Miami is not a good team which makes the loss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Miami is not a good team which makes the loss...

The Dolphins are not that good. Pennington is a consistant dink and dunker but got away with two bad throws including the one on the very first play where McGee did a horrible job defending. Their defense is okay, not great.

I'm not ripping on the Dolphins because they won. Period. I'm just frustrated because this is a team that really didn't look that difficult to beat.

The Bills gave away a game and put us in peril of losing the division race.
  • IAG
    • Jan 2005

Re: Miami is not a good team which makes the loss...

Miami has beaten better teams than we have. Bottom line win the next two and we are fine.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Yeah, Miami is down right awful. Horrible. They only beat New England and San Diego, and could've easily won the Texans game.

But heck, New England without Brady is garbage, and the Chargers must suck, because the Bills beat them.

We should be ashamed that our team is 5-2.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by IAG
        Miami has beaten better teams than we have. Bottom line win the next two and we are fine.
        Watching the game did you really think Miami was a tough opponant? I felt like we gave them the game.

I'm certainly not worried about playing them again.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Watching the game did you really think Miami was a tough opponant? I felt like we gave them the game.

I am...the game is in Toronto.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Samphin1
            • Mar 2004

Miami is not an upper echelon team, but they certainly are better than most give them credit for. The wins we had, up until yesterday, we brushed aside as being due to a "gimmicky" offense. That may be the case to a point, bu Miami showed yesterday that they can win with more of a traditional offense as well.

I disagree that our defense is ok. I find it to be horrid most of the time. Joey Porter, Jason Ferguson and Yeremiah Bell are the only ones who routinely show up and play each week. Everyone else can dissapear for games on end. (see: Roth, Matt)

Penningotn is a dink and dunker, but he also has a season QB rating of 100+ and protects the ball. If he doe sonly that, he is better than half of the QB's in the league.

Personally, I think the Bills are probably a couple of steps ahead of Miami right now on the road to being consistantly good. But I figure by next year hopefully, both of these teams will once again be at the top of the division and we can put this Patriots era of dominance behind us.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              Yeah, Miami is down right awful. Horrible. They only beat New England and San Diego, and could've easily won the Texans game.

But heck, New England without Brady is garbage, and the Chargers must suck, because the Bills beat them.

We should be ashamed that our team is 5-2.
              I got to watch Miami first hand and I can tell you that this was a game we should have won. That many turnovers isn't going to win you alot of games.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Samphin1
                Miami is not an upper echelon team, but they certainly are better than most give them credit for. The wins we had, up until yesterday, we brushed aside as being due to a "gimmicky" offense. That may be the case to a point, bu Miami showed yesterday that they can win with more of a traditional offense as well.

I disagree that our defense is ok. I find it to be horrid most of the time. Joey Porter, Jason Ferguson and Yeremiah Bell are the only ones who routinely show up and play each week. Everyone else can dissapear for games on end. (see: Roth, Matt)

Penningotn is a dink and dunker, but he also has a season QB rating of 100+ and protects the ball. If he doe sonly that, he is better than half of the QB's in the league.

Personally, I think the Bills are probably a couple of steps ahead of Miami right now on the road to being consistantly good. But I figure by next year hopefully, both of these teams will once again be at the top of the division and we can put this Patriots era of dominance behind us.
                Thank you for your objective opinion. I agree that Pennington has been a very effective pick up for you. Smart QBs make a big differnece.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Miami was giving the Bills the game for the first 30+ minutes and then Buffalo gave the game to Miami in the second half.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

The Dolphins are not that good. Pennington is a consistant dink and dunker but got away with two bad throws including the one on the very first play where McGee did a horrible job defending. Their defense is okay, not great.

I'm not ripping on the Dolphins because they won. Period. I'm just frustrated because this is a team that really didn't look that difficult to beat.

The Bills gave away a game and put us in peril of losing the division race.
                    you are underestimating the fins even after they handed it to us in the 4th Q yesterday. Pennington is the most accurate passer in the history of the league isn't he? It's quite a big jump that people make about Pennington...he doesn't have the arm of Elway so he must suck. He proved yesterday he's got a good enough arm and he plays darn smart and efficient. He's a hard guy to beat don't kid yourself. We should have beat him but our QB gave the game away.

Comment

• Mike13
                      • Aug 2005

Miami was giving the Bills the game for the first 30+ minutes and then Buffalo gave the game to Miami in the second half.
                      Gave the game to Miami? Hah we took that game away.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

lets just admit it, the bills got schooled that game. the fish looked sharp and focused while the bills looked tired and distracted. it happens, especially against division foes. the fish were all around better and actually won easier than the score would indicate

i still feel the bills have more talent and are better overall but ive never thought they were as superior as many of the fans here felt. everybody is/was rushing to annoint them the next dynasty way the hell too early. fact is this bills team is probably just another average playoff caliber team this year no matter what happens the rest of the way. if they have any chance of reaching elite status it comes next year at the earliest

yeah they should have won that game but they didnt. theyve got five division games left and if they want to take the east they probably have to win at least three of those if not four

stay tuned
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

A loss is a loss, just like a W is a W regardless of who you play. If the dolphins are good or not is your opinion. Youll find many people who think the Phins are respectable. We gave the game away on dumb mistakes which one could expect from an extremely young team. This thread is rediculously stupid.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

The Fins have better coaching.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

I got to watch Miami first hand and I can tell you that this was a game we should have won. That many turnovers isn't going to win you alot of games.
                              ON paper, yes the Bills should've won. I never said that they shouldn't have. But you are making it out like Miami is the same garbage team they were last year. They aren't. They have a QB and Ronnie Brown back, and their coaches finally pulled their heads out and started running a 3-4, which suits their players much better.

I'm not making excuses, The Bills played like crap, but Miami clearly wanted it more, and deserved to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X