PDA

View Full Version : Why the Pass?

JPFBillsFan
10-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Why is Trent's performance overlooked? Why does he get a pass? He singled handedly could have made the difference yesterday that would have changed the outcome of the game......

JP's crucified for making positive plays that supposedly doesn't allow our defense to rest, or turnovers, or happy feet etc....
yet TE's backers just brush aside Trent's horrible performance....

Call a spade a spade, and fess up when he plays poorly.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Trent was the biggest goat on offense. No one is giving him a free pass. If he played better, the Bills would have won. There's plenty of excuses to defend Trent. That's all fine and dandy. The point still remains if Trent played better the Bills would have won.

mchurchfie
10-27-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't think that anyone is disputing that he didn't play bad yesterday. But there was alot worse things going on and for once he needed the defense to bail him out like he has been doing them all year and they couldn't come through.

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Why is Trent's performance overlooked? Why does he get a pass? He singled handedly could have made the difference yesterday that would have changed the outcome of the game......

JP's crucified for making positive plays that supposedly doesn't allow our defense to rest, or turnovers, or happy feet etc....

Why start up the usual QB bashing NONSENSE? What good would that do?

JPFBillsFan
10-27-2008, 11:19 AM
no bashing......calling out his poor play.....

chernobylwraiths
10-27-2008, 11:22 AM
I think Trent played poorly yesterday. I hope he learned his lesson on putting the ball out if he isn't trying to get a TD on 4th and goal.

Despite that, I would guess the reason why people aren't railing on Trent is that he is a big reason why we have 5 wins, not the only reason, but a big one.

patmoran2006
10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Trent was the biggest goat on offense. No one is giving him a free pass. If he played better, the Bills would have won. There's plenty of excuses to defend Trent. That's all fine and dandy. The point still remains if Trent played better the Bills would have won.
I’m going to go ahead and almost entirely disagree with you.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Trent Edwards was not the biggest goat on offense. The biggest goat on offense was the left side of the OL combo in Peters/Dockery.<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> didn’t play perfect, but only the bonehead play where he stuck out the football was actually his fault. That was a dumb play, he knew it and it hurt, but it’s not why we lost.<o:p></o:p>
We lost because our OL, the overated left side in particular, is getting owned week after week. If we could run block on three straight run plays we get 7 early instead of three. If <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> doesn’t get hit as he’s throwing the interception doesn’t happen. And of course, if Peters OR Dockery get a finger on Porter, Edwards doesn’t get sacked from the blind side for a safety that unraveled the game. Edwards also didn’t force Robert Royal to fumble, yet again.. and Edwards didn’t play 8 yards off Ted Ginn every play and get toasted by a complete and utter bust.<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> didn’t have his best game, some may even say his worse game, but I disagree with him being the “goat”. The goat is the left guard who is MAKING $7 million per year to block nobody, and the left tackle who thinks he DESERVES $7 million to basically do the same.<o:p></o:p>

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I’m going to go ahead and almost entirely disagree with you.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Trent Edwards was not the biggest goat on offense. The biggest goat on offense was the left side of the OL combo in Peters/Dockery.<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> didn’t play perfect, but only the bonehead play where he stuck out the football was actually his fault. That was a dumb play, he knew it and it hurt, but it’s not why we lost.<o:p></o:p>
We lost because our OL, the overated left side in particular, is getting owned week after week. If we could run block on three straight run plays we get 7 early instead of three. If <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> doesn’t get hit as he’s throwing the interception doesn’t happen. And of course, if Peters OR Dockery get a finger on Porter, Edwards doesn’t get sacked from the blind side for a safety that unraveled the game. Edwards also didn’t force Robert Royal to fumble, yet again.. and Edwards didn’t play 8 yards off Ted Ginn every play and get toasted by a complete and utter bust.<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> didn’t have his best game, some may even say his worse game, but I disagree with him being the “goat”. The goat is the left guard who is MAKING $7 million per year to block nobody, and the left tackle who thinks he DESERVES $7 million to basically do the same.<o:p></o:p>

Nice read. :clap:

That's why I said there are plenty of excuses to defend Trent.

I've already erased the game on my DVR, did Trent hold on to the ball too long when he was hit for the INT and saftey? Obviously he was considering the outcome of those 2 plays but did he actually have time to throw?

