PDA

View Full Version : Edwards radio praise

billser
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
schleret and wingo on espn radio were praising edwards this morning...schleret once again made the claim that "he throws best deep ball in the league." Wingo said that "he is beyond solid, he's going to be something special." Each praised him for over a minute and picked Bills over Phins!

Mr. Miyagi
10-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh no. Is Edwards the new Brady? :ill:

billsburgh
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
schleret and wingo on espn radio were praising edwards this morning...schleret once again made the claim that "he throws best deep ball in the league." Wingo said that "he is beyond solid, he's going to be something special." Each praised him for over a minute and picked Bills over Phins!
no room on the bandwagon for them.

BAM
10-23-2008, 12:40 PM

My wife asked me the other night. "He's going to be the next Tom Brady isn't he?"

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:41 PM
He doesn't even throw the best deep ball on the team, let alone the league.

Don't get me wrong- I like Edwards, he's playing extremely well and I think he's refuted the myth that he has a weak arm. And I'm glad he's on the field and not JP.

But when these national media guys say stuff like this, it just shows that they have their heads up their asses. JP is not a better QB than Edwards, but he does throw a better deep ball.

BAM
10-23-2008, 12:43 PM
I think Edwards is showing he's more accurate at throwing the deep ball though. JP could definitely still throw it farther though.

Mr. Miyagi
My wife asked me the other night. "He's going to be the next Tom Brady isn't he?"
I hope not. Edwards is the man, sure. But all the Brady type butt-loving from ESPN is very nauseating. :puke:

justasportsfan

Don't get me wrong- I like Edwards, he's playing extremely well and I think he's refuted the myth that he has a weak arm. And I'm glad he's on the field and not JP.

But when these national media guys say stuff like this, it just shows that they have their heads up their asses. JP is not a better QB than Edwards, but he does throw a better deep ball. it's his opinion just like you have yours .

billser

Oh, and i forgot to mention, Trent was on show two days ago and guy introduced him as "one great looking guy" ....seems like he's on his way to being new Tom Brady

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
it's his opinion just like you have yours .

well, his opinion is not supported by the evidence.

Mr. Miyagi
10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh, and i forgot to mention, Trent was on show two days ago and guy introduced him as "one great looking guy" ....seems like he's on his way to being new Tom Brady
Trent is a good looking guy? I don't see it.

Mitchell55
10-23-2008, 12:46 PM

But when these national media guys say stuff like this, it just shows that they have their heads up their asses. JP is not a better QB than Edwards, but he does throw a better deep ball.

Your a idiot. Trent can throw as far as alot of QBs and is accurate. Every deep pass he has ever thrown was perfect and never under or overthrown.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Your a idiot. Trent can throw as far as alot of QBs and is accurate. Every deep pass he has ever thrown was perfect and never under or overthrown.

"Your a idiot"? If you're going to call someone else an idiot, at least learn some grammar and punctuation first.

And every deep pass Edwards has thrown has NOT been perfect. I remember a couple times this season where Evans had to slow down to catch a ball from Trent and it cost him some YAC.

Mitchell55
10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
"Your a idiot"? If you're going to call someone else an idiot, at least learn some grammar and punctuation first.

And every deep pass Edwards has thrown has NOT been perfect. I remember a couple times this season where Evans had to slow down to catch a ball from Trent and it cost him some YAC.

Each one was in his 2nd or 3rd game. Also if you have noticed, ever deep ball this year from Edwards had to be a perfect pass. Each one was in double coverage. I understand 100% what the radio guys were talking about.

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 12:50 PM

Man, Op, you're on a roll these days. normally i see where you are coming from, but you're losing me a little :-)

trent's long ball is well timed, very accurate, and he get can it out under normal conditions. Losman's long ball, while longer, tends to take longer to develop because he likes to see that extra step of separation. So Losman tends to get sacked more as a result as he waits for things to show up. Trent puts it on the money for 20+ gains in about the same throwing window as his short passes. it makes him a little more dangerous.

I get that you're not saying, let's start JP, but i don't get the point of saying JP does it better. If i had to pick a QB for the NFL QB challenege for the distance throw, i'd definitely take JP. But if i had to evaluate a guy's long ball in a standard 4-5 second window, i'd pick trent.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
well, his opinion is not supported by the evidence.

haha! The same can be said by your opinions on other subjects.

