PDA

View Full Version : howard simon

Billsouth
05-01-2003, 09:10 PM
i missed howard simon this week because i had to work. i know that sucks but anyways can anyone tell me what his take was on our draft?

Demon
05-01-2003, 10:18 PM
He hates the Willis McGahee pick at first becasue he thought the Bills needed to go with defense (possibly trade up or draft Joseph) but he said he got a little better once we picked Kelsay.

He thinks this could start up a new conteversey in Buffalo with McGahee/Henry just like Johnson/Flutie few years ago.

He just thinks McGahee is too big of a risk to take and still is not sold on the defense.

Billsouth
05-02-2003, 07:52 PM
i never like him anyways.

TigerJ
05-03-2003, 07:53 PM
If Howard would stop by here and read Ingtar's evaluation of William Joseph, he would know why that would not have worked. Having only one first round pick, and not a very high one at that, trading up would have been rather costly. Buffalo needed a DE more than they needed a DT. The DEs who went ahead of #23 were Terrell Suggs, Michael Haynes, and Jerome McDougle. While they were all rated about Chris Kelsay, they all have negatives. Suggs is undersized and times slow, some fear Haynes could be overrated because he played with great players in the interior of his line (Kennedy and Adams). Same with McDougle. There was greatness all around him. Did it make him look better than he really is. I don't think that is necessarily a reason for not drafting these guys. I hoped one of them would fall to Buffalo. However, I don't know that any of them are enough better than Kelsay to warrant giving up a second round pick to move up. The question is what would you rather have: McGahee and Kelsay or just McDougle? I think I like having McGahee and Kelsay myself.

superbills
05-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Great take Tiger. I think Howard does a good job, in general, but he's seems to have a real burr in his arse about this one. It almost seems as though he has to disagree with WRG since they absolutely called this pick about half an hour before the pick was actually made. Maybe he's jealous, or maybe he really doesn't agree with the pick, but I concur with Tiger...he should read Ing's take on this and he'll understand. This was the best move to make.