This Year's Draft Class May Be Good In The Future. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

This Year's Draft Class May Be Good In The Future. . .

But for purposes of winning this season, it is almost useless.

Hardy has one big TD reception, and McKelvin has had a few nice returns. Few, if any, of the other guys have even set foot on the field.

Down the road, the 2008 draft class may turn out to be a good one, but a little help NOW would be nice, especially from our top 3 picks. It just ain't happenin.'
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: This Year's Draft Class May Be Good In The Future. . .

No comment
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

I disagree.

McKelvin has the most amazing closing speed I have ever seen in a Bills CB.

He should have been in there yesterday.

Hardy will learn to separate, but that will take time.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        • May 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        No comment
        I was trying to be a little optimistic by holding out some hope for the future. Early returns, however, indicate that their future may not be that bright, either.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Captain gameboy
          • Jul 2002

I ainat gettin' the McKelvin kickoff returns at all.
          Looks to me like he goes with the plan as soon as he catches the ball regardless of developments.
          It doesn't look like he is seeing the field and giving the wiggle I thought he had.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Donnie Avery and DeSean Jackson look to be the better choices at WR for the moment.

Or even Eddie Royal, Jordy Nelson.

All the WR's drafted last year and Buffalo gets stuck picking the one who hasn't done much so far this year.
            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 10-27-2008, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gameboy
              I ainat gettin' the McKelvin kickoff returns at all.
              Looks to me like he goes with the plan as soon as he catches the ball regardless of developments.
              It doesn't look like he is seeing the field and giving the wiggle I thought he had.
              I don't think he has been as bad as people are saying. He is averaging aroun 25 a return and has been close to breaking a couple. The returns have not been blocked as well either.

McKelvin should have been in the game yesterday. He had one real bad play and one play that maybe he could have done better on against San Diego. But overall he was part of a defense that shut down Rivers. McGee was clearly not ready.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I was trying to be a little optimistic by holding out some hope for the future. Early returns, however, indicate that their future may not be that bright, either.
                I agree, but I think McKelvin and Hardy will be good in time, I just dont like the rest of the class. Any time you have almost every pick after Round 2 inactive on most gamedays thats not a good sign. We have seen Ellis, Fine, Corner, Omon, Bell, and Johnson get in maybe a handful of snaps overall? That's not a good sign at all and its certainly not because we are just that deep, especially at TE and DE. Somebody needs to step up soon, or else this could go down as a rather disastorous draft class.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Donnie Avery and DeSean Jackson look to be the better choices at WR for the moment.

Or even Eddie Royal.

All the WR's drafted last yearand Buffalo gets stuck picking the one who hasn't done much so far this year.
                  The one?
                  More have done nothing thant those who have done well. Sweed,Thomas and Kelly have done nothing as well.

Speed merchants at WR can do better than their rookie year because they use speed to get open rather than technique and route running.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I don't think he has been as bad as people are saying. He is averaging aroun 25 a return and has been close to breaking a couple. The returns have not been blocked as well either.

McKelvin should have been in the game yesterday. He had one real bad play and one play that maybe he could have done better on against San Diego. But overall he was part of a defense that shut down Rivers. McGee was clearly not ready.
                    Agreed not playing McKelvin yesterday is surprising. If it was because of poor play agaisnt SD, then thats ridiculous! That will be the kind of stuff that hurts a players development, not helps him.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Historian
                      I disagree.

McKelvin has the most amazing closing speed I have ever seen in a Bills CB.

He should have been in there yesterday.

Hardy will learn to separate, but that will take time.
                      I agree that McKelvin should have been in there, given that McGee has totally ineffective and Youboty was hurt. I simply took it as a vote of no confidence by the coaching staff in McKelvin's current understanding of how to play the CB position in the NFL.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        I agree, but I think McKelvin and Hardy will be good in time, I just dont like the rest of the class. Any time you have almost every pick after Round 2 inactive on most gamedays thats not a good sign. We have seen Ellis, Fine, Corner, Omon, Bell, and Johnson get in maybe a handful of snaps overall? That's not a good sign at all and its certainly not because we are just that deep, especially at TE and DE. Somebody needs to step up soon, or else this could go down as a rather disastorous draft class.
                        To be fair to FIne, he has been injured so it is hard to say that just yet.

As for the rest, Corner was a pick for the future as were Bell and Johnson.

Bowen would be playing had he not been injured as he was having a good camp.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I agree that McKelvin should have been in there, given that McGee has totally ineffective and Youboty was hurt. I simply took it as a vote of no confidence by the coaching staff in McKelvin's current understanding of how to play the CB position in the NFL.
                          Which doesnt make sense because he wasn't horrible against SD. He got beat once and was in a bad position the other time, but those are things that he can correct with good coaching.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

To be fair to FIne, he has been injured so it is hard to say that just yet.

As for the rest, Corner was a pick for the future as were Bell and Johnson.

Bowen would be playing had he not been injured as he was having a good camp.
                            Fine is healthy now, and has been for the past couple of weeks.

Who cares if Corner was a pick for the future or not, that doesnt matter now, we have depth issues and the kid needs to get in there. Its not good when the coaching staff refuses to play either of its top 4 round CB picks because they are apparently that bad at understanding the CB position right now.

Bell I agree with, but Johnson was a more polished WR than Hardy coming out. He was not raw, he was a good route runner, and had good hands but just didnt have a high ceiling. He's not a developmental pick.

As for Bowen, you can't say he would be playing right now, Fine had a good camp too, as did Schouman, and a number of other guys who aren't seeing the field too much.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

The one?
                              More have done nothing thant those who have done well. Sweed,Thomas and Kelly have done nothing as well.

Speed merchants at WR can do better than their rookie year because they use speed to get open rather than technique and route running.
                              Hardy was drafted before Sweed, Kelly, he shoud have better numbers.

Also Sweed has Ward/Holmes in front of him and Thomas/Kelly are stuck in Washington with that crap bum Campbell.

Comment

Working...
                              X