X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPFBillsFan
    • Jan 2006

Why the Pass?

Why is Trent's performance overlooked? Why does he get a pass? He singled handedly could have made the difference yesterday that would have changed the outcome of the game......

JP's crucified for making positive plays that supposedly doesn't allow our defense to rest, or turnovers, or happy feet etc....
    yet TE's backers just brush aside Trent's horrible performance....

Call a spade a spade, and fess up when he plays poorly.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why the Pass?

Trent was the biggest goat on offense. No one is giving him a free pass. If he played better, the Bills would have won. There's plenty of excuses to defend Trent. That's all fine and dandy. The point still remains if Trent played better the Bills would have won.

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

I don't think that anyone is disputing that he didn't play bad yesterday. But there was alot worse things going on and for once he needed the defense to bail him out like he has been doing them all year and they couldn't come through.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JPFBillsFan
        Why is Trent's performance overlooked? Why does he get a pass? He singled handedly could have made the difference yesterday that would have changed the outcome of the game......

JP's crucified for making positive plays that supposedly doesn't allow our defense to rest, or turnovers, or happy feet etc....

Why start up the usual QB bashing NONSENSE? What good would that do?

Comment

• JPFBillsFan
          • Jan 2006

no bashing......calling out his poor play.....

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

I think Trent played poorly yesterday. I hope he learned his lesson on putting the ball out if he isn't trying to get a TD on 4th and goal.

Despite that, I would guess the reason why people aren't railing on Trent is that he is a big reason why we have 5 wins, not the only reason, but a big one.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              Trent was the biggest goat on offense. No one is giving him a free pass. If he played better, the Bills would have won. There's plenty of excuses to defend Trent. That's all fine and dandy. The point still remains if Trent played better the Bills would have won.
              I’m going to go ahead and almost entirely disagree with you.

Trent Edwards was not the biggest goat on offense. The biggest goat on offense was the left side of the OL combo in Peters/Dockery.

Trent didn’t play perfect, but only the bonehead play where he stuck out the football was actually his fault. That was a dumb play, he knew it and it hurt, but it’s not why we lost.

We lost because our OL, the overated left side in particular, is getting owned week after week. If we could run block on three straight run plays we get 7 early instead of three. If Trent doesn’t get hit as he’s throwing the interception doesn’t happen. And of course, if Peters OR Dockery get a finger on Porter, Edwards doesn’t get sacked from the blind side for a safety that unraveled the game. Edwards also didn’t force Robert Royal to fumble, yet again.. and Edwards didn’t play 8 yards off Ted Ginn every play and get toasted by a complete and utter bust.

Trent didn’t have his best game, some may even say his worse game, but I disagree with him being the “goat”. The goat is the left guard who is MAKING $7 million per year to block nobody, and the left tackle who thinks he DESERVES $7 million to basically do the same.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Trent Edwards was not the biggest goat on offense. The biggest goat on offense was the left side of the OL combo in Peters/Dockery.

Trent didn’t play perfect, but only the bonehead play where he stuck out the football was actually his fault. That was a dumb play, he knew it and it hurt, but it’s not why we lost.

We lost because our OL, the overated left side in particular, is getting owned week after week. If we could run block on three straight run plays we get 7 early instead of three. If Trent doesn’t get hit as he’s throwing the interception doesn’t happen. And of course, if Peters OR Dockery get a finger on Porter, Edwards doesn’t get sacked from the blind side for a safety that unraveled the game. Edwards also didn’t force Robert Royal to fumble, yet again.. and Edwards didn’t play 8 yards off Ted Ginn every play and get toasted by a complete and utter bust.

Trent didn’t have his best game, some may even say his worse game, but I disagree with him being the “goat”. The goat is the left guard who is MAKING $7 million per year to block nobody, and the left tackle who thinks he DESERVES $7 million to basically do the same.
                Nice read.

That's why I said there are plenty of excuses to defend Trent.

I've already erased the game on my DVR, did Trent hold on to the ball too long when he was hit for the INT and saftey? Obviously he was considering the outcome of those 2 plays but did he actually have time to throw?

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JPFBillsFan

Lots of people called out Trent's performance, including longtime backers, including me, so what are you talking about?
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

TE does not get a pass. I look at it this way...if he doesn't take that safety or turn the ball over by stupidly putting it out there on third and one we win the game. The loss rests on TE shoulders. He's responsible. Let's hope he learns from his mistakes.

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

I'm a JP fan and I give Trent a pass for yesterday except for his 4 and 1 fumble.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Trent is not getting a pass, people just aren't freaking out about it as much. The reason for that is that Losman has a bunch of games like Edwards just had - bad decisions, untimely turnovers, etc. Losman is what, a 5th-year veteran? And he still has plenty of games like those. Edwards had one. Unless it becomes a pattern, people aren't going to worry about it as much.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

post of the day.

I will say this...Dockery sucked but if Peters and Fowler are playing poorly then how much more pressure is Dockery under?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Akhippo
                            • Nov 2002

The goat starts with a defense that almost let GINN, GINN break the 200yd marker.
                            Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

He played a lot worst then JP did against the Cards.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X