PDA

View Full Version : Not looking good for Brady

zone
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Per ESPN had 3 procedures to try to eradicate the infection and the graft they installed may not hold up. They may need to redo the entire procedure.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8710758/Report:-Brady-has-additional-surgery-on-left-knee

Dujek
10-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Shame.

Take your time getting better Tommy.

DMBcrew36
10-23-2008, 09:50 AM
This and Rodney Harrison... talk about Patriots karma

hydro
Shame.

:snicker:

justasportsfan
Yikes! Makes you wonder if what happened to Drew will happen to Marsha minus the sb wins and Brady ending up here in buffalo. Hope it he heals.

hydro
10-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Yikes! Makes you wonder if what happened to Drew will happen to Marsha minus the sb wins and Brady ending up here in buffalo.

:no:

CUHATIN
10-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Take next year off Tom Brady!!!!!

The Spaz
10-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Sorry but I am laughing at this!!:lol::rofl:

Meathead
10-23-2008, 09:55 AM
i recommend he drink and smoke heavily while recovering from the infection

zone
10-23-2008, 09:58 AM
They were speculating that if the procedure needed to be redone that he will probably miss the start of the season.

He will not be the same right away, see Peyton.

There are also reports that the Patriots are not happy because they wanted the procedure done in Boston, but Brady insisted on doing it in LA.

Griff
10-23-2008, 10:00 AM
i recommend he drink and smoke heavily while recovering from the infection

I hear hopping around on the infected leg works well too.

ALL D
10-23-2008, 10:07 AM
his leg will fall off and then all you brady haters will feel bad...lol

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Bedard can run an amputee bang or bucks for the women and the :limp: here.

RedEyE
10-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Any time you make a deal with the devil you should check the fine print, then check it again.

Patti120
10-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Wow! That is really too bad for him. I hope he comes back and can play. Just hope he stinks it up against us!

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 10:23 AM
My father is a doctor. He had read the article about brady having an infection. And he told me that in these procedures, infections are not uncommon. but the difficulty is detecting exactly what the infection is. And doctors may have a good idea what the infection is and they'll prescribe medicine and what not and give it time, but if it's not what they expected, they do have to just redo the entire thing and that would set brady back quite a bit.

The other thing, is if this is the case that they need to redo the surgery, we all know that the year after the knee injury isn't really a great year. So this is definitely not good news in patriotland.

Historian
10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I hope his weiner falls off in the process....

dasaybz
10-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Wow, that totally blows for him. I hope he can recover from this and have some good years left.

I like watching Brady play QB, the guy is seriously incredible. You guys that are laughing at him have some of your own karma coming to you. Wishing ill will on somebody else is bad for the soul.

mchurchfie
10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Put some peroxide on it. I hope his ****ing leg falls off.:snicker:

zone
10-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Put some peroxide on it. I hope his ****ing leg falls off.:snicker:
You jest, but now they are interviewing people on ESPN saying that there is real concern that they have already required 3 cleanups to remove the infection and if they can not get it under control it can spread to the bone and that would not be good.

At this point having the surgery redone is a secondary concern to getting the infection under control.

El Guapo
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM

No, we won't feel bad.

HughC
10-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Seems to me that even if he did have to have another surgery, next season is so far away that he could still be ready. On the other hand players don't typically return to 100% from knee surgeries till their second year back, even without having to have a cleanup done. As someone else mentioned, perhaps these follow ups are not uncommon? It's not as if ESPN, FOX, etc. don't have a history of speculating and blurring the lines between truth and rumors to drive ratings.

SABURZFAN
10-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Bedard can run an amputee bang or bucks for the women and the :limp: here.

i'm sure you can't wait to vote.

mchurchfie
10-23-2008, 11:47 AM
You jest, but now they are interviewing people on ESPN saying that there is real concern that they have already required 3 cleanups to remove the infection and if they can not get it under control it can spread to the bone and that would not be good.

At this point having the surgery redone is a secondary concern to getting the infection under control.
Its my job its what I do, I'm a BZ jester. I'm sure there is always that possibility with any procedure like that. Leave it to ESPN to sensationalize it and bring out the every possibility.

