• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

why is the backup QB so indestructable?

With the exception of the chiefs, it seems that when a backup QB comes in for the starter, the backup rarely gets hurt for the remainder of the season. What is it about the backup QB that makes him so much more durable than the starter?
  • Bruce is Loose
    • Jul 2002

Re: why is the backup QB so indestructable?

Charlie Batch and Damon Huard both got hurt this year I believe as backup quarterbacks - Id be curious to see what the injury/minute rate is for backups to see if its really less.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i have no stats to prove it. it was just a thought i had. It does seem that everyone worries that the starter will go down and that you need a back up. but once the starter goes down, very few people seem worried that the backup is going to get injured.

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

I think it's a "Well lightning can't strike twice" mentality. QBs are protected so much by the NFL that the chances of two being knocked out while playing for the same team has to be fairly slim. You would also think that if a team allowed a QB to be crocked for the season the OL might just give themselves a shake and step it up for the rest of the year to try and ensure it won't happen again.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