PDA

View Full Version : Well Coached?

mchurchfie
10-27-2008, 08:27 AM
First off, I want to say this is not a doomsday thread just because they lost yesterday. But I really think that the well coached tag put on this team is a little premature. Our OL coach has one of the biggest lines in the NFL and two very good NFL starting caliber RBs and we can't run the ball with any consistency at all. We have a defensive coach who is either too stubborn or stupid to change his gameplan when he is getting his lunch handed to him. Our defensive backfield is a shambles and gives up huge plays even though it is in zone defense most of the time, I put that on our DB coach. Also, this team is sorely lacking in basic fundamentals like tackling or playing good angles on tackles. I don't even know who is in charge of that. And last but not least the biggest onus goes on Jauron because he hired all of these fools and continues to let it go on. I think that Jauron is only capable of taking this team to a certain level and that is it. I'll give him credit for getting this team to play hard most of the time but that is about it.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:22 AM
If BB was our coach, he could do wonders with the talent on our team.

mchurchfie
10-27-2008, 09:30 AM
I think our talent level is a little overrated but he would still give us a lot better chance with what we have. Like Bum Phillps said one time about a a good coach, he can take his'ns and beat you then take your'ns and turn around and beat you again.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:33 AM
I think our talent level is a little overrated but he would still give us a lot better chance with what we have. Like Bum Phillps said one time about a a good coach, he can take his'ns and beat you then take your'ns and turn around and beat you again.
If BB can do wonders with Cassel or Morris (when healthy) , he could certainly bring out the best in Lynch and Edwards.

He even got a TD yesterday from ....who's Green-Ellis ? :idunno:

Nighthawk
10-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Jauron is an average coach in this league, but he's not the worst and I really feel that way. I just don't think he is good enough to get us to where everybody ultimately want to be at and that is winning a SB.