PDA

View Full Version : jets=not a must win.

BillsOwnAll
10-26-2008, 10:19 PM
ok ok im pissed we lost today. We finish 11-5..thats good right? But your gonna be pissed FIVE times. You cannot win them all. If you take a look the AFC is a very weak conference right now. We have the tiebreakers against the chargers also which helps. There is no must win for a 5-2 team 3 games up in the WC tied for the division lead at week 9 in the season, so why are you talking silly. Yes its a big game for the jets...but a must win...no get real. 10 wins looks like it will get you in the playoffs..were 5-2...thats going 5-4 next 9 games. So if we can lose 4 more times..how is it a must win in the first game in that 9 game stretch..you people are just looking at today and blowing it out of proportion. A road division game against our rivals. chances are your going to lose.

UltimateBillsFan
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree with some aspects of your argument but I disagree with you saying that this Jets game isn't a very big game. I think this divisional game is the most important home game we've had yet and it's going to be a big test. What worries me about the Bills is the lack of emotion they showed in today's game. I noticed the Dolphins players all pumped up from the start. I also vividly remember seeing Trent Edwards sitting on the bench after a turnover looking dazed and concussed. This 'our s**t doesn't stink' mentality has to stop or we will continue to lose very winnable games. I think Jauron will jump right on this and get them all riled up by the time Sunday comes around.

evol4276
10-27-2008, 12:05 AM
im confused about this "*** dont stink" attitude everyone thinks the team has. so far the only people i've seen with that attitude are posters on here

Michael82
10-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Sorry, but this game is HUGE! If we lose this one, we fall to a tie for 2nd place, or a 3 way tie for 1st place, being behind both teams with an 0-2 division record. This isn't must win, but it's pretty damn close!

njsue
10-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Sorry, but this game is HUGE! If we lose this one, we fall to a tie for 2nd place, or a 3 way tie for 1st place, being behind both teams with an 0-2 division record. This isn't must win, but it's pretty damn close!

There is no way the Bills lose next sunday to Gangreen at the Ralph.

Brett Farve melt's under pressure.

I expect the Bills to beat the crap out of Gangreen and give Brett Farve one of the worst games of his career. BANK ON IT.

Oaf
10-27-2008, 02:04 AM
I'm gonna be at that game so if we have to pick b/w NE and NYJ, lets beat the Jets. That being said, even if we lose to the Jets the season is not nearly over.

Who really expected us to go 8-1 anyways? I think this was a fairly good time to lose so we could be focused for the next two or three.

Griff
10-27-2008, 02:08 AM
Sorry this isn't hockey, every game is a must win.

CuseJetsFan83
10-27-2008, 03:15 AM
with only 16 games..... ALL games are must wins... especially with these tough division games, and not to mention, all those division games actually have meaning...... plus with all the parity in the AFC...... 10-6 or 11-5 might not even make the playoffs

shelby
10-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Farve may melt under pressure, but if the Bills aren't bringing that pressure....i'm just sayin'.

If the AFC East is a weak conference, as BOA said, then why did the Fins look like a far superior team yesterday?

i am happy that we are 5-2, but honestly, i expected us to be 6-1. This was a frustrating loss for me. The team didn't look like a 5-2 team to me yesterday.

Some adjustments need to be made this week. We need a healthy Youboty. And if Derek Fine is ready to play, perhaps Robert Royal can sit his ass down.

CuseJetsFan83
10-27-2008, 04:33 AM
Farve may melt under pressure, but if the Bills aren't bringing that pressure....i'm just sayin'.

If the AFC East is a weak conference, as BOA said, then why did the Fins look like a far superior team yesterday?

i am happy that we are 5-2, but honestly, i expected us to be 6-1. This was a frustrating loss for me. The team didn't look like a 5-2 team to me yesterday.

Some adjustments need to be made this week. We need a healthy Youboty. And if Derek Fine is ready to play, perhaps Robert Royal can sit his ass down.

well i do agree that it's not the end of the world for a loss..... but with only 16 games played, every win matters, and loss for that matter.

miami probably won't make the playoffs, but they are definitely not the doormat we all thought they were.

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 04:42 AM
There is no way the Bills lose next sunday to Gangreen at the Ralph.

Brett Farve melt's under pressure.

I expect the Bills to beat the crap out of Gangreen and give Brett Farve one of the worst games of his career. BANK ON IT.Didn't you say there was no way they would lose to the Fins?? Just saying Sue

Historian
10-27-2008, 04:46 AM
The Jet game is a must win, because if you can't beat the 1-15 fish, you sure as hell aren't going to come out of Foxboro with a win.

That would make three divisional losses in a row, and takes you pretty much out of contention for either of the two top seeds.

So yea, we better knock the snot out of the jests.

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 04:50 AM
The Jet game is a must win, because if you can't beat the 1-15 fish, you sure as hell aren't going to come out of Foxboro with a win.

That would make three divisional losses in a row, and takes you pretty much out of contention for either of the two top seeds.

So yea, we better knock the snot out of the jests.No one can beat the 1-15 Fish. That season is over:up:

Check the calendar Dave, it's 2008 now!

Historian
10-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Go cut bait flipper.

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Just making sure your senile ass was up to date sir

BillsOwnAll
10-27-2008, 07:22 AM
I said it was a big game...but a must win no. It would be a huge win

But think of what your saying

define must-win?...a game in which is played that if the opponent doesnt win there season is just above or over.

So if we lose were done? You guys are going over board. There is a difference between a big game and a must win.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 08:58 AM
I said it was a big game...but a must win no. It would be a huge win

But think of what your saying

define must-win?...a game in which is played that if the opponent doesnt win there season is just above or over.

So if we lose were done? You guys are going over board. There is a difference between a big game and a must win.

If we lose, we're done in terms of winning the division. What part of "3rd place" don't you understand?

NE is going to keep winning. If we drop to 5-3, that meas we have to finish the season NO WORSE than 6-2 to stay in the division hunt, and that may not even be enough.

Losing to the Jets is certainly not a dealbreaker in terms of a wild card, but it's another conference loss and it gives a tiebreaker to a team that will most likely also be in that wild card hunt. So, if we lose this game, it's going to be HUGE come the last week in December.