PDA

View Full Version : Today Was Encouraging

Typ0
10-26-2008, 05:39 PM
we are a young team and this is what you get. Now, we get to further see if we are man or mouse. We got beat today. Miami made a statement like they've been making all season that they are not going to be a team to lay over and die...and they put it to us today. For the first time we have seen TE rattled on the field and making mistakes. I'm excited about those things. It's an opportunity to answer the bell. We don't have to be a perfect team this early in the season we need to be perfect consistently come playoff time and we've already seen what this team can do.

LivingTheLife
10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
we are a young team and this is what you get. Now, we get to further see if we are man or mouse. We got beat today. Miami made a statement like they've been making all season that they are not going to be a team to lay over and die...and they put it to us today. For the first time we have seen TE rattled on the field and making mistakes. I'm excited about those things. It's an opportunity to answer the bell. We don't have to be a perfect team this early in the season we need to be perfect consistently come playoff time and we've already seen what this team can do.

This just shows me that this team can't play on the road and Jauron doesn't seem to be able to coach well on the road. I don't see positives in that considering if we make the playoffs, we'd likely have to go on the road.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Nice post Typo. Losing 2 in a row like Miami has and playing some decent ball, they were up for this game, it won't surprise me if they tank next week though. The Bills will be ready for the Jets, but the Jets are a team fighting for the same thing the Bills are. The Bills/Jets games are nortoriously close score wise so it will be a major test for this team.

Typ0
10-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Nice post Typo. Losing 2 in a row like Miami has and playing some decent ball, they were up for this game, it won't surprise me if they tank next week though. The Bills will be ready for the Jets, but the Jets are a team fighting for the same thing the Bills are. The Bills/Jets games are nortoriously close score wise so it will be a major test for this team.

yeah it should be a good dog fight next week. It will be nice to see the Bills start to come out on top of those games.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 05:51 PM
I can't do the road or home coach thing. The Bills faced a very determined Miami team that got beat at home last week and even NE in good years struggled in Miami. Let's not forget they beat NE in NE as well. They are not the same team as last year and division road games are so tough. The Bills did more to lose this game than the Dolphins did to win it. The Bills have had 2 stinkers, I imagine they'll have 1 or 2 more before the season ends. Just growing pains.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 05:53 PM
yeah it should be a good dog fight next week. It will be nice to see the Bills start to come out on top of those games.

It would be, I think the running game came to play ( why it was abandoned I don't know) but a good ground game is needed for next week. I do worry about Favre, he'll come to play and he can do just as much as Pennington if not more. He can throw those untimely picks but they don't phase him.

Typ0
10-26-2008, 05:54 PM
This just shows me that this team can't play on the road and Jauron doesn't seem to be able to coach well on the road. I don't see positives in that considering if we make the playoffs, we'd likely have to go on the road.

wait a minute. We have went on the road and played well. It's harder to play on the road. If you said they were having trouble doing it consistently I'd agree but also add that is a tough task that ends up being an elite team if you can pull it off. I really don't think our problems are mental or coaching to be honest. I think our attempt to build a great oline ended up being a bunch of fat asses that can't stand up fast enough to stop the defenders from hitting our backs. Just a little slow as a unit. Big challenge to figure out to win the superbowl.

Typ0
10-26-2008, 05:55 PM
I can't do the road or home coach thing. The Bills faced a very determined Miami team that got beat at home last week and even NE in good years struggled in Miami. Let's not forget they beat NE in NE as well. They are not the same team as last year and division road games are so tough. The Bills did more to lose this game than the Dolphins did to win it. The Bills have had 2 stinkers, I imagine they'll have 1 or 2 more before the season ends. Just growing pains.

well there is another way to look at that too. Our guys lost little battles, got beat, and they made plays. They brought it and came out on top.

LivingTheLife
10-26-2008, 05:57 PM
wait a minute. We have went on the road and played well. It's harder to play on the road. If you said they were having trouble doing it consistently I'd agree but also add that is a tough task that ends up being an elite team if you can pull it off. I really don't think our problems are mental or coaching to be honest. I think our attempt to build a great oline ended up being a bunch of fat asses that can't stand up fast enough to stop the defenders from hitting our backs. Just a little slow as a unit. Big challenge to figure out to win the superbowl.

Oh, so coaching gets a pass? I don't understand that one.