Philagape
10-27-2008, 11:42 AM

Lots of people called out Trent's performance, including longtime backers, including me, so what are you talking about?

Typ0
10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
TE does not get a pass. I look at it this way...if he doesn't take that safety or turn the ball over by stupidly putting it out there on third and one we win the game. The loss rests on TE shoulders. He's responsible. Let's hope he learns from his mistakes.

Oaf
10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm a JP fan and I give Trent a pass for yesterday except for his 4 and 1 fumble.

psubills62
10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Trent is not getting a pass, people just aren't freaking out about it as much. The reason for that is that Losman has a bunch of games like Edwards just had - bad decisions, untimely turnovers, etc. Losman is what, a 5th-year veteran? And he still has plenty of games like those. Edwards had one. Unless it becomes a pattern, people aren't going to worry about it as much.

Ebenezer
10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
post of the day.

I will say this...Dockery sucked but if Peters and Fowler are playing poorly then how much more pressure is Dockery under?

Akhippo
10-27-2008, 12:28 PM
The goat starts with a defense that almost let GINN, GINN break the 200yd marker.

yordad
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
He played a lot worst then JP did against the Cards.

cocamide
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Yesterday, Trent had a bad day and played just like JP normally plays. You're right, a QB that plays like JP Losman should never get a free pass.

Mitchell55
10-27-2008, 01:18 PM

Because this is Trents 1st bad game of this year, and hes a top 5 QB. JP is one of the worst in the NFL and has about 20 of those games.

Mitchell55
10-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Not realy. JP wouldve only had about 140 yards if it werent for the long pass and he had more sacks than TE in his game, and the same amount of fumbles and same amount of INTs. TE had a better game than losman.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2008, 01:28 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me? :rofl:

Mr. Pink
10-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Trent was the main reason we lost yesterday and I already illustrated why in a different post.

:rofl: at him playing worse than Losman though!

Typ0
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
TE had a lossman like 4th quarter. Lossman plays lossman like for four quarters.

shelby
10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Trent had a bad game this week because i finally admitted last week that he's our quarterback of the future.

Sorry guys, i should have held out another three weeks.

:sorry:

Typ0
10-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Trent had a bad game this week because i finally admitted last week that he's our quarterback of the future.

Sorry guys, i should have held out another three weeks.

:sorry:

finally a reasonable explanation.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Nice read. :clap:

That's why I said there are plenty of excuses to defend Trent.

I've already erased the game on my DVR, did Trent hold on to the ball too long when he was hit for the INT and saftey? Obviously he was considering the outcome of those 2 plays but did he actually have time to throw?
Compared to what was said about JP vs. the cards , what Moran just said is giving Trent a pass. Trent gets several excuses made in his defense and yet JP gets blamed for the loss against a better team coming off the bench. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
TE had a lossman like 4th quarter. Lossman plays lossman like for four quarters.
You're just being ridiculous.. JP scored 2 TD's in 1 qtr despite barely having any snaps with the 1st team. Unlike the cards game at least the D gave Trent the ball back. JP played better than Trent did yesterday.

BillsOwnAll
10-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Why are people still argueing over who our QB is...TE cant have a bad game? We know it..we saw it..we were there. were over it.

Typ0
10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
You're just being ridiculous.. JP scored 2 TD's in 1 qtr despite barely having any snaps with the 1st team. Unlike the cards game at least the D gave Trent the ball back. JP played better than Trent did yesterday.

you and a couple of ten year olds are the only people left on earth who think JP plays well.

Griff
10-28-2008, 04:30 AM

unlike JP, he earned it.

Dujek
10-28-2008, 04:39 AM
Edwards had a bad game on Sunday, he made a poor decision in extending the ball and coughing it up, and he should have gotten rid of the ball before he was sacked in the endzone. The INT was a tipped pass, which happens to the best QBs in the league, though it was going to be a big ask to complete that pass as he was throwing into double coverage.

However, he was not the worst player on the offense, and was not the main reason the Bills lost the game.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Trent had one of his worst games of his career and I think he knows it. He made stupid decisions and missed blitzes that he was seeing before. Is it a full out regression by him? No, but he does not get a pass either. Comparing him to Losman though is a ridiculous. Also blaming the OL for this is ridiculous too. Edwards was sacked all of twice on Sunday and both came from Porter on a LB blitz. He was not seeing it and either was the Bills OL, but they also gave him solid time on other plays and he held the ball.