PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters

patmoran2006
10-24-2008, 08:44 AM
After some obvious rust the first month of the season, as well as probably some bitterness (in his mind anyway) towards not getting a new deal, Jason Peters finally had his kind of game against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Diego</st1:place></st1:City>. I thought he was borderline dominating again, about 95% of his old self.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Id like to see this continue and progress. When he’s the way he should be, there aren’t many better OL in the league than him. He’ll be a big key late into the season.<o:p></o:p>

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2008, 08:45 AM
I said a couple of times: as great as Edwards was, Peters might have been the best player on the field Sunday.

patmoran2006
10-24-2008, 08:49 AM
lets hope it continues.. I've called him the best player on the team since last Winter and he's made that statement look foolish, before Sunday.

I think he's shaking that mental bitterness off and just playing ball again.. hopefully anyway

Saratoga Slim
10-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Peters did play great--and the rest of the OL kept pace against the Chargers. Trent provided some good incentive for them to keep doing it--"wow, if we give our QB time to throw, he completes like 83% of his passes and we win."

billsburgh
10-24-2008, 09:17 AM
It was just his sixth or seventh week of football since last December. A little more than the length of time of time of training camp. He must be finally getting in "football shape" and up to speed with the rest of the offense

cocamide
10-24-2008, 09:17 AM
When we get to the goalline, we need to make him an eligible receiver and get him a TD reception.

MikeInRoch
10-24-2008, 09:36 AM
He already has an NFL touchdown, ya know...

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2008, 09:37 AM
He has two, in fact.

MikeInRoch
10-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Silly me. I forgot the receiving one...

madness
10-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Only six games to shake off the rust and play up to his normal standards. That was well worth holding out. :rolleyes:

Just think...the ***** might have been rich by now too.

madness :hi5: Evans

TheMan08
10-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Why so negative Madness. You hold a grudge.

jimbohastle51
10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
After some obvious rust the first month of the season, as well as probably some bitterness (in his mind anyway) towards not getting a new deal, Jason Peters finally had his kind of game against <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Diego</st1:place></st1:city>. I thought he was borderline dominating again, about 95% of his old self.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Id like to see this continue and progress. When he’s the way he should be, there aren’t many better OL in the league than him. He’ll be a big key late into the season.<o:p></o:p>

yes he will and he'll be the biggest signing in the offseason for us so he needs to earn that money right now!

madness
10-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Why so negative Madness. You hold a grudge.

No, I'm glad he's back to his normal playing self... just still pissed how he handled the situation. He was one of my favorite players mainly because of hard he worked to get where he is and how he carried himself as a person and a player. He threw all that under the bus and could have been a liabilty to the team all because of a greedy agent.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Silly me. I forgot the receiving one...

How can anyone forget the great JP Losman first career Touchdown pass.

Shame on you.

Buffalogic
10-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I remember the pass...we ran it with him too? lol