game. My apologizes for jinxing the Bills. I just picked him up again yesterday, so if he gets hurt, it's my fault. I can't, in good conscience, start him against my Fins, but after this week, I'm hoping he does well.

Of course I hope the Fins smack the Bills this week, but (since the Fins are rebuilding and don't have a legit shot this year) I hope the Bill beat the Pats and Jets for the division title. I just hate the Jets and I'm sick of the Pats. Being a life long WNY resident, it's great to see what good Bills and Sabres teams do for the area.

So other than this week and week 14, good luck the rest of the way. Next year, the Fins will be tougher. I can't wait to get back to the days of Miami vs. Buffalo meaning something.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 07:52 AM
First of all, congrats on a very nice season so far. The Bills are one of the most balanced teams in the league. They have a chance to win any game because they can play most any style. They are a bit inconsistent but that comes from the youth of the team.

Edwards is very impressive. He is so impressive that I picked him up on my fantasy team just before the Cardinals game and started him. Needless to say, I lost that game. My apologizes for jinxing the Bills. I just picked him up again yesterday, so if he gets hurt, it's my fault. I can't, in good conscience, start him against my Fins, but after this week, I'm hoping he does well.

Of course I hope the Fins smack the Bills this week, but (since the Fins are rebuilding and don't have a legit shot this year) I hope the Bill beat the Pats and Jets for the division title. I just hate the Jets and I'm sick of the Pats. Being a life long WNY resident, it's great to see what good Bills and Sabres teams do for the area.

So other than this week and week 14, good luck the rest of the way. Next year, the Fins will be tougher. I can't wait to get back to the days of Miami vs. Buffalo meaning something.
What happened to the Miami rivalry.... :shakeno:

FinFaninBuffalo
10-23-2008, 08:02 AM
What happened to the Miami rivalry.... :shakeno:

This decade happened. When neither team is relevant, the rivalry isn't relevant.

CUHATIN
10-23-2008, 08:12 AM
:squish:

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 08:13 AM
We should move to a division with Cleveland and Pittsburgh

RedEyE
10-23-2008, 08:15 AM
How do you become a Fish Fan living in Buffalo?

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Just to piss everyone else off.

CUHATIN
10-23-2008, 08:18 AM
My dad is a Fish fan and he pisses me off!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
10-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Nice civil words FFinB, but don't think for a second that your I-come-in-peace stuff is going to exempt you from being negged to hell just for this week.

:negrep:

FinFaninBuffalo
10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Nice civil words FFinB, but don't think for a second that your I-come-in-peace stuff is going to exempt you from being negged to hell just for this week.

:negrep:

Do your worst......

madness
10-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Of course I hope the Fins smack the Bills this week, ....Being a life long WNY resident...

In the old days you would have been burned at the stake along with your black magic. :D

You can throw records away anytime division opp. meet, so I'm expecting a good close game like last year. What's the forecast for this weekend?

P.S. We have a punch 'em in the mouth defense so if Chad decides to do that line up at WR Wildcat crap... we're not responsible for what may happen. Whitner may just have to move to CB for that play.

FinFaninBuffalo
10-23-2008, 08:28 AM

Fins - 10-4, playoffs
Bills - 3-10-1

Fins - 10-3-1, SB loss
Bills - 1-13

Fins - 17-0, perfect season
Bills - 4-9-1

Fins - 12-2, SB win
Bills - 9-5

and.... 20-0 against the Bills in the 1970's

I never looked back.

FinFaninBuffalo
10-23-2008, 08:32 AM
We should move to a division with Cleveland and Pittsburgh

I agree 100%. Buffalo, Pitt, Cleveland, and Cincy would be a great division. Can you imagine the road trips?

Bal, NYJ, NE, and Indy - Brady v Manning twice a year.

Miami, Jac, Houston, Tenn

Oak, KC, Den, SD

I could root for the Bills to do well and still support my Fins.

FinFaninBuffalo
10-23-2008, 08:35 AM
In the old days you would have been burned at the stake along with your black magic. :D

You can throw records away anytime division opp. meet, so I'm expecting a good close game like last year. What's the forecast for this weekend?

P.S. We have a punch 'em in the mouth defense so if Chad decides to do that line up at WR Wildcat crap... we're not responsible for what may happen. Whitner may just have to move to CB for that play.

In my rebellious youth, I was a Boston Bruins fan and a Miami Dolphins fan. Notice a pattern? Check the Bruins success in the early 1970's.

I've since mended my ways in hockey, but I cannot dump the Fins.

jamze132
10-23-2008, 08:44 AM
In my rebellious youth, I was a Boston Bruins fan and a Miami Dolphins fan. Notice a pattern? Check the Bruins success in the early 1970's.

I've since mended my ways in hockey, but I cannot dump the Fins.
Do you fear for your life while you are at Topps wearing your Ricky Williams jersey?

RedEyE
10-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Fins - 10-4, playoffs
Bills - 3-10-1

Fins - 10-3-1, SB loss
Bills - 1-13

Fins - 17-0, perfect season
Bills - 4-9-1

Fins - 12-2, SB win
Bills - 9-5

and.... 20-0 against the Bills in the 1970's

I never looked back.

So you used the "Can't beat 'em, join 'em" methodology for choosing a football team?

I'm surpirsed! The Dolphins have struggled beating the Bills since the 70's. Seems like you might have flip-flopped back over to the right team by now.

Oops! Wait! No room left on the bandwagon is there?

FinFaninBuffalo
10-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Do you fear for your life while you are at Topps wearing your Ricky Williams jersey?

Walking around WNY in Fins gear is no problem. Going to the stadium on the other hand......

I've been to several Bills/Fins games, but I go with friends and keep a low profile. Doesn't make too much sense to antagonize drunks.....

FinFaninBuffalo
10-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm surpirsed! The Dolphins have struggled beating the Bills since the 70's.

You might want to check your history. They're pretty even since 1980. The regular season records from 1980 - 2007 is 30-26 in favor of the Bills. As recently as 2005, the records were dead even at 26-26.

They have been pretty even by decade as well:

1980s - 11-9 Fins

1990s - 8-12 Bills

2000s - 7-9 Bills