DraftBoy
10-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Well I do hope they can get the infection under control no doubt. I mean that could get very serious if it spreads to his bone. There is a time to put down the hatred for the Pats and just hope the guy gets better as a person. You would think Bills fan most of would know that, because of the outpouring we have seen for Kevin Everett.

I hope Brady gets better, and that he returns to the football field at 100%.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't hope he dies, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he had to have his leg amputated with a dull, rusty hacksaw, sans anesthetic.

SABURZFAN
10-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't hope he dies, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he had to have his leg amputated with a dull, rusty hacksaw, sans anesthetic.

you are the most hated man in New England.

mybills
10-23-2008, 12:03 PM
It could compromise his ACL if they go back in. It really isn't looking good for him.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2008, 12:07 PM
It could compromise his ACL if they go back in. It really isn't looking good for him.

Not to mention the fact that it's not good for any human being to be put under anesthetic multiple times in such a short time.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 12:11 PM
I hope he ends up OK over this.

There are no athletes I want to see have their careers potentially ended/compromised due to injury like this.

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Seems to me that even if he did have to have another surgery, next season is so far away that he could still be ready. On the other hand players don't typically return to 100% from knee surgeries till their second year back, even without having to have a cleanup done. As someone else mentioned, perhaps these follow ups are not uncommon? It's not as if ESPN, FOX, etc. don't have a history of speculating and blurring the lines between truth and rumors to drive ratings.

well the clean ups is one issue, but redoing the surgery will definitely set him back.

i was happy that he got injured at the beg of the season thinking, "karma's a *****". i figured it was a standard injury that a lot of people go through in the NFL and that he'd be fine. but now the more i think about it, it really stinks, because i think the bills would have put up a good fight vs the pats this year healthy.

Also, with this news that it's on the verge of being serious and missing 2 seasons, that's a bitmuch. it's going from standard procedure to something very unique. and i do feel bad for him as a human. as a patriot i have little compassion.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 12:49 PM
i'm sure you can't wait to vote.

isn't it time for your yearly bath yet?

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Wow, that totally blows for him. I hope he can recover from this and have some good years left.

I like watching Brady play QB, the guy is seriously incredible. You guys that are laughing at him have some of your own karma coming to you. Wishing ill will on somebody else is bad for the soul.

I agree, bro, that's how it always goes in life, though. People see somebody having success and happiness and they want to knock him down, such a shame.

Typ0
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I know a little about this. They have to erradicate the infection. That is first. It's destroying the tissue they repaired him with at least and could move on to the other, healthy tissue. Depending on how long it takes to get rid of the infection they will determine when he can have the procedure done again. This really backs things up and the amount of scar tissue will make this type of procedure difficult to perform and also recover from. If he does have an infection it's not good for him and it could cause him to miss next season as well.

I don't wish bad on him because he's been such a great player though. I really hate that attitude. I like the smack talk just like the next person it's part of the competitive nature of the game. But someone works hard and they perform better than everyone else, they don't deserve hate for that.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2008, 01:05 PM
I know a little about this. They have to erradicate the infection. That is first. It's destroying the tissue they repaired him with at least and could move on to the other, healthy tissue. Depending on how long it takes to get rid of the infection they will determine when he can have the procedure done again. This really backs things up and the amount of scar tissue will make this type of procedure difficult to perform and also recover from. If he does have an infection it's not good for him and it could cause him to miss next season as well.

I don't wish bad on him because he's been such a great player though. I really hate that attitude. I like the smack talk just like the next person it's part of the competitive nature of the game. But someone works hard and they perform better than everyone else, they don't deserve hate for that.

Exactly, us Bills fans are too classy for that. :bf1:

camelcowboy
10-23-2008, 01:23 PM
walk it off marsha, it's mearly a flesh wound.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Yikes! Makes you wonder if what happened to Drew will happen to Marsha minus the sb wins and Brady ending up here in buffalo. Hope it he heals.

As log said Trent is our Tom Brady just less gay.

Ingtar33
10-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Brady had an outside doc do the work, and the outside doc messed it up.

he might have endangered his career going to a quack his family knew rather then an expert.

this is a horrible story... i can't remember the last time a player had this much problem from what was really a simple knee op.

they're talking about how it's still might be infected too... this is getting very serious for both his career and his health.

as much as i can't stand watching Tom Brady torch us every year... this is the last thing i ever wanted to see. keep him in our prayers.

