• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

I was listening to my local sports station

I always listen to the new jox on my way to classes and work (I have just started working there as an intern. Will get paid salary after 6 months.) They are very respected around oklahoma and the nation as being a good source of sports information and are an affiliate of ESPN Radio.

This morning they got info that Tom Brady may need to remove the ligament graff in his knee. Wait 6 months, then put a new one in. If this happens he will most likely have to miss next season to rehab.

This is crazy. I never wish ill on an NFL player, and as much as I hate the guy... I would never want this to happen to anyone.

And I really hate Brady.

Imagine the comeback countdown that ESPN will do for Brady.

But the fact of the matter is that to comeback from this in the same form as before is a slim to none chance.

This is the Bills chance to possible establish a new era in the AFC and become the new dynasty of the AFC East.

It just sucks that it took an injury to push us over the edge.

(But it is also noteworthy that we are 5-1 without playing the pats a single time, so its also us being good that is working in our favor.)
    Last edited by BillsWin; 10-23-2008, 03:33 PM.
    I am The Batman.
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: I was listening to my local sports station

I don't feel bad whatsoever. The guy has 3 SuperBowl rings, a model as his girlfriend, and all the money he will ever need in his life. Good riddance!!!

Comment

• Hyperion
      • Sep 2008

Even though the Patriots aren't in the division of my team, I've developed an extremely unhealthy level of hatred for them. I'm glad Brady is hurt for another year, it's good for me and the NFL.

**** the Cheats, they deserve every bad thing that happens to them as long as Kraft and Bellichick are there.
      Titans fan. Phillies fan. Predators fan. Tennessee Vols fan.

Comment

• CUHATIN
        • Aug 2008

A injury didnt push us over the edge???
        We would still be 5 and 1!!!

CUHATIN (4) bunnerjk (4) syracuse76 (2)

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Eh that kinda sucks man. I can't be happy for the guy to miss 2 full years.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by CUHATIN
            A injury didnt push us over the edge???
            We would still be 5 and 1!!!
            Read my post. I mention that. I just think it helps us later when we play them.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

He and the rest of the Patriots are getting what they had coming. Years of arrogance and cheating are finally catching up to them.

I just hope his first game back isn't against the Bills, regardless of when he returns. I still get nauseous when I think of the love-fest ESPN threw at Bruschi when he came back against us a couple years ago. He didn't make any tackles, sacks or INT's so ESPN even made up a new stat for him: "Hits". They were tracking the number of times he made physical contact with another player IN A FOOTBALL GAME.

It will only be worse with Brady.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
                • Feb 2005

Honestly, I wish he were back next year, so Trent could have a chance to play against the best QB. I don't want people to always say: "we only won those games because Brady was injured those years."

I dislike Brady cuz he is so successful while the Bills suffered, but I don't hate him. But I HATE Bill Belichick. He's the culprit of all this dishonesty.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

The Soxs get knocked out of the POs now this, priceless.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                    Honestly, I wish he were back next year, so Trent could have a chance to play against the best QB. I don't want people to always say: "we only won those games because Brady was injured those years."
                    Meh.

I'm not convinced we'll beat them without Brady, let alone after his return. But it really doesn't matter. They owned us for 5 years, arguably longer, with the exception of 1 game. No one's going to forget that, even if Trent starts beating them now. We owned them in the Levy/Kelly years. That's how it goes in sports.

I'm just so sick of losing to them. If we can't beat them with Belicheck/Brady, so be it, as long as the Belicheck/Brady era ends sooner rather than later. I just want to beat them, with or without those guys.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Meh.

I'm not convinced we'll beat them without Brady, let alone after his return. But it really doesn't matter. They owned us for 5 years, arguably longer, with the exception of 1 game. No one's going to forget that, even if Trent starts beating them now. We owned them in the Levy/Kelly years. That's how it goes in sports.

I'm just so sick of losing to them. If we can't beat them with Belicheck/Brady, so be it, as long as the Belicheck/Brady era ends sooner rather than later. I just want to beat them, with or without those guys.
                      I didn't say we will beat them with Brady, but I still want Trent to have an opportunity next year. Trent will be even better next year than he is now, IMO.

With Brady, they are still an elite team, and probably the best in the NFL. If Trent can beat that team, it's quite an accomplishment.

By the way: I think we split with the Patriots this year (home and home).

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Clearly he can no longer provide for Gisselle and she needs to come to papa.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          Clearly he can no longer provide for Gisselle and she needs to come to papa.
                          her body is smoking but her face is kinda ugly, plus being Tom Brady's sloppy seconds is a major turn-off.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

her body is smoking but her face is kinda ugly, plus being Tom Brady's sloppy seconds is a major turn-off.
                            Yeah, she probably can't even get picked up by a nascar driver now.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

but her face is kinda ugly
                              so is Brady's
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X