PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions....

Jolielova143
10-27-2008, 01:34 AM
I love that we are 5-2 right now. Who the hell would have predicted that? We are a young, inexperienced team that is heading in the right direction. However...here are some questions I wonder about sometimes.

1. Whitner a playmaker? I love Donte, don't get me wrong, but I have yet to see him make any game changing plays, or big hits, or anything that would warrant him being a playmaker. There seems to be a lot of excitement surrounding him, and I am excited about his POTENTIAL, but I feel like he can do so much more. Maybe its more about our defensive scheme than anything else?

2. I understand that McKelvin broke all kinds of records in college but is anyone else getting frustrated with his kick off returns? I don't feel like it's working. McGee has proven he can do it time and time again, I'd like to see him get that job back once he is healthy. It will help us win games. Maybe even Freddy Jackson?

3. I really like Hardy. I liked the catches he made today and wish Trent threw to him more often because he was open a lot from what people at the game were saying. However, I would not mind seeing Steve Johnson in there. Maybe like another poster mentioned we have a case of the McCargo/K. Williams thing, where the later choice can produce faster? I'm not saying take Hardy out, I'm saying ADD Steve Johnson. With Reed hurt, it's not like Parrish was making plays, and it's not like we were doing anything to attempt to use Parrish the way he should be used. Stevie J. can catch the ball. We should use him.

4. Will we ever learn to make adjustments? Especially defensively. OMG....it is beyond frustrating to see Tedd freaking Ginn eat up our secondary like he did today and we have no answer for him. Are you serious? We might as well have been playing against Steve Smith out there. And where was the blitz? If our coaches want to give us the best opportunity to succeed, they HAVE to be willing to GET OUT OF A GAMEPLAN when it is FAILING. Why don't they?

4b. Um, why are we running the ball at the goal line 3 times in a row with Freddy Jackson? That was stupid. I couldn't believe that. Lynch as a nose for the endzone and he's on the sidelines? Are you kidding me right now? Wow.

Anyways...just some things I was wondering about. Anyone else wanna clear them up for me?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Oaf
10-27-2008, 02:07 AM
Good thoughts Jolie.. post more often. I'm with you on all of those especially 4b. The Lynch TD run made the coaches look foolish for not putting him earlier. I love Fred (see avatar) but the coaches have to be more selective in his use.

Historian
10-27-2008, 04:42 AM
Can't disagree with much here.

I hang this loss on Turk. The play calling was abysmal. He kept calling those deep outs that take forever to develop.