Typ0
10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
It would be, I think the running game came to play ( why it was abandoned I don't know) but a good ground game is needed for next week. I do worry about Favre, he'll come to play and he can do just as much as Pennington if not more. He can throw those untimely picks but they don't phase him.

I think they came to play today too. They did get abandoned. My philosophy is 1st and 1, 2nd and 1 3rd and1, 4th and 1 you run the ball and get the yard and you are a good running team. We haven't shown as a good running team yet and that's why the running game got abandoned.

Typ0
10-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh, so coaching gets a pass? I don't understand that one.

It's personal. I'm happy with the teams effectiveness at this point. We didn't get it done today. The coaches are painting a picture and it's not done yet. They've had a lot of good if not great brush stokes and they missed on one. Cover it up and finish the painting. Bottom line, the coaches did not make the mistakes. TE cost us the game today IMO. I can live with that. I'm already seen him play far above where he should be at. I have every reason to believe he'll learn from the mistakes and not keep repeating them. I'm going with that. If TE keeps progressing the way he is going he will start/continue to help the team through tough times and that is what they need.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 06:20 PM
It's personal. I'm happy with the teams effectiveness at this point. We didn't get it done today. The coaches are painting a picture and it's not done yet. They've had a lot of good if not great brush stokes and they missed on one. Cover it up and finish the painting. Bottom line, the coaches did not make the mistakes. TE cost us the game today IMO. I can live with that. I'm already seen him play far above where he should be at. I have every reason to believe he'll learn from the mistakes and not keep repeating them. I'm going with that. If TE keeps progressing the way he is going he will start/continue to help the team through tough times and that is what they need.

If you're going to say it wasn't the coaching, then you also can't give them credit for the good things that happen. Now, they're not bad all the time, but they sure as hell aren't as good as some people make it seem they are on here.

LABillsFan
10-26-2008, 06:22 PM
I think they came to play today too. They did get abandoned. My philosophy is 1st and 1, 2nd and 1 3rd and1, 4th and 1 you run the ball and get the yard and you are a good running team. We haven't shown as a good running team yet and that's why the running game got abandoned.

There was a huge issue not getting the TD on the first drive. I don't think Lynch was in there and 3 runs in the middle. Jackson if he had vision on the 3rd down attempt had the outside wide open if he would of bounced it out. That's something they need to work on. They have been getting better but still that was a crucial play.

Typ0
10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
If you're going to say it wasn't the coaching, then you also can't give them credit for the good things that happen. Now, they're not bad all the time, but they sure as hell aren't as good as some people make it seem they are on here.

the coaches did not turn the football over. Had we not turned the ball over in the 4th quarter we win this game. The game plan was sound we were winning. They played tough. The fins were focused today. They stayed focused and demonstrated their work ethic to stay in the game. We turned the ball over every time we were driving with the ball in the fourth quarter and also when we were working out of their endzone. TE does not stick that ball out there on third down or take a safety and the outcome today is different. That is not a coaching disaster responsible for a loss.

Typ0
10-26-2008, 06:25 PM
There was a huge issue not getting the TD on the first drive. I don't think Lynch was in there and 3 runs in the middle. Jackson if he had vision on the 3rd down attempt had the outside wide open if he would of bounced it out. That's something they need to work on. They have been getting better but still that was a crucial play.

like I said, they have to convert the one yard first downs.

Patti120
10-26-2008, 06:29 PM

Great post!

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
the coaches did not turn the football over. Had we not turned the ball over in the 4th quarter we win this game. The game plan was sound we were winning. They played tough. The fins were focused today. They stayed focused and demonstrated their work ethic to stay in the game. We turned the ball over every time we were driving with the ball in the fourth quarter and also when we were working out of their endzone. TE does not stick that ball out there on third down or take a safety and the outcome today is different. That is not a coaching disaster responsible for a loss.

The defensive gameplan was brutal. They should have got beaten by more. They let Pennington throw for 300 yds and the Fins almost had 400 yds. Were not talking about an offensive juggernaut here.

hydro
10-26-2008, 08:26 PM
The defensive gameplan was brutal. They should have got beaten by more. They let Pennington throw for 300 yds and the Fins almost had 400 yds. Were not talking about an offensive juggernaut here.

#9 offense in the league isn't a juggernaut? I guess not but they have a pretty good offense. And you don't get that high on the list half way through the season by having one good offensive day either. They have been consistent throughout.