Mitchell55
10-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Man, Op, you're on a roll these days. normally i see where you are coming from, but you're losing me a little :-)

trent's long ball is well timed, very accurate, and he get can it out under normal conditions. Losman's long ball, while longer, tends to take longer to develop because he likes to see that extra step of separation. So Losman tends to get sacked more as a result as he waits for things to show up. Trent puts it on the money for 20+ gains in about the same throwing window as his short passes. it makes him a little more dangerous.

I get that you're not saying, let's start JP, but i don't get the point of saying JP does it better. If i had to pick a QB for the NFL QB challenege for the distance throw, i'd definitely take JP. But if i had to evaluate a guy's long ball in a standard 4-5 second window, i'd pick trent.

I know, he seems to think long ball is only distance. It is a mix of alot of different things.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Look, I'm not saying Trent throws a bad long ball, but he doesn't always hit the receivers in stride beyond a certain distance and he doesn't throw it as far as Losman.

I understand what you're saying- JP's long ball usually takes extraordinary OL protection or some scrambling to buy time. That's why Edwards is the better QB overall- he can get the ball out in normal conditions whereas JP can't. But when it comes to the long ball only, I think JP is better.

I'm not even criticizing Trent here- I'm just saying that it's inaccurate to say he has the best long ball in the league.

OpIv37
10-23-2008, 12:58 PM
haha! The same can be said by your opinions on other subjects.

wrong. You just ignore evidence that you don't like.

trapezeus
10-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Look, I'm not saying Trent throws a bad long ball, but he doesn't always hit the receivers in stride beyond a certain distance and he doesn't throw it as far as Losman.

I understand what you're saying- JP's long ball usually takes extraordinary OL protection or some scrambling to buy time. That's why Edwards is the better QB overall- he can get the ball out in normal conditions whereas JP can't. But when it comes to the long ball only, I think JP is better.

I'm not even criticizing Trent here- I'm just saying that it's inaccurate to say he has the best long ball in the league.

who knows what the guy's intent was, but i think he means it from a "he can get the ball to the receiver without playing all his cards." He disguises those long passes better than most QB's. You know when most QB's are thinking long once the play starts. often times on the edwards long pass, it looks like it's a regular play. That makes his long ball one of the best in the league.

I don't see the point of sportscasters just talking about the distance that he can throw it. it doesn't make sense.

Pride
10-23-2008, 01:15 PM
I'll bite...

The only difference between Trent's Long Ball and JP's is that JP delivers the ball to the WR in stride where as Trent delivers it to the body or via a jump ball.

We're talking about a matter of 6 feet. This is something that simply needs to be learned (to lead your WR and trust he'll catch it) rather than "putting it on the numbers".

That is the diff between a 36 yard catch and an 87 yard TD.

justasportsfan
10-23-2008, 01:18 PM
both JP and Trent suck. It's all Evans. Better?

Mitchell55
10-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Lets put it this way, JP can throw it in stride to a open reciever, Trent can get the long ball to a reciever even if hes covered, just not always in stride.

ublinkwescore
10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
I hope not. Edwards is the man, sure. But all the Brady type butt-loving from ESPN is very nauseating. :puke:

Well, I for one would rather see all the nauseating butt-loving be about Edwards rather than Brady.

madness
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
It seems ppl wants to reference it as only when the QB steps back and throws it as hard as he can a la JP.

I don't see it that way. I see it as an accurate pass around 20 yards or more whether in stride or between traffic. Parrish's catch last week, I think, is prime example of TE's talents.

He had to drop in over Cromartie but get it there fast enough to beat the safety. I can't name more then 10 QB's that could make that throw on a regular basis.

Mitchell55
10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
It seems ppl wants to reference it as only when the QB steps back and throws it as hard as he can a la JP.

I don't see it that way. I see it as an accurate pass around 20 yards or more whether in stride or between traffic. Parrish's catch last week, I think, is prime example of TE's talents.

He had to drop in over Cromartie but get it there fast enough to beat the safety. I can't name more then 10 QB's that could make that throw on a regular basis.

It was Evans with that catch I think.

madness
10-23-2008, 01:44 PM
It was Evans with that catch I think.

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>1-15-SD 36 </TD><TD class=downText>(1:45) 5-T.Edwards pass deep left to 11-R.Parrish to SD 14 for 22 yards (31-A.Cromartie). Caught near sideline at SD 17. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:up:

mayotm
10-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Your a idiot. Trent can throw as far as alot of QBs and is accurate. Every deep pass he has ever thrown was perfect and never under or overthrown.I've wanted to call Op something not so nice on numerous occassions. I rarely agree with much he posts. However, I don't think he's an idiot.

yordad
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Trents long ball isn't the best in the league.

JPs long ball is better.

Schlarth (sp) is the idiot, not OP.

shelby
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Just a friendly reminder....personal attacks are a TOS violation.

Calling another poster an idiot is a personal attack.

Any questions?

Joe Fo Sho
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Trents long ball isn't the best in the league.

JPs long ball is better.

Schlarth (sp) is the idiot, not OP.

I couldn't agree more, JP throws a very nice long ball. Trent has that little 20-30 yard lob over the shoulder that is placed near perfectly most of the time.

When I think of the "long" ball, I think of a throw that is about 45-50 yards in the air. You can't be the best long ball passer in the league when your long on the season is 49 yards....

dominizzo
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Who cares what these fools think. Your QB can't even stay healthy more than two games.

Henne >>>>>> Edwards

Joe Fo Sho
10-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Who cares what these fools think. Your QB can't even stay healthy more than two games.

Henne >>>>>> Edwards

Seems to me that Henne isn't even better than noodle arm pennington

What ever happened to your second round QB....What's his face???

nostyle126
10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
First off, let me start by saying that Edwards DOMINATES Losman when it comes to short and mid-range passes. The only debate even worth having is on long throws.

Having said that, Losman has the stronger overall arm, but Edwards still places the ball better. Think back to that huge third down throw to Evans late in the Jacksonville game. That throw was INCREDIBLY accurate, and I would not trust Losman to make that throw.

Now, if a receiver gets wide open (i.e. Evans against Arizona) then Losman can heave the ball as far as anyone in the league, but when you need an accurate deep ball in tight coverage, Edwards still delivers that ball better than Losman can.

Mad Bomber
10-23-2008, 07:49 PM
And every deep pass Edwards has thrown has NOT been perfect. I remember a couple times this season where Evans had to slow down to catch a ball from Trent and it cost him some YAC. Who in the history of the NFL has thrown every deep pass perfectly? I guess the only way to make you happy is to have him throw 100% completions on passes over 30 yards. Anything else just plain sucks.

Deep passes are low percentage passes. Most times, an underthrow, where the receiver has to slow down to catch it, is MUCH better than an overthrow where he doesn't reach it. Not every long ball is a perfectly thrown ball where the receiver catches it in stride and waltzes into the end zone. Trent has had some really clutch long balls to Evans this year.

Op, people call you negative, a hater, a cynic. I don't believe that. You're a perfectionist, and won't be happy with anything less than PERFECTION (your post I quoted above is some pretty solid evidence supporting that). The problem with perfectionists is that they will NEVER be happy. That's my take on why you're so miserable about our 5-1 start.

yordad
10-23-2008, 09:39 PM
I think that Payton Manning guy is still in the league.

jamze132
10-24-2008, 05:24 AM
It is purely debateable that TE has the best long ball in the league. We can argue back and forth until he retires and never have 100% of people on board one way or the other.

jamze132
10-24-2008, 05:28 AM
If Edwards is the next Brady, we should enjoy some Super Bowl victories in the near future. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill.

But you have to admit, the national media is riding shotgun on the Edwards bandwagon right now. It's nice to get some positve publicity for Buffalo instead of all the moving crap. And if TE turns out to be the real deal and we start winning playoff games and a SB, a new owner more than likely isn't going to want to move considering the type of fans Buffalo has and they atmosphere created on gameday.

Philagape
10-24-2008, 08:02 AM
I'll bite...

The only difference between Trent's Long Ball and JP's is that JP delivers the ball to the WR in stride where as Trent delivers it to the body or via a jump ball.

We're talking about a matter of 6 feet. This is something that simply needs to be learned (to lead your WR and trust he'll catch it) rather than "putting it on the numbers".

That is the diff between a 36 yard catch and an 87 yard TD.

JP's in-stride rate is no better than Trent's and probably worse. The one against Arizona was his first one in stride since 2006. Trent has hit at least two since then (vs. Miami and the Rams).

Bruce is Loose
10-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Trent is a good looking guy? I don't see it.
My wife thinks that Edwards is hot... shes not even a Bills fan.

don137
10-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Trey Wingo does a 30 minute piece every Friday on the local sports radio station here in Charlotte. He just was gushing praise towards Edwards saying how he is the next great QB in this league.

dasaybz
10-24-2008, 09:44 AM

I'll take Trent's long ball over JP's long ball any day of the week.

You're a fool if you think JP has a better long ball.

dasaybz
10-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Listen, just because JP's only weapon in his arsenal is the long ball, it doesn't mean it's the best on his team. Dude can't do anything else right except throw the long ball, so it makes it look like he's good at it.