TheBrownBear
10-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I have to admit I'm feeling bad for the guy. No one wants to see this kind of stuff happen to anyone (outside of say, vicious criminals).

HHURRICANE
10-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Brady's knee is getting worse. The infection is not good!!

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
so inside that there are already 2 threads about it?

HHURRICANE
10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Brady's knee is getting worse. The infection is not good!!

So we don't go through what we go through every time. No I'm not giving up my source but let's just say he's worked with Brady's doctors!!

TigerJ
10-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Jim Rome must be right then, or was it Colin Cowherd?

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Here's a photo that was leaked of HH's source:

http://www.selfnoise.net/blog/363px-Dr_Nick.png

gr8slayer
10-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Congratulations, you're "breaking" a story that was posted by the Boston Herald at 3:15 this morning.

What a joke...

yordad
10-23-2008, 03:26 PM
So we don't go through what we go through every time. No I'm not giving up my source but let's just say he's worked with Brady's doctors!!Billswin works with Brady's doctor? I though he was still in school. And, I though Brady visited an L.A. doctor.

streetkings01
10-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Its been on ESPN since 10am!(shaking head)

streetkings01
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I got an inside scoop....this thread sucks!

Pinkerton Security
10-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Its been on ESPN since 10am!(shaking head)

ya i was gonna say, this has been on espn for quite a while, and lord knows they are the last people in the world to know about it.

BillsWin
10-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Billswin works with Brady's doctor? I though he was still in school. And, I though Brady visited an L.A. doctor.

Well I was in pre med for my first semester ;)

No, Im not the source this time.

Only count me on being a source during draft day and free agency as I intern at a sports radio station affiliated with ESPN and the NCAA (and will leak any info I get).

I did report a story I heard on the sister station to the one I work at this morning.

It is becoming more and more likely that Brady will miss next season too.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Is HH for real? Even my girlfriend sent me a link about this at like noon.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2008, 03:34 PM
so inside that there are already 2 threads about it?

Didn't see the other posts, don't really care, but it's way worse than what's being reported.

BlackMetalNinja
10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Yay, you broke a story that I've heard on every major media outlet already today... once again, smartest poster ever!

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Didn't see the other posts, don't really care, but it's way worse than what's being reported.

That would not surprise me at all. Often things like this are.

If the damage is to extreme, it could be career ending.

BillsWin
10-23-2008, 03:36 PM

If news doesnt break tonight, Ill probably hear about it at work tomorrow morning. If it really is worse, then the director will get word of it and Ill find out. But I cant do anything about Brady rumors tonight, Im off... :D

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Ok man that is fine but what do you mean by way worse? The reports I am reading state that it is unlikely Brady will play next year and that a second full surgery is needed. I have also read that even a 2nd full surgery is in jeapordy of not working.

cocamide
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
In other breaking news, America has been attacked this morning by radical Muslims, crashing two planes into the World Trade Center buildings and the Pentagon.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Is HH for real? Even my girlfriend sent me a link about this at like noon.

My friend isn't a reporter. He knows the people working on Brady because he went to school with them. But if you think your girlfriend has better intel than all the power to you.

BillsWin
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM
In other breaking news, America has been attacked this morning by radical Muslims, crashing two planes into the World Trade Center buildings and the Pentagon.

still too soon for 9-11 jokes...

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 03:41 PM
while HH may not have broken t he story on BZ, if he has a source close to the medical team saying it's not good, i'd just thank him for that knowledge if it is actually true.

I think the medical community would tell the average person that a second surgery for the same issue isnt a good thing. and i think the average person would start to worry that something bigger is going on.

i do feel bad for brady and his family. this has to be frustrating and worrisome.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
My friend isn't a reporter. He knows the people working on Brady because he went to school with them. But if you think your girlfriend has better intel than all the power to you.
Read my next post.

gil
10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
You know, I might have wished for Brady to have his parachute not open... Maybe have him get caught in the gears of a combine...have his junk bit off by a Laplander...

