PDA

View Full Version : My concerns about Jauron as headcoach remain the same

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Only once in his tenure as a headcaoch has Dick produced a top 10 offense.

Although I like his basic fundamental approach I sometimes wonder if we will have an O that will be good enough produce a superbowl.

This is his 3rd year and yet we've been surpassed offensively by teams with 1st time/ rookie coaches that have rookie qb's calling the shots. Ravens under MUlarkey are doing better than us offensively.

HOw about the texans?

On our first FG yesterday all I could think was "WTH?" After watching Chad score a TD on a play action, our run at the goal line was as UNIMAGINATIVE as can be. I don't expect us to run gadget plays every game but can we at least have offensive X's and O's that can fool a D?

Turk has done a wonderful job to this point in running a ball control type of offense. I do however wonder at some point if we will have an O that can impose itself on a D. This ball control type of O is designed to keep the game close and hopefully win the game in the 4th qtr. Our O isn't designed to bail out the D should they struggle.

In Dicks 3 years here, he hasn't produced a potent running game either.

We are only one step ahead offensively of a team who's last start prior to coming in to replace the injured starter was back in HS. A good X and O mind can do that to a team thats qb'd by Cassel.

I know it's Turks first year as OC but it's hard to make excuses especially when you have other teams playing better than we are offensively with rookie coaches.

We have an OL and a rb tandem that looks great on paper yet we can't produce anything but a mediocre at best running game.

Our passing game isn't good enough to bail out the running game and vice-versa.

We have a qb that has all the tools and a brain that could most likely run any offense in this league. I hate to see his abilties limited by conservative playcalling.

Will we at some point have anything top 10 offensively?

mchurchfie
10-27-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm more worried about our defense. I think for the most part, other than a non dominant running game, our offense has come along nicely.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm more worried about our defense. I think for the most part, other than a non dominant running game, our offense has come along nicely.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with this O to a certain degree. Whether Dicks conservative offensive philosophy can produce a sb O is what concerns me. I just want an O that can win it for us by at least the 3rd quarter. YOu can argue that the only time it happened was vs. the seahawks.

He has yet to produce anything top 10 offensively and he's already in his 3rd year.

He hasn't done what Marv said "run and stop the run". We've doing fine defensivley stopping the run at times, but not offensivley.

Historian
10-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Whether Dicks conservative offensive philosophy can produce a sb O is what concerns me. .

I wonder if it can produce a playoff victory....

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:59 AM
I wonder if it can produce a playoff victory....
:ill:

casdhf
10-27-2008, 09:59 AM
5-2 says he's doing ok

Billzz
10-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Honestly Justa it does not matter what other teams our doing. It really isn't fair with so many variables that come into play. You think coaches sit around and look at stats trying to see what other teams are doing so they can implement them into our scheme? We should be running the wildcat formation then to have a good running game.

The coaching staff has done an excellent job from last year to this year. I believe our huge offensive line will begin to gel as the year goes on, barring injury. We really have no idea being fans as to what happens during a game on the sidelines. Play calls, changed play calls at the line and what is actually OPEN that TE see's downfield we will never know.

I like your points and think you are on target with a few items, but the majority of your sentiment I feel is off base.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Honestly Justa it does not matter what other teams our doing. It really isn't fair with so many variables that come into play. You think coaches sit around and look at stats trying to see what other teams are doing so they can implement them into our scheme? We should be running the wildcat formation then to have a good running game.

The coaching staff has done an excellent job from last year to this year. I believe our huge offensive line will begin to gel as the year goes on, barring injury. We really have no idea being fans as to what happens during a game on the sidelines. Play calls, changed play calls at the line and what is actually OPEN that TE see's downfield we will never know.

I like your points and think you are on target with a few items, but the majority of your sentiment I feel is off base.

I'm just basing things on his track record. So far this year we've only beaten 5 out of 6 teams we were suppose to beat and lost the other to the cards. It's not that I should really worry about what teams have done and what they do affects us. I only use other teams as a comparison to what Dick has done so far since he's been here. So far, it's nothing to write home about.

Dick should have an advantage over a Cassel led patriots. Let's see if Dick can play chess vs. the pats who doesn't have their queen.

