PDA

View Full Version : how big of a loss was Reed

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
The O just stalled as soon as he went out.

MikeInRoch
10-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Huge. No doubt.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Hardy is not ready to take over for him. A sprainked achillies sounds like a 4 weeker to me, anyone know more?

justasportsfan
10-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Reed couldn't have done anything to save the way we've played

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 03:13 PM

Wrong, TE only had Evans to concentrate on, Reed is an important part of the offense and game in game out, he's been the go to guy.

Slim
10-26-2008, 03:14 PM
UGH.

blackonyx89
10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Hardy is not ready to take over for him. A sprainked achillies sounds like a 4 weeker to me, anyone know more?

They should bring in a seasoned tall WR and let Hardy learn on the job.

justasportsfan
Wrong, TE only had Evans to concentrate on, Reed is an important part of the offense and game in game out, he's been the go to guy.
yes Reed is important but if you watched how badly this entire team played today from D ,St and O, reed wasn't gonna do squat

Dujek
Reed's the go-to guy, the first down guy. Him being out was massive.

Luisito23
10-26-2008, 03:20 PM

I agree....Today was just not our day, and even with Reed in we still would've lost...Stupid turnover, stupid play calling, McGee playing like a 7th. round rookie, Royal being the bum that he has always been....An easy loss, and a disappointing game overall.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 03:21 PM
yes Reed is important but if you watched how badly this entire team played today from D ,St and O, reed wasn't gonna do squat

Wrong again. You lose arguable your best possesion receiver and go to guy, you lose the advantage. Hardy and Parrish don't have the ability of Reed.

justasportsfan
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Wrong again. You lose arguable your best possesion receiver and go to guy, you lose the advantage. Hardy and Parrish don't have the ability of Reed.
He wouldn't have been able to stop Ted gin from gaining all those yards. He wouldn't have been able to do something on St.

Look , I am the biggest Reed supporter here on BZ. But he couldn't have done much based on crappy playcalling and play from top top to bottom.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
He wouldn't have been able to stop Ted gin from gaining all those yards. He wouldn't have been able to do something on St.

Look , I am the biggest Reed supporter here on BZ. But he couldn't have done much based on crappy playcalling and play from top top to bottom.

3 strikes. Losing Reed meant not moving the ball and not getting points, up until the last FG by Miami, even with the safety, it was a 1 td game. You don't have Reed or a reliable replacement, you not going to get the production. Meaning less points. Evans was completely taken out of the game because he had no relief.

The D was horrible, but shootouts happen,

Ebenezer
10-27-2008, 10:13 AM
McGee playing like a 7th. round rookie, .

stop insulting 7th round rookies...McGee should never have been on the field.

Historian
10-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Ive railed on Reed in the past, but he has been Mr Clutch this year.

He's doing what Royals should be doing, taking the pressure off the Sophmore QB.

So far, he's my team MVP.

yordad
10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Hey, all I'm doing on Sundays is watching football. Suit me up coach.

Anyways, I think Reed could have made a difference, but who knows.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I agree....Today was just not our day, and even with Reed in we still would've lost...Stupid turnover, stupid play calling, McGee playing like a 7th. round rookie, Royal being the bum that he has always been....An easy loss, and a disappointing game overall.

Perfect post.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 10:35 AM
3 strikes. Losing Reed meant not moving the ball and not getting points, up until the last FG by Miami, even with the safety, it was a 1 td game. You don't have Reed or a reliable replacement, you not going to get the production. Meaning less points. Evans was completely taken out of the game because he had no relief.

The D was horrible, but shootouts happen,
Reed isn't good enough to overcome the way the OL , qb ,D and st played. He's not that great of a wr that you know will get 100 yards in a shootout.

Everyone here knows thatI like Reed but he's not Fitz or Boldin.

patmoran2006
10-27-2008, 10:35 AM
anyone notice the turnovers, and all the mess that ensued came AFTER Reed got hurt?

This guy is VERY important to Trent.. He's his "chain mover" and go to guy