PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Exclusive: Timothy "Buffalo" Young's Week 8 Picks

shelby
10-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Enjoy!

You know you're a sad Bills fan when people from Buffalo call you "Buffalo".

But, just like Fox News, I'm fair and balanced.

The AFC East lost some great things this weekend. Power at the Ralph, and John DiGiorgio to the season. Oh, I mean, Rodney Harrison and Laurence Maroney. The Dolphins lost the viability of the Wildcat offense, and the Jets missed a golden opportunity against the Oakland Raiders after Tom Cable gave Jay Feely a mulligan with 8 seconds left.
I digress, as usual, due to the fact I've stumbled upon some crazy, under the radar news: The Cowboys lost to the Rams this weekend. I was fidgeting with my 2 way radio, and came across some Morse code today. I figured I should pass on the news, since there's no way that the media has talked about this at all.

There were two things that would have happened this week. One, the Cowboys win, and everyone praises them for being the unbeatable team that they're supposed to be, says that they don't need Tony Romo to win, and say that Roy Williams was the greatest acquisition of all time and that he and T.O. shared Sour Patch Kids on the sideline (the popcorn thing has lost it's edge). Or, Brad Johnson could cause three turnovers, they could lose SS Roy Williams to the season, they could lose to the St. Louis Rams, and Roy Williams could not catch a ball.
Oh well, maybe they can at least win a playoff game this year under Tony Romo?
News Flash: You have to make it first.

Buffalo Bills (5-1) @ Miami Dolphins (2-4)
I envy those who got to watch the entire game this weekend against the San Diego Chargers, since I was at Buffalo Wild Wings yelling at a blank screen for 3 minutes, followed by blank stares from the Steelers fans sitting around me. If you live in Pittsburgh, why go to a bar to watch the game when you could pay much less to see the game on your couch? I digress... The Bills come off of a statement game against the San Diego Chargers, having bested one of the better teams in the NFL. The Chargers one-two punch of LT and Mighty-Mouse was thwarted by Kawika Mitchell's hair, and a tough Buffalo Bills defense that now ranks 10th in the NFL in total defense. The Dolphins, on the other hand, rank 11th in total offense. Evenly matched? I'll leave that to the health of Terrence McGee and Aaron Schobel. The Dolphins overly talked about Wildcat offense may have finally met it's match this past weekend against the Ravens, but it still has Ronnie Brown at the helm, and that's always dangerous. This game will be closer than people give the Dolphins credit for.
Buffalo 31, Miami 20

NFC Matchup of the Week:

Arizona Cardinals (4-2) @ Carolina Panthers (5-2)
Keep these teams in mind. Everyone wants to talk about the NFC East, but I'm more interested in the new powerhouse division: The NFC South. The Panthers would seemingly around this time have their division in hand, but they are now tied with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and have an unbelievably surprising Atlanta Falcons team waiting in the wings. The Cardinals, on the other hand, ,are their division. Two very, very strong running games, complimented by aerial attacks with veterans and elites; all these two teams need to do is keep up their strong special teams play and have their defenses let the offense maintain leads. This game, in my opinion, determines the fate of the Panthers. If the Panthers can pull out a win here, they maintain with the Bucs. If they lose, it turns in to a game of catch-up for the rest of the year. I picked against the Panthers last weekend, and they smacked me with a win over the Saints. I would go Cards on this one, but it's a western team heading east.
Carolina 32, Arizona 21

AFC Matchup of the Week

Indianapolis Colts (3-3) @ Tennessee Titans (6-0)
The new face of the AFC South takes on the fallen heroes of old. It's statement time. Tennessee wants to prove that their rock solid defense, with Kyle Vanden-Bosch, "Foot-to-the-head" Haynesworth, Cortland Finnegan, and Keith Bulluck making serious decibel levels, can withstand a Colts assault. The Colts want to prove that they are still a team to be feared, and that the beginning of the season hiccup is behind them. The injuries to Bob Sanders, Robert Mathis, and Dwight Freeney, though, are still lingering. If those three play, and can keep the Titans' run game in check, this game will be fun to watch. If they're out, and rookie Chris Johnson and UPS truck LenDale White run wind sprints for 100 yards apiece again, then the Colts lose credibility. How the mighty have fallen, but they can still make a stand.
Indianapolis 25, Tennessee 17

more.... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/25/timothy_buffalo_youngs_week_8_picks.php)