X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billser
    • Oct 2007

Edwards radio praise

schleret and wingo on espn radio were praising edwards this morning...schleret once again made the claim that "he throws best deep ball in the league." Wingo said that "he is beyond solid, he's going to be something special." Each praised him for over a minute and picked Bills over Phins!
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Edwards radio praise

Oh no. Is Edwards the new Brady?

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by billser
      schleret and wingo on espn radio were praising edwards this morning...schleret once again made the claim that "he throws best deep ball in the league." Wingo said that "he is beyond solid, he's going to be something special." Each praised him for over a minute and picked Bills over Phins!
      no room on the bandwagon for them.

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        My wife asked me the other night. "He's going to be the next Tom Brady isn't he?"

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

He doesn't even throw the best deep ball on the team, let alone the league.

Don't get me wrong- I like Edwards, he's playing extremely well and I think he's refuted the myth that he has a weak arm. And I'm glad he's on the field and not JP.

But when these national media guys say stuff like this, it just shows that they have their heads up their asses. JP is not a better QB than Edwards, but he does throw a better deep ball.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

I think Edwards is showing he's more accurate at throwing the deep ball though. JP could definitely still throw it farther though.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
              My wife asked me the other night. "He's going to be the next Tom Brady isn't he?"
              I hope not. Edwards is the man, sure. But all the Brady type butt-loving from ESPN is very nauseating.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

Don't get me wrong- I like Edwards, he's playing extremely well and I think he's refuted the myth that he has a weak arm. And I'm glad he's on the field and not JP.

But when these national media guys say stuff like this, it just shows that they have their heads up their asses. JP is not a better QB than Edwards, but he does throw a better deep ball.
                it's his opinion just like you have yours .
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• billser
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Oh, and i forgot to mention, Trent was on show two days ago and guy introduced him as "one great looking guy" ....seems like he's on his way to being new Tom Brady

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    it's his opinion just like you have yours .
                    well, his opinion is not supported by the evidence.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by billser
                      Oh, and i forgot to mention, Trent was on show two days ago and guy introduced him as "one great looking guy" ....seems like he's on his way to being new Tom Brady
                      Trent is a good looking guy? I don't see it.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                        • Feb 2008

Your a idiot. Trent can throw as far as alot of QBs and is accurate. Every deep pass he has ever thrown was perfect and never under or overthrown.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                          Your a idiot. Trent can throw as far as alot of QBs and is accurate. Every deep pass he has ever thrown was perfect and never under or overthrown.
                          "Your a idiot"? If you're going to call someone else an idiot, at least learn some grammar and punctuation first.

And every deep pass Edwards has thrown has NOT been perfect. I remember a couple times this season where Evans had to slow down to catch a ball from Trent and it cost him some YAC.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                            • Feb 2008

"Your a idiot"? If you're going to call someone else an idiot, at least learn some grammar and punctuation first.

And every deep pass Edwards has thrown has NOT been perfect. I remember a couple times this season where Evans had to slow down to catch a ball from Trent and it cost him some YAC.

Each one was in his 2nd or 3rd game. Also if you have noticed, ever deep ball this year from Edwards had to be a perfect pass. Each one was in double coverage. I understand 100% what the radio guys were talking about.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Man, Op, you're on a roll these days. normally i see where you are coming from, but you're losing me a little :-)

trent's long ball is well timed, very accurate, and he get can it out under normal conditions. Losman's long ball, while longer, tends to take longer to develop because he likes to see that extra step of separation. So Losman tends to get sacked more as a result as he waits for things to show up. Trent puts it on the money for 20+ gains in about the same throwing window as his short passes. it makes him a little more dangerous.

I get that you're not saying, let's start JP, but i don't get the point of saying JP does it better. If i had to pick a QB for the NFL QB challenege for the distance throw, i'd definitely take JP. But if i had to evaluate a guy's long ball in a standard 4-5 second window, i'd pick trent.

Comment

Working...
                              X