X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

My concerns about Jauron as headcoach remain the same

Only once in his tenure as a headcaoch has Dick produced a top 10 offense.

Although I like his basic fundamental approach I sometimes wonder if we will have an O that will be good enough produce a superbowl.

This is his 3rd year and yet we've been surpassed offensively by teams with 1st time/ rookie coaches that have rookie qb's calling the shots. Ravens under MUlarkey are doing better than us offensively.

HOw about the texans?

On our first FG yesterday all I could think was "WTH?" After watching Chad score a TD on a play action, our run at the goal line was as UNIMAGINATIVE as can be. I don't expect us to run gadget plays every game but can we at least have offensive X's and O's that can fool a D?

Turk has done a wonderful job to this point in running a ball control type of offense. I do however wonder at some point if we will have an O that can impose itself on a D. This ball control type of O is designed to keep the game close and hopefully win the game in the 4th qtr. Our O isn't designed to bail out the D should they struggle.

In Dicks 3 years here, he hasn't produced a potent running game either.

We are only one step ahead offensively of a team who's last start prior to coming in to replace the injured starter was back in HS. A good X and O mind can do that to a team thats qb'd by Cassel.

I know it's Turks first year as OC but it's hard to make excuses especially when you have other teams playing better than we are offensively with rookie coaches.

We have an OL and a rb tandem that looks great on paper yet we can't produce anything but a mediocre at best running game.

Our passing game isn't good enough to bail out the running game and vice-versa.

We have a qb that has all the tools and a brain that could most likely run any offense in this league. I hate to see his abilties limited by conservative playcalling.

Will we at some point have anything top 10 offensively?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: My concerns about Jauron as headcoach remain the same

I'm more worried about our defense. I think for the most part, other than a non dominant running game, our offense has come along nicely.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
      I'm more worried about our defense. I think for the most part, other than a non dominant running game, our offense has come along nicely.
      Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with this O to a certain degree. Whether Dicks conservative offensive philosophy can produce a sb O is what concerns me. I just want an O that can win it for us by at least the 3rd quarter. YOu can argue that the only time it happened was vs. the seahawks.

He has yet to produce anything top 10 offensively and he's already in his 3rd year.

He hasn't done what Marv said "run and stop the run". We've doing fine defensivley stopping the run at times, but not offensivley.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Whether Dicks conservative offensive philosophy can produce a sb O is what concerns me. .
        I wonder if it can produce a playoff victory....

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian
          I wonder if it can produce a playoff victory....
          sacrifice1

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

5-2 says he's doing ok
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Billzz
              • Sep 2003

Honestly Justa it does not matter what other teams our doing. It really isn't fair with so many variables that come into play. You think coaches sit around and look at stats trying to see what other teams are doing so they can implement them into our scheme? We should be running the wildcat formation then to have a good running game.

The coaching staff has done an excellent job from last year to this year. I believe our huge offensive line will begin to gel as the year goes on, barring injury. We really have no idea being fans as to what happens during a game on the sidelines. Play calls, changed play calls at the line and what is actually OPEN that TE see's downfield we will never know.

I like your points and think you are on target with a few items, but the majority of your sentiment I feel is off base.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
                Honestly Justa it does not matter what other teams our doing. It really isn't fair with so many variables that come into play. You think coaches sit around and look at stats trying to see what other teams are doing so they can implement them into our scheme? We should be running the wildcat formation then to have a good running game.

The coaching staff has done an excellent job from last year to this year. I believe our huge offensive line will begin to gel as the year goes on, barring injury. We really have no idea being fans as to what happens during a game on the sidelines. Play calls, changed play calls at the line and what is actually OPEN that TE see's downfield we will never know.

I like your points and think you are on target with a few items, but the majority of your sentiment I feel is off base.
                I'm just basing things on his track record. So far this year we've only beaten 5 out of 6 teams we were suppose to beat and lost the other to the cards. It's not that I should really worry about what teams have done and what they do affects us. I only use other teams as a comparison to what Dick has done so far since he's been here. So far, it's nothing to write home about.

