PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the D-line

psubills62
10-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Chris Ellis: He actually played. I haven't been around BZ much, but on the BBMB, people were pissed off that he never played. He was in several times. There was one time on a stunt where he was close to getting pressure, but other than that he was invisible.

Copeland Bryan: He didn't get much pressure either, but he did have a couple decent plays. The one that stuck out to me was when he bull-rushed the RT and batted down Pennington's pass. He's not great, but he's not doing bad for his first couple of starts.

McCargo: Anyone have any idea why this guy is still playing? I thought he had a disc in his back?

Ryan Denney: Isn't too bad of a DE, he hit Pennington on one stunt up the middle.

Overall, they really shut down the run game. It's too bad they couldn't get pressure to stop the passing game. Is it just me or would it be nice to get a DT that can collapse the pocket on passing plays? Stroud is a very good DT, and I love what he's added to the defense. But neither our DE's nor DT's are getting much pressure. If just one of them would help collapse the pocket, that would be great.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Chris Ellis: He actually played. I haven't been around BZ much, but on the BBMB, people were pissed off that he never played. He was in several times. There was one time on a stunt where he was close to getting pressure, but other than that he was invisible.

Copeland Bryan: He didn't get much pressure either, but he did have a couple decent plays. The one that stuck out to me was when he bull-rushed the RT and batted down Pennington's pass. He's not great, but he's not doing bad for his first couple of starts.

McCargo: Anyone have any idea why this guy is still playing? I thought he had a disc in his back?

Ryan Denney: Isn't too bad of a DE, he hit Pennington on one stunt up the middle.

Overall, they really shut down the run game. It's too bad they couldn't get pressure to stop the passing game. Is it just me or would it be nice to get a DT that can collapse the pocket on passing plays? Stroud is a very good DT, and I love what he's added to the defense. But neither our DE's nor DT's are getting much pressure. If just one of them would help collapse the pocket, that would be great.

mccargo actually has several disks in his back!!

but to respond, ya we shut down the run game but other than some batted passes, we didnt get much pressure on Pennington. Scott had our only sack, and when the DB's and LB's are the only people on the team consistenly getting to the QB game in and game out, its a reason for concern. Pressure can hide a lot of flaws, such as your #1 CB playing at what seemed like 50%

Owen DeBoard
10-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Not to metion that the best pass rusher on the team didnt play in the game.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Not to metion that the best pass rusher on the team didnt play in the game.

the term "best" in your sentence is a relative term.

our d-line just isnt getting to the qb. we are relying on blitzers.

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
This DL has lacked consistent pressure on the passer all season long. They are doing better against the run as they contained LT and Ronnie Brown in consecutive weeks, but they really need to get to the QB a lot more.

Owen DeBoard
10-27-2008, 01:43 PM
the term "best" in your sentence is a relative term.

our d-line just isnt getting to the qb. we are relying on blitzers.
Thanks for the English lesson. Let me say this again Schobel is the BEST pass rusher on this team.

yordad
10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't think Bryan started.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the English lesson. Let me say this again Schobel is the BEST pass rusher on this team.
first, i was just pointing out that being our best pass rusher doesnt mean much.

second, i disagree. I'd say right now, kelsay is consistently getting more pressure on the passser than Schobel.

justasportsfan
10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Thoughts on the D-line

We need someone opposite Schobel. Kelsay is paid like a starter but plays like a rotational DE.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Thoughts on the D-line

We need someone opposite Schobel. Kelsay is paid like a starter but plays like a rotational DE.

Schobel is paid like a star and has 7 sacks in his last 23 games.

Neither are cutting it, but I really think Kelsay is playing better than Schobel at this point.

Owen DeBoard
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I would hope Kelsay is playin better than Schobel considerin that he was playin on a bad foot.