PDA

View Full Version : Maybe They are figuring out Trent Edwards now

ghz in pittsburgh
10-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Miami is the first team this year that has played Trent Edwards before. And they hold his completion rate way down, got one INT and two fumbles (on safety).

We are talking about Losman kind of numbers here except I don't think Losman ever played a really bad against Miami in his career.

The Jets, Pats and the Browns all have played Edwards last year. So lets see if we are going to bad spell or not - if Edwards is real or not.

Night Train
10-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Here's a thought.

When you open the 2nd half driving down the field running & throwing short passes (against 5-6 DB's) to take a 16-7 lead, don't change what you're doing.

streetkings01
10-27-2008, 07:57 AM
He had a bad game man....let it go! Tom Brady always has 1 bad game a season against the Dolphins, does that mean they figured him out?

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2008, 07:58 AM
I don't really buy into figuring a QB like Edwards out. Its not like he is running gimmick plays. Figuring out the offense the Bills are running maybe.

streetkings01
10-27-2008, 07:59 AM
It wasn't as if his INT was a horrible pass....it was a tipped pass! His fumble was a bonehead play, but we had no problem in that game moving the ball up and down the field on the Dolphins, we just couldn't cash in when we needed to. That game we should've scored 24+ points easy, but you dont always get what you want!

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Yes the Fumble was an extention that most times would have been blown dead for forward progress. Honestly I hate that our interior of our line is so bad with a back lick Lynch you would think getting a 3rd and short would be simple.

streetkings01
10-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't really buy into figuring a QB like Edwards out. Its not like he is running gimmick plays. Figuring out the offense the Bills are running maybe.It's crazy how a QB can have 1 bad game and then all of a sudden he's all figured out!

Pennington has been in the NFL almost 10 years and I'm pretty sure teams have figured him out, but you still have to actually stop him and prevent him from doing what he does best! Edwards will bounce back from this game, because he always seems to learn from his mistakes.....next week is a must win and I think this team knows it!

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Exactly how do you figure out smart QBs that play in traditional offenses?

shaunm000
10-27-2008, 08:19 AM
As a Miami fan, i have tons of respect for trent. On alot of plays he had so much time, but amazingly Miami's secondary played your Wrs tight. I think he just held the ball way to long on alot of plays.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Edwards, other than his hands and holding onto the ball, is doing everything we could ask of him given the plays called for him.

Teams will be focusing on the fumble-itis, but that's about it.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 08:52 AM
It wasn't as if his INT was a horrible pass....it was a tipped pass! His fumble was a bonehead play, but we had no problem in that game moving the ball up and down the field on the Dolphins, we just couldn't cash in when we needed to. That game we should've scored 24+ points easy, but you dont always get what you want!

my thoughts exactly. He held the ball too long sometimes, which i suppose could mean they blanketed our receivers cuz they knew where the ball was going, but those fumbles were really his own fault.

Albany,n.y.
10-27-2008, 04:57 PM
We are talking about Losman kind of numbers here except I don't think Losman ever played a really bad against Miami in his career.

Then you didn't watch last year's game in Miami against a really bad Dolphins team. The Bills won 13-10, JP was horrible. The only points the Bills scored in the 1st 3 quarters was on a safety. When JP got close to a scoring drive in the 1st half, he got intercepted in the end zone. JP was 12 of 23 for 157 yards. For the QB ratings fans (personally, I hate those ratings because they make QBs like JP & RJ look better because they don't measure guys with no pocket awareness) JP had his worst QB rating of the year: 55.9.

Ingtar33
10-27-2008, 05:22 PM
it was pretty basic how miami played us.

they flooded the field with DBs, didn't bother to blitz, and rushed 3 or 4...

the only big plays trent got were against the miami blitz, the rest of the time, he had a lot of difficulty finding open guys... because there wasn't any.

meanwhile, Miami's pressure was getting to him, even with just 3 or 4 people rushing (terrible line play). In fact the dolphins did something no team we've played has done to date. they played us in a nickle for about 80% of the game; daring us to run, and beat them on the ground; that's a massive amount of respect paid to trent, and disrespect to the bills o-line.