Dick should have an advantage over a Cassel led patriots. Let's see if Dick can play chess vs. the pats who doesn't have their queen.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz

I disagree Justa's sentiment is right on. The big hurdle for this team to get to the next level is for the offense to put other teams away. That is what they can't/aren't doing and that is what Justa is saying they need to do. I agree with him the Fins should have been put away yesterday and instead they were handed the game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                    I disagree Justa's sentiment is right on. The big hurdle for this team to get to the next level is for the offense to put other teams away. That is what they can't/aren't doing and that is what Justa is saying they need to do. I agree with him the Fins should have been put away yesterday and instead they were handed the game.
                    the thing that concerns me is that the O is simply doing enough to either stay in the game or play enough to win via come from behinds. It's an O thats playing to keep it close and HOPEFULLY win it in the 4th qtr with the help of the D.

While it may be good enough vs. teams we are supposed to beat, it's not gonna be enough vs. playoff calibre teams unless the D and St have flawless games.

When the D isn't playing well, our O isn't good enough to pick up the slack. Proof of this was vs. the cards and fins.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

the thing that concerns me is that the O is simply doing enough to either stay in the game or play enough to win via come from behinds. It's an O thats playing to keep it close and HOPEFULLY win it in the 4th qtr with the help of the D.

While it may be good enough vs. teams we are supposed to beat, it's not gonna be enough vs. playoff calibre teams unless the D and St have flawless games.

When the D isn't playing well, our O isn't good enough to pick up the slack. Proof of this was vs. the cards and fins.

I don't think this is true. It might look like that on the scoreboard I guess...but when the O has had the ball they have quite often methodically moved it down the field for a score. We have consistently won the TOP battle since TE because the QB. We have consistently gotten first downs. Yesterday, we just blew it on offense. We had the opportunity to put it away and instead stalled on 1 yard gains for first downs and gave the ball away. I believe the key to everything is moving the chains the way our offense does and getting those yards. If we can find a way to get those yards we will be poised well to beat those playoff teams IMO as long as we play well. I've yet to see us demonstrate we can get those tough, yet obtainable yards though and that concerns me.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

I don't think this is true. It might look like that on the scoreboard I guess...but when the O has had the ball they have quite often methodically moved it down the field for a score. We have consistently won the TOP battle since TE because the QB. We have consistently gotten first downs. Yesterday, we just blew it on offense. We had the opportunity to put it away and instead stalled on 1 yard gains for first downs and gave the ball away. I believe the key to everything is moving the chains the way our offense does and getting those yards. If we can find a way to get those yards we will be poised well to beat those playoff teams IMO as long as we play well. I've yet to see us demonstrate we can get those tough, yet obtainable yards though and that concerns me.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                          vs. teams we are supposed to beat except the fins.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

with regards to yesterdays game , it's been repeatedly said by Trent and Dick that they were rushing the qb with 3. Just wondering why couldn't we run the the ball with authority if thats was the case?
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

vs. teams we are supposed to beat except the fins.

OK, I'll bite. What teams have we played that we weren't "supposed to beat" that we didn't do this then? We were supposed to beat the Cards and we didn't do it there...ok that was another JP expirement. But what about SD? Were we supposed to beat them? We sure played one heck of an offense game in the fashion I am saying there. I guess I agree with your overall assertion about putting teams away but not how you got there.

Maybe you can answer me this...what the heck was TE thinking when he put that ball out there on THIRD down? It's like he was in a different universe or something. You can't do things like that. If he was coached to do that I would say the coaches are morons...but I can't believe DJ coached him to do that. You only do something like that on 4th down when a change of possession losses you the game. You just don't stick it out there into a pile of defenders in that situation. The coaches did not do that and take that play away and the safety and we win. It falls on TE not DJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X