PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Exclusive: Devin's Bold Picks

shelby
10-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Enjoy!

After having a rough week two weeks ago, I decided a drastic change was due in the way I was making my picks. I said I wanted to hold myself accountable for my power rankings (that are released every Tuesday morning on Billszone.com). Instead of just defending myself from the mindless bashing of the message board experts, I wanted to put my money where my mouth is, and use my rankings in order to make my picks.

One week into this little experiment, I feel as if I’ve made the right choice. I rebounded nicely to go 9-5 last week, and climbed near the top of the leader board once again. I’d still prefer to do a little better than just 9 wins, but after having just 4 in the previous week, I’d say that was a nice turnaround, and a sign of things to come. Much like the Bills, this is going to be an important stretch for me if I want to come out of the regular season on top. Along with my picks, I’m going to add my power ranking numbers in parenthesis, so if someone didn’t read the rankings they still know where I stand. And with that, away we go!

Tampa Bay (4) @ Dallas (13)
- I’m not 100% sold on Tampa Bay just yet, because they still have a tendency to win ugly; however, Dallas looked horrible without the great Tony Romo at QB, and I don’t see them getting much better this week. Brad Johnson is going to be under extreme pressure from the Tampa Bay defense, and the Bucs should win a close one.

Washington (6) @ Detroit (32)
- This is one of those games where I wish I had the entire Redskins offense on every one of my fantasy teams. The Lions are an absolute mess right now, and things won’t get better this week. Washington already fell to the previously winless Rams, and I think they learned their lesson, and won’t let it happen again to Detroit.

Buffalo (3) @ Miami (26)
- This game makes me slightly nervous, but I think that’s simply because I’m a Bills fan, and every game makes me slightly nervous. This could be a potential letdown game after the big victory against San Diego. I think this game comes down to the Bills' ability to stop the Wildcat and their ability to finally get the running game going.

St Louis (25) @ New England (14)
- This is a classic case of rooting against my own pick. As great as it would be to get them all right, I hope I don’t this week simply because I want St Louis to slam the door on New England. But…they are New England, and it is a home game. I don’t think the Pats are quite as good as they played on MNF, but who knows what to make of the Rams just yet?

more.... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/24/devins_bold_picks.php)