PDA

View Full Version : Slug vs. Sabres: Is it time for Buffalo fans to reclaim their logo?

SabreEleven
10-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Kill the Slug!!!!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Slug-vs-Sabres-Is-it-time-for-Buffalo-fans-to-?urn=nhl,111507

SabreEleven
10-25-2008, 12:45 AM
http://www.sabresnotslugs.com/

RockStar36
10-25-2008, 01:02 AM
This guy can go **** himself. :gosabres:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Have you noticed how, although the :oldskool: is back, you aren't hearing much about it? Even though "everybody just wanted the :oldskool: back" it hasn't created nearly the stir that the :gosabres: did. Do you think that MAYBE they had the right idea last time? MAYBE putting out something that looked completely different but also brought back the old colors (basically) might help the team to sell tons and tons of new product? :gosabres:

qcsabresfan84
10-25-2008, 01:54 AM
Wow i've never read anything more biased in my life than that article. That's just hating for the sake of hating.

SabreEleven
10-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Have you noticed how, although the :oldskool: is back, you aren't hearing much about it? Even though "everybody just wanted the :oldskool: back" it hasn't created nearly the stir that the :gosabres: did. Do you think that MAYBE they had the right idea last time? MAYBE putting out something that looked completely different but also brought back the old colors (basically) might help the team to sell tons and tons of new product? :gosabres:
The slug created so much stir because it sucked and 90 percent of the fan based was outraged because it looks like a piece of yellow diherrea...and the old school merchandised hasn't become available or have the Sabres wore them...

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2008, 06:21 AM
:gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres:

BlackMetalNinja
10-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Let's go Buffalo!!!!!
:gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres: :gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres: :gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres: :gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres:v

Michael82
10-25-2008, 07:56 AM
It's probably because you can't get the :oldskool: jerseys yet and you have to wait until the end of ****ing November before we even see them on the ice. :ill:

Philagape
10-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Go Charlie! Send the slug the way of the Gorton's fisherman and Vancouver "V"

Dude
10-25-2008, 01:46 PM
im4bflo has an anti-slug blog now?

Creepy.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-25-2008, 02:49 PM
No it's just you old people from the 1970's can't except change! if you want to blame somebody for this mess blame the late Seymour H. Knox the III he was the one that changed the logo from the :oldskool: to the "madcow" (if you can call the :gosabres: a slug then I can call the buffalo head a "madcow")
white, black, red and grey because we the Sabres were moving into HSBC Arena excuse me the "Crossroads Arena" (that was what the original name Arena was going to be because it was right across the street from the Aud.) but Seymour H. Knox the III wanted naming rights for the Arena Marine Midland Bank was the only bidder to bid on the name for the Arena so it became Marine Midland Arena.

and I have news for you, I ordered a third jersey, I was always going to order it even when the Sabres decided to bring the :oldskool: back as the third back in 2006 one day before the :gosabres: was unveiled.

Dude
10-25-2008, 05:52 PM
accept

OpIv37
10-25-2008, 05:58 PM
No it's just you old people from the 1970's can't except change! if you want to blame somebody for this mess blame the late Seymour H. Knox the III he was the one that changed the logo from the :oldskool: to the "madcow" (if you can call the :gosabres: a slug then I can call the buffalo head a "madcow")
white, black, red and grey because we the Sabres were moving into HSBC Arena excuse me the "Crossroads Arena" (that was what the original name Arena was going to be because it was right across the street from the Aud.) but Seymour H. Knox the III wanted naming rights for the Arena Marine Midland Bank was the only bidder to bid on the name for the Arena so it became Marine Midland Arena.

and I have news for you, I ordered a third jersey, I was always going to order it even when the Sabres decided to bring the :oldskool: back as the third back in 2006 one day before the :gosabres: was unveiled.

First of all, it's not the mad cow. It's the goat head. Get it right.

Second, it's not that people don't accept change- it's that people don't like the new logo. That doesn't automatically make them against the whole concept of change.

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2008, 06:23 PM
I like the new logo more and more every time I see a thread crying about the damn thing.

JD
10-25-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.icebullshockey.com/chris/nhltol/banners/vin.gif

SabreEleven
10-25-2008, 07:47 PM

Why do you always give us a history lesson like we are on Cosmopoliton message board? 90 percent of this board is older than you and were a Sabres fan before you were kicked in the head while you were in the womb.

1. SMK didn't approve of the slug. Why is he to blame for this mess? Not everybody liked the mad cow but it didn't cause the stir that the slug did.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-25-2008, 07:50 PM
First of all, it's not the mad cow. It's the goat head. Get it right.

Second, it's not that people don't accept change- it's that people don't like the new logo. That doesn't automatically make them against the whole concept of change.

No you get it right, in Buffalo it was called "madcow" or "goathead"

closed the Aud and went to some madcow jersey design
http://www.wateriswet.com/ice/sometimes.frozen.too/news.org.edu.gov.com.net.

http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Sabres&thread=45674&page=1

SabreEleven
10-25-2008, 07:57 PM

closed the Aud and went to some madcow jersey design and the great Brian Holzinger and a few promising seasons and then that goalie left and a bankruptcy
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=386583

You make no sense

Michael82
10-26-2008, 12:09 AM

closed the Aud and went to some madcow jersey design
http://www.wateriswet.com/ice/sometimes.frozen.too/news.org.edu.gov.com.net.

http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Sabres&thread=45674&page=1
I've never heard anyone call it the madcow, only the goat head. Actually, Lecter is one of the ones who hated on that logo and called it a goat head. Ironic isn't it? He gets mad as us for bashing the slug, but he bashed the goat head so many times before.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2008, 08:44 AM
How many threads did I start bashing it? How many times did I post time and time again about? how much did I whine non-stop about it?

If it comes up I say I did not like it. I do not make it a life long obsession to cry about.

Michael82
10-26-2008, 09:20 AM
How many threads did I start bashing it? How many times did I post time and time again about? how much did I whine non-stop about it?

If it comes up I say I did not like it. I do not make it a life long obsession to cry about.
When people talk about the logo, I call it a slug. I don't hate on the people who wear it and don't say they aren't fans. But i have a right to hate it and praise the new 3rd jersey. :up:

tat2dmike77
10-26-2008, 11:48 AM
I've grown to like the :gosabres: logo.

JD
10-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I've grown to like the :gosabres: logo.
:limp:

DraftBoy
10-27-2008, 11:34 AM
What a complete waste of time, energy, and patience to actually write that piece of crap. The logo is what it is, can we all not just move on to the fact that we have a team that hasn't lost a game in regulation yet??

Mr. Pink
10-28-2008, 06:05 AM
The slug is better than the goathead besides, almost every team has changed or modernized it's look.

Although I'd go back to 1982 for the Canuck flying V's, the Jets, the Whalers and les Nordique!

Iehoshua
10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
:gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres: :gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres: :gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres::gosabres: