PDA

View Full Version : Miami is not a good team which makes the loss...

HHURRICANE
10-27-2008, 10:18 AM
The Dolphins are not that good. Pennington is a consistant dink and dunker but got away with two bad throws including the one on the very first play where McGee did a horrible job defending. Their defense is okay, not great.

I'm not ripping on the Dolphins because they won. Period. I'm just frustrated because this is a team that really didn't look that difficult to beat.

The Bills gave away a game and put us in peril of losing the division race.

IAG
10-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Miami has beaten better teams than we have. Bottom line win the next two and we are fine.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah, Miami is down right awful. Horrible. They only beat New England and San Diego, and could've easily won the Texans game.

But heck, New England without Brady is garbage, and the Chargers must suck, because the Bills beat them.

We should be ashamed that our team is 5-2.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Miami has beaten better teams than we have. Bottom line win the next two and we are fine.

Watching the game did you really think Miami was a tough opponant? I felt like we gave them the game.

I'm certainly not worried about playing them again.

Ebenezer
10-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Watching the game did you really think Miami was a tough opponant? I felt like we gave them the game.

I am...the game is in Toronto.

Samphin1
10-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Miami is not an upper echelon team, but they certainly are better than most give them credit for. The wins we had, up until yesterday, we brushed aside as being due to a "gimmicky" offense. That may be the case to a point, bu Miami showed yesterday that they can win with more of a traditional offense as well.

I disagree that our defense is ok. I find it to be horrid most of the time. Joey Porter, Jason Ferguson and Yeremiah Bell are the only ones who routinely show up and play each week. Everyone else can dissapear for games on end. (see: Roth, Matt)

Penningotn is a dink and dunker, but he also has a season QB rating of 100+ and protects the ball. If he doe sonly that, he is better than half of the QB's in the league.

Personally, I think the Bills are probably a couple of steps ahead of Miami right now on the road to being consistantly good. But I figure by next year hopefully, both of these teams will once again be at the top of the division and we can put this Patriots era of dominance behind us.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, Miami is down right awful. Horrible. They only beat New England and San Diego, and could've easily won the Texans game.

But heck, New England without Brady is garbage, and the Chargers must suck, because the Bills beat them.

We should be ashamed that our team is 5-2.

I got to watch Miami first hand and I can tell you that this was a game we should have won. That many turnovers isn't going to win you alot of games.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Miami is not an upper echelon team, but they certainly are better than most give them credit for. The wins we had, up until yesterday, we brushed aside as being due to a "gimmicky" offense. That may be the case to a point, bu Miami showed yesterday that they can win with more of a traditional offense as well.

I disagree that our defense is ok. I find it to be horrid most of the time. Joey Porter, Jason Ferguson and Yeremiah Bell are the only ones who routinely show up and play each week. Everyone else can dissapear for games on end. (see: Roth, Matt)

Penningotn is a dink and dunker, but he also has a season QB rating of 100+ and protects the ball. If he doe sonly that, he is better than half of the QB's in the league.

Personally, I think the Bills are probably a couple of steps ahead of Miami right now on the road to being consistantly good. But I figure by next year hopefully, both of these teams will once again be at the top of the division and we can put this Patriots era of dominance behind us.

Thank you for your objective opinion. I agree that Pennington has been a very effective pick up for you. Smart QBs make a big differnece.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM

Miami was giving the Bills the game for the first 30+ minutes and then Buffalo gave the game to Miami in the second half.

Typ0
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
The Dolphins are not that good. Pennington is a consistant dink and dunker but got away with two bad throws including the one on the very first play where McGee did a horrible job defending. Their defense is okay, not great.

I'm not ripping on the Dolphins because they won. Period. I'm just frustrated because this is a team that really didn't look that difficult to beat.

you are underestimating the fins even after they handed it to us in the 4th Q yesterday. Pennington is the most accurate passer in the history of the league isn't he? It's quite a big jump that people make about Pennington...he doesn't have the arm of Elway so he must suck. He proved yesterday he's got a good enough arm and he plays darn smart and efficient. He's a hard guy to beat don't kid yourself. We should have beat him but our QB gave the game away.

Mike13
10-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Miami was giving the Bills the game for the first 30+ minutes and then Buffalo gave the game to Miami in the second half.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Gave the game to Miami? Hah we took that game away.

Meathead
10-27-2008, 12:07 PM
lets just admit it, the bills got schooled that game. the fish looked sharp and focused while the bills looked tired and distracted. it happens, especially against division foes. the fish were all around better and actually won easier than the score would indicate

i still feel the bills have more talent and are better overall but ive never thought they were as superior as many of the fans here felt. everybody is/was rushing to annoint them the next dynasty way the hell too early. fact is this bills team is probably just another average playoff caliber team this year no matter what happens the rest of the way. if they have any chance of reaching elite status it comes next year at the earliest

yeah they should have won that game but they didnt. theyve got five division games left and if they want to take the east they probably have to win at least three of those if not four

stay tuned

FlyingDutchman
10-27-2008, 12:12 PM
A loss is a loss, just like a W is a W regardless of who you play. If the dolphins are good or not is your opinion. Youll find many people who think the Phins are respectable. We gave the game away on dumb mistakes which one could expect from an extremely young team. This thread is rediculously stupid.

