PDA

View Full Version : We really screwed ourselves in terms of the division today

OpIv37
10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
NE is now in first with the tiebreaker.

If we lose to the Jets next week, we'll be THIRD in the division. The next two games are now must-wins to have any chance at the division title.

If we could have won today and kept the one game lead over NE, it would have taken some of the pressure off. But now this team can't afford any more mistakes.

Fin Fan In Cali
10-26-2008, 04:03 PM

If we lose to the Jets next week, we'll be THIRD in the division. The next two games are now must-wins to have any chance at the division title.

If we could have won today and kept the one game lead over NE, it would have taken some of the pressure off. But now this team can't afford any more mistakes.Bro you can't say if we lose to the Jets, you have to get everything clicking again, and take the Jets down. Look KC almost beat them today. You can beat the Jets, just don't sell yourself short.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:03 PM
This definitely wasn't good.

justasportsfan
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
we're screwed after 1 division game loss? Not. talk to me if we lose the next 2

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I really don't look at tiebreakers now, but the Bills need to win the next two. When they went into this stretch I said they needed to win at least 2 of 3.

Slim
10-26-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm ALOT more confiedent when this team plays at home.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:07 PM
I really don't look at tiebreakers now, but the Bills need to win the next two. When they went into this stretch I said they needed to win at least 2 of 3.

And I'll go out on a limb and guess this game was one that you thought they'd win? Well, now they have to win here against the Jets and now they HAVE to win in NE. This one hurts the Bills more then people will admit.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
And I'll go out on a limb and guess this game was one that you thought they'd win? Well, now they have to win here against the Jets and now they HAVE to win in NE. This one hurts the Bills more then people will admit.

I was not 100 % confidant today. Not at all.

X-Era
10-26-2008, 04:09 PM

If we could have won today and kept the one game lead over NE, it would have taken some of the pressure off. But now this team can't afford any more mistakes.

1 game.

Let the season play out.

I dont believe at all the next two are must wins. We could probably split right down the middle with all of our opponents in the AFC East and still win the title.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:10 PM
I was not 100 % confidant today. Not at all.

Don't spin what I said because if you read my posts this week, you know that I wasn't either. What I asked was, "was this game one of the two games you thought they'd win?" Like most people, including me, the answer would be "yes". I sure as hell don't think Dickey can get them ready to win in NE...if he can't get them ready to win in Miami.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Don't spin what I said because if you read my posts this week, you know that I wasn't either. What I asked was, "was this game one of the two games you thought they'd win?" Like most people, including me, the answer would be "yes". I sure as hell don't think Dickey can get them ready to win in NE...if he can't get them ready to win in Miami.

I didn't spin anything. You really need to chill out sometimes and not take things so personally. You asked and I answered.

I know you don't like Jauron, but he has done well for the most part. Today was ugly.

I expect them to win next week. The Patriots will be a battle and a half.

Slim
10-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I didn't spin anything. You really need to chill out sometimes and not take things so personally. You asked and I answered.

I know you don't like Jauron, but he has done well for the most part. Today was ugly.

At Gillete... That will be a HUGE game.

X-Era
10-26-2008, 04:16 PM

:clap:

PECKERWOOD
10-26-2008, 04:20 PM
I just brought this up in another thread, Op, I agree.

ServoBillieves
10-26-2008, 04:25 PM
An unhealthy Terrence mixed with a ****ty O-Line cost this game today.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM

Listen, I'm not angry at your answer, but are you not the person who forked one of my posts last week? So, I think this might be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I just merely stated that you skirted the question, which you did. I don't think you're a jerk or anything, just saying what I read.

Dujek
10-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Hardly.

Are New England screwed in the division because they lost a home game to Miami? Surely that's a bigger loss than the Bills losing in Miami.

I still think the Bills can finish 4-2 in the division. The Jets are beatable wherever they play and the Bills should win all their home games in the division. I'd rather they went 2 from 3 in this stretch, but even if they lose in NE as long as they beat the Jets they're still in good shape for the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I expected them to beat the Jets and either Miami or NE. Don't know how else to say it.

shelby
10-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Don't be such a Forker, Doc.

i kid, i kid....:D

THATHURMANATOR
10-26-2008, 05:51 PM

What if we win next week OP? or is that impossible?

TacklingDummy
10-26-2008, 05:53 PM

How do you sticky something. I'd like to come back to this post in 2 weeks.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 08:49 AM

1 game.

Let the season play out.

I dont believe at all the next two are must wins. We could probably split right down the middle with all of our opponents in the AFC East and still win the title.

Yeah, we're screwed in terms of winning the division.

All it took was that ONE LOSS in the division to knock us out of first. That's it. Just one. Now we no longer have a one game lead on NE and we will have to beat them at least once (probably twice) to win the division. They're going to keep winning and we can't afford any more mistakes if we're going to keep up with them.

If we split in the AFCE, NE will be ahead of us at the end of the season.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 08:53 AM
What if we win next week OP? or is that impossible?

Impossible? No, nothing is technically impossible in sports. Likely? Hell no.

We played like ****.

Sure, the Jets looked like **** against KC too. Favre threw three interceptions. But what makes you think we can exploit that? McGee looked like absolute garbage, Whitner only has two INT's in his career, and we can't even nail down a starter at the other safety spot.

The Cardinals give up tons of sacks but the Bills couldn't get to Warner.
The Dolphins were terrible against the pass and in kick coverage but the Bills couldn't exploit that.
The Chargers are extremely susceptible to the long pass but the Bills couldn't exploit that either (although at least they won).

This team has given us no reason whatsoever to expect them to take advantage of the Jets' weaknesses.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Yeah, we're screwed in terms of winning the division.

All it took was that ONE LOSS in the division to knock us out of first. That's it. Just one. Now we no longer have a one game lead on NE and we will have to beat them at least once (probably twice) to win the division. They're going to keep winning and we can't afford any more mistakes if we're going to keep up with them.

If we split in the AFCE, NE will be ahead of us at the end of the season.

OP think about it? Are the other teams in the afce that have a loss in the division screwed already? Looks to me that every team in this division are in it except for us after one loss in the division? You're overly dramatic as usual. Yes, it hurt us but we're not screwed yet after 1 division loss.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 09:00 AM
OP think about it? Are the other teams in the afce that have a loss in the division screwed already? Looks to me that every team in this division are in it except for us after one loss in the division? You're overly dramatic as usual. Yes, it hurt us but we're not screwed yet after 1 division loss.

The Jets are pretty much screwed in terms of winning the division already. Miami never had a chance. The Pats have 1 division loss but they also have a division win and they're on top. They don't have to worry about catching anyone.

We, on the other hand, ALREADY have to worry about catching the Pats. It's a huge difference.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:04 AM
The Jets are pretty much screwed in terms of winning the division already. Miami never had a chance. The Pats have 1 division loss but they also have a division win and they're on top. They don't have to worry about catching anyone.

We, on the other hand, ALREADY have to worry about catching the Pats. It's a huge difference.

Uggh! After one loss? So what happens if we beat the Pats? Are they screwed? BY your logic should any afce team even NE lose 1 game in the division are screwed?

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Uggh! After one loss? So what happens if we beat the Pats? Are they screwed? BY your logic should any afce team even NE lose 1 game in the division are screwed?

Depends.

If we lose to the Jets, beating the Pats alone won't be enough in terms of winning the division. They'll still be up on us. We'll have to make up a game on them even if we win and that's not going to happen.

And I'm going to say this one more time: NE is on top and they don't lose. So NE doesn't have to worry about catching NE. The Jets and Bills do. It's an entirely different situation.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:11 AM
And I'm going to say this one more time: NE is on top and they don't lose. So NE doesn't have to worry about catching NE. The Jets and Bills do. It's an entirely different situation.every AFCE team has one division game loss. By your logic all the afce teams are screwed within the division ?

Miami never had a chance. .

Miami has 2 divsion game wins and yet they were never in it? Last time I checked They're still in it. All of us are.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 09:13 AM
every AFCE team has one division game loss. By your logic all the afce teams are screwed within the division ?

Winning 1 of the next 2 games is huge.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 09:13 AM
every AFCE team has one division game loss. By your logic all the afce teams are screwed within the division ?

Every AFCE team except us has at least 1 division WIN. And yes, the Jets and Fish are pretty much screwed in terms of winning the division. They're not going to catch the Pats.

Miami has 2 divsion game wins and yet they were never in it? Last time I checked They're still in it. All of us are.

They were never in it because of their overall record. Technically they're still in it but realistically they're not. Same for us, although the division record is holding us back rather than the overall record.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Every AFCE team except us has at least 1 division WIN. And yes, the Jets and Fish are pretty much screwed in terms of winning the division. They're not going to catch the Pats.

They were never in it because of their overall record. Technically they're still in it but realistically they're not. Same for us, although the division record is holding us back rather than the overall record.
I get it, we're screwed based on your what if's or your prediction. Okay then. I can't argue with that if thats your prediction. You're painting a scenario where the bills are screwed when it FACT it isn't the case yet and reamins to be seen therefore not fact.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 09:17 AM
The standing in the AFC East could very well look like this in 2 weeks

NE 6-3 (Beat Buffalo/Lose Colts)
Jets 6-3 (beat Buffalo/St Louis)
Buffalo 5-4 (Lose to Jets/NE)
Miami 4-5 (Lose Den/Win St Louis)

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:18 AM

Miami 4-5 (Lose Den/Win St Louis)
I agree. Lets sticky this thread :D

imbondz
10-27-2008, 09:20 AM
last week we were talking about home field advantage throughout the playoffs, now were talking we might not make the playoffs. lol

HAMMER
10-27-2008, 12:48 PM
What a freakin drama queen. Someone call OBD and tell them to pack it in, seasons over, Op said so.