Typ0
10-27-2008, 10:44 AM

I disagree Justa's sentiment is right on. The big hurdle for this team to get to the next level is for the offense to put other teams away. That is what they can't/aren't doing and that is what Justa is saying they need to do. I agree with him the Fins should have been put away yesterday and instead they were handed the game.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I disagree Justa's sentiment is right on. The big hurdle for this team to get to the next level is for the offense to put other teams away. That is what they can't/aren't doing and that is what Justa is saying they need to do. I agree with him the Fins should have been put away yesterday and instead they were handed the game.
the thing that concerns me is that the O is simply doing enough to either stay in the game or play enough to win via come from behinds. It's an O thats playing to keep it close and HOPEFULLY win it in the 4th qtr with the help of the D.

While it may be good enough vs. teams we are supposed to beat, it's not gonna be enough vs. playoff calibre teams unless the D and St have flawless games.

When the D isn't playing well, our O isn't good enough to pick up the slack. Proof of this was vs. the cards and fins.

Typ0
10-27-2008, 10:55 AM
the thing that concerns me is that the O is simply doing enough to either stay in the game or play enough to win via come from behinds. It's an O thats playing to keep it close and HOPEFULLY win it in the 4th qtr with the help of the D.

While it may be good enough vs. teams we are supposed to beat, it's not gonna be enough vs. playoff calibre teams unless the D and St have flawless games.

When the D isn't playing well, our O isn't good enough to pick up the slack. Proof of this was vs. the cards and fins.

I don't think this is true. It might look like that on the scoreboard I guess...but when the O has had the ball they have quite often methodically moved it down the field for a score. We have consistently won the TOP battle since TE because the QB. We have consistently gotten first downs. Yesterday, we just blew it on offense. We had the opportunity to put it away and instead stalled on 1 yard gains for first downs and gave the ball away. I believe the key to everything is moving the chains the way our offense does and getting those yards. If we can find a way to get those yards we will be poised well to beat those playoff teams IMO as long as we play well. I've yet to see us demonstrate we can get those tough, yet obtainable yards though and that concerns me.

Typ0
10-27-2008, 10:55 AM

I don't think this is true. It might look like that on the scoreboard I guess...but when the O has had the ball they have quite often methodically moved it down the field for a score. We have consistently won the TOP battle since TE because the QB. We have consistently gotten first downs. Yesterday, we just blew it on offense. We had the opportunity to put it away and instead stalled on 1 yard gains for first downs and gave the ball away. I believe the key to everything is moving the chains the way our offense does and getting those yards. If we can find a way to get those yards we will be poised well to beat those playoff teams IMO as long as we play well. I've yet to see us demonstrate we can get those tough, yet obtainable yards though and that concerns me.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't think this is true. It might look like that on the scoreboard I guess...but when the O has had the ball they have quite often methodically moved it down the field for a score. We have consistently won the TOP battle since TE because the QB. We have consistently gotten first downs. Yesterday, we just blew it on offense. We had the opportunity to put it away and instead stalled on 1 yard gains for first downs and gave the ball away. I believe the key to everything is moving the chains the way our offense does and getting those yards. If we can find a way to get those yards we will be poised well to beat those playoff teams IMO as long as we play well. I've yet to see us demonstrate we can get those tough, yet obtainable yards though and that concerns me.vs. teams we are supposed to beat except the fins.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 10:59 AM
with regards to yesterdays game , it's been repeatedly said by Trent and Dick that they were rushing the qb with 3. Just wondering why couldn't we run the the ball with authority if thats was the case? :idunno:

Typ0
10-27-2008, 11:03 AM
vs. teams we are supposed to beat except the fins.

OK, I'll bite. What teams have we played that we weren't "supposed to beat" that we didn't do this then? We were supposed to beat the Cards and we didn't do it there...ok that was another JP expirement. But what about SD? Were we supposed to beat them? We sure played one heck of an offense game in the fashion I am saying there. I guess I agree with your overall assertion about putting teams away but not how you got there.

Maybe you can answer me this...what the heck was TE thinking when he put that ball out there on THIRD down? It's like he was in a different universe or something. You can't do things like that. If he was coached to do that I would say the coaches are morons...but I can't believe DJ coached him to do that. You only do something like that on 4th down when a change of possession losses you the game. You just don't stick it out there into a pile of defenders in that situation. The coaches did not do that and take that play away and the safety and we win. It falls on TE not DJ.

