PDA

View Full Version : Need YOur Help??? Doing my Sr THesis on the Mcgahee pick

mikemac2001
05-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Ok everyone im doing my Sr thesis on the mcgahee pick was it a good choice or not. i need some good articles from Doctors about his Injury...any type of article regarding this Url's will help. i have enough to do it myself but like to add some special sources like from insider sites thanks.

I think it was a good pick

SoCalBillsFan
05-01-2003, 10:31 PM
wow, interesting choice! May ask I in what field the thesis is?

TigerJ
05-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Boy, school has changed since I graduated.

Tatonka
05-01-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Boy, school has changed since I graduated.

rofl.. i was just thinking the same thing..

as far as articles.. visit the front page.. www.billszone.com

you will find all the articles you could need there.

Typ0
05-02-2003, 01:18 AM
I think it's an interesting topic and could make for an excellent topic in several disciplines including: business, medicine, sports, psychology, philosophy, anthroplogy, sociology, history just to name a few.

mikemac2001
05-02-2003, 05:55 AM
No its wether the bills drafting mcgahee is a good choice I would be like yes i feel it is a good choce blah blah blah and the is a disagreement we have all seen it on the forums....and the reason i can do this is my teacher is retiring so he is like who cares.

And i was looking for more insider articles i got all the ones on billszone and stuff just looking for diff ones that i dont have access to

Throne Logic
05-02-2003, 06:27 AM
Suggestion: Try to leave some of the "likes" out of the final version.

I seem to remember thesis carrying a bit more weight. Long hours in the library and doing interviews of the required first-hand sources, followed by long nights working up a draft, followed by even longer nights reworking that draft and shaping it into a final version that is the equivelant of a small novel. How many pages is this thesis supposed to be?

School is a bit different these days.

eyedog
05-02-2003, 08:16 AM
" likes " and " you know "

The new English language. Have you ever watched some of our Bills players get interviewed ? It's unbelievable. I won't mention anyone by name, but it makes you wonder what the hell they've been doing for four years in college.

Good luck on your thesis mikemac2001.

WG
05-02-2003, 08:17 AM
He's had knee injury in each of the last three seasons played. Twice major.

FYI

Fat Tony
05-02-2003, 08:20 AM
Try google-

And if you find anything we haven't- let us know!!

Fat Tony
05-02-2003, 08:21 AM
And, when you finish it- if you want we will publish it here at the zone (if it passes muster):up:

Good luck!

mikemac2001
05-02-2003, 02:36 PM
its likely gonna be crappy writing....ive tried google just looking for like i saw a post with a interview with a doctor but i lost it it was on this forum was just looking for stuff like that. you know!

Kevikid
05-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Senior thesis...for high school...

If I were you, I'd skew it to whatever class you're doing it for. People take risks all the time. In a football perspective, the pick of McGahee was a huge risk, yet people take such risks in other walks of life all the time, investing in a shaky stock, changing careers, etc. I would analyze the motivation. I think this goes beyond Donahoe wanting a good player. Sometimes people want to take that risk, trying digging for gold ya know. Why go for the safe (Sam Bowie...for the height...who wasn't safe at all) and pass up a Michael Jordan.

Seeing that a high school teacher will be reading this (1985 birthday...i couldn't imagine someone writing something "crappy" as a college thesis) I would definitely not go too far into sports, as they would probably just chuck it. Make sure you embellish with topics that they could more easily relate to. Anyway, I think it's pretty cool that you'd write a paper on it. You're taking a risk yourself - instead of churning out the typical Teddy Roosevelt paper. I admire that. Good luck with the paper.