Nighthawk
10-27-2008, 12:50 PM
The season is not over, but everybody should be concerned. We've now lost 2 out of the last 3 games and looked bad doing so.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 12:52 PM
What a freakin drama queen. Someone call OBD and tell them to pack it in, seasons over, Op said so.

First, that's not what I said.

Second, you resorted to name-calling instead of addressing my points. Again. So, if I'm being a drama queen, what did I say that was incorrect or exaggerated? We're the only team in the AFCE without a division win. We're tied with the Pats, but they have the tiebreaker so we're going to have to keep pace with them the rest of the season. Even if we split with them (which is far from a given), we'll probably still have to pick up a game somewhere to get back ahead of them, depending on how the rest of the division/conference games go for us and them. That's going to be extremely difficult.

And we can't forget about the Jets. They're only one game behind us, and if we lose this week, we drop to 3rd in the division regardless of whether NE wins or loses.

If we had won yesterday, we'd have a division win and be a game up on NE. That would give us more room for mistakes against teams that are better than the Dolphins. But by losing, we put ourselves in a much more difficult situation.

You can call it "drama" if you want, but that doesn't change the fact that this situation is very real.

Mitchell55
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Impossible? No, nothing is technically impossible in sports. Likely? Hell no.

We played like ****.

Sure, the Jets looked like **** against KC too. Favre threw three interceptions. But what makes you think we can exploit that? McGee looked like absolute garbage, Whitner only has two INT's in his career, and we can't even nail down a starter at the other safety spot.

The Cardinals give up tons of sacks but the Bills couldn't get to Warner.
The Dolphins were terrible against the pass and in kick coverage but the Bills couldn't exploit that.
The Chargers are extremely susceptible to the long pass but the Bills couldn't exploit that either (although at least they won).

This team has given us no reason whatsoever to expect them to take advantage of the Jets' weaknesses.

In a thread that had nothing to do with Whitner, you still managed a cheap shot at him. Dude, hes good. Not a HOF but still a top player at saftey.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
In a thread that had nothing to do with Whitner, you still managed a cheap shot at him. Dude, hes good. Not a HOF but still a top player at saftey.

Facts are facts.

The Jets biggest weakness is Favre's propensity for throwing interceptions. However, GETTING interceptions is not something the Bills do well. And it's not just Whitner- it's our entire secondary.

Seriously, you're being overly sensitive here. All I did is state a TRUE fact from the guy's stat line because it's relative to our next game and you accuse me of taking a shot at him.

Typ0
10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
dickey got the team ready to win in miami blowhawk. No team wins turning the ball over 4 times with their 4 possessions in the 4th quarter. You're way off base.

HAMMER
10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
First, that's not what I said.

Second, you resorted to name-calling instead of addressing my points. Again. So, if I'm being a drama queen, what did I say that was incorrect or exaggerated? We're the only team in the AFCE without a division win. We're tied with the Pats, but they have the tiebreaker so we're going to have to keep pace with them the rest of the season. Even if we split with them (which is far from a given), we'll probably still have to pick up a game somewhere to get back ahead of them, depending on how the rest of the division/conference games go for us and them. That's going to be extremely difficult.

And we can't forget about the Jets. They're only one game behind us, and if we lose this week, we drop to 3rd in the division regardless of whether NE wins or loses.

If we had won yesterday, we'd have a division win and be a game up on NE. That would give us more room for mistakes against teams that are better than the Dolphins. But by losing, we put ourselves in a much more difficult situation.

You can call it "drama" if you want, but that doesn't change the fact that this situation is very real.

We have played one division game Op, save the drama for late November and December. I am not going to get into a tit for tat argument with you as I have too much work to do and you can NEVER be wrong.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
We have played one division game Op, save the drama for late November and December. I am not going to get into a tit for tat argument with you as I have too much work to do and you can NEVER be wrong.

The number of games doesn't matter.

The standings do. And we're trailing in the standings.

What this team has to do to stay in the division hunt is no easy task.

And of course you don't want to get into a tit for tat argument with me because what I said was correct and you have no response for it. If you did, you would have said it initially instead of resorting to insults.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 02:05 PM
OP when you say we're screwed what do you mean by that? We're done for the season or just that it's a set back?

Make it clear because you're talking as if we have no hope after one division loss.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 02:08 PM
OP when you say were screwed what do you mean by that. We're done for the season or just that it's a set back?

Make it clear because you're talking as if we have no hope after one division loss.

I'm not saying we have no hope or that it's impossible.

I'm saying that after yesterday's loss, winning the division just got significantly harder. We have to go no worse than 4-1 in our remaining division games, and that means splitting with or sweeping with NE.

It's not impossible but it's a LOT harder than it would be if we still had a 1 game lead on NE and an additional division win.

Or to simplify, yesterday didn't eliminate us from winning the division but it sure as hell made it a lot less likely.

Typ0
10-27-2008, 02:11 PM
we missed an opportunity yesterday for sure...

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm not saying we have no hope or that it's impossible.

I'm saying that after yesterday's loss, winning the division just got significantly harder. We have to go no worse than 4-1 in our remaining division games, and that means splitting with or sweeping with NE.

It's not impossible but it's a LOT harder than it would be if we still had a 1 game lead on NE and an additional division win.

Or to simplify, yesterday didn't eliminate us from winning the division but it sure as hell made it a lot less likely.
when put that way there's no disagreeing then when you just stated the obvious.

depending on how we do vs. non divisional games and how the rest of the afce teams do, it's too early to say whether no worse than 4-1 will eliminate us.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
when put that way there's no disagreeing then when you just stated the obvious.

depending on how we do vs. non divisional games and how the rest of the afce teams do, it's too early to say whether no worse than 4-1 will eliminate us.

my concern is the way NE is playing. I doubt we're going to be able to catch them. I think we're going to have to split with them and have an equal or better division record to get the tiebreaker because as of right now, our only advantage over them is a better conference record (they have 2 AFC losses, we only have 1).

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 02:23 PM
my concern is the way NE is playing. I doubt we're going to be able to catch them. I think we're going to have to split with them and have an equal or better division record to get the tiebreaker because as of right now, our only advantage over them is a better conference record (they have 2 AFC losses, we only have 1).
huh? We're right with them. They are only 1 game ahead of us in the division because we've only played 1 division game. If we beat the jets then we're tied with them with 1 win and 1 loss in the div both with 6-2 records if they too win their next game vs. Colts.

raphael120
10-27-2008, 02:24 PM
5-2 is good.

5-2 is not that good when everyone else in your division is breathing down your neck. We'd like to think that 5-2 is an awesome record but when you have NE at the same record and the Jets a game back, and Miami not too far behind, it's not time to be satisfied and grow complacent because we have a "good" record. Guess what, Cleveland had a "good" record and they didn't get into the playoffs because they didn't do what they needed to do in their own division.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 02:43 PM
huh? We're right with them. They are only 1 game ahead of us in the division because we've only played 1 division game. If we beat the jets then we're tied with them with 1 win and 1 loss in the div both with 6-2 records if they too win their next game vs. Colts.

And the week after the Jets game, we play NE. So, even if we beat the Jets and NE loses this coming weekend, if they beat us the week after, we're right back to second place.

See how hard it is to get back to the top (a loss by NE, which is outside our control, and a win over the 4-3 Jets) and how easy it is to get not knocked back off of it (a loss to NE)?

We can't count on NE losing too many games and we blew it yesterday so now it's a much more difficult road.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM
And the week after the Jets game, we play NE. So, even if we beat the Jets and NE loses this coming weekend, if they beat us the week after, we're right back to second place.

See how hard it is to get back to the top (a loss by NE, which is outside our control, and a win over the 4-3 Jets) and how easy it is to get not knocked back off of it (a loss to NE)?

We can't count on NE losing too many games and we blew it yesterday so now it's a much more difficult road.
so your opinion on the matter is based on if we don't beat the pats in 2 weeks. In that case you are right based on your scenario.

Historian
10-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I kinda agree with OP.

I had this discussion with a guy at work on Thursday before the fish game.

If the Bills think they're going to march into Foxboro and have the Pats lay down for them they're crazy.

I think our teams are comparable at this time, as their guys are on the downside of their career, and ours are still learning, but until the Bills figure out a way to beat them, you almost have to pencil that one in as a loss.

We should beat the Jets, but that still would leave us at 6-3 after nine.

OPs premise is correct. It makes winning the Division that much harder.

Sorry, but championship teams beat the teams they're supposed to beat, which is why yesterday pisses me off so much.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 03:00 PM
so your opinion on the matter is based on your opinion if we CAN't beat the pats. In that case you are right based on your scenario.

If we win the next 2 against the Jets and the Pats, and the Pats lose to the Colts, then we're right back in the proverbial driver's seat.