Historian
10-27-2008, 11:30 AM
This is my opinion of Jauron so far:

(JMO based on his Buff and Chicago tenure)

He reminds me a little of Chuck Knox.

He can build a winning program, and this is probably a playoff team.

He's done a pretty decent job, but his O and his D lack any kind of imagination to take it to the next level or succeed in the playoffs.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I've seen from him so far.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 12:36 PM
OK, I'll bite. What teams have we played that we weren't "supposed to beat" that we didn't do this then? We were supposed to beat the Cards and we didn't do it there...ok that was another JP expirement. But what about SD? Were we supposed to beat them? We sure played one heck of an offense game in the fashion I am saying there. I guess I agree with your overall assertion about putting teams away but not how you got there.. I forgot about the chargers game but thats about it. the seahawks , jags ,oakland and STL were teams we were suppose to beat including the fins.

Our O did enough because our D played them well. If it weren't for the D our O wouldn've had a hard time coming from behind.

The cards were a better team than we were.

Maybe you can answer me this...what the heck was TE thinking when he put that ball out there on THIRD down? It's like he was in a different universe or something. You can't do things like that. If he was coached to do that I would say the coaches are morons...but I can't believe DJ coached him to do that. You only do something like that on 4th down when a change of possession losses you the game. You just don't stick it out there into a pile of defenders in that situation. The coaches did not do that and take that play away and the safety and we win. It falls on TE not DJ. Why don't we have a running game that we can depend on to get that first down to begin with ? If the Pats can do it with Sammy Morris or Ellis-Green, we can't with Lynch and Jackson who are better than what the Pats have now. If we have to depend on the qb for a sneak because our running game cannot impose itself on a team thats not all that defensively inspite of the talent we have, one might wonder if it's the X's and O's of this coaching staff.

Nighthawk
10-27-2008, 12:45 PM
This is my opinion of Jauron so far:

(JMO based on his Buff and Chicago tenure)

He reminds me a little of Chuck Knox.

He can build a winning program, and this is probably a playoff team.

He's done a pretty decent job, but his O and his D lack any kind of imagination to take it to the next level or succeed in the playoffs.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I've seen from him so far.

Very well said. It is my opinion and always has been, that he is not good enough to win consistently or win the SB. The guy just does some stupid things on Sundays. Leaving McGee in there yesterday and challenging that play (which lost a TO)...just to name a couple of examples.

Mitchell55
10-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Only once in his tenure as a headcaoch has Dick produced a top 10 offense.

Although I like his basic fundamental approach I sometimes wonder if we will have an O that will be good enough produce a superbowl.

This is his 3rd year and yet we've been surpassed offensively by teams with 1st time/ rookie coaches that have rookie qb's calling the shots. Ravens under MUlarkey are doing better than us offensively.

HOw about the texans?

On our first FG yesterday all I could think was "WTH?" After watching Chad score a TD on a play action, our run at the goal line was as UNIMAGINATIVE as can be. I don't expect us to run gadget plays every game but can we at least have offensive X's and O's that can fool a D?

Turk has done a wonderful job to this point in running a ball control type of offense. I do however wonder at some point if we will have an O that can impose itself on a D. This ball control type of O is designed to keep the game close and hopefully win the game in the 4th qtr. Our O isn't designed to bail out the D should they struggle.

In Dicks 3 years here, he hasn't produced a potent running game either.

We are only one step ahead offensively of a team who's last start prior to coming in to replace the injured starter was back in HS. A good X and O mind can do that to a team thats qb'd by Cassel.

I know it's Turks first year as OC but it's hard to make excuses especially when you have other teams playing better than we are offensively with rookie coaches.

We have an OL and a rb tandem that looks great on paper yet we can't produce anything but a mediocre at best running game.

Our passing game isn't good enough to bail out the running game and vice-versa.

We have a qb that has all the tools and a brain that could most likely run any offense in this league. I hate to see his abilties limited by conservative playcalling.

Will we at some point have anything top 10 offensively?

Trent is top 10 in stats. So we do have something in top 10 offensivley.

raphael120
10-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Let's put it this way...SD was a game we should have lost...turnovers won us that game. Miami was a game we should have won...but turnovers lost us that game.