But I draw the line at rooting for an infection due to complications from reconstructive surgery.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Ok man that is fine but what do you mean by way worse? The reports I am reading state that it is unlikely Brady will play next year and that a second full surgery is needed. I have also read that even a 2nd full surgery is in jeapordy of not working.

I was told that there was already significant cartlidge damage. Whatever that means?!

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Brady had an outside doc do the work, and the outside doc messed it up.

he might have endangered his career going to a quack his family knew rather then an expert.

this is a horrible story... i can't remember the last time a player had this much problem from what was really a simple knee op.

they're talking about how it's still might be infected too... this is getting very serious for both his career and his health.

as much as i can't stand watching Tom Brady torch us every year... this is the last thing i ever wanted to see. keep him in our prayers.

nothing suggests that the doctor messed up the procedure. these infections happen fairly regularly and if diagnosed properly isn't an issue. a problem today is that the infections can be resistent to certain types of antibotics and detecting them can be hard. This seems to be the case for brady.

This is just unfortunate luck for Brady.

bigbub2352
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
i hope they have to amputate, karma is a ***** for the cheaters

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I was told that there was already significant cartlidge damage. Whatever that means?!
Well that is pretty much exactly what the reports say, BUT is that meaning worse than having to do a full new surgery, and he would have to retire or something like that?

X-Era
10-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Congratulations, you're "breaking" a story that was posted by the Boston Herald at 3:15 this morning.

What a joke...

Why the harshness?

Ohh my god, you mean a guy on a message board posted seomthing that may be already known?

I guess you get what you pay for.

We take ourselves a bit seriously sometimes.

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 03:52 PM
i wonder what the worst case scenario is. Is it that he just needs to redo the surgery and that it'll take more time to heal, or is there something really doomsdayish about it like not being able to get a proper ACL reconstruction completed or amputation? I don't know, but i wonder how awful awful is.

if he can live a normal life but can't play football, that's significantly better than an amputation.

X-Era
10-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Well that is pretty much exactly what the reports say, BUT is that meaning worse than having to do a full new surgery, and he would have to retire or something like that?
It may mean he has degenerating knees. That means his career is in jeopardy.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 03:54 PM
DAMN RIGHT WE DO

BillsWin
10-23-2008, 03:56 PM

Ok, I just called my boss and here is the info we have at the moment.

Brady wasnt susposed to have surgery or procedures done outside of Boston and NE Patriot affiliated doctors.
Brady went to California to have the surgery done.
The ligament Graft became infected.
The doctors thought they had cleaned out the infection
The doctors are worried the infection is more severe and they may have to remove the whole ligament graft.
If they chose to do so, Brady will have to wait 6 months to see if the infection left with the graft.
After 6 months he may be allowed to retry the entire ligament graft again. Thus pushing back his recovery date and making him miss all of next season.
NO WORD YET ON ANY INCREASED POTENTIAL PROBLEMS OTHER THAN THE GRAFT BEING INFECTED MORE THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT.Thats what my boss (a producer at the station) said is the only info we have. Take it for what its worth.

He said if anything changes he'd call me if he isn't busy.

X-Era
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
DAMN RIGHT WE DO

When lives start to be in jeopardy, or when the posters here are paid to post only factual or original information, then I think we should take our "jobs" a bit seriously.

Until then this is just a bunch of people talking about football.

I mean come on!

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
HH knows the actual doctors man.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 03:59 PM
When lives start to be in jeopardy, or when the posters here are paid to post only factual or original information, then I think we should take our "jobs" a bit seriously.

Until then this is just a bunch of people talking about football.

I mean come on!
NO YOU COME ON...

Pinkerton Security
10-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I have to say something - I ALMOST want to feel bad for Tom Brady. Not bad for him, but he obviously loves the game and works pretty hard at it, and it sucks to see someone be robbed of something they love. That being said, at least he still has plenty of his other love left...male genital parts.

X-Era
10-23-2008, 04:00 PM

Uhhh, yeah....

Even I wont go that far.

X-Era
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Shame.

Yes, get better... far away from the football field.

Take as long as you like.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Dang you are a hard core mother ****er.

X-Era
10-23-2008, 04:04 PM
NO YOU COME ON...
My dad can kick you dads ass...