But, honestly, how likely is that? Both the Pats and Jets are tough division opponents. We haven't beaten the Pats since 2003 and I can't even remember the last time we beat them in NE. And NE plays the Colts next week, who are playing very poorly.

Even if NE beats the Colts and we win both games, we're only tied with them. That means we have to pick up a win on them during the last 7 games of the season, either by winning one more than they do or by beating them a second time. We do have a few patsies on the schedule, but that's still going to be very tough.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
If we win the next 2 against the Jets and the Pats, and the Pats lose to the Colts, then we're right back in the proverbial driver's seat..thats obvious.

But, honestly, how likely is that? Both the Pats and Jets are tough division opponents. We haven't beaten the Pats since 2003 and I can't even remember the last time we beat them in NE. And NE plays the Colts next week, who are playing very poorly.
you can't use the past because this is not the same Pats we're playing just as I can't guarantee we'll beat the jets using the past since we've owned them in the last couple of years since they too are a different team.

Even if NE beats the Colts and we win both games, we're only tied with them. That means we have to pick up a win on them during the last 7 games of the season, either by winning one more than they do or by beating them a second time. We do have a few patsies on the schedule, but that's still going to be very tough. that's obvious.

HAMMER
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
The number of games doesn't matter.

The standings do. And we're trailing in the standings.

What this team has to do to stay in the division hunt is no easy task.

And of course you don't want to get into a tit for tat argument with me because what I said was correct and you have no response for it. If you did, you would have said it initially instead of resorting to insults.

I can't believe you can keep your job and still post all day about the same things over and over again. Must not be very challenging, 40 thousand posts is absurd.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
I can't believe you can keep your job and still post all day about the same things over and over again. Must not be very challenging, 40 thousand posts is absurd.

Yeah well it took me 6 years to get there. Look at the all time post list- I'm way behind.

And once again, you attack me instead of attacking the points. I'm waiting for your response to my arguments. I'm waiting for some substance. You criticize me yet you cannot counter what I said.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Eh...

Screwed ourselves is over-reacting. But we definitely made the road ahead a tad more difficult.

We had to beat NE in two weeks regardless or else we'd fall behind them in the standings anyways.

Night Train
10-28-2008, 04:20 AM
9-10 wins & a wildcard playoff spot is a good year for this roster. I said it back in August & I'll say it EVERY week for a reason. They need another off-season or 2 but it's obviously moving in the right direction. I'm still a content fan.

Too many ride the emotional roller coaster from week to week. If you started getting ahead of yourselves with the 5-1 record, that's your issue.

shelby
10-28-2008, 04:27 AM
5-2 is good.

5-2 is not that good when everyone else in your division is breathing down your neck. We'd like to think that 5-2 is an awesome record but when you have NE at the same record and the Jets a game back, and Miami not too far behind, it's not time to be satisfied and grow complacent because we have a "good" record. Guess what, Cleveland had a "good" record and they didn't get into the playoffs because they didn't do what they needed to do in their own division.

honestly, after enduring the last several years, 5-2 is pretty freaking good.
i was expecting a 10-6 season.

HAMMER
10-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah well it took me 6 years to get there. Look at the all time post list- I'm way behind.

And once again, you attack me instead of attacking the points. I'm waiting for your response to my arguments. I'm waiting for some substance. You criticize me yet you cannot counter what I said.

The substance was spoken earlier, we have played one division game, one. It is far too early to get dramatic (obviously not for you though). There are far too many possible permutations of what can happen betweeen now and then to worry about it or spend hours a day arguing with an internet know it all.

Why do you have to be the crusader of doom and gloom? Just sit back and let things play out a little more. We're seven games in to a 16 game season. I loathe your constant negativity, you make this place a lot less fun. Don't tell me to put you on ignore because you are the most controversial poster here and are constantly being quoted so it won't work.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 10:10 AM
The substance was spoken earlier, we have played one division game, one. It is far too early to get dramatic (obviously not for you though). There are far too many possible permutations of what can happen betweeen now and then to worry about it or spend hours a day arguing with an internet know it all.

Why do you have to be the crusader of doom and gloom? Just sit back and let things play out a little more. We're seven games in to a 16 game season. I loathe your constant negativity, you make this place a lot less fun. Don't tell me to put you on ignore because you are the most controversial poster here and are constantly being quoted so it won't work.

The piece you're missing is that a lot of those possible permutations just got a hell of a lot less likely. It's not doom and gloom and it's not dramatic. It's realism and I fully explained why. If you're not going to worry about it, I can't change that, but there are plenty of reasons to worry. You can sit there and call it negativity or "doom and gloom" or whatever other term denies reality enough to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but it doesn't change the actual situation.

HAMMER
10-28-2008, 10:19 AM
No, a lot of those permutations did not get less likely, only a small portion of them as a result of ONE division loss. Lose this week and I will be more concerned. I know you think I am a major homer but that is simply not true. I think I have a very good feel for what and where this team is right now. I have concerns too, I think we have flaws too, but I am not going to obsess over them. I am going to enjoy our 5-2 record, if we fall this week I will not be enjoying 5-3. I stated 11-5 at the beginnig of the season, I am standing by that number, we will see who is closer when it all shakes out. I am willing to bet that your sub 500 prediction will be further away.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 10:21 AM
The piece you're missing is that a lot of those possible permutations just got a hell of a lot less likely. It's not doom and gloom and it's not dramatic. It's realism and I fully explained why. If you're not going to worry about it, I can't change that, but there are plenty of reasons to worry. You can sit there and call it negativity or "doom and gloom" or whatever other term denies reality enough to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but it doesn't change the actual situation.
it's dramatics. All you did was create a negative possible scenario.

I'll create a possible possible scenario to counter your scenario . If we beat the Pats and jets we're ahead. Done.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 10:22 AM
it's dramatics. All you did was create a negative possible scenario.

I'll create a possible scenario to counter your scenario . If we beat the Pats and jets we're ahead. Done.

And after how we've played the last few weeks, what makes you think we can beat the Pats in their house or even the Jets at home?

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 10:24 AM
And after how we've played the last few weeks, what makes you think we can beat the Pats in their house or even the Jets at home?LAst few weeks? We played well vs. the chargers that you were sooooo wrong about although we sucked last sunday.

So to answer your question, ANY TEAM can be awsome one week and then suck the next week. Including the jets, pats, fins and bills.

By your logic there was no way the fins could've beaten us after the way they played the week before and after the way we beat the chargers.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 10:27 AM
By your logic there was no way the fins could've beaten us after the way they played the week before and after the way we beat the chargers.

So to answer your question, ANY TEAM can be awsome one week and then suck the next week. Including the jets, pats, fins and bills.

by my logic, the Fins didn't play all that well but managed to win because the Bills played extremely poorly. The Bills have played poorly in at least 4 of the seven games so far and I expect that to continue because there's no reason to think any differently.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 10:31 AM
by my logic, the Fins didn't play all that well but managed to win because the Bills played extremely poorly. . but you said last few weeks .The last few weeks we beat a good chargers team. The last few weeks the fins have been playing like the bills. Good one game bad the other. The same can be said about the jets and pats. Watch the games by the other AFCE teams.

The Bills have played poorly in at least 4 of the seven games so far and I expect that to continue because there's no reason to think any differently.

I don't expect you to think otherwise. Even after YOU WERE Wrong about the chargers you still talked doom and gloom. Should we beat the jets, you'll still be talking doom and gloom and overly dramatic.

I don't care how poorly we played vs. some of the teams. Fact is we're 5-2 and you didn't expect that so you were wrong.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 10:32 AM
but you said last few weeks. The last few weeks we beat a good chargers team. The last few weeks the fins have been playing like the bills. Good one game bad the other. The same can be said about the jets and pats. Do you even know what you're talking about?

I don't expect you to think otherwise. Even after YOU WERE Wrong about the chargers you still talked doom and gloom. Should we beat the jets, you'll still be talking doom and gloom and overly dramatic.

Should we beat the Jets, we STILL have to beat the Pats IN THEIR HOUSE because we LOST on Sunday. That was the whole point of this thread.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Should we beat the Jets, we STILL have to beat the Pats IN THEIR HOUSE because we LOST on Sunday. That was the whole point of this thread.

This thread is about the possible Negative scenario you created. All you did was creat a what if thread that breeds drama and we're just pointing it out to you.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 10:40 AM
This thread is about the possible Negative scenario you created. All you did was creat a what if thread that breeds drama and we're just pointing it out to you.

This thread is about the very REAL negative scenario that exists after losing on Sunday. You're giving me too much credit. I didn't create anything- I just pointed out the facts and you're accusing me of being dramatic because you don't want to acknowledge the reality.

Ebenezer
10-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Why did I open this thread...I really should know better. :shakeno:

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 10:44 AM
This thread is about the very REAL negative scenario that exists after losing on Sunday. You're giving me too much credit. I didn't create anything- I just pointed out the facts and you're accusing me of being dramatic because you don't want to acknowledge the reality.
Winning is also a very real scenario that exists after winning on sunday.

I guess that's your definition of reality. Your so called predictions.

In my world losing is a POSSIBILTY and so is winning.