I'd say its a wash.

Billzz
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Let's put it this way...SD was a game we should have lost...turnovers won us that game. Miami was a game we should have won...but turnovers lost us that game.

I'd say its a wash.

No game is a dead set win or lose in the NFL, regardless of what records or stats say. The sooner people come to grips with this fact the better. Each team is filled with highly paid profesionals (well some more then others, professional).

On the road it is very tough to win and we havn't done too bad so far. Not saying the glass is half full, we have a very real chance of dropping 2-3 games in a row coming up depending on how we rebound. I do feel very good of our chances of coming out with a few wins over the next 4 games bringing us closer to the 10-6 record I think we will end up with. 5-2 is a great place to be atm and have to say I am happy minus the dolphins loss because of turnovers (sloppy play) and quite frankly HATING the dolphins.

TheBrownBear
10-27-2008, 08:58 PM
I think Jauron has done a good job with this team, but I feel like he's one of those coaches that has a ceiling on how far he can take a team. I think he's just too conservative to ever win a Super Bowl. You need a guy with some balls like Belichek, Parcells, Walsh, etc., or a damn dominant defensive team.

Billzz
10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I think Jauron has done a good job with this team, but I feel like he's one of those coaches that has a ceiling on how far he can take a team. I think he's just too conservative to ever win a Super Bowl. You need a guy with some balls like Belichek, Parcells, Walsh, etc., or a damn dominant defensive team.

Pretty sure he isn't calling the plays during the game, O coord does that.

Fake FG's, trick plays this year are conservative?

Nighthawk
10-27-2008, 09:14 PM

You can't give him credit and then shield him from blame...it doesn't work that way. He is either in charge or he isn't. Ultimately, the coach has a decision on everything that happens during a game.

TheBrownBear
10-27-2008, 09:58 PM

I'll give you that. He's shown a little more agression this year.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2008, 02:22 AM
How anyone can have concerns over Jauron baffles me...

This team under his regime has overachieved every year he's been here.

We went 7-9 with a QB who doesn't even belong in this league.

Then 7-9 with a Rookie QB.

And who would have ever seriously thought we'd be 5-2 right now?

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
well the offense under Dick still remains my biggest concern.
the running game blows and we need a new OL coach.

I'm starting to hate Dicks conservative approach to evrything.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 03:07 PM
well the offense under Dick still remains my biggest concern.
the running game blows and we need a new OL coach.

I'm starting to hate Dicks conservative approach to evrything.

You know how I feel...

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
You know how I feel...
Dick seems to be a good motivator. Don't know if he knows his X's and O's. He's totally dependent on his OC to make the right calls and so far Turk is starting to look clueless vs. the big boys.

Typ0
11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Dick seems to be a good motivator. Don't know if he knows his X's and O's. He's totally dependent on his OC to make the right calls and so far Turk is starting to look clueless vs. the big boys.

the OC should be making the calls.

Historian
11-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Jauron inherited a team without a decent line. So they fixed it. Now there are his guys.

They need to get their collective fat rear ends in gear, because IMO, not one of them has lived up to their billing, either individually, or collectively.

justasportsfan
11-03-2008, 10:06 AM
the OC should be making the calls.
thats obvious. The HC also makes the call when ANNOINTING an OC .

djjimkelly
11-03-2008, 10:11 AM

this cover 2 scheme is gonna be something non of us will ever happy with.

the overall philosophy is not meant for winning. its either too soft or its too all out. its not a D your gonna fool anyone with let alone an elite qb

Typ0
11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
thats obvious. The HC also makes the call when ANNOINTING an OC .

you said he's dependent on Turk like he's incompetent. You have obviously not bought into Marv Levy's coaching philosophy like DJ has. And I agree with it as well. He hired Turk to be OC than Turk should be calling the plays. If Turk fails then it was a bad hire but does not indicate DJ does not know his Xs & Os

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
you said he's dependent on Turk like he's incompetent. You have obviously not bought into Marv Levy's coaching philosophy like DJ has. And I agree with it as well. He hired Turk to be OC than Turk should be calling the plays. If Turk fails then it was a bad hire but does not indicate DJ does not know his Xs & Os

Can we please stop trying to act like Jauron knows what he is doing??? Please, back it up with facts...please! Jauron has exactly ONE winning season...it's obvious this guy doesn't know what he is doing. Why do people keep trying to make excuses for this guy???