Basically they pulled out the defensive playbook you use to beat Payton Manning, or Tom Brady.

shelby
10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
As a Miami fan, i have tons of respect for trent. On alot of plays he had so much time, but amazingly Miami's secondary played your Wrs tight. I think he just held the ball way to long on alot of plays.

Thank you.

Ing...i would have never thought of the situation like that. Thank you for pointing it out.

TheBrownBear
10-27-2008, 08:52 PM
it was pretty basic how miami played us.

they flooded the field with DBs, didn't bother to blitz, and rushed 3 or 4...

the only big plays trent got were against the miami blitz, the rest of the time, he had a lot of difficulty finding open guys... because there wasn't any.

meanwhile, Miami's pressure was getting to him, even with just 3 or 4 people rushing (terrible line play). In fact the dolphins did something no team we've played has done to date. they played us in a nickle for about 80% of the game; daring us to run, and beat them on the ground; that's a massive amount of respect paid to trent, and disrespect to the bills o-line.

Basically they pulled out the defensive playbook you use to beat Payton Manning, or Tom Brady.

Exactly. We should have run more draws out of the shotgun. We tried it once and Holliday made a nice individual play to snuff it out before the half, and then we never went back to it. I think it would have been successful.

Ingtar33
10-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Exactly. We should have run more draws out of the shotgun. We tried it once and Holliday made a nice individual play to snuff it out before the half, and then we never went back to it. I think it would have been successful.

the one draw from shotgun came against a miami blitz, and TE audibled to it (a good audible, that we've made work a number of times vs the blitz). What killed the play, is when the RG pulled, the RT didn't get a chip on Holliday to slow him up (line call confusion? bad play by Walker?), so he was in the backfield on top of the RB basically when the hand-off came... and that was the end of that.

mybills
10-28-2008, 08:20 AM
my thoughts exactly. He held the ball too long sometimes, which i suppose could mean they blanketed our receivers

I was wondering the same...Did anyone from here go to the game to confirm or deny this?

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 08:25 AM

We have a winner.

Totally 100% agree.

Trent hung onto the ball way too long and the o-line decided to stay out late partying. Recipe for disaster.

Derrick Dockery had his absolute worst game as a Bill. Just awful. The funny part is that Peters got more blame than he should have on this one.

Historian
10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't think there's anything to figure out about him, really.
He's basically a smart, solid QB, who throws nice tight short stuff, and has a good command of his offense.

Not a lot of flash...not a lot of veneer...just a methodical effort each time out, ala Ken Anderson, or <gulp> Bob Griese. :puke:

tat2dmike77
10-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Or maybe trent sucks like the bills

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Trent's career is over...What a waste he is!! We have to draft a new one and start from scratch all over again!!! He lost a game to the fins??? Yup done. Off the field.

Get rid of him if he doesn't win every last game for us single-handed! It's not like we've been looking for a new good qb since the Kelly era, so let's dump all over the best thing that's happened to our team in a while...yaaaay.

tat2dmike77
10-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Trent's career is over...What a waste he is!! We have to draft a new one and start from scratch all over again!!! He lost a game to the fins??? Yup done. Off the field.

Get rid of him if he doesn't win every last game for us single-handed! It's not like we've been looking for a new good qb since the Kelly era, so let's dump all over the best thing that's happened to our team in a while...yaaaay.

You got it

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2008, 01:50 PM
We have a winner.

Totally 100% agree.

Trent hung onto the ball way too long and the o-line decided to stay out late partying. Recipe for disaster.

Derrick Dockery had his absolute worst game as a Bill. Just awful. The funny part is that Peters got more blame than he should have on this one.

Joey Porter owned Peters for the safety.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Trent has a WCO mentality. He likes to get on a rythm, getting balls out on time. What Miami did was breaking up that rhythm, forcing him to an uncomfortable situation of holding on to the ball.