Ebenezer
10-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Dispute this: Bills lose @ NE...Bills lose @ NYJ...and can still win the division with a 12-4 record. If you dispute it you are just ultranegative. If you can't then the point is moot. Next topic.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Dispute this: Bills lose @ NE...Bills lose @ NYJ...and can still win the division with a 12-4 record. If you dispute it you are just ultranegative. If you can't then the point is moot. Next topic.
oooh, thats a positive scenario you pointed out. Thats not realistic in OP's world.

OP created a drama thread how we're the only team in the AFCE thats played poorly in the past even though there's proof that the other teams in the AFCE have done the same.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 11:19 AM

That's true.

The problem is that the possibility of the Bills winning ALL their non-division games PLUS splitting with the Jets and Pats is HIGHLY unlikely, especially given the way they've been playing.

HAMMER
10-28-2008, 11:20 AM
It never ends with this guy, just brutal.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 11:20 AM
oooh, thats a positive scenario you pointed out. Thats not realistic in OP's world.

OP created a drama thread how we're the only team in the AFCE thats played poorly in the past even though there's proof that the other teams in the AFCE have done the same.

You think 12-4 is realistic for the Bills but accuse me of drama? Give me a break.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 11:21 AM
It never ends with this guy, just brutal.

me? What about you, justa and eb who refuse to come to terms with the fact that winning the division is now going to be extremely difficult? This isn't my problem- it's yours and theirs.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 11:24 AM
me? What about you, justa and eb who refuse to come to terms with the fact that winning the division is now going to be extremely difficult? This isn't my problem- it's yours and theirs.
:roflmao: It's going to be difficult based on your scenario where you are predicting we're going to lose which I agreed to. Learn to read. Then again , it's just your prediction

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 11:28 AM
You think 12-4 is realistic for the Bills but accuse me of drama? Give me a break.

where did I say its' realistic? Show me. You're just trying to create more drama again.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 11:31 AM
where did I say its' realistic? Show me. You're just trying to create more drama again.

Your response to Eb's quote about being 12-4:

To be fair, you didn't directly say it was realistic, but you said it was wrong of me to think that it's unrealistic.

tat2dmike77
10-28-2008, 11:32 AM
OP you're right. I'm sick of this team. I'm denouncing my bills loyalty i can't take it. Since i have been called a fairweather fan i am now going to be a Titans fan. Why root for a sucky team when i root for a winner 7-0 :up: screw all you Bills fans your team sucks i hope they move to toronto and you loose them forever. Not like they do you any good loosing games every week what a waste of time. They could barely beat crappy oakland and lost to the cards and lolphins yeah great team. Oh and trent sucks to.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
OP are you this much fun to be around in person?

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Your response to Eb's quote about being 12-4:

To be fair, you didn't directly say it was realistic,.

Ok then. So don't make false accusations.

but you said it was wrong of me to think that it's unrealistic. do you know how to speak english? I didn't say it was wrong for you to think so. Stop putting words inmy mouth. Stop creating your own interpretation as you please to create your own drama..

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 11:37 AM
OP you're right. I'm sick of this team. I'm denouncing my bills loyalty i can't take it. Since i have been called a fairweather fan i am now going to be a Titans fan. Why root for a sucky team when i root for a winner 7-0 :up: screw all you Bills fans your team sucks i hope they move to toronto and you loose them forever. Not like they do you any good loosing games every week what a waste of time. They could barely beat crappy oakland and lost to the cards and lolphins yeah great team. Oh and trent sucks to.

You COMPLETELY miss the point.

Just because the outlook is bleak doesn't mean you or me or anyone else should revoke their fandom. In fact, what makes someone a fan is their ability to stick with the team through the down times.

My view of this team is as bleak as it gets, yet I'm still here. I still buy and wear Bills merch, I still get Sunday Ticket and watch every second of every game (no matter how bad it gets), I still go to at least one game a year in Buffalo despite living 400 miles away.

Let that be a lesson to you.

tat2dmike77
10-28-2008, 11:39 AM

Just because the outlook is bleak doesn't mean you or me or anyone else should revoke their fandom. In fact, what makes someone a fan is their ability to stick with the team through the down times.

My view of this team is as bleak as it gets, yet I'm still here. I still buy and wear Bills merch, I still get Sunday Ticket and watch every second of every game (no matter how bad it gets), I still go to at least one game a year in Buffalo despite living 400 miles away.

Nah i'm gonna cover up the Bills Tat with something i figure i have been a fan since 80 so enough is enough why bother.

tat2dmike77
10-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Why bother with this team. Everyone here has convinced me that this team sucks and why should i even root for this team. I'm just a fair weather fan that doesn't care. Everyone has a hissy cause i hate OSU so now i'm gonna make it complete and hate the Bills. So screw it the bills have given me nothing but ulcers and headaches. All the games i have been to and all the gear i have is nothing but wasted money.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 11:41 AM

5-2 and things look bleak....despite your opinion on quaity of teams or how we've won, I would love to hear you say before the season started that things were bad, had you known we were going to be 5-2.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Nah i'm gonna cover up the Bills Tat with something i figure i have been a fan since 80 so enough is enough why bother.
Do as you please, but I never said or even implied anything like that.

The problem is that some of you can't separate what you WANT to happen from what is LIKELY to happen. Of course I want the Bills to run the table and make the playoffs. But when I look at this roster, the performance on the field and the upcoming schedule, I just can't realistically see that happening. Being a fan means you always WANT the team to win- it doesn't prohibit you from acknowledging when that's unlikely to happen.

Historian

I think the key term in your post Justa, is in the past.

NE and NYJ seem to have gotten into form after a slow start. (Miami still sucks)

Buffalo on the other hand, started out strong, but hasn't played well, even in a couple of their recent wins. (Probably due to injuries to a few key positions)

So I wouldn't really call it drama. I think there are legit concerns with this team. Is it time to panic? Absolutely not. But I kinda understand where he's coming from.

The next two weeks will be very telling.

tat2dmike77
5-2 and things look bleak....despite your opinion on quaity of teams or how we've won, I would love to hear you say before the season started that things were bad, had you known we were going to be 5-2.

You're a homer 5-2 and you have beaton nobody

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Why bother with this team. Everyone here has convinced me that this team sucks and why should i even root for this team. I'm just a fair weather fan that doesn't care. Everyone has a hissy cause i hate OSU so now i'm gonna make it complete and hate the Bills. So screw it the bills have given me nothing but ulcers and headaches. All the games i have been to and all the gear i have is nothing but wasted money.

No one is trying to convince you to stop rooting for this team.

I'm trying to convince you that winning the division is highly unlikely.

That doesn't mean you should stop rooting for it to happen. I don't know why you can't make the distinction.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 11:45 AM
also, theres a difference between between being objective/realistic and just constantly *****ing no matter what

tat2dmike77
10-28-2008, 11:47 AM
No one is trying to convince you to stop rooting for this team.

I'm trying to convince you that winning the division is highly unlikely.

That doesn't mean you should stop rooting for it to happen. I don't know why you can't make the distinction.

Winning the division??????????? Hell this team isn't gonna make the playoffs. The whole team sucks. Yay we can beat oakland, Yay we can beat St Louis (barely) Yay we can beat Seattle. Oh but this team will suck agains miami and arizona yeah awesome.

I'm done.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 11:48 AM
I think the key term in your post Justa, is in the past.

NE and NYJ seem to have gotten into form after a slow start. (Miami still sucks)

Buffalo on the other hand, started out strong, but hasn't played well, even in a couple of their recent wins. (Probably due to injuries to a few key positions)

So I wouldn't really call it drama. I think there are legit concerns with this team. Is it time to panic? Absolutely not. But I kinda understand where he's coming from. .I completely agree that there are concerns. I've created a thread about my concerens on Dicks offenses since he's been a coach. I've talked about our OL inability to create rooms for our running game. The thing is, it's my opinion that it's drama since he only paints about one possibility. Yes, while it's possible that we can lose to both the pats and jets the way we're played in the past , you can't ignore the FACTS that the jets and PAts also have played well one day and sucked the other just like us .

The next two weeks will be very telling. exactly. We can win them , split them or lose to both. All possibilities.

The fins played like crap and we played well vs. the chargers that weekend. Based on that past as of last saturday night, they had no business beating us but they did. The same thing can happen vs. the jets and Pats.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
also, theres a difference between between being objective/realistic and just constantly *****ing no matter what

No matter what? Did you notice that we lost to our division rivals, we are no longer in first place, and we're the only team in the division without a division win? This isn't me complaining about poor play in a win. We ACTUALLY LOST. If that's not a legit reason to complain, I don't know what is.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
No matter what? Did you notice that we lost to our division rivals, we are no longer in first place, and we're the only team in the division without a division win? This isn't me complaining about poor play in a win. We ACTUALLY LOST. If that's not a legit reason to complain, I don't know what is.
you *****ed about this team after a win vs. the chargers game that you were wrong about so it's not far fetched to say you ***** no matter what.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:24 PM
you *****ed about this team after a win vs. the chargers game that you were wrong about so it's not far fetched to say you ***** no matter what.

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The team gave us legit reasons to ***** this week and put a huge dent in their chances at winning the division. Deal with it.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The team gave us legit reasons to ***** this week and put a huge dent in their chances at winning the division. Deal with it.It has something to do with what Dutchman said.