Typ0
11-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Can we please stop trying to act like Jauron knows what he is doing??? Please, back it up with facts...please! Jauron has exactly ONE winning season...it's obvious this guy doesn't know what he is doing. Why do people keep trying to make excuses for this guy???

Can you please stop acting like you know what you are talking about? DJ has never been the coach of a talented enough team you should expect them to have a winning season before this season. He's built this team and they are headed in the right direction. No one is going to apologize to you idiots for the team not being perfect.

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Can you please stop acting like you know what you are talking about? DJ has never been the coach of a talented enough team you should expect them to have a winning season before this season. He's built this team and they are headed in the right direction. No one is going to apologize to you idiots for the team not being perfect.

Last time I checked, I can back up my arguement with facts. How do you back up yours?

Typ0
11-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Last time I checked, I can back up my arguement with facts. How do you back up yours?

what are your facts? Wins and losses? Of the teams DJ has coached what teams went on to winning seasons after he left? Surely, you think that TD and MM left this organization poised for a superbowl run and DJ has underachieved. Are those your facts?

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 09:24 PM
what are your facts? Wins and losses? Of the teams DJ has coached what teams went on to winning seasons after he left? Surely, you think that TD and MM left this organization poised for a superbowl run and DJ has underachieved. Are those your facts?

Wow, you're so misguided. You are basically giving this guy every excuse in the book for why he continues to fail at everyplace he goes. Watch the football games on Sundays and watch him get outcoached, week after week after week...that should be all the evidence you need. If you still don't see it, then I don't know what to tell you.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Wow, you're so misguided. You are basically giving this guy every excuse in the book for why he continues to fail at everyplace he goes. Watch the football games on Sundays and watch him get outcoached, week after week after week...that should be all the evidence you need. If you still don't see it, then I don't know what to tell you.

no, I don't see it. The gameplans have been solid. He needs to fire the guy who is telling him when to challenge. If you think they are planning to fumble and throw interceptions you are an idiot. Without the turnovers we win the last couple weeks. That tells me it's not all doom and gloom about DJ like you say. The players aren't executing the plans the way they are designed.

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
no, I don't see it. The gameplans have been solid. He needs to fire the guy who is telling him when to challenge. If you think they are planning to fumble and throw interceptions you are an idiot. Without the turnovers we win the last couple weeks. That tells me it's not all doom and gloom about DJ like you say. The players aren't executing the plans the way they are designed.

Nobody should be telling him to do anything...HE'S THE FREAKIN' HC!!! This is my point, he's not a strong HC or leader.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Nobody should be telling him to do anything...HE'S THE FREAKIN' HC!!! This is my point, he's not a strong HC or leader.

he is standing on the sidelines and relying on the jumbotron for christ sakes. All teams have someone in the booth monitoring for the replay. Our guy sucks.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
and yes, he's the head coach. He puts people in a position to do a job and he should let them do it.

Nighthawk
11-04-2008, 06:42 AM
and yes, he's the head coach. He puts people in a position to do a job and he should let them do it.

He doesn't do it well.

billsburgh
11-04-2008, 08:36 AM
My opionion of Jauron is this, we could do better and we could do worse. Now with his reported extension, we'll be mired in mediocrity for 3 more years.

justasportsfan
11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
. No matter who BB puts at OC whether it's a first time OC like Mangini when he was with the PAts, the PAts had an O that was tops in the league .

MArv knew how to pick his OC's. THat affects the HC decisions which still means I am concerned about Dicks ability to know his X's and O's if he doesn't know a good OC from a bad one.

Dick is an experienced HC that just got beat by guys like Mangini and Sparano who's had way lesser experience than Dick.

The jury is still out on Turk IMO but it's been going downhill .

Can you please stop acting like you know what you are talking about?. We have facts dating back to his Chicago days.

DJ has never been the coach of a talented enough team you should expect them to have a winning season before this season. .Dick has better talent than Mularkey had. Trent is supposed to be the guy. Lynch is suppose to be a beast compared to Willis. Lets not forget the OL MUlarkey had compared to Dicks OL .

