I thought The Cover Two Prevented The Big Play??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

I thought The Cover Two Prevented The Big Play??

Ted Guinn had receptions of 46 and 64 yards and Ricky Williams takes a screen pass for about 30 or 40 yards. WTF good is it?? It was also routinely burned on first down for 6-8 yard completions too setting up very managable down and distance for the Fish. Terrible, just terrible team defense.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: I thought The Cover Two Prevented The Big Play??

Originally posted by mchurchfie
    Ted Guinn had receptions of 46 and 64 yards and Ricky Williams takes a screen pass for about 30 or 40 yards. WTF good is it?? It was also routinely burned on first down for 6-8 yard completions too setting up very managable down and distance for the Fish. Terrible, just terrible team defense.
    It does if you actually cover.

McGee played the "15 yard cushion - 2". Everyone is open when your 15 yards away.

Comment

• colin
      Drew's my hero!
      • Jul 2002

our d wasn't great, and was really bad at times, but overall it was our O that lost it. 5 turnovers!?!?!?!?!? we were up 16 7, and let up a FG. we could have shut them down at that point with a td score. our O lost this game plain and simple.

i am a bit worried about the D, but with marshawn lycnh we simply gave up running after a great 3rd quarter drive.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

If a play is going for a long way in the Cover 2, its either because the coverage got broken, or the safeties aren't good enough to play the system. I didnt see the game so I dont know what happened, but McGee playing 7-10 yards off doesnt equate to Ginn going for 64 yards. Eventually a safety is supposed to be over top.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X