It's only a dent. It's not a car crash.

yeah, I'm gonna have to deal with the fact that we're leading the AFCE :rolleyes: You're the one who has to deal with that FACT!!!

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM

we were in first place and you were *****ing then!!!!

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
It has something to do with what Dutchman said.

It's only a dent. It's not a car crash.

yeah, I'm gonna have to deal with the fact that we're leading the AFCE :rolleyes: You're the one who has to deal with that FACT!!!

We're NOT leading the AFCE. We're in 2nd. And if we lose on Sunday, we're in 3rd. Get your facts straight.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:39 PM
face it OP, all you do is ***** ***** *****. God this isnt the Pats from last year who were nearly flawless. This is a young and upcoming team who is going to go through growing pains. DEAL WITH IT and stop anally pointing out every dang flaw for cripes sake. No crap this team isnt cream of the crop contenders yet, but were young and enjoying a good season in which we have a better record that most expected at this point. LET US BLIND AND DUMB PEOPLE TO HAVE OUR FUN!

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:40 PM
We're NOT leading the AFCE. We're in 2nd. And if we lose on Sunday, we're in 3rd. Get your facts straight.

and if we win we're tied for first. holy smokes youre negative

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:44 PM
face it OP, all you do is ***** ***** *****. God this isnt the Pats from last year who were nearly flawless. This is a young and upcoming team who is going to go through growing pains. DEAL WITH IT and stop anally pointing out every dang flaw for cripes sake. No crap this team isnt cream of the crop contenders yet, but were young and enjoying a good season in which we have a better record that most expected at this point. LET US BLIND AND DUMB PEOPLE TO HAVE OUR FUN!

That's the problem- blind and dumb people annoy me and make Bills fans look like collective idiots. We were 4-0 and there were threads about us running the table and winning the SB. I come on here after a loss to Miami where we played terrible and see threads about how it doesn't really matter- wtf is that about?

5-2 is nice but I WANT PLAYOFFS. And looking at our schedule and how this team has played and what this loss meant in terms of the division, I don't see it happening. And that frustrates the hell out of me. You can sit there and go "woo-hoo, we're 5-2" but that isn't going to matter if we don't start playing better by 1 pm on Sunday.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
okay then , in my scenario if we win we're tied.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
and if we win we're tied for first. holy smokes youre negative

based on how we've been playing, I don't see how we're going to win on Sunday. That's not being negative, it's being realistic.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
That's the problem- blind and dumb people annoy me and make Bills fans look like collective idiots. We were 4-0 and there were threads about us running the table and winning the SB. I come on here after a loss to Miami where we played terrible and see threads about how it doesn't really matter- wtf is that about?
5-2 is nice but I WANT PLAYOFFS. And looking at our schedule and how this team has played and what this loss meant in terms of the division, I don't see it happening. And that frustrates the hell out of me. You can sit there and go "woo-hoo, we're 5-2" but that isn't going to matter if we don't start playing better by 1 pm on Sunday.you came here and *****ed after a win vs. the chargers that you were wrong about where WE PLAYED GREAT. You're the one who should be asking yourself what that was about.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
based on how we've been playing, I don't see how we're going to win on Sunday. That's not being negative, it's being realistic.
so your views are more realistic than ours?

You were so realistic vs. the chargers ,jags etc.?

Don't tell us you thought we'd be 5-2 at this point either and then say you were realistic.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:48 PM

no, seeing that, thats your opinion, thats being negative....and can we please not get into an arguement on logic.....

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:49 PM
And what is this how bad we've been playing crap youre constantly spewing....did we not beat the Chargers two weeks ago which you claim is a good team?

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:50 PM
That's the problem- blind and dumb people annoy me and make Bills fans look like collective idiots.

yeah and they all love hearing from you

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
And what is this how bad we've been playing crap youre constantly spewing....did we not beat the Chargers two weeks ago which you claim is a good team?

I think my claim was incorrect. They're a talented team, but they do not play well as a team. I suspect Norv Turner has something to do with it.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
and seriously OP, with a remaining schedule of consisting of 2 teams over .500 and you dont think we have a shot....great logic...youll still be *****ing when we make it...

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:53 PM
I think my claim was incorrect. They're a talented team, but they do not play well as a team. I suspect Norv Turner has something to do with it.
you should've thought of that before you insisted that we won't beat them. Now that you were wrong you're making up excuses to cover your mistake.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:54 PM

seriously....this is getting desperate

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
seriously....this is getting desperate
they're 3-4. Is it really desperate to claim they're not a good team? Think about that one for a second.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
you should've thought of that before you insisted that we won't beat them. Now that you were wrong you're making up excuses to cover your mistake.
Call it excuses if you want. You will see what I'm talking about soon enough. You should have seen it already against Miami last week.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM
they're 3-4. Is it really desperate to claim they're not a good team? Think about that one for a second.
haha! Desperate.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Call it excuses if you want. You will see what I'm talking about soon enough. You should have seen it already against Miami last week.
yeah I saw it after the chargers game. You were wrong!

OpIv37
and seriously OP, with a remaining schedule of consisting of 2 teams over .500 and you dont think we have a shot....great logic...youll still be *****ing when we make it...

talk about desperate- you're just making stuff up now.

There are 3 teams on our schedule over .500. Denver, NE, and the Jets. And we have 2 games each against the Jets and NE. So, out of our last 9 games, 5 are against teams that are over .500.

This post is just inaccurate spin.

And don't forget that we already LOST to one team that's under .500.

FlyingDutchman

so now you ARE saying record determines if a team is good or not....WEIRD....so the Bills being 5-2 in your logic would make us super bowl contenders...no....?

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
and the Chargers were a bull crap call away from 1 win, and a lucky catch away from another....what say you.....

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:59 PM
so now you ARE saying record determines if a team is good or not....WEIRD....so the Bills being 5-2 in your logic would make us super bowl contenders...no....?

His logic is all over he place. He's contradicting himself.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 03:01 PM
and the Chargers were a bull crap call away from 1 win, and a lucky catch away from another....what say you.....

nothing wrong with my logic. Chargers played like **** against us, against Miami and against NO. So, they have the record AND the poor play on the field.

We just have poor play on the field.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 03:01 PM

exactly, just likes to *****

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
nothing wrong with my logic. Chargers played like **** against us, against Miami and against NO. So, they have the record AND the poor play on the field.

Um yes, your logic is extremely flawed and you contradict yourself constantly. Besides that its great.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
you should've thought of that before you picked them to beat us.
Now that we beat them all of a sudden they're crap. Mkay!

So what happens if we beat the pats and jets? They all of a sudden are crappy teams and we still suck and your logic is still right . Mkay!!!

our play is so poor that we beat teams you said we'd lose to like the jags ,chargers.. Mkay.

We're so bad that we have a better record than what you though. Mkay.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 03:06 PM
you should've thought of that before you picked them to beat us.
Now that we beat them all of a sudden they're crap. Mkay!

So what happens if we beat the pats and jets? They all of a sudden are crappy teams and we still suck and your logic is still right . Mkay!!!

did you watch the game? they DID look like crap against us.

We'll worry about what happens if we beat the Jets and the Pats IF it actually happens. I doubt it will.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Um yes, your logic is extremely flawed and you contradict yourself constantly. Besides that its great.

I 'm not contradicting myself at all.

I was wrong about the Chargers. Being wrong is not a contradiction- it's being wrong.

But, we're really off topic here. The Bills looked like **** against Miami, Arizona, St. Louis and Oakland. We have two tough division games coming up and really put ourselves in a hole with the division loss. That's the reality, regardless of my attitude or whether or not I contradicted myself.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 03:12 PM
did you watch the game? they DID look like crap against us.

We'll worry about what happens if we beat the Jets and the Pats IF it actually happens. I doubt it will.
yeah I watched the game. We played great against a team you said was good and then changed your mind because in your world we can do nothing but suck.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 03:14 PM

haha! there it is. Why shuold I worry if we win vs. pats and jets ?

YOU and FTP will worry if we beat the pats and jets because you're a bills hater.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
I 'm not contradicting myself at all.

I was wrong about the Chargers. Being wrong is not a contradiction- it's being wrong.

But, we're really off topic here. The Bills looked like **** against Miami, Arizona, St. Louis and Oakland. We have two tough division games coming up and really put ourselves in a hole with the division loss. That's the reality, regardless of my attitude or whether or not I contradicted myself.

saying a team is good, then when it doesnt prove your point and you change your mind its not being wrong, its a CONTRADICTION. end of story.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 03:30 PM
saying a team is good, then when it doesnt prove your point and you change your mind its not being wrong, its a CONTRADICTION. end of story.desperate

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Basically OP, its as simple as this....we are about to go into November with only 2 losses and a very legit shot at making the playoffs. No matter what you say. You are dead wrong if you say this team, at 5-2 right now...with a schedule with 2 teams over .500 does not have a shot....you are completely wrong if you make that arguement so dont even try it....So if you were told before the season that at this point in the season we would be 5-2 (with no knowledge of quality of play) and that we were a win a way from leading the division....would you be happy knowing that...?

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
and I ask bc you are so obsessed with means, instead of results. Im sure few Giant fans care what their record was last year.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 03:43 PM
saying a team is good, then when it doesnt prove your point and you change your mind its not being wrong, its a CONTRADICTION. end of story.