He's built this team and they are headed in the right direction. No one is going to apologize to you idiots for the team not being perfect.
Don't go calling anyone idiots, you're the one who got thrown out of a bills game when fellow bills fans chanted A-hole to get you thrown out of the game.

The players aren't executing the plans the way they are designed..
tell that to Flacco or Cassel. It's the coaches job to make sure the players excecute. This team is talented and who's fault is it that they aren't executing?

He's another FACT for you. it's been 3 years already and yet the O under Dick has now been surpassed by......... MUlarkeys O IN HIS FIRS TYEAR in Atlanta is TOP 10. Lets not forget that the falcons were in rebuild mode. The fins are in rebuild mode. In case you missed it, WE'RE NOT!

Again, the facts are there. We are struggling offensively with loads of talent on this team under Dicks watch.

I still believe we're headed to the playoffs but the goal is the sb.

justasportsfan
11-04-2008, 09:14 AM

Question is, does he know how to pick the right people? Does he have the ability to take away the playbook and call the plays himself if Turk turns out to be a turd just like BB has the ability to do so?

Typ0
11-04-2008, 01:43 PM
No matter who BB puts at OC whether it's a first time OC like Mangini when he was with the PAts, the PAts had an O that was tops in the league .

MArv knew how to pick his OC's. THat affects the HC decisions which still means I am concerned about Dicks ability to know his X's and O's if he doesn't know a good OC from a bad one.

Dick is an experienced HC that just got beat by guys like Mangini and Sparano who's had way lesser experience than Dick.

SEE BELOW

We have facts dating back to his Chicago days.

What facts? Those teams overachieved. They were bottom feeders talent wise and he took them into the playoffs. Your facts are actually your opinions...that's a mistake you fact mongers seem to make a lot.

Dick has better talent than Mularkey had. Trent is supposed to be the guy. Lynch is suppose to be a beast compared to Willis. Lets not forget the OL MUlarkey had compared to Dicks OL .

Everything takes time. A plethora of young kids are going to take time to develop. An OLINE needs time to gell together. It's hillarious how you will come on here and make every excuse in the book about JP not being at fault for anything and blame everyone else...but you won't afford anyone else leeway in their development despite the fact that we have many rookies, second and third year players at key positions.

Don't go calling anyone idiots, you're the one who got thrown out of a bills game when fellow bills fans chanted A-hole to get you thrown out of the game.

I'd rather do something dumb once and a while than be dumb all the time.

tell that to Flacco or Cassel. It's the coaches job to make sure the players excecute. This team is talented and who's fault is it that they aren't executing?

He's another FACT for you. it's been 3 years already and yet the O under Dick has now been surpassed by......... MUlarkeys O IN HIS FIRS TYEAR in Atlanta is TOP 10. Lets not forget that the falcons were in rebuild mode. The fins are in rebuild mode. In case you missed it, WE'RE NOT!

Again, the facts are there. We are struggling offensively with loads of talent on this team under Dicks watch.

again it's QB play that is making the difference...when TE plays like Uber QB we win and when he makes big mistakes we lose. He's very young and deserves a chance to correct these things. If he doesn't correct them in a reasonable amount of time it will be time to move on to the next guy.

Typ0
11-04-2008, 01:43 PM
No matter who BB puts at OC whether it's a first time OC like Mangini when he was with the PAts, the PAts had an O that was tops in the league .

SEE BELOW

We have facts dating back to his Chicago days.

What facts? Those teams overachieved. They were bottom feeders talent wise and he took them into the playoffs. Your facts are actually your opinions...that's a mistake you fact mongers seem to make a lot.

Dick has better talent than Mularkey had. Trent is supposed to be the guy. Lynch is suppose to be a beast compared to Willis. Lets not forget the OL MUlarkey had compared to Dicks OL .

Everything takes time. A plethora of young kids are going to take time to develop. An OLINE needs time to gell together. It's hillarious how you will come on here and make every excuse in the book about JP not being at fault for anything and blame everyone else...but you won't afford anyone else leeway in their development despite the fact that we have many rookies, second and third year players at key positions.

I'd rather do something dumb once and a while than be dumb all the time.

again it's QB play that is making the difference...when TE plays like Uber QB we win and when he makes big mistakes we lose. He's very young and deserves a chance to correct these things. If he doesn't correct them in a reasonable amount of time it will be time to move on to the next guy.