PDA

View Full Version : Missed Tackles, McGee, and Defensive Calls

mchurchfie
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
What a joke.:down: Fewell ****ing sucks!!! He played right into Noodlearm Pennington's hand. Everytime we blitzed we forced them to make mistakes then we would go right back into our shell again. Fewelll = No Balls.:down: McGee had no business being in there, what the hell?? Can anyone on this team tackle??? Where the hell was The Almighty Poz??

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Fewell, got schooled, but does the Secondary have the talent? Seriously, they are decent but both times the Bills have faced veteran consistant QB's they got scorched.

mchurchfie
10-26-2008, 03:29 PM
It doesn't help when you play them 15 yards off the reciever and you let a weakarmed journeyman QB run his favorite pitch and catch plays.

mchurchfie
10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Fewell has no balls or faith in his defense. He is the defensive equivalent of Fairchild, he is a moron.

baalworship
10-26-2008, 03:34 PM
McGee was not healthy and should not have been playing. What makes me especially mad is our first round pick was so bad last week that they left the injured McGee in there instead of taking him out.

Coaching: F I have praised Fewell in the past but can someone explain why they didn't rotate Greer to Ginn? It makes no sense because the Dolphins O after the first drive did nothing except for the throw to Ginn.

Pass Rush: Terrible

Robert Royal: What a waste of a roster spot.

Schonert: Very conservative, no screens, no deep bombs to Evans.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Fewell always seems to playcall against the grain of what works against certain QBs. He sits back against Warner and Pennington when everybody in the league knows that you have to pressure the crap out of these two or they'll pick you apart. He does seem to be clueless.

mchurchfie
10-26-2008, 03:38 PM
He is and over over conservative moron. Everytime we blitzed we got better results.

Mitchell55
10-26-2008, 03:42 PM
It doesn't help when you play them 15 yards off the reciever and you let a weakarmed journeyman QB run his favorite pitch and catch plays.

Journeyman? This is only his 2nd team. I guess we can call Brett Favre a journeyman to.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Is it Fewell or is it the talent?

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 03:54 PM

Fewell...no more excuses about talent. When he blitzes more, this team is more effective...PERIOD. This team is not going to be effective unless they blitz...it's really that simple.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Fewell...no more excuses about talent. When he blitzes more, this team is more effective...PERIOD. This team is not going to be effective unless they blitz...it's really that simple.

what does it say about the d facing accurate passers lossing both games. I think the Bills have added some pieces to the D, but all in all, they are still a few away from running the type of D Fewell wants to. Was his play calling suspect yes, but I think the lack of talent also plays a part.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
what does it say about the d facing accurate passers lossing both games. I think the Bills have added some pieces to the D, but all in all, they are still a few away from running the type of D Fewell wants to. Was his play calling suspect yes, but I think the lack of talent also plays a part.

Please, tell me what kind of defense he wants to run? This team is built to blitz...well, then f'n blitz and stop f'n around! The way he coaches is moronic.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Please, tell me what kind of defense he wants to run? This team is built to blitz...well, then f'n blitz and stop f'n around! The way he coaches is moronic.

i don't think you can really blitz that much with a hobbled McGee or the type of DB's the Bills have, hence the bend don't break.

It was the same last year, The only additions have been Stoud, Mitchell who is average, and Johnson. I don't believe they have all the personel to be able to do that... yet.

That being said, Fewell if he feels that its not full time pressure on QB's, he needs to come up with something else, I give you that.

mchurchfie
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM
McKelvin was the best cover corner in college ball last year. Put him in man to man and let him get his ****ing confidence up. He damn sure couldn't have done any worse than McGee.

mchurchfie
10-26-2008, 04:29 PM
We asked that same question when Fairchild was our OC and Turk improved the offense immensely with basically the same cast of characters just by playing to their strengths and trusting them enough to put them in better and more challenging positions to make plays.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:47 PM
i don't think you can really blitz that much with a hobbled McGee or the type of DB's the Bills have, hence the bend don't break.

It was the same last year, The only additions have been Stoud, Mitchell who is average, and Johnson. I don't believe they have all the personel to be able to do that... yet.

That being said, Fewell if he feels that its not full time pressure on QB's, he needs to come up with something else, I give you that.

My frustrations with him is the fact he just doesn't attack enough. It drives me crazy.

Akhippo
10-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Chad FLOATED passes to his receivers. Yet we sat back and gave him the cushion to do it. Miami has man to man alot and that put pressure on trent to make a strong accurate pass. Ginn looked super human. GINN!

We blitz and Chad throws incomplete. How hard is this math.

Also, again, we have no pass rush. The coaches must be to blinded by something to notice we dont get to the QB with our front four. Yet they keep running them out there expecting them to pressure the QB all by themselves.