I said the chargers were a good team. They certainly haven't played like a good team. That means I was WRONG. It's not a contradiction, it means I was wrong.

And let's pretend, for a second, that I did contradict myself with SD. How do you explain Arizona, Miami, Oakland and St. Louis?

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Basically OP, its as simple as this....we are about to go into November with only 2 losses and a very legit shot at making the playoffs. No matter what you say. You are dead wrong if you say this team, at 5-2 right now...with a schedule with 2 teams over .500 does not have a shot....you are completely wrong if you make that arguement so dont even try it....So if you were told before the season that at this point in the season we would be 5-2 (with no knowledge of quality of play) and that we were a win a way from leading the division....would you be happy knowing that...?

I never said they don't have a shot. I said the division loss makes it a LOT harder to win the division and based on how the team has been playing, I don't think they can do it.

And for the SECOND time, there are THREE teams on our schedule over .500- the Jets, NE and the Broncos. and FIVE of our NINE games are against them. So it's not as easy as you're trying to make it sound.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
and I ask bc you are so obsessed with means, instead of results. Im sure few Giant fans care what their record was last year.

But means lead to results more often than not.

You guys whine that I *****ed about a win. Well guess what? All those things I *****ed about lead to a LOSS against MIAMI. So, maybe, just maybe, there's something to what I'm saying.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 04:12 PM
But means lead to results more often than not.

the means resulted in a 5-2 record. Something you didn't predict.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 04:16 PM
the means resulted in a 5-2 record. Something you didn't predict.

and those means also resulted in going 1-2 over the last 3 and a division loss. It's starting to even out.

Ebenezer
10-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I never said they don't have a shot. I said the division loss makes it a LOT harder to win the division and based on how the team has been playing, I don't think they can do it.

And for the SECOND time, there are THREE teams on our schedule over .500- the Jets, NE and the Broncos. and FIVE of our NINE games are against them. So it's not as easy as you're trying to make it sound.
have you seen the Jets and Broncos play lately? I also said they could lose to the Jets and Pats and still win the division...will it be hard? Duh. That's a gimme. Just like "are you breathing". It's the NFL. This team wasn't going to compete for the division until Brady went down. If Brady didn't go down and we were 5-2 we would all be happy happy. Why can't you just enjoy the ride?

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Op must have been so happy with the loss Sunday... :shakeno:

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
have you seen the Jets and Broncos play lately? I also said they could lose to the Jets and Pats and still win the division...will it be hard? Duh. That's a gimme. Just like "are you breathing". It's the NFL. This team wasn't going to compete for the division until Brady went down. If Brady didn't go down and we were 5-2 we would all be happy happy. Why can't you just enjoy the ride?

They can lose to the Jets and the pats, but not twice- they'd have to SPLIT with both teams which is highly unlikely.

And when have you seen the Bills exploit another team's weakness this season?

SD is susceptible to the long pass-we didn't go deep on them once.
Arizona is vulnerable to the pass rush and gives up sacks, but we got no pressure.
Miami had a terrible passing O and a terrible return game and we failed to take advantage of either one.

That's why I don't think the Bills can beat the Jets or Broncos despite how poorly they've been playing. The opponent's weaknesses become strengths when they play us. I don't know why, but that's been the trend this season.

I can't enjoy the ride because the ride is about to crash into a wall and I seem to be the only one who sees it.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Op must have been so happy with the loss Sunday... :shakeno:
the only thing OP cares about is being right even when he's wrong.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 04:39 PM
and those means also resulted in going 1-2 over the last 3 and a division loss. It's starting to even out.
" starting to" doesn't make it so. Starting to doesn't make it FACT! 5-2 still says you were wrong and it's still a fact.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 04:42 PM
" starting to" doesn't make it so. Starting to doesn't make it FACT! 5-2 still says you were wrong and it's still a fact.

5-2 is an illusion and you're falling for it. You'll see that I'm right sooner rather than later.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 05:31 PM
5-2 is an illusion and you're falling for it. You'll see that I'm right sooner rather than later.

but who is right, right now? this team is better than you said it would be making you wrong. and all you can do to save your ass and just keep saying wait and see, wait and see. youve been wrong so much, how much credibility can anybody put into your wait and see ways. NONE.

Typ0
10-28-2008, 05:41 PM
as bad as the teams are we've played are you people really that surprised we are 5 - 2 and ready to annoint us an elite team? Give me a break. The teams we beat are a combined 11 - 25 and the ones that beat us 7 - 7. We have played one team with a winning record and they beat us. I understand you can only play the teams on your schedule but there is a lot of evidence we are taking advantage of an easy schedule and none that we are a good team. I'm good with the advantage of an easy schedule as it will provide our young team with some confidence and playoff experience...but we have a long way to go and OP is right last sunday was a huge opportunity for us that we let slip by...

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Nobody ever did annoint this team. Op seems to be the only one not grasping that we are not an elite team, and we are young, and we are prone to mistakes. But it doesnt mean that were not good, or dont have a legit shot at the playoffs.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
but who is right, right now? this team is better than you said it would be making you wrong. and all you can do to save your ass and just keep saying wait and see, wait and see. youve been wrong so much, how much credibility can anybody put into your wait and see ways. NONE.

I was right this week.

I was right against Arizona.

I'm not as wrong as you'd like to think.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
as bad as the teams are we've played are you people really that surprised we are 5 - 2 and ready to annoint us an elite team? Give me a break. The teams we beat are a combined 11 - 25 and the ones that beat us 7 - 7. We have played one team with a winning record and they beat us. I understand you can only play the teams on your schedule but there is a lot of evidence we are taking advantage of an easy schedule and none that we are a good team. I'm good with the advantage of an easy schedule as it will provide our young team with some confidence and playoff experience...but we have a long way to go and OP is right last sunday was a huge opportunity for us that we let slip by...

at least you and Historian are still making sense.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 06:12 PM
I was right this week.

I was right against Arizona.

I'm not as wrong as you'd like to think.

in the grand picture, you are wrong, youve been nothing but wrong and you will constantly be wrong. end of story

Typ0
10-28-2008, 06:24 PM
in the grand picture, you are wrong, youve been nothing but wrong and you will constantly be wrong. end of story

thank you for that enlightening post. they should pay you as part of the writing staff.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
thank you for that enlightening post. they should pay you as part of the writing staff.

he is so obsessed with being right, you really have to spell it out for him. Seriously though. We have areas to improve. We get it. Everyone gets it. Why does he constantly cry? I just dont get it. I have never seen somebody so annoying and negative. And really...its beyond being objective...lets be real...

Typ0
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
he is so obsessed with being right, you really have to spell it out for him. Seriously though. We have areas to improve. We get it. Everyone gets it. Why does he constantly cry? I just dont get it. I have never seen somebody so annoying and negative. And really...its beyond being objective...lets be real...

it's because you expect to argue with him using your rules just like many here are doing. I'm not telling you to play by op's rules either just respect that the world does not revolve around your rules...then there can be some productive debate and the way you take things might not be the way they are intended. This is a public message board and there should be no requirements in attitude here other than other people are respected. I see a lot of people with rose colored glasses who reign down on OP because he's got crap on his...both sides are equally off base IMO.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 06:48 PM
I respect his opinion just like most on here, I just dont understand why ever word out of his mouth is something negative about this team. Like ive said, its one thing to be objective and its another to constantly ***** no matter what. You could give OP a winning lotto ticket for a million dollars and he'd ***** about the amount getting taxed. This is a good, young team, who is going to have growing pains. Everybody gets that. Why doesnt he. We talk about the bad and move on. He dwells.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM

really? That's about the most inaccurate statement ever.

I was ONE GAME off with my prediction last year. Just one game. People were talking playoffs and all this **** and I was much closer to being right than they were. All the problems I said we'd have actually manifested themselves on the field.

So, you go on and keep thinking that I was wrong so you don't have to deal with the reality of this team. But it's just an illusion.

Typ0
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
OP suffers from the same thing I have seen some others with. Extreemly high expectations and inability to accept what is there that is positive because the expectations aren't being met. We all want to have things go the way they have in NE this decade and having that happen is going to take a lot. It's not happening so that proves many things are wrong. Can't say I argue with him really. I think he just needs to state his case a bit differently at times and he might find less people upset with him.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I respect his opinion just like most on here, I just dont understand why ever word out of his mouth is something negative about this team. Like ive said, its one thing to be objective and its another to constantly ***** no matter what. You could give OP a winning lotto ticket for a million dollars and he'd ***** about the amount getting taxed. This is a good, young team, who is going to have growing pains. Everybody gets that. Why doesnt he. We talk about the bad and move on. He dwells.

Because this team still underachieved. They're good but they're not that good. 5-2 is nice but it doesn't make up for a decade of mediocrity. Even you admit the team has problems. Until they overcome those problems, they haven't accomplished anything. You're happy that we're at 5-2, I'm concerned that 5-2 is as good as it gets. This team has let us down before and I see plenty of reasons why they're going to do it again.

I dwell? Did you notice that those growing pains cost us a game against our division rivals TWO DAYS AGO? How is discussing a team's most recent game on a message board devoted to that team "dwelling"?