Who can piss farther...

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2008, 04:04 PM
My dad can kick you dads ass...

Who can piss farther:

:piss:
LOL

BillsWin
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
THATHURMANA--> :btm::zapper:<-- EdwardsEra

Mr. Pink
10-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Likely a staph infection.

Other athletes have gotten them and haven't missed an entire season because of them.

To expect Brady not to be able to play next year is highly over-optimistic.

X-Era
10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
THATHURMANA--> :btm::zapper:<-- EdwardsEra

No its this:

:monkeyp:

raphael120
10-23-2008, 04:40 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

Super secret sources say we won the Chargers game last Sunday! Don't tell anyone! Pass it on! Shhhh.....!

BillsWin
10-23-2008, 04:41 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

Super secret sources say we won the Chargers game last Sunday! Don't tell anyone! Pass it on! Shhhh.....!

I too have heard these rumors...

shelby
10-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Why the harshness?

Ohh my god, you mean a guy on a message board posted seomthing that may be already known?

I guess you get what you pay for.

Very good posting.

i wish Brady a speedy recovery. i don't like him as the QB of a division rival, but i don't wish injury or serious infection on anyone.

casdhf
10-23-2008, 05:11 PM
:pray: (for injury or serious infection)

Michael82
10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Maybe he should have stuck with Dr. James Andrews..... :doh:

Mad Bomber
10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
As much as I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots, I NEVER like to hear about someone getting an infection like this. This could end his career (which would not bother me) and actually become VERY serious....bone infection, sepsis....those are serious things. I hope he gets better.

ajsdx
10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
nothing suggests that the doctor messed up the procedure. these infections happen fairly regularly and if diagnosed properly isn't an issue. a problem today is that the infections can be resistent to certain types of antibotics and detecting them can be hard. This seems to be the case for brady.

This is just unfortunate luck for Brady.

It doesn't absolutely suggest that the doc did something grossly wrong, but this is not good (as many others have pointed out). Yes, surgical site infections in general are not uncommon, but SSIs specifically after an ACL repair are pretty rare. Also, the issue is not that the bacteria are resistant. The issue is that ligaments and joints spaces are relatively avascular, so antibiotics don't work as well. This allows the infection to fester and linger...

Michael82
10-23-2008, 08:09 PM
This does suck. I was hoping he would come back and not be as good as he used to be, but still be able to play against us. I had fun rooting against him and loved watching him play when he wasn't playing us.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Brady is one of the best to ever play the game (I hate that)
By all accounts he is a stand up guy (I hate that)
alot of creeps in the league, and brady is not one of them (I hate that)
I hope he mends and can play again... the man deserves to make a living
I just hope he does not win any more SBs ( Id really hate that!)

Turf
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Pure jealousy echoed on board here. And it sucks. Juvenile.
I don't wish harm on anyone, and I'd rather beat him at his best.
He's the best ****ing QB in the last 10-20 years, deal with it. Just because he's not YOURS doesn't change it.
If Trent ever achieves the success he has, I hope nothing bad happens to him either. But this sentiment on this board that you hope his leg falls off is just shows what kind of useless *******s you are.
Which is why only about 15 of you ever post anything and everyone else just gleens the board for news and updates.
****ing idiots.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I hope he recovers fully, and his pecker falls off.

SABURZFAN
10-24-2008, 09:50 AM
isn't it time for your yearly bath yet?

no. showers are just fine. :rolleyes:

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2008, 10:54 AM
HH knows the actual doctors man.

HH tells me the surgery was performed by a Dr. Frankenstein.

mercyrule
03-22-2009, 08:34 PM
How is Brady recovering anyway?

SquishDaFish
03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Reports are that he will be ready and fine for the season

mercyrule
03-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I guess he's fine enough to get a week 1 Monday night football game.

TigerJ
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Brady is fine.

JD
03-24-2009, 11:33 AM
I hope Peters takes out his leg :up:

mercyrule
03-24-2009, 03:52 PM
How juvenile, JD.

I like it.

yordad
03-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I hope Peters takes out his leg :up:How would Peters take out Brady's leg? Pregame warmups?

Edit: From at home on his couch?