Marvelous
10-26-2008, 07:27 PM
WOW what a thread that reads my mind.....Our coord had us in that rediculous D that gives soo much space.. I hate the defense playbook. If that's cover two then i canty stand it. I like the way the LB's & D-line play but it seems like a accurate passer like Noodle Arm Pennington can pick it apart...So pretty worthless without a pass rush & WTF! We had ZERO-NONE-NADDA, so why no adjustments to teh secondary?
---Instead they we're just left out there giving speedster Ginn a huge cusion....
--This McGee thing has me so mad & confused.. I know Dick Juaron is smarter then me at coaching so why he let McGee stay on Ginn is sooo bizzaar...

Marvelous
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Coaching: F I have praised Fewell in the past but can someone explain why they didn't rotate Greer to Ginn? It makes no sense because the Dolphins O after the first drive did nothing except for the throw to Ginn.

EXACTLY DUDE!!!!

McGee was not healthy and should not have been playing. What makes me especially mad is our first round pick was so bad last week that they left the injured McGee in there instead of taking him out.
That sucks if that's reliable.... Man!!!!

Philagape
10-26-2008, 07:36 PM
The Bills were thoroughly outcoached. Like the Cards, the Fins knew exactly how to attack a wide-cushion Cover 2, and there was no answer for it. McGee's injury can't explain away Ginn having a whole zip code to himself. That's exactly the wrong way to cover him.
You don't sit back against a speedy WR who can get YAC, and a QB whose forte -- rather, all he can do -- is short, smart passing. That's just asking to get picked apart to the tune of 73 percent.

Marvelous
10-26-2008, 07:40 PM
WELL i agree Philagape. And it's teh 1st time ever that i've seen us so easily & so badly Out-coached.
--Man i hate zone defense. I've ALWAYS hated that ******ed cusion we give every WR.. WTF!
--Fact, we know Pennington better then our staff does.,.. Pennington loves to dink & dunk & he has always thrown about 8 WR screens in EVERY SINGLE GAME we've played him... And that cusion must be a dream come true to him...
---I'm curious to how our D worked against Pennington last season in the Two Jet games....I'm gonna rewatch our sweep...If i can find em...

Philagape
10-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm no coach, but it seems to me that a game plan shouldn't be to let your opponents do exactly what they're good at.

mchurchfie
10-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Jauron is just as much to blame as Fewell. He just lets that **** go on and on while we bend it over and take it up the butt. At what ****ing point do you figure out that its not working and make adjustments???? **** Fewell and Jauron and their play it close to the vest bull****.:down:

Michael82
10-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Ashton Youboty is definitely missed. And I prefer seeing Whitner at SS, instead of FS.

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 04:46 AM
It doesn't help when you play them 15 yards off the reciever and you let a weakarmed journeyman QB run his favorite pitch and catch plays.Journeyman.....oh please:rolleyes: 2 teams in 9 years in the league does not make a journeyman:down:

Historian
10-27-2008, 06:15 AM
Pennigton is a piece of crap.

I hope your half-empty stadium hasn't pinned their hopes on him, because I have yet to see him play a full season.

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 06:16 AM
:yawn:

:boring:

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Pennigton is a piece of crap.

I hope your half-empty stadium hasn't pinned their hopes on him, because I have yet to see him play a full season.If he gets hit as much as he did yesterday, he should be good to go

Historian
10-27-2008, 06:18 AM
They never touched his noodle arm....

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 06:20 AM
Exactly

colin
10-27-2008, 06:44 AM
as bad as the d was, it played plenty well enough to win.

our o lost that one by not scoring in deep (why was lynch not in?), not running more after a brilliant drive, not blocking and trent making too many mistakes.

if lynch was in for that goal line play and we run more/ not get terrible penalties late we are up 13 points after our first drive in the 3rd and possibly 17, winning the game right there.

i am/was really pissed, but this was all on the O. we need another interior blocker, and peters is really just sub par this year.

mchurchfie
10-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Journeyman.....oh please:rolleyes: 2 teams in 9 years in the league does not make a journeyman:down:
Excuse me all to hell, I used the wrong term. However, he is still nothing but a stopgap QB with a barely adequate arm. Buffalo was pitiful and played right to his strengths. I wouldn't go voting him into the Probowl quite yet LTHomer.:rolleyes:

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 08:07 AM
touchy, touchy

Did I say a single thing about his play or the ProBowl?? NOPE

mchurchfie
10-27-2008, 08:12 AM
touchy, touchy

Did I say a single thing about his play or the ProBowl?? NOPE
You're the one that is running around this board like last year's forgotten Cosmo girl defending every little criticism about the Fins almost to the point of gloating a little. The last time I checked this was a Bill's Board, I can say what I want.;)

madness
10-27-2008, 08:26 AM
All I know is we played two games where the offense utilized the short passing game against us and we are 0-2 in those games. Fewell better come up with an answer for this.

EDS
10-27-2008, 08:35 AM
All I know is we played two games where the offense utilized the short passing game against us and we are 0-2 in those games. Fewell better come up with an answer for this.

That does not bode too well for NE in two weeks.

mchurchfie
10-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Arizona revealed how to beat us. Unless Fewell gets off his stubborn ass and changes his stategies which aren't working at all, every team we play from here on out is going to be doing the same thing to us. I know we don't have the best players but he put his players in some horrible situations and isn't giving them much of a chance of succeeding.