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Because this team still underachieved. They're good but they're not that good. 5-2 is nice but it doesn't make up for a decade of mediocrity. Even you admit the team has problems. Until they overcome those problems, they haven't accomplished anything. You're happy that we're at 5-2, I'm concerned that 5-2 is as good as it gets. This team has let us down before and I see plenty of reasons why they're going to do it again.

I dwell? Did you notice that those growing pains cost us a game against our division rivals TWO DAYS AGO? How is discussing a team's most recent game on a message board devoted to that team "dwelling"?

see now your going into a complete different thing and that is dwelling on this decade of mediocrity. not going down that arguement road cuz you just feed on the negativity and you love to just ***** about the pain the bills have caused you. 5-2 is underachieving? You say we are bad, yet we are 5-2...so wouldnt that be overachieving? No kidding we havent accomplished anything, we also havent missed the playoffs yet this year so stop crying about something that hasnt had a chance to freaking happen yet. Guess what we are a young team and the growing pains are going to happen. Until you get that though your head you will just continue to be *****y. Im done with this pissing match. all you do is argue in circles and you dont even know what youre arguing about, your just looking for something...its gotten rather sad. Once again, you were wrong, youve always been wrong, you will continue to be wrong. End of story.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Because this team still underachieved. They're good but they're not that good. 5-2 is nice but it doesn't make up for a decade of mediocrity.

I dwell? How is discussing a team's most recent game on a message board devoted to that team "dwelling"?

one last thing

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 08:18 PM
all in one post....bravo Op.....bravo....

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 10:41 PM
see now your going into a complete different thing and that is dwelling on this decade of mediocrity. not going down that arguement road cuz you just feed on the negativity and you love to just ***** about the pain the bills have caused you. 5-2 is underachieving? You say we are bad, yet we are 5-2...so wouldnt that be overachieving? No kidding we havent accomplished anything, we also havent missed the playoffs yet this year so stop crying about something that hasnt had a chance to freaking happen yet. Guess what we are a young team and the growing pains are going to happen. Until you get that though your head you will just continue to be *****y. Im done with this pissing match. all you do is argue in circles and you dont even know what youre arguing about, your just looking for something...its gotten rather sad. Once again, you were wrong, youve always been wrong, you will continue to be wrong. End of story.

I'm not wrong. Our chances of winning the division were severely diminished on Sunday but you don't want to see it. I fully explained why but you just ignore it.

You want to know why I'm so negative and down on the team? A DECADE of losing. And you can call it dwelling but IT'S STILL HAPPENING. We haven't made the playoffs yet. We haven't beat NE yet. We haven't had a winning record yet. So, I ask again, how is it "dwelling" to discuss something that's STILL OCCURRING?

If I argue in circles, it's only because you and others switch the argument to things I've said in the PAST. I was *****ing after a LOSS, you switch the argument to the time I *****ed after a win. I was showing how the things I pointed out after the win led to this loss, you and others start complaining about my negative attitude. How the hell am I supposed to avoid arguing in circles when you people can't even stay on topic?

And just because you accuse me of arguing in circles doesn't make it so. The Bills have a winning record but look like **** on the field. SD has looked like **** on the field. So, if I say both teams are bad, where's the circle? Seems pretty damn consistent to me. You and justa have a tendency to ignore distinctions so you can accuse me of arguing in circles when it's simply not true.

If I'm so wrong, why were we so mediocre last year? If I'm so wrong about everything, why did we lose last week? I know what I'm saying ruins your little delusion that 5-2 means something, but that doesn't make it any less real.

HAMMER
10-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Everyone has heard your argument, you are entitled to your opinions. But why do you have to say it a hundred times over, like you are some sort of crusader. You make yourself look like a lunatic repeating the same thing over and over and over and over. We don't all want to see it your way, we don't all need to see it your way. We are not all wrong because we don't see it your way. Just let it go, you really are dragging everyone down.

BillsOwnAll
10-28-2008, 11:04 PM
All of Ops threads end up in arguing about whether the bills are good or not. They should make a rule in the TOS about instigating fights.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Everyone has heard your argument, you are entitled to your opinions. But why do you have to say it a hundred times over, like you are some sort of crusader. You make yourself look like a lunatic repeating the same thing over and over and over and over. We don't all want to see it your way, we don't all need to see it your way. We are not all wrong because we don't see it your way. Just let it go, you really are dragging everyone down.

I'm dragging everyone down? Look at how many times Whitner is called a "hard hitter" or someone talks about "beast mode" or any of the other things that are repeated ad nauseum on this board. You don't complain about those. You're just complaining about me repeating myself because you don't like what I'm saying. Too bad.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
All of Ops threads end up in arguing about whether the bills are good or not. They should make a rule in the TOS about instigating fights.

I don't instigate anything. I always back up what I say and do my best to stay on topic. I'll admit I do get drawn off quite a bit, but it's never my fault.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm not wrong. Our chances of winning the division were severely diminished on Sunday but you don't want to see it. I fully explained why but you just ignore it.

.now it's severely diminished. Earlier you said it was a dent.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't instigate anything. I always back up what I say and do my best to stay on topic. I'll admit I do get drawn off quite a bit, but it's never my fault.with your opinion. Not facts. Fact is we're 5-2 . How bad this team is, is your opinion.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 09:40 AM
with your opinion. Not facts. Fact is we're 5-2 . How bad this team is, is your opinion.

This is the problem with you and others: you assume all opinions are equal. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but not all opinions are equal in terms of the basis on which they are formed.

Watch the games. Look at the stats. That's the evidence, and it shows a team that is vulnerable to the quick slant, lacks a pass rush, can't run block and doesn't create turnovers. Look at the standings. It shows an NE team that still isn't losing as tied with us, and technically ahead of us with the tiebreaker. Losing Brady hurts, but they still have Bellicheck, Moss, Welker, etc. Look at the upcoming schedule. Five of our remaining 9 games are in the division. 5 of them are against teams that are over .500. Two of them are high-pressure situations.

Look at the evidence for your opinions. We barely beat an awful St. Louis team. We barely beat a one-dimensional Oakland team. We barely beat a 3-4 Chargers team. THAT's your basis. It's all you have.

So, like it or not, the evidence supporting my opinion more than outweighs the evidence supporting your opinion.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 09:42 AM
So, like it or not, the evidence supporting my opinion more than outweighs the evidence supporting your opinion.I don't care if we barely beat the Rams. They beat the cowboys and the cowboys beat the.... we can go in circles all day long. How weak we are because of who we beat and how we beat is your opinion which happens to change depending on the outcome like the chargers , Jags, etc.

5-2 supports mine more. 5-2 is a fact. DEAL WITH IT!!

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't care if we barely beat the Rams. They beat the cowboys and the cowboys beat the.... we can go in circles all day long. How weak we are because of who we beat and how we beat is your opinion which happens to change depending on the outcome like the chargers , Jags, etc.

5-2 supports mine more. 5-2 is a fact. DEAL WITH IT!!

It's a fact for now. It won't be for long. Deal with it.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 09:47 AM
:hi5:

I would have thanked this post if it were an option!

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 09:48 AM
It won't be for long. .see now thats opinion. Why am I gonna deal with your opinion when I've been right more than you have?

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 09:48 AM
It's a fact for now. It won't be for long. Deal with it.
Op again rooting for the bills to lose :puke:

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Op again rooting for the bills to lose :puke:

Buy a dictionary. Look up "rooting." Then look up "predicting". You'll find they have two very different meanings.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Buy a dictionary. Look up "rooting." Then look up "predicting". You'll find they have two very different meanings.

a dent is not severe either unless you think a dent is the end of the world.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 09:52 AM
a dent is not severe either unless you think a dent is the end of the world.

depends on the size of the dent.

I've already stated what this team would now have to do to win the division. If you are incapable of seeing how difficult that is- and how it would be significantly easier had we won on Sunday- I can't help you.

SABURZFAN
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't instigate anything. I always back up what I say and do my best to stay on topic. I'll admit I do get drawn off quite a bit, but it's never my fault.

:rofl:

SABURZFAN
10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
see now thats opinion. Why am I gonna deal with your opinion when I've been right more than you have?

:roflmao:

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
depends on the size of the dent.

I've already stated what this team would now have to do to win the division. If you are incapable of seeing how difficult that is- and how it would be significantly easier had we won on Sunday- I can't help you.
because you opinions mean nothing to me since I've been right more than you have. Don't know how difficult that is for you to understand.

Typ0
10-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I think op has been right more than justa myself...

SABURZFAN
10-29-2008, 10:00 AM

i agree. :up:

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 10:01 AM
that because you're clueless.

THATHURMANATOR
Not to say OP doesn't make a lot of good points, but if he were right more than Justa the Bills would be 0-7

HAMMER
I'm done with this guy, no mas. He is close to single handedly driving me away from this website for good. The only explanation is mental instability.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Not to say OP doesn't make a lot of good points, but if he were right more than Justa the Bills would be 0-7
OP hasn't won 1 bet we've made and he's losing the bets we've made this season. Why do you think he isn't replying to my claim?

Typo and saburz don't know that so they're just posting out of their asses.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm done with this guy, no mas. He is close to single handedly driving me away from this website for good. The only explanation is mental instability.
If you leave who will make fun of our video gaming ways?

Typ0
10-29-2008, 10:09 AM

and no doubt you are right again...in your mind at least and that is proof to you that you are a genius [in a plastic bubble].