Philagape
10-27-2008, 12:59 PM
The Fins have better coaching.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2008, 01:24 PM
I got to watch Miami first hand and I can tell you that this was a game we should have won. That many turnovers isn't going to win you alot of games.

ON paper, yes the Bills should've won. I never said that they shouldn't have. But you are making it out like Miami is the same garbage team they were last year. They aren't. They have a QB and Ronnie Brown back, and their coaches finally pulled their heads out and started running a 3-4, which suits their players much better.

I'm not making excuses, The Bills played like crap, but Miami clearly wanted it more, and deserved to win.

HAMMER
10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
The Bills moved the ball well enough to beat Miami yesterday but gave the game away with BAD turnovers. Simple as that.

LtFinFan66
10-27-2008, 11:35 PM

.When the first line reads "The Dolphins are not a good team".....then yes you are.

You guys refuse to give us any credit for our win. Like hits to cause int's, fumbles, safety....well covered receivers....pressure on Edwards.....you get the idea

finfan34
10-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Thank you for your objective opinion. I agree that Pennington has been a very effective pick up for you. Smart QBs make a big differnece.

its funny you say that, all you are is a homer.....we gave you the game in the 1st half, ricky williams fumble, dropped pass's. you had your chances and you couldnt produce squat. face it, you are an average team, that got beat by an average team. you havent played anyone yet (except the cardinals), j.p. lossman scares me more than trent edwards. i also think you were outcoached. how many times are you going to bite on the play action before making an adjustment? IMO

Mr. Pink
10-28-2008, 02:19 AM
Give the fish some credit, they flat out executed better than we did. On top of the fact they protected the ball better as well.

We would have had a hard time beating the Bungles with that performance.

Kenny
10-28-2008, 07:38 AM
The fins arent an awful team by anymeans... but they arent a playoff calibre team either.

Sunday showed me one thing... that we're not ready yet. Struggling against the Raiders, the Rams, getting blown out by the Cards, and then playing extremely sloppy in a rivalry game? I mean what the ****?
There's no intensity or attitude with this team. Too many happy/laid back players. Hopefully this was a wakeup call, and they start playing with some fire this sunday and start hitting people in the mouth.

Im sick and tired of this ****.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 08:18 AM
When the first line reads "The Dolphins are not a good team".....then yes you are.

You guys refuse to give us any credit for our win. Like hits to cause int's, fumbles, safety....well covered receivers....pressure on Edwards.....you get the idea

1) The Dolphins don't suck and I'm imprssed with the job Parcells had done. I've stated this before our game and knew you would be better with Parcells there.

2) This game was way more about how crappy the Bills played and far less about how great the fins played.

3) Do you thing the fins are a good team? What's your definition? Mine is having a winning record. Miami will not have a winning record this year.

4) If you sleep better thinking that Miami had a dominant perfromance yesterday than all the power to you. I felt this was a winnable game that we blew.

djjimkelly
10-28-2008, 09:42 AM

i beg to differ i watch the rest of the afc east religiously with the ticket and

miami is playing damn solid football they are a lot better then most think

FinFaninBuffalo
10-28-2008, 11:03 AM

Often it is a question of exploiting matchups. The Fins obviously had a plan to attack McGee. Porter was also effective.

The Bills didn't give away the game, Miami took it. Other than the QB sneak, the turnovers and the safety were forced by good plays on defense. I'd be the first to admit if the Bills were making unforced errors, but that is not what I saw on Sunday.

Division games are always tough. Nearly every football analyst ranks the Bills ahead of the Dolphins, but the games are not played on paper. IMO, the Fins are a better team than the Ravens and the Jets. They aren't as good as the Bills and Patriots. Go figure....

FinFaninBuffalo
10-28-2008, 11:15 AM
i beg to differ i watch the rest of the afc east religiously with the ticket and

miami is playing damn solid football they are a lot better then most think

When Miami plays mistake free football, they are solid. When they make mistakes (even a few) they are very beatable. They have very little margin for error. I was very disappointed with the tackling and overall defensive execution by Miami in the first half yesterday. After the first drive of the second half, they turned into a different team.

thecoordinator
12-09-2008, 11:52 AM
3) Do you thing the fins are a good team? What's your definition? Mine is having a winning record. Miami will not have a winning record this year.

:monkeyp::historian:

zone
12-09-2008, 12:14 PM
:monkeyp::historian:
Wow great work, you know how to use the search function.

fins1
12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
1) The Dolphins don't suck and I'm imprssed with the job Parcells had done. I've stated this before our game and knew you would be better with Parcells there.

2) This game was way more about how crappy the Bills played and far less about how great the fins played.

4) If you sleep better thinking that Miami had a dominant perfromance yesterday than all the power to you. I felt this was a winnable game that we blew.

How sweep it is!!

Bling
12-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Threads like this are funny.