PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Report Card: @ Miami, 10/26/08

shelby
10-26-2008, 08:45 PM
You simply can’t turn the ball over multiple times in the NFL and
expect to walk away with a win… This week is one that we could be
looking at extremely negatively down the road, as not only did we lose
to the Dolphins, but the Jets and Patriots both picked up wins as well.
As always, we’ll start with a quick look at the grading system:

A = Excellent
B = Above Average
C = Average
D = Below Average
F = Failure

Quarterbacks: C-
- Trent started out with business as usual, it seemed. He was his normal, efficient self, and moved the ball fairly well, although he had difficulty putting the ball in the end zone in the early going. It seemed like it would be another good day, and I think most fans have grown to have confidence in him late in the game when we need it. That’s where it all changed this week, though. Multiple turnovers late in the game hurt very badly. While he might get a pass for the interception he threw, since it was hit when he let it go, the fumble is pretty much inexcusable. Edwards always gets the smart guy label, but holding the ball out in front of you like that in the middle of a scrum is not at all a smart thing to do, especially when it looked like you already had the first down anyways.

Running Backs: B
- The running backs performed solidly, as usual. Marshawn had a great touchdown run, and put up decent numbers. If you were to combine his stats with Fred Jackson’s, you’d get 23 carries for 102 yards, and a TD. Not a bad day at all, really. Throw in a few receptions to boot, and you can’t really complain too much about these guys. That being said, I’m still waiting for the “breakout” game from Lynch this year. We all know he has the capability to do it, but I don’t think he’s getting the ball enough to really make it happen.

more... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/26/buffalo_bills_report_card_miami_102608.php)