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 10:10 AM

I posted a whole ton of problems with this team. I posted REAL FACTS about how hard it will be to win the division, yet no one wants to acknowledge it because it ruins their delusions about the team. How does that make ME mentally unstable?

SABURZFAN
10-29-2008, 10:11 AM

pot........

kettle........

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 10:12 AM
OP hasn't won 1 bet we've made and he's losing the bets we've made this season. Why do you think he isn't replying to my claim?

Typo and saburz don't know that so they're just posting out of their asses.

Winning a few bets doesn't mean you were right more than me. It means you were right about the 2 or 3 things that we bet on. There were plenty of other things that I was right about where we didn't bet.

Typ0
10-29-2008, 10:12 AM

OP makes a lot of good points people just take offense because they don't fit their model of Buffalo Bills utopia.

The fact is, we lost a tie breaker with NE by losing to Miami because Miami beat NE. That means we have to win more divisional games to beat them than had we gained the tie breaker. If we gained that tie breaker we could split with NE and still win the division much easier than now. It's just too complicated for you brilliant strategists to figure out I guess.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Winning a few bets doesn't mean you were right more than me. It means you were right about the 2 or 3 things that we bet on. There were plenty of other things that I was right about where we didn't bet.
well our predictions head to head makes it seem so. Whenever we stick our head out, yours usually gets decapitated. We've had this discussion before, our predictions haven't been far apart , it's just mine have been more accurate.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 10:16 AM
and no doubt you are right again....
thanks

Typ0
10-29-2008, 10:18 AM
thanks

I see the way you cement your arguements never changes.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I see the way you cement your arguements never changes.
and posting out of your arse hasn't changed :snicker:

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 10:28 AM
OP makes a lot of good points people just take offense because they don't fit their model of Buffalo Bills utopia.

The fact is, we lost a tie breaker with NE by losing to Miami because Miami beat NE. That means we have to win more divisional games to beat them than had we gained the tie breaker. If we gained that tie breaker we could split with NE and still win the division much easier than now. It's just too complicated for you brilliant strategists to figure out I guess.

What does logic and insight have to do with this?

Typ0
10-29-2008, 10:35 AM
What does logic and insight have to do with this?

don't worry op...if they can't respond with something like "you're wrong" because it's clearly right and proves them wrong...they won't respond at all.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 10:49 AM

No one thinks losing a division game is a good thing. I think that is obvious and all are aware of this. Many feel we have a good shot to still. Op thinks there is no chance. I think that is the whole argument.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 10:52 AM
No one thinks losing a division game is a good thing. I think that is obvious and all are aware of this. Many feel we have a good shot to still. Op thinks there is no chance. I think that is the whole argument.

OP actually said it was only a dent. Oh no, it's severe, oh wait...

BillsOwnAll
10-29-2008, 10:54 AM
We can obviously tell who actully roots for the bills on sundays. and who roots for there "predictions of the bills sucking" to be right just so they can come on here and say I TOLD YOU SO!

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 11:01 AM

he does make a lot of good points. I've thanked him several times when I agree with him. Like I've stated, we've had a lot of the the same predictions but the difference , he's half empty, I'm half full.

Typ0
10-29-2008, 11:17 AM
and the truly pathetic thing is you half full people take offense to anything that YOU construe as negative and get aggressive to the point that you seem to want to hit people with a brick.

There is 8 ounces in a glass. If there is 4 ounces in it then it is both half full and half empty. The fact is there is 4 ounces in it and that is what is important you can argue about your perspective all you want it doesn't make you the only person that is right.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 12:03 PM
and the truly pathetic thing is you half full people take offense to anything that YOU construe as negative and get aggressive to the point that you seem to want to hit people with a brick.
thats your interpretation.

There is 8 ounces in a glass. If there is 4 ounces in it then it is both half full and half empty. The fact is there is 4 ounces in it and that is what is important you can argue about your perspective all you want it doesn't make you the only person that is right.are you talking to me or OP? ;)

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 12:13 PM
We can obviously tell who actully roots for the bills on sundays. and who roots for there "predictions of the bills sucking" to be right just so they can come on here and say I TOLD YOU SO!

Go **** yourself. Seriously, I'm so sick of listening to this ****.

I don't live in Buffalo. I spend $350 a year for Sunday Ticket plus Superfan just to watch the games on TV. And I watch every second of every game. In addition, I go to at least one game a year in Buffalo and to the road games every time the Bills are in Washington or Baltimore. You think I spend all that time and money just to prove myself to a bunch of anonymous people on a message board?

I root for the Bills as much as anyone on this board, if not moreso. I don't think the Bills will win, but that has absolutely ZERO bearing on me rooting for the team or WANTING them to win.

And if you don't believe me, there are numerous people on this board who have watched games with me- both at the stadium and on TV- that can verify.

I'm really sick of simple-minded homers like yourself who can't make a distinction between what you want to happen and what's likely to happen.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I am not a simple minded homer am I :ill:

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I am not a simple minded homer am I :ill:

That depends.

Do you think I root for the Bills to lose just so I can log onto this website and say "I told you so"?

If yes, then you're a simple minded homer.

If no, then you're good to go.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Since I have met you numerous times I know you don't want the Bills to lose. Its just that sometimes your posts read that way. For someone that doesn't know you I can see them getting that impression. Like I said I do agree with many of your points I think it boils down to the severity of the issues differs in our minds.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Since I have met you numerous times I know you don't want the Bills to lose. Its just that sometimes your posts read that way. For someone that doesn't know you I can see them getting that impression. Like I said I do agree with many of your points I think it boils down to the severity of the issues differs in our minds.

Thanks. And you're not a simple minded homer.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 12:23 PM
:hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Op is it possible that you could become just a slightly bit more OPtimistic? :idunno:

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Do you think I root for the Bills to lose just so I can log onto this website and say "I told you so"?

sometimes it seems that way. Even after we beat SD ,a team you said was good, you then talk like we sucked after beating them. Tehn you later changed your mind and said they sucked .What's next? If we beat the jets and you are wrong again will you change your mind? I doubt it.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 12:34 PM
sometimes it seems that way. Even after we beat SD ,a team you said was good, you then talk like we sucked after beating them. Tehn you later changed your mind and said they sucked .What's next? If we beat the jets and you are wrong again will you change your mind? I doubt it.

We beat SD- that doesn't automatically make us good. 4 other teams have beaten SD too. And in case you forgot, we played the Dolphins AFTER we played SD and looked like **** doing it.

If we beat the Jets we still have a LONG way to go but it would be a step in the right direction. I'm looking for a pass rush and a secondary that can create some turnovers against a turnover prone team and some run blocking. Until we fix those things, this team will be lucky to even make the playoffs, and if we do make it, we'll just get blown out in the first round.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Op is it possible that you could become just a slightly bit more OPtimistic? :idunno:

possible but not likely :snicker:

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
LOL

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 12:38 PM
We beat SD- that doesn't automatically make us good. 4 other teams have beaten SD too. And in case you forgot, we played the Dolphins AFTER we played SD and looked like **** doing it.

If we beat the Jets we still have a LONG way to go but it would be a step in the right direction. I'm looking for a pass rush and a secondary that can create some turnovers against a turnover prone team and some run blocking. Until we fix those things, this team will be lucky to even make the playoffs, and if we do make it, we'll just get blown out in the first round.
Fair enough. The thing is though that no team outside Tennesee really jumps out as a team that would be better than the Bills or blow them out in the first round if the Bills made the playoffs.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
We beat SD- that doesn't automatically make us good. 4 other teams have beaten SD too. And in case you forgot, we played the Dolphins AFTER we played SD and looked like **** doing it. .It doesn't mean we suck either whch is what you tend to imply everytime you talk negatively inspite of the bills beating teams you said we wouldn't beat.

If we beat the Jets we still have a LONG way to go but it would be a step in the right direction. .long way to go towards what? Playoffs? SB?

I'm looking for a pass rush and a secondary that can create some turnovers against a turnover prone team and some run blocking. Until we fix those things, this team will be lucky to even make the playoffs, and if we do make it, we'll just get blown out in the first round.Agreed. But I don't expect us to go deep in the playoffs. Not this year.

Typ0
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
And you're not a simple minded homer.

Wrong again!

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Wrong again!
IS HE???

Typ0
10-29-2008, 12:52 PM
IS HE???

he is. He said you were half empty...when in fact you are half full.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 12:55 PM
oh ok!

FlyingDutchman
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
I posted a whole ton of problems with this team. I posted REAL FACTS about how hard it will be to win the division, yet no one wants to acknowledge it because it ruins their delusions about the team. How does that make ME mentally unstable?

dude, i didnt want to say it, but you seriously do have some issues. not talking issues wiht the bills. not just trying to be a dick. but you should see someone.

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 06:05 PM

Miami 4-5 (Lose Den/Win Seattle)

I agree. Lets sticky this thread

I could be wrong. I had Miami losing to Denver.

Next week standings could look like this

NE 6-3 (Lose Colts, Win Bills)
Jets 6-3 (Win St. Louis)
Miami 5-4 (Win Seattle)
Bills 5-4 ( Lose NE)

Off by 1, close enough.

The Bills could go from 1st to last in 2 weeks.

TacklingDummy
11-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey justa., how's my predictions from 